Start by marking “Thunderbird (Miriam Black, #4)” as Want to Read:
Thunderbird (Miriam Black, #4)

Thunderbird

(Miriam Black #4)

In the fourth installment of the Miriam Black series, Miriam heads to the southwest in search of another psychic who may be able to help her understand her curse, but instead finds a cult of domestic terrorists and the worst vision of death she’s had yet. Miriam Black is being developed as a TV series by Starz with the producers of Breaking Bad.

Miriam is becoming addicted
Published February 28th 2017 by Saga Press

To ask other readers questions about Thunderbird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thunderbird

Start your review of Thunderbird (Miriam Black, #4)
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/02/27/...

Chuck Wendig is one of my favorite authors, and to date I must have read more than a dozen of his books. But whenever someone asks what I think is his best work, my mind always comes back to Miriam Black.

Oh Miriam, Miriam, Miriam, “my fair fuckin’ lady” Miriam. From the very start she had me with her snarky spitfire devil-may-care ways, though in truth it is her secret power that makes most people sit up and pay attentio
Bradley
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miriam seems to be growing up. A little.

I mean, what else can a girl do but survive all these years of being able to see everyone's death in graphic detail by just her little touch? Take up jogging? Quit smoking? Stop cursing all those wonderfully imaginative curses at everyone and everything and despair at just how f***ed up her life is or how EVERYONE gets hurt when they're near her?

Ah, well, no. But baby steps. Baby steps.

She's trying. And taking to the road with her girlfriend who inexplicab
Steven
Dangit, Wendig! That ending! And you're going to make us wait for an explanation? Seriously? Book five had better come out this year or very early next! Bah!
Ashley Daviau
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That’s it. Chuck Wendig has officially blown my mind into smithereens. I honestly don’t know how he does what he does but I’m eternally thankful for it because it is bloody damn fantastic! Just when I think Miriam can’t evolve anymore, she manages to surprise me and become even more of an awesome badass character that I love with all my heart. While I do love all the murder and mayhem and craziness that goes on, my favourite part of this series by far is seeing Miriam’s evolution from Blackbirds ...more
Josh
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, own, read_2019
"So violent. Like a feral cat. We like that about you Miriam. You get things done. We hope you stay on board with us for a long time. We'd hate to see you go. Though we do have one helluva severance package for you when the time comes - "

Miriam's plight to purge her curse takes a turn for the worse when her world and that of an 8yr boy, collide, causing a ripple effect sure to permeate throughout Miriam's remaining days.

Supernatural and urban-fantasy elements steadily become more paramount in t
Brandon
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, ebook, fiction, favorites
Miriam Black is back, bitches!

In Thunderbird, the fourth installment of the series, Miriam is seeking a mysterious psychic she hopes can finally rid her of her curse - the ability to foresee the death of those she touches. During her search, she becomes mixed up with a group of domestic terrorists with grand ambitions. Following inadvertent skin-to-skin contact with a member of their troupe, Miriam has a vision of their horrifying plan. Will Miriam make the choice to alter fate or say “screw it”
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**This is a NO SPOILER review** I'm not telling you the plot, in fact, don't even read the blurbs on the backs of these books--go into it blind, okay? Don't even read this unless you've read the others. Don't read any of my reviews until AFTER you've read these books yourself. Just know, they are all FIVE STARS and they are AMAZING! That's all you need to know.***

I honestly don't know how Wendig does what he does. Here we are at the fourth book in the Miriam Black series and I'm just stunned at
Holly
God I love Miriam Black!!! Although, as much as I love the cover, I REALLY miss the original amazeballs covers by Joey Hi-Fi, which I think were far superior to these new ones.
Andy
And we’re back with the caustic Miriam Black!

I must admit before writing this review I had to go back & re-read my prior entries in the series to see how I’d left it as this episode felt very differently to how I remembered it. The focus seemed all wrong? Different for sure. It felt more like a “thriller”…… perhaps the 4 year gap from Cormorant says it all, a different style evolves after the hiatus?

