Start by marking “Second Chances (Everyday Angel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Chances (Everyday Angel, #2)

Second Chances (Everyday Angel #2)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  508 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Meet a guardian angel like no other, from a writer like no other. Bold, rising star Victoria Schwab returns with the second book in this whimsical, inspiring, and clever middle-grade series.

There's more to Aria than meets the eye. She's a guardian angel. And to earn her wings, she'll have to help three different girls. . . .

This time, Aria comes to Caroline Mason. At her a
Published August 26th 2014 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Second Chances, please sign up.

Slymandra
This one is about school bullying and I think Schwab delt with it in a pretty good way. It was a nice middle-grade read, the plot took an interesting turn everytime it could have been over-expected. I really liked the resolution. And Aria is really starting to grow on me.
Lexi Gibson
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Patrick
Jun 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Utfctrucutrccrut

Youthful get
Union Vick fm fm fm ft fj fj jinn it uhnfunjnfiuhnsuhisuh sjnkisjhsiun sushi his sins hijab unisons unsiihn
Emma Wagner
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books are all so good!
Melissa
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This a great middle-grade that I wished I read when I was a kid or even in middle school!
Dance30
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book shows how to be a friend when they are lonely. I like that Aria has to help three people other wise she wont get her wings and she thinks that fine and it is good to help people
AwesomePerson
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!
zapkode
Aria is faced with a challenge in this book. Two best friends Caroline and Lily are no longer friends. Lily wanted to play a mean prank on the new girl at school and Caroline stopped it, sort of. However, since Caroline had interfered with Lily's plans, she had then became the newest target to the meanness that Lily was able to dish out. Lily decided to become Caroline's worst enemy and to have the whole school freeze her out. Aria has to decide how best to help both Caroline and Lily in this ne ...more
Ashley Ferguson
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review and more can be found at The A P Book Club!

*I received a copy of this book from Scholastic in exchange for an honest review*

I absolutely love Victoria Schwab's books. I pre-order them whenever they're available, and I read them as soon as I get them. Her Everyday Angel books are no exception - they're just as wonderful and powerful and the characters are just so well-developed that I always forget they're written for middle grade audiences.

Aria is my favorite, and I'm glad the books
Sam
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to go live on 08/22/2014 over at Cherry Blossoms and Maple Syrup!

Huge thank you to Scholastic and Netgalley for this ARC!

I was completely smitten with the first book of this series. Aria was completely loveable and believable as this guardian angel sent to help people with their life affecting problems, and this next instalment focuses on a popular topic that has been circulating middle grade and YA fiction for awhile: bullying. It’s a tough topic to handle, but I feel like Schwab writes
Mia Santorelli
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the book "Everyday Angel 2 New Beginning" there is a lot of things that most kids, teenager, and adults have experienced. For example bullying. In this book you can have a point of view of the victim ( Caroline ) and a bystander ( Aria ). I really like that the author puts these point of view in prospective. Lots of people been bullied or seen people get bullied so they can relate to the book.

The bully, Lilly, used to be friend with Caroline until one unfortunate event which cause the best f
Simone Sylvester
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle-graders, people getting into reading, tween-to-teen girls, almost anyone.
This book was awesome, equally awesome to the first book in the series.

Tasnim Goni
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is about when Aria a guardian angel had to help people that are having trouble to earn her wings. And to do that she'll have to help three different girls. . . .

This time, Aria comes to Caroline Mason. At her all-girls' prep school, Caroline is being bullied. She eats lunch alone and is picked on by her classmates every day. She gets tripped on and she has no friends. The ringleader of the mean girls is Lily Pierce. But Lily isn't an ordinary bully: she used to be Caroline's best frie
Heidi
Dec 14, 2016 added it
Everyday Angel, By Victoria Schwab, Aria is a guardian angel and to earn her wings, she'll have to help three different girls. Aria's second mission is Gabby. Gabby's brother has been sick for a long a time, she has been worried for him for so long she forgot who she is. Gabby learned it's hard making friends when your secret is half your life.
The theme is probably about not to let your secrets get in front of making friends. Aria helps Gabby make friends. But Gabby doesn't want her friends kno
Gracie
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aria is back, and this time she has to help Caroline, a girl who is being bullied. But as Aria discovers why Caroline is being bullied by Lily Pierce, and what has happened in the past between them, she wonders if Caroline really wants to move on, or if she just wants to go back to the way things were.
Iris
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just love this book! I picked this book because I've the first one and I loved it so I decide to read the second one. The only thing I didn't like about the book is how long it took to come out.
I like details the author did a lot because she made sure to make you feel like you were the character.
I like Aria (one of the main characters) because I like how the author made her seem very confused and happy every time she sees something new. my favorite part in the book is when everything ends up
Anja Royko
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trimester-3
208 pages

