Start by marking “Sparrows for Free (Sparrows, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sparrows for Free (Sparrows, #1)

Sparrows for Free

(Sparrows #1)

There are skeletons in every closet. Some stay quiet—and some rule your soul with an iron fist.

Ezra is ruled by the ghosts of his past—and needled by the guilt they create. Not only does he have to manage his own guilt—his friends are forced to bear the weight as well. He lives in limbo, never dreaming of anything that lies beyond the grave.
In his mind, he’s a murderer, pu
Published March 15th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Sparrows for Free, please sign up.

Kathryn
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
WOW!!! Just... WOW!!!!
I can't even speak I am all over the place...

FULL REVIEW:
I'm not even sure I know how to begin this.
I knew it would be a great book, I mean, it is Lila Felix...
But, did I know it would captivate my heart to no abounds?
Did I know that it would physically cause my chest to ache, worrying about how this was going to end?
The answer is no...Nope...I had no idea I would be so profoundly affected by Sparrows for Free.
Lila Felix writes the most intense, dynamic characters. They are
Dilinna
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
OMG.....DNF @ 65%....yes i went that far and jst decided....i couldnt handle the torture anymore! 2 stars because it had a little bit of promise if only crafted well!
description

This book was one thing for me...PAINFUL which is unusual cos i love this troupe...it never gets cliche for me...i see a broken guy and girl book and instant book magnet! but what went wrong here???? A whole list of things!
1) I could not connect to the characters! i tried with the h and felt sad for her but the H...not at all... He
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
I just happen to be one of these people who gets their feelings hurt all the time. I don’t plan to get hurt or to be so sensitive. It’s just who I am.
***

An absolute heart breaking tale of two broken souls wandering aimlessly through life, just existing. Both have their reasons for hiding away from the world. But both find a reason to fight for something more...in each other. Up until they meet, their lives have clearly been just existing and not living. Now that their eyes have been peeled op
Jenny
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How freaking amazing is Lila? Totally amazing! I just finished reading Sparrows For Free, and it was AMAZING! It had moments where you just laugh out loud, it will have you yelling and shaking your head at your eReader. The characters are so fresh, real and raw. You'll just want to run up to Aysa and give her a big hug. You'll want to just give Ezra a big hug, while at the same time you'll want to slap some since into him. Oh and Gray - OMG, I won't get started on her, I so do not want to spoil ...more
Rebecca
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow..... just.... wow.

I am wavering on how many stars...

4 Freeing Stars

I can't decide between 3, 3.5, or 4, so lets just go with 4.

First of all, I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this. The blurb, for me, wasn't very informative, but I thought... what the heck, lets do this.

In the beginning I knew I was going to hate this book. The characters and the whole atmosphere of the story was just.... depressing, and slow, and depressing. However, once the story really got started I was hooke
Ashleigh Russell
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been simply blown away by a connection you had with a character? Not your typical, “Oh yeah, we have all experienced a little of that.” I mean a stronger connection. I remember thinking, “Has Lila Felix been in my head all this time?” From the beginning, this grabbed me and wouldn’t let go. It just wouldn’t. I went through so many emotions.
Before they meet, Aysa and Ezra are pretty much in the fight for their lives. They have to heal from their own wounds, inflicted by unfortuna
Alexia Purdy
Oh so addictive! Lila Felix knows how to capture an audience. I can always get lost in her stories without even knowing it. This one was no exception.

It follows Aysa, a tiny girl in big world who thinks she's invisible and is somewhat damaged. When she meets Ezra, an equally damaged guy but for different reasons, both their worlds take sudden turn and everything will never be the same.

I love Aysa and her quirks. I can relate to her feelings of loneliness, invisibility and rejection. She's writte
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Title: Sparrows For Free
Author: Lila Felix
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Format: Ebook
Pages: 316
Rating: 5
Heat: 1

Thoughts: A beautiful story of finding your backbone and learning to let go. Of course since it's the first there is no HEA yet which means I have yet another book added to my TBR list LOL. This is a totally clean, slowly fall in love story between two people with different issues that have shaped them into the people they are today. I really liked the characters, their real life
Candace Selph
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, romance
ARC review

This is a beautifully written book that really showcases how much Lila has grown into her writing. Even though I've been a long-time fan, and have loved everything she has written, there is just a depth of these characters that I cannot explain.

