Start by marking “Little Red Quacking Hood (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe, #2)” as Want to Read:
Little Red Quacking Hood (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe, #2)

Little Red Quacking Hood

(Princess Pink and the Land of Fake-Believe #2)

Princess Pink is back for another fractured fairy tale adventure!

This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!

In
Published August 26th 2014 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Little Red Quacking Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Red Quacking Hood

Start your review of Little Red Quacking Hood (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe, #2)
Jenne
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
These stories are a lot of fun for beginner readers. We can't wait to find out what new adventures are in store for Princess Pink (who isn't a princess and hates pink!) in the Land of Fake-Believe.
Cleo
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-reading
This is a awesome book
Farhana Faruq
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a chapter book ideally for early readers (around grade 2-3). A wonky version of Little Red Riding Hood. Absolutely love it! The wolf is scared, story revolves around food and everyone is having a bad hair day - can't go wrong with that. Well written, creative and the illustrations are brilliant.

This is illustrated and written by the same person - some much talent in one human..haha
Susan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creative twist that managed to keep all the classic fairytale tropes but still make it feel new. Reads very much like one of those "The Adventures of _____" books and not much like a fairytale at all, in fact. By the halfway point I had no idea what was going to happen next and was thoroughly charmed. Cute!
Debra
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile, gardening
A twisting of a popular fairy tale to create a wacky adventure into the land of Fake-Believe. The characters are fun and the story line inventive. A good jumping off for taking a popular fairy tale and coming up with good ideas on how you might want to change it into your own wacky tale like Noah Jones has. Hair products, indeed!
Becky J Pickett
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little Red Quacking Hood

Little red quacking hood is a really good book. It has a story to it and it mixes up little red riding hood for a duck. Little red quacking hood. Read more about this book and go on a wonderful journey with Princess.

Rainey
Little kid me probably would have loved this.
Julie
This is a very popular series with children who are branching into chapter books but also like a graphic format AND want something funny.
Chris
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
The land of fake-believe offers lots of silly fun.
Ashlea
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-stella
I think little red Quacking hood was actually stealing pies for nothing.
Jamie Bettinardi
Yay

Such a fun book for boys or girls. 5 year old boy loves it! thanks for the fun books yo.
Mary Brown
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Princess Pink And The Land Of Fake-Believe: Little Red Quaking Hood by Noah Z. Jones is a cute children’s book. Princess Pink travels to the Land of Fake-Believe and meets Scaredy-Pants Wolf, who is a baker. He has a problem, someone is stealing his pies. And the thief is Little Red Quacking Hood. Princess Pink, Scaredy-Pants Wolf and their friend Moldylocks have a mystery to solve. Why are the pies being stolen and how can they stop the stealing?

There is a lot of adventure and mystery in this
Suzanne
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, ya-kid-lit
Princess Pink returns to the Land of Fake-Believe for another fractured fairy tale adventure. This time she meets Little Red Quacking Hood. That's right, Hood is a duck in this story. And not just any duck, but a thieving duck! She has been stealing pies from the bakery of Scaredy-Pants Wolf. Wolf has asked Moldylocks for help in stopping the robberies, so Princess Pink joins her friend in trying to trap and confront the devious duck. Princess is surprised to learn the reason why Little Red ...more
Debby Vandersande
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it
The first book in the Princess Pink and the Land of Fake-Believe series, Moldylocks and the Three Beards is so popular with my students that I find it hidden behind other books. Yes, my students try to hoard the books! (Maybe I should write a blog about this nutty habit?)

The second title in this series, Little Red Quacking Hood is also sure to please. It's insanely wacky: Little Red Quacking Hood is the pie-stealing villain and Scaredy-pants Wolf is the victim baker. Princess Pink returns to the
Kate
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To say this series is thoroughly enjoyable is an understatement- and the second book is even better than the first :)

In this one Princess Pink goes back through the refrigerator to Fake Believe. This time, she finds herself thrown into a weird version of the Little Red Riding Hood Tale, where Red is the villain and the wolf is the hero.

I thought this book was an improvement over the first because, while the basic structure of the fairy tale is familiar, there are far far more twists and turns-
Jill
This is a cute new series. Fractured (and crazy!) fairy tales in graphic novel format. Intended for a 2nd grade reading level, I think these will find a lot of fans (my 4th grade daughter loved them even though she breezed through them and they were super easy for her.) Would be good paired with the original fairy tale, especially since one of the questions asked at the end is what are the differences and similarities between the book and it's original. An additional 4 discussion questions make ...more
L
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
With so many pivotal illustrations not included in the ARC, it was impossible to truly evaluate this book. I enjoyed the story but the missing illustrations are a significant part of the reader's experience. Though the story has familiar characters and dialogue from the original fairy tale, Jones certainly put his own creative spin on it. I enjoyed his character role reversals. The color coded dialogue bubbles will be very useful for young readers. This ARC did not include post reading ...more
Christine Rains
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Princess Pink travels through her fridge to the kooky Land of Fake Believe. There she meets a not so fearsome canine, Scaredy-Pants Wolf. Little Red Quacking Hood is stealing pies from his bakery, and Princess along with her friend MoldyLocks want to help the wolf. But the duck is more clever than they think!