So….. back to my prior review……. Yeah well…… not very helpful….. a tad cryptic was my last entry
Craig Allen
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another EXCELLENT Miriam Black book! I wonder if there will ever be another character/series that I love as much as Miriam. If so, I've yet to encounter one in any other book. It's a travesty that this isn't a TV series on HBO/Showtime/FX, etc. Miriam is her usual foul mouthed, dark self (aka, perfect!) as she investigates the bad deeds a terrorist-like organization is up to and a mysterious young boy that might have powers of his own. Great story with legit one of the most badass scenes I've ev ...more
Skip
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, fantasy
Miriam Black is a take-no-prisoners girl, who have a special ability whereby when she touches someone, she is able to see how and when they die. She also can enter the minds of birds and control them. Miriam wants to be more human and less of a freak, and is seeking a woman named Mary Stitch, whose name she acquired in the last book from Mary's sociopathic brother, who she has been told can make her powers go away. However, along the way, Miriam meets up with other people with special abilities, ...more
Holly (The Grimdragon)
Miriam just laughed, because, c'mon. Titmouse. Titmouse. The ranger just stood there, annoyed --blink, blink, blink--and Miriam of course explained because Miriam of course enjoys digging holes and jumping in them. She said, "Because first you imagine a mouse, a little squeaky mouse, and then you imagine a tit--a boob, a breast, a sweater monkey that has escaped its underwire cage--and now it's attached to the mouse? Like, on its back? Or the top of its head? Flopping around like a damn Jell-O m ...more
Chip
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3.5 stars. Don't offhand recall specifically what I thought of the prior three (although I know I liked enough to keep reading them), but suspect frankly that this was the best of the bunch. Wendig seems to be growing as a writer and doing a nice job developing his style (both prose and storytelling) for the Miriam Black books. Hopefully in the next two of this second trilogy he'll start answering some of the big questions.
Marianne
So.Much.Suffering... Truth be told, my empathy for poor Miriam kept me from enjoying this book as much as the others in the series. That's one effed up militia/cult:-/ The whole bird ability/thingy Miriam's got going on... creepy.

And THAT ending! That's one hell of a cliffhanger
Stuart
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Miriam Black is back! On the path to rid herself of a curse, Miriam discovers that her power has more to offer than she thought.

Miriam Black is attempting to be healthy. Running, cutting out cigarettes and participating in a relationship. That all goes to hell when. while out on a run, she encounters a woman with a young boy fleeing an unseen threat. Upon touching the woman, she has a vision of both of their deaths. Using her new (and badass) powers Miriam manages to narrowly avoid death. The wo
Jason
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
4 Stars

Thunderbird book 4 in the Miriam Black series by Chuck Wendig was a welcome return to our dark and cursed heroine. I really enjoyed this book especially after such a long delay between this and the last book The Cormorant. Couple this with the fact that I was really disappointed with book three, a strong return was absolutely necessary.

This is a dark book that is leading up to a dark ending. Part horror, part drama, with a little bit of twisted humor is what you can expect with these boo
Emma C.
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites, wendig
Are you fucking kidding me!?
Seriously?
What?
So that was my reaction ☝️
I Finished Thunderbird the fourth in the Miriam Black series today, & that ending 😱 I did not see that coming.
its another 5⭐️ that's all you need to know. I'm not doing a review, it's best going into these beauties blind.
Tobey
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, popsugar-2020, afb
Miriam Black is not the girl next door for those that haven't read any of these. I was a little confused at times trying to figure out past vs present but amidst some of my confusion, I was right back on track with Miriam's story.