Lila has always had a flare for character development, always. You become close to her characters; their stories become yours. You know them, and you can usually even relate to them on some level.

In Sparrows for Free you fall in love, get your h
Mike
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Have you ever played that game with a balloon? You know, the one where you smack it up into the air and then when it comes down you pop it back up? That’s the kind of feeling this book has. Every time the negative stuff these poor characters have gone through or feel start to drag you down, they manage to do something to pop you right back up in the air.

Most of the book is done in a point of view passed back and forth between our tw
Christine Woo
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everything that Lila writes is Amazing! All the chataracters in Sparrows for free we're so awesome and I wanted to literally hug them!! I really wish the book never had to end and I can just keep reading about Ezra and Aysa!! I just loved them!!! What I love about Lila's books is that I can litteraly feel the emotion in her words. A story is just a story if not given emotion. And I can literally feel everything that the charcters feel! Oh this was just so good!! :D Note: I know that this review ...more
Dusti Hanrahan
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really good read. It's more YA than I normally go for but I will read on because the ending sucked.

It's got a shit ton of self loathing, insecurity, self blame/doubt. It was so sad and hard to read at times because it was just so damn negative but, in the end, I did enjoy the bit of peace Aysa and Ezra were able to find.

I hated the way it ended and if book 2 doesn't give me the HEA I HAVE TO HAVE I will break something!
Mary
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I haven't reviewed any book lately because I have had health issues. The fact is I've depressed a lot lately, to the point that I don't want to get out of bed.

But today was different for me. My Kindle had been yelling my name for the past couple days, and today I picked it up. My 'to-read' has been out of control, so I decided just to read the first book that was on my shelf and this was it.

I have a cardinal rule when I read and review books: NEVER EVER compare authors. EVER!

I'm breaking that r
J
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked Lila Felix's AnguiSH so I decided to try this book authored by her also. She writes wonderfully flawed, quirky, loner-type characters you just feel so much for. But, nowhere, anywhere does the info on this book tell me its a CLIFFHANGER!!! And, #2 "Doves for Sale" hasn't been released yet. Excuse me while I scream!!!!!

But, I was introduced to two of the quirkiest and loveable characters ever. Aysa is a loner, longing for the affection her mother never showed her, "touch deprived"
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
I was sent an ARC for an honest review!

This was amazing! When I first started out I thought this would be another sob story for the oh woe is me girl, but it is so much more. The characters are wonderful, it is written wonerfully, and I'm just gonna say it was WONDERFUL! Lol!

Aysa is a small girl who loves to hide, she is comforted by her small hiding spot in her entertainment center. (imagine just how small she is to fit in this little hidey hole). She thinks the world hates her, she feels she i
Shelby P
Mar 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-to-me-author
This is my first book by Lila Felix. I read this book as part of a group challenge. 16% into the story and I still had no clue where the story was heading. Ezra and Aysa (I wish we'd gotten the correct pronunciation of her name in the text) are two characters who seem to have so much going against them, so much despair. Well we were told that but I never really felt that. Aysa seemed a bit more interesting to me than Ezra.

(view spoiler)
Cyndi
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Relatable, raw, fresh, emotional and amazing! Those are just a few words I would use to describe this story. Lila has written a story that is going to tug at your heartstrings, feel what the characters are feeling and rejoice with them as they grow.

Ezra and Aysa have hidden away from life and themselves. They've both had experiences in the past that has halted their happiness and life. It took meeting each other for them to realize that they want more from themselves. Throughout the story you ge
Debbie
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, new-adult
No one writes damaged characters like Lila Felix! I always end up wanting to hug them through the pages or grab them by the collar and shake them if they are being destructive. In this case both.The characters in this book are so messed up! Add one dead girlfriend, a manipulative best frien and a kind of basket case and you get magic!
Camille Eugenio
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was depressing most of the time. And just like the characters, it tended to drown you in their sorrows. That you just wanted to stop it already. However, the saving grace for this, it didn't fail to leave out, little sparks of hope here and there. And those kept me reading through the end. And it should come as a warning that this book has a sequel and with a bit of a cliffhanger.
Emily Dengler
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-ebooks
This was a book I bought on a whim because I love Lila felix and her writing. What I got was so amazing this book is amazing. It has to do with some hard topics but it all wrapped up together well. Can't wait for the sequel
Ilene
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: k-unlimited, series
I do enjoy Lila Felix but this book was a miss for me. I feel like I might have been reading a different book seeing all the glowing reviews.

