Start by marking “Escape from Lucien (Amulet, #6)” as Want to Read:
Escape from Lucien (Amulet, #6)

Escape from Lucien

(Amulet #6)

A worthy mission...or a trap?

Navin and his classmates journey to Lucien, a city ravaged by war and plagued by mysterious creatures, where they search for a beacon essential to their fight against the Elf King. Meanwhile, Emily heads back into the Void with Max, one of the Elf King's loyal followers, where she learns his darkest secrets. The stakes, for both Emily and Navin
Published August 26th 2014 by Graphix (first published July 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Escape from Lucien, please sign up.
Tessa First of all, my edits:*This *the *Colossus

First of all, my edits:*This *the *Colossus

Second of all, yes, it could be much bigger but it already requires three pilots. If you make it larger, it would also be a much larger target.(less)

Calista
This is like the Empire Strikes Back episode where everything falls apart and all seems pretty much lost. It was an excellent volume. Navin and his story took center stage. It was a nice story arc. Someone does die in this one.

I love the artwork of this story and I love the story. It is so well told and the imagination of Kazu seems boundless. There is always something new and he wows you visually. I am wondering where the story is going. I really don't see an end and as much as I'm enjoying thi
Michael Finocchiaro
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SOOOO EXCITING! My son and I ADORED this 6th tome of the Amulet series and wait Tome 7 with impatience. Will the family be reunited? Will they get the Bad Elf Dude? Will the girl resist the evil side of the ring? OK, so there are two tropes here - the powerful ring (well, a stone in this case) and "the force" which can be for good or for evil. But damnit, in this series it is so well drawn and so well-written that I really don't mind and enjoy every page and every character!
Jillian (thehappy.reader)
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HOLY CRAP.
I've never teared up while reading a graphic novel before and this one made me tear up a bit! SO GOOD AND AAAAAAH I NEED THE NEXT ONE
Alexa
Pretty sure that this is my favorite of the series so far! So much happening, and such exciting (and nerve-wracking) moments. Definitely a strong installment of this series!
Ferdy
Pretty good, liked all the action and plot progression in this. Also, the lack of Emily was good too.

Not sure what was going on with all the shadows/the voice/the secret cities/the void/memories/the jumping from one place to another, it was all kind of a mess, but still enjoyable enough.
Daniel
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Prica stvarno postaje sve bolja i bolja. Ima par obrta koje stvarno nisam ocekivao i to mi jedrago. Artwork je isto sve lepsi i lepsi.

Jedini minus je sto ce mo morati cekati jedno 2 godine za part 7 :(
John Papadopoulos
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Whoa wasn't expecting that! Never thought i would tear up while reading a graphic novel but i did! aww.. Navin and Aly bored me so much here gah! but nonetheless amazing!
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
At some point, I need to go back and read these straight through. I always feel like I miss something when I start the new book and it takes me awhile to remember where the story left off. The story continues at a fast pace and the action continues. Looks like there will be a book #7 - yay.
Selene
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Chris
Finally some more female characters who actually do something. Really good installment.
Cathy
I really don't know what I think about this series anymore. After two years away it's hard to remember much about the series, but that's not entirely about the gap in time. The author seems to think that every installment needs to be about a whole new twist or and a new location and each book feels like an entirely new story. He's picked up and dropped so many plot lines, I just don't know what to feel about the series anymore. I thought I was reading a story about a couple of kids and their mom ...more
Travis
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Once again, I was not a huge fan of this addition to the story however I did enjoy the build up to the epic ness that I believe the next one will have!
Yoomi
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received the ARC from NetGalley.

I have always wanted to read this series but never got around to it. Then I saw Vol 6 on Netgalley and decided it was time. So I started Friday and read every spare moment I had. It is Sunday night and I have just finished Vol 6. I am blown away. There are elements that remind me of Avatar: The Last Airbender, Chronicles of Narnia, Howl's Moving Castle and other fantasy/scifi that I've read before but it is still a fun ride. And seeing as how the intended audien
Tisha
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, as a graphic novel it is undoubtedly amazing because you can't find any flaw in the illustrations. They are beautiful as always.
But the story-line is not working for me anymore! It's like the same kinda adventurous tale again and again. Moreover, so many new characters are being introduced in every new volume, which is making everything really complex!
It's pretty sure that I'm not gonna read anymore book of this series!
lovemonicarose
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
So glad I stuck this one out because even though I thought the first ones were juvenile it does get better.
jaroda
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Reread July 2016