I think I enjoyed this book better than book 3 but I enjoyed the first two the most. Miriam's story is not yet over.
Jennifer Wheeler
Didn’t like this one quite as much as the others. Still good though - 4.5 stars rather than 5.
Darcy
Mar 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don't know, maybe because it's been a long time since the last book or maybe it's me, but this is a hard one to read. I started reading it a week ago, made it 10 pages, put it down. Then decided that this was the weekend I would read it, started over and in 2 days only made it 65 pages, which is not good for me. In 2 days I should have finished it and another book. What I liked about Miriam at the start, her rude crudeness grates on my last sane nerve. Violence seems to be her only move any mo ...more
Billie
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I wasn't a huge fan of the plot about the Coming Storm, but, damn, I love Miriam in all her jagged brokenness.
Emily
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CHUCK WENDIG, YOU MOTHERFUCKER
Beau North
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like Miriam Black. I like that she's tough and self-aware, that she knows she's vulnerable and how she's vulnerable. I've liked seeing her evolve over the course of the series. At the end of book 3, The Cormorant, she makes an important phone call and the story ends with a sliver of hope, which is dashed pretty thoroughly by the second chapter of Thunderbird. Still, in the face unbearable pain and disappointment, Miriam perseveres. She cares, she loves, and Miriam is beginning to see that even ...more
Amy
Wendig's Miriam Black series is the opposite of suck. That's the best I can do at the moment. Read my reviews of the first three in this series if you want a more thorough, heartfelt explanation of how I feel about these books.
Strange_Trees
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, horror
Wow am I ever glad I wasn't reading this book before the fifth one was out. On the flip side, I'm nervous to start the next one cause the last isn't out for another month or so.
Welp.
Erica
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
The continuing saga of Miriam Black.
Soo
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
*Need to Review

Note: Tempted to 5 Star just for the end.
Hazi
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story of a broad and her birds 🐦

When life punches Miriam in the face she punches it right back with a witty rejoinder and a swift kick to the nuts
John
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Chuck Wendig. I have the final two books on order, so hopefully they arrive here soon so I can finish the series.
Amy Braun
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Miriam is back and fierce as ever. This was definitely an unexpected turn for her story, but a nonetheless fantastic one fill with complex villains whose motives and personalities are far from black and white, creepy magic, unexpected visitors, pulse-pounding action, and gritty, razor sharp writing. I couldn't believe how much I missed this series until I started reading this fourth book. Yes, it was ruthless in almost every way imaginable (honestly, Miriam spends so much time in dirty places it ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Seven Blades in Black (The Grave of Empires, #1)
  • The Ridealong: A Suspense Thriller
  • Malice of Crows (The Shadow, #3)
  • A Beginning at the End
  • The Landing (The United States of Vinland #1)
  • The Man Who Was Twisted But Hip: A New Sherlock Holmes Mystery (New Sherlock Holmes Mysteries Book 9)
  • Straight Outta Deadwood
  • Eden
  • The Patient
  • Murder on Fleet Street (Ginger Gold Mysteries #10)
  • The Princess Beard (The Tales of Pell, #3)
  • Malorie (Bird Box, #2)
  • Providence
  • The Boatman's Daughter
  • The 50 Greatest Matches In Australian Cricket History*, *Of The Past 50 Years
  • Survivor Song
  • The Queen of Crows (The Sacred Throne, #2)
  • Bad Chili
Chuck Wendig is a novelist, a screenwriter, and a freelance penmonkey.
He has contributed over two million words to the roleplaying game industry, and was the developer of the popular Hunter: The Vigil game line (White Wolf Game Studios / CCP).

He, along with writing partner Lance Weiler, is a fellow of the Sundance Film Festival Screenwriter's Lab (2010). Their short film, Pandemic, will show at th

Miriam Black (6 books)
  • Blackbirds (Miriam Black, #1)
  • Mockingbird (Miriam Black, #2)
  • The Cormorant (Miriam Black, #3)
  • The Raptor & the Wren (Miriam Black, #5)
  • Vultures (Miriam Black, #6)