Start by marking “Rain Falls (Rain Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rain Falls (Rain Falls, #1)

Rain Falls

(Rain Falls #1)

A Rain Falls Romantic Dramedy, book 1
India Bell is looking for a regular writing gig to supplement her royalties. She ends up with two assignments - one, to interview up-and-coming lesbian romance writer Tegan Lowry, and the other? To win a bet to write her own lesbian romance, thus securing for herself a job as an editor.
There's a bit of an issue with the second of
Published January 16th 2014 by Lesbian Literati Press

Start your review of Rain Falls (Rain Falls, #1)
M
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comedy, romance, l-books
Really, really enjoyed this book. Loved the start, the dialogue was sparkling and had a real zip to it. This book is titled a "Dramedy" and delivers on both the drama and comedy.

I loved India.

Really assured writing and wonderful main characters.

Great read, off to purchase more of this author's work.
Vic
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesfic
Overall I mostly enjoyed this book, though there were a few niggles that kind of irked me and discouraged me from giving it a higher rating.

I liked the characters, especially Tegan. They were well constructed for the most part, sympathetic and appealing. The set up was interesting, the dialog didn't feel off, the romance quite sweet. It was nice to read about people with difficulties to get over, though the book didn't linger in self pity or dwell too much on what could have been some very
Arien
3.8 stars. I think this is the first book I've read where one of the mains has some kind of disability. It was non standard and therefore interesting to read about something new.

Both main characters where well developed but I felt there was something lacking. India is presented as antisocial and she's always been like that while Tegan is all around perfect except for her disability and family history. I felt that there should've been a reason for India's antisocial tendencies especially because
Jacob Proffitt
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Plunging into a new niche genre is always a little odd. You start off without knowing the rules and expectations so it's hard to say how good your first experiences really areat least as it relates to that niche. Which means you can be prone to making hasty judgments and generalizations that don't apply or that simply mark you as an outsider. I'll try to avoid these obvious pitfalls, but probably won't, entirely.

For the most part, I enjoyed this romance as a romance. The appellation "dramedy" is
Suzie Carr
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the writing style in this novel. The author uses vivid descriptions, placing me right in the scene along with the characters. She molded 'real' characters with flaws, personality, and desires that kept me worried, happy, sad, and rooting for them every step of the way.
Jen
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel. In fact there are a few things about it that I thought were awesome. I think "dramedy" is the perfect descriptor for Rain Falls. There is nice balance of humor to go along with the angst. I still find myself laughing at some of the scenes. Just wait till you get to the part mentioning the 'suction cups' lol. I think I spent most of the time reading this novel with a smile on my face.

India as a character was incredibly attractive to me. At first she seems standoffish;
Megzz
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vanilla
3.5 rounded to 4.

Rain Falls was a nice surprise. I didn't expect much from it: the blurb didn't appeal to me much, and the cover and title just put me off. That's probably why I'm giving it more than 3 stars, really, because I like being proved wrong.

There are some really lovely moments in this book. At times, it was incredibly delightful to read. Both characters' stories are quite tragic but the tone of the book is mainly light. There were times I laughed really hard, and other times I just
Abiesha Smith
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Smooth

If I had one word to describe this novel, this would be smooth: from the visual descriptions, the constant rainfall abound in Rain Falls to the dialogues between India and Tegan, a serene sort of smoothness saturated every page, every moment in this novel. Even through the grisly, violet moments, I still felt the calmness that hinted at hope and happiness at the end of the tunnel. Kelli Jae Baelis unique and unorthodox writing style was refreshing and immensely enjoyable, especially with
Kelli Baeli
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
SHARING THESE FIRST REVIEWs ON AMAZON and elsewhere:

5.0 out of 5 stars THOUGHT PROVOKING FUNNY AND HOT ALL ROLLED UP IN ONE! January 20, 2014
By DEE
Amazon Verified Purchase
This is my first time reading this authors work but.. it certainly won't be my last. This is a story about 2 handicapped people. One is crippled mentally while the other physically. This book gives you their journey on how they both managed to heal each other. I laughed felt warm and held my breath as well as cheered though out
Cynthia
Oct 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer
For a book about an arguably demi- or greyromantic/sexual lesbian, this book is surprisingly aphobic, not to mention amatonormative. It stereotypes being acespec as being unable to love (including family and friends), to be around people, and to be happy. It conflates what it calls sociopathy with asexuality, and humanity with romantic love. It nonsensically supposes that not having experienced crushes, romantic and/or sexual attraction, or love renders someone unable to understand it and write ...more
Lexxi Kitty
A gimp and a psychopath roll into a bar and . . .