Another hilarious fairy tale retelling in this series. My six and a half year old son loves these books. He thinks Princess is cool and laughs out loud often as we read together. This one
Tonia Sandersfeld
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Little Red Quacking Hood is stealing from Scardy-Pants Wolf! When Princess Pink finally hears that her fridge portal to the Land of Fake-Believe is back, she jumps in to help. Will they find out why Red is stealing? Can they convince her to stop? You'll find out all of this, plus Mother Moose helps Princess Pink so she's able to return to the Land of Fake-Believe whenever she wants with a special gift!
Shazzer
The laughs keep coming with this second installment of the fractured fairy tales series "Princess Pink and the Land of Fake-Believe". This time, Noah Jones takes on the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" (and a touch of "Hansel and Gretel") and turns it completely on its head, with hilarious results. I can understand how some adults would look at this series and shake their heads, but kids are loving the first book at my library, and I don't see why they wouldn't enjoy this second outing.
Rachel
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Age: Grades 2-3.
Themes: fractured fairy tales, baking, offbeat humor, adventure.

My least favorite Branches book so far, but I can see this being popular with certain kids. The bug stuff at the beginning was weirdly aggressive and negatively stereotyping.
Krista
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: chapter-books, 2014
2nd book in the series.

A fractured fairy tale in chapter book format. In this version the wolf is not big and bad but rather a scaredy pants. Students will find the characters to be funny and enjoyable. The illustrations help make the reading humorous.

ARC provided by NetGalley.
orangerful
Not quite as adorkable as the first one, but still a fun read and perfect for a new-to-chapter books reader. I do love Princess Pink and her aversion to all things pink LOL. I hope to see a few kids dressed as Moldylocks when Halloween rolls around in a few weeks.
Carol
Another mixed-up fairy tale re-do that Princess Pink gets involved in. She and Moldylocks help Scaredy-Cat Wolf solve the mystery of why Little Red Quacking Hood keeps stealing his pies. Fun and silly for the younger crowd. Colorful pictures liven it up even more.
Jnase1
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Another fun beginning chapter book (A Branches book from Scholastic) that could also pass for a graphic novel. The strange adventures continues in this second adventure to the Land of Fake Believe. Boys will love the humor and girls will love Princess Pink.
Regina
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1st-grade
Little Red Quacking Hood was stealing from scardy pants wolf because they wanted the pies for the hair salon. But when they tried to stop them the wolf cried and it made the hair sparkle. So that was the secret ingredient. So they didn't steal pies and he swallowed their oven.
Emily
Jun 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Silly book that is fun to read one time.
Tara
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the original so much better than this one.
Andréa
Note: I received a digital galley through NetGalley.
Brooke Beeson-king
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute hybrid between a chapter book and graphic novel. Perfect for my daughter.

• Class Pets (Missy's Super Duper Royal Deluxe, #2)
  • Eva Sees a Ghost (Owl Diaries, #2)
  • It Came in the Mail
  • All Paws on Deck (Haggis and Tank Unleashed #1)
  • The Wildwood Bakery (Owl Diaries, #7)
  • I'm NOT just a Scribble...
  • Picture Day (Missy's Super Duper Royal Deluxe, #1)
  • I am Invited to a Party! (Elephant & Piggie, #3)
  • Secret of the Water Dragon (Dragon Masters #3)
  • Listen to My Trumpet! (Elephant & Piggie, #17)
  • The Not-So Itty-Bitty Spiders (Olive & Beatrix #1)
  • Spot & Dot
  • Eva and the Lost Pony: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #8)
  • Digging for Dinos (Haggis and Tank Unleashed #2)
  • Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)
  • I'm a Frog! (Elephant and Piggie, #20)
  • The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue (The Vanderbeekers #3)
  • Bad Kitty Gets a Bath
Noah Z. Jones is an author/illustrator/animator who draws all sort of wacky oddities out of his home in Camden, Maine. After taking part in a monster-drawing contest in the fifth-grade (placing fourth out of five) he realized that he wanted to create art for a living.

As a kid, Noah Z. Jones' love for drawing was fueled by dinosaurs, monster movies, and the WACKY PACKAGES line of trading cards. He

Princess Pink and the Land of Fake-Believe (4 books)
  • Moldylocks and the Three Beards (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe, #1)
  • The Three Little Pugs (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake-Believe, #3)
  • Jack and the Snackstalk (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake-Believe, #4)