Read November 2014
Rachel
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
These just keep getting crazier and crazier! And this one wow, I almost teared up at one part.
Edwin
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A little slower than the last one but still enjoyable. I was loving all the blue in the art.
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!! That ending killed me!! Where is volume 7!!??
Jamie
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
4,5 stars!
Chelsea
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphics-comics
I didn't like this one much in the beginning, but the ending and most of the middle made up for it. It was pretty good and I'm super excited for the final book! Woo!
Cameron Chaney
Of all six Amulet books I've read, this is my least favorite. It was rather boring from page one and didn't capture my attention until the end, and even then the ending was just okay. I dunno, this was just a text-heavy rebellion story in which everyone stands around talking about how they'll rebel instead of doing much. This kind of story is just getting so tired to me. I want Amulet to go back to the fantastical storytelling of the earlier volumes instead of this sci-fi "Look at us! Look! We'r ...more
Klinta
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
The book was really cool, but I struggled with the fact that I have a hard time remembering all that happened before (and that is a lot!!) and also with the fact that there are so many plotlines, so many important decisions... but we just swoop right past them without going any deeper.

I find this book and the whole series to be a bit contradictory - going easy without explaining much (as for children), but having a quite complicated narrative (as for adults).
Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {merry wanderer of the night}
As the elf war wages brutally on, Emily, Vigo and Trellis must face their innermost fears as they face off against Max Griffen in the Void, the immaterial realm of memory that houses the voice of the stone.
But what if, just possibly, Max isn't the villain they think he is?
When faced with the horrors of the Void, the Stonekeepers begin to wonder who, exactly, their 'enemy' truly is.

"Did you expect to simply walk into my house and sweep me out?"
"We're stronger than you."
"Not here, my friend. Not i
Myndi
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another riveting installment of the Amulet series. I'm still really enjoying the artwork and the story itself has taken on a turn that I didn't see coming. What happens when the bad guy isn't really the bad guy??? That's what you'll be asking yourself by the end of this book.

I was glad that this book had more of Navin getting to kick some butt and save the day instead of just Emily. I liked the return of some characters from earlier in the series. It's great that we're finally getting some answ
ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Every time I pick up a new volume of this series I am once again blown away by the art work. Kazu Kibuishi story boards remind me so much of Hayao Miyazaki's, which is pretty much the most amazing compliment any artist could ever receive in my opinion.

The art is easily 5/5. The story though doesn't have always have a clear direction. It's very busy. I can't imagine recalling every detail if I had only read one a year. This is the kind of series that with every new installment, you should reread
Scott
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Torn about this one - the art & characters are amazing as always but the story seems to flounder - this is the sixth book in the series and it just seems to stray farther and farther from the core plot - can't really figure out what he's doing or where he's going with this story.

Hmmmm

I don't know, this might be the last in the series that I read.

Torn...
Sara Price.
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is probably a more 4.5/5 stars but I'm giving it 5 because of the art. I love the art in this story! It is amazing. The story and the plot isn't the most well written thing in world but overall I really enjoying this series!
  • The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #3)
  • Saving the Whole Wide World (HiLo, #2)
  • The Sand Warrior (5 Worlds, #1)
  • The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • Secret of the Time Tablets (Cleopatra in Space, #3)
  • Pirates of the Silver Coast (Three Thieves, #5)
  • Runaways #1
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • The Hidden Witch (The Witch Boy #2)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Vol. 2
  • Oz: Ozma of Oz (Marvel Classics)
  • The Hollows (Hollowland Graphic Novel)
  • Spider-Gwen (2015) #5
Kazu Kibuishi (born 1978) is an American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He has also written (drawn) the Amulet series. The webcomic artist and noted critic Scott McCloud has said that some of Kazu Kibuishi's work is so beautifully drawn that "it hurts my hands when I look at ...more

Amulet (9 books)
  • The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1)
  • The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2)
  • The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)
  • The Last Council (Amulet, #4)
  • Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5)
  • Firelight (Amulet, #7)