Aria is a guardian angel, well almost. First she has to help three girls, she has already helped one girl named Gabby, but she still has two more girls to help. Aria's special shadow brings her to a school just
for girl where she is supposed to look for a girl surrounded by blue smoke. Aria meets a girl named Caroline, who is marked by smoke, but she is in for a surprise, Caroline is not the only one Aria has to help, she also has to help Lily Pierce. Aria knows that it will be hard to h
Gracie
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances is an awesome book that I couldn't put down. It talks about real life problems, such as bullies, popularity, and being alone. I found this to be one of my favorite books.
Karen Barber
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
On this occasion, Aria has two girls to help - Caroline and Lily. The girls used to be best friends, but in her quest to become popular, Lily has become a bully and she is making Caroline's life pretty miserable.
Aria is kind of kooky, and in reality her optimism would be wearing but in this context she's positive and offers a different perspective on looking at the problem.
This handles the topic of bullying well; going beyond the cliché and showing us some slightly more nuanced characters.
Defini
Debby
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Damn, this book covers bullying in middle school in a way that would have tremendously helped me in high school. Like, friendships fall apart, and you wish you could just go back to the way things were, but you have to force yourself out of your shell to move forward instead. And you can get so angry that you just want revenge, but that would make you just as bad as them. They're all incredibly obvious messages, but I related to this a lot, and it was done in a way that felt extremely com
Nicole
Loved this better than the last. I am really impressed with how Victoria Schwab is handling her MG series. She tackles on realistic issues girls in middle school, or even high school, sometimes have to face. I am very glad I got my little sister reading this series, and I think every young girl should do the same.
Elena
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a girl named Gabby and her two really good friends. Her friend Ella gives her necklace for best friends. A couple weeks later Ella starts to bully her . A angel , Aria comes and helps her. She tells her what to say and do, but Gabby didn't know that she was an angel. At the end of the book Gabby and Ella become best friends again thanks to Aria ,the angel.
Kathy Sandlin
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Emma got book two and three of this series for Christmas. This was another good age appropriate tween book. This one dealt with bullying. Always a hot topic. I was pleased with the ending. She could have made it a little more predictable but I am glad she didn't.
Teri
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent middle school story about overcoming bullies and how to stop from becoming a bully. It's a story about outgrowing friends and realizing that people have other interests and goals. The evolution of life with a little magical help thrown in!
Ashleea
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a very good book! It was a very easy and quick book to read. The strengths of this book were: friendship, family, and triumph. There were no weaknesses! I would recommend this book to elementary age kids, or middle schoolers. Overall this is a great book to read and I recommend it!
Natalie
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Best book in the series. Great message and excellent plot. Perfect for readers 7-12 I love this book so much.
gabrielle merchant
So sad

it as sad that Caroline and Lilly aren't gonna be friend's like that anymore.
but it was a good book
Apr 02, 2014 added it
Shelves: read-now
second book
Jacqui
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Schwab expertly captures the everyday drama of middle school social life. Suprsingly grounded realistic fiction with a just a touch of the supernatural.
Mari Anne
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mg-ya
This is a MG series about a guardian angel who comes to earth to help troubled girls. Wonderful concept that is well executed. A great series for grades 3-6, especially appealing to girls.
  • The Only Girl in School
  • Prisoners of War (Dog Tags, #3)
  • The Locker Ate Lucy! (Eerie Elementary #2)
  • Jelly Bean (Shelter Pet Squad, #1)
  • Goldilocks Breaks In (Grimmtastic Girls, #6)
  • Thea Stilton and the Tropical Treasure (Thea Stilton #22)
  • Finding Ruby Starling
  • Skeleton Island (Araminta Spookie, #7)
  • The Book of Bad Things
  • The Great Katie Kate Explains Epilepsy
  • I Dream of an Elephant
  • Butterfly Kisses (The Butterfly Chronicles, #2)
  • Never Race a Runaway Pumpkin (Roscoe Riley Rules, #7)
  • The Otter, the Spotted Frog & the Great Flood: A Creek Indian Story
Victoria is the product of a British mother, a Beverly Hills father, and a southern upbringing. Because of this, she has been known to say "tom-ah-toes," "like," and "y'all."

She also tells stories.

She loves fairy tales, and folklore, and stories that make her wonder if the world is really as it seems.
More about Victoria Schwab...

Everyday Angel (3 books)
  • New Beginnings (Everyday Angel, #1)
  • Last Wishes (Everyday Angel #3)