Okay, one, I got somewhat tired of how often Tegan called herself a gimp, but that didn't really annoy me. Too much. Two, India Bell isn't actually a psychopath, she just has massive defensive walls around her emotions that just maker her appear to be emotionless. Wow this was a bad start, now I don't know where to go. heh.

Okay, story. India is a writer/book store owner/journalist/editor. Tegan is a successful lesbian romance author. India is
Ginger Miller
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How.....impressive!

This woman can write. And does it extremely well. Great, great, characters. Great secondary characters. Great story. Just a very good book. I can hardly wait to read the second book. Wish I had discovered her writing sooner. On the plus side it gives me so much more to read. I'll start now.
Bugs
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
Kelli Jae Baeli's "Rain Falls" is a Lump-In-Throat MUST-READ!

The story is beyond moving, heart-tugging. Baeli's writing & storytelling are beyond fulfilling. What a spellbinding romance. Tegan's struggle is written with such depth & heart, it penetrated my soul, my psyche as I flipped through the pages. You could literally feel Tegan's emotions as she goes through her journey, dealing with her growing feelings for India who's seemingly unavailable, & her own fears about her physical
Tanya
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-freebies
I got this book for free on Amazon. It was better than I thought it would be. I think all of the characters were well written and I like that Tegan didn't let her disability affect her. She was my favorite character. I'm pretty fond of Quasar (the cat) too. She sounds adorable!

I like that the author took time to develop their friendship and eventual relationship. There were a few parts of the story that I figured out before they were revealed, but that didn't take away from the story at all.
Sprinkles
Once I started reading this, I couldn't help noticing Kelli Jae Baeli's distinct writing style. Her approach to India and Tegan's blossoming romance was laced with a sense of snark and straight-talk. Very cool. I like being surprised.

I warmed to both characters easily and I was giddy for them to look past their mutual annoyance. Tegan's a delight and her home situation readily touched me. That cop dude was scum; India's sister cracked me up. The plot moves along nicely. Humor, love, writing
moxieBK
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
nice change of pace....but.....

While I really appreciated the POV in this story, and there needs to be more stories like it, in the end I was left disappointed.

The writing was good, and I liked the balance between the characters, but I didn't feel any pizzazz. The length was just a scootchy too long for my liking, and I ended up feeling rushed to get to the end.

It didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth, and I think the author is a very fine writer, it just didn't do a lot for me.

lov2laf
This had some good humor in it and, overall, was a good read. I found both leads to be interesting characters and it was refreshing to have them be non-conventional love interests. I also appreciated that the author let the characters get to know each other before diving into the romance. Recommend reading.
Alemona
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good story, characters are funny and sweet. I had a good time reading it.
Alicia
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-be-read
Loved it

I was so hooked I read this in one sitting, I love every character and can't wait to read the next one.
Aspen
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice to see flawed characters who weren't perfect.
Christine C

• Forget Her Not
  • Casting Lacey
  • She Sings of Old, Unhappy, Far-off Things
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • The Rules of Engagement (Rulebook, #2)
  • The Rules of Love (Rulebook, #1)
  • Trigger (A Dr. Kate Morrison Mystery, #1)
  • Eyes Like Those (Seven Shores, #1)
  • All the Little Moments
  • Unexpected
  • Guardian Wolf (Hers to Protect, #3)
  • Santa Olivia (Santa Olivia, #1)
  • Mama Bear (Hers to Protect, #1)
  • Purrrfect Family (Hers to Protect, #2)
  • Rules of the Road
  • Tinsel
  • Miss Match
  • Ask, Tell
Even after 58 books, Kelli Jae Baeli always tries to write the sort of book she would want to read.

She says her favorite thing to do is take a common trope and turn it on its ear. Where you expect a zig, she gives you a zag. In her pages, you will find strong female characters, ethical dilemmas, realistic romantic storylines often filled with adventure and intense pacing, tempered by witty

Rain Falls (3 books)
  • In Absentia (Rain Falls, #2)
  • Pariahs & Prodigals (Rain Falls, #3)

News & Interviews