Could be a great story but it drags a lot and it seems like there is a lot not being revealed.
Hollie
This was a rather PG coming of age romance. It was just an ok read for me. My main complaint is that it ended on a cliffhanger and I am not a fan of those. Book 2 is offered on kindleunlimited so I guess I will give it a try just to get some sort of closure for this series.
Kristina Snyder
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved, Loved, Loved!!!! Review to come
JC
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Thought there was a lot of potential, but got rather confusing for me - I couldn't understand why everyone hated on Aysa so much, didn't make sense. It didn't read much like a well thought out story.
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 star review by Jen Skewes

This book completely captured me from the moment I started reading. I am sure that you all know by now how much I love Lila Felix’s writing. She has a way of creating theses damaged and broken characters and you find yourself completely wrapped up in their world. Feeling their pain and and heath right along with them. Sparrows for Free was a beautiful, yet heart wrenching story of two damaged people just living their lives day by day. Their world slowly starts to chang
Moa
Mar 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
I am genuinely surprised people are giving this 4-5 stars and calling it 'amazing'. There are so many issues I have with this.

The main female character is probably one of the most annoying characters I've read in a while, and I read Twilight not too long ago. She is completely spineless and probably the most insecure person to ever have been written into existence. The slightest thing that is said that isn't completely mollycoddling her makes her freak out, leaving her to hide in a cupboard unti
Echo
Sparrows for Free is an amazingly beautiful story of two broken individuals. Lila Felix has done it again, writing another compellingly addictive story that I couldn't get enough of. Told from the dual points of view of Ezra and Aysa, it was lovely, heartbreaking and stunning.

It all begins with Ezra and an accident that leaves a horribly dark scar on his life, forever changing him. Fast forward several years and he is living with his best friends Dobber and Gray. Ezra and Gray have a complicate
Kelly
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review:

Lila Felix will capture your heart with her latest love story "Sparrow for Free". Ezra & Aysa are two broken people looking for the missing pieces of their hearts in a world of rejection. Together they find strength, courage & themselves.

Aysa is invisible, at least that's how she feels. She works hard, never complains & instead of being praised she's dismissed by others. Even Aysa's own family withholds their affections from her. The one time she doesn't feel alone & o
Alexandra
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It took me many tries to read this book. I don't know what it was but I wasn't feeling this book at first. The beginning is very confusing in my opinion. I felt very lost and I didn't know what was going on but the more I read it, the more I got sucked in. Felix is a fantastic writer. The story and characters she created are amazing. I adore Aysa. I have so much respect and admiration for her. In the beginning, she has no backbone. She had a very tough childhood that was filled with a lot of neg ...more
Kerri Huffstutler
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC review

First of all I love Lila Felix and everything she writes. She is the coolest person and so sweet.So knowing all this made me nervous to submit this review. Luckily I worried for no reason. So, here are the reasons to read Sparrows For Free:

1. The characters in the book are not caught up constantly in a lust filled fog. Ezra and Aysa start to build a relationship that has nothing to do with how much they want to sleep with each other. The nice thing is they both are trying to help the o
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sweet Escape (Sweet, #2)
  • Turtle Bay
  • Down by the Water
  • The Ornament Box: A Love Story
  • The Suffocation of Katie
  • Footprints in the Sand
  • Ashborne (The Ashborne Saga #1)
  • Call Me Crazy
  • The Log Goblin
  • His Final Bargain
  • Stepbrother Alpha's Baby 3
  • Going Nowhere
  • Hear Me When the Sun Goes Down (Forged Bloodlines, #6)
  • Crossing the Line (World Apart, 1)
  • Not The One (London Lovers, #4; Lost in London #1)
  • Taming Alec
  • Live-In-Position
  • The Fly House
Lila Felix is full of antics and stories. She refused to go to Kindergarten after the teacher made her take a nap on the first day of school. She staged her first protest in middle school. She almost flunked out of her first semester at Pepperdine University because she was enthralled with their library and frequently was locked in. Now her husband and three children have to put up with her rebel ...more

Sparrows (2 books)
  • Doves for Sale (Sparrows, #2)
“I see a future when I look at you. I see hope for something more. I see a glimmer where there was only darkness. I will be your hiding place, you don’t have to hide by yourself—just keep being my light. As long as I can see the light, I know I can make it.” 2 likes