Start by marking “The Little World of Liz Climo” as Want to Read:
The Little World of Liz Climo

The Little World of Liz Climo

(The Little World of Liz Climo)

Welcome to Liz Climo's world!

Artist Liz Climo has created a charmingly quirky animal kingdom, a place where grizzly bears, porcupines, rabbits, and anteaters all grapple with everyday life with wit and humor. Through her comics, we make unexpected yet wise discoveries: how armadillos make fast-and-easy Halloween costumes, how dinosaurs deal with their inquisitive children
Published September 30th 2014 by Running Press Adult (first published May 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Little World of Liz Climo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little World of Liz Climo

Start your review of The Little World of Liz Climo
karen
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

more adorables from liz climo!

after discovering and loving Lobster Is the Best Medicine: A Collection of Comics About Friendship recently, i knew i needed to get my hands on more of her stuff. i'm not someone who is good at internetting, so while the rest of you have been long enjoying her work on the facebook and the tumblr, i'm late to the game here and it's ALL NEW to me!

you computer folks have probably already seen most of these (and many more) cartoons on her various sites, but this old-f
Barbie
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4.5

Awww, it was adorable. This is a heartwarming, one sitting book, and really easy to get through.
The cartoons are so cute. Not every joke made me smile, but it's still a great comic.
I recommend to anyone, who wants some sweet minutes in your life.

My favorite part:
Susana
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Warning:

The following images contain extreme doses of cuteness, wit and wisdom.

If you're on a strict regime of daily laughs, we warn you that it will most likely be destroyed. ;)

Contains:

Adorable animals;

Friendship;

Strong family bonds;

200% of your recommended daily dose of laughs.

Use with caution. It may cause laughter dependence.
;)

Zainab
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so cute!
Ylenia
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Can we just...
description

This is me holding my copy:
End paper on point:
description
Let's start with sloths and koalas because they're my faves...
description
I also started to like snakes more after these books.
THE CUTENESS. I CAN'T.
Finally someone said it:
description

I liked Lobster Is the Best Medicine: A Collection of Comics About Friendship more than this one but it doesn't mean I didn't have fun while reading. I just feel like this is my type of humor.
Also, this wasn't included in the book but I was stalking her tumblr and...
Dave Schaafsma
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn-women, comics
Cute is the dominant word in most of the reviews of this book and it is the first word that came to my mind when I was reading it. But that might be too dismissive of it. Maybe it is that I have been reading a lot of bleak work lately (John Porcellino's The Hospital Suite, about his struggles with mental and physical health, R. Crumb, Harvey Pekar, …) but this book was a breath of fresh air and just delightful. I am not dismissing the importance of bleakness in literature; it serves an important ...more
Deborah Markus
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So flippin' adorable I just can't even. The art alone would be worth buying the book for, but the writing is wonderful, too.

We get lessons on friendship:

Otter, to shark: Let's go collect seashells!

Shark: Okay, but if we run into any of my friends, pretend like I was just about to eat you.

Otter: Yeah, no problem.

Glimpses of what parenthood is like:

Baby dinosaur: Want me to tell you a ghost story? So, um, there's this ghost, and his name is Steve. No, wait, it's Mr. Vampire. And he was gonna go to
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"mom? hey, mom- mom, mom? mom..."

Mom: "For crying out loud! WHAT?!"

"nothing. I just really like you a lot."

This collection is just so freaking cute. I just cannot handle it anymore!!!!

I am so going to get any book you bring out, Liz Clizmo! You have got my reading soul with you.

This collection focuses on friendship and family and daily life.

Damn. I love this book so much. I needed this. I knew I needed this book.

I love animals too, Liz. Forget all the responsibilities for today. Let's learn s
Isa Lavinia
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it

I had seen the work of Liz Climo on tumblr - sadly with no attribution, which makes me so mad, artists deserve recognition for their works!

So I was familiar with her work, and I loved every single comic I'd seen of hers: her comics are so sweet, and cute, and funny!
This book was no exception, it was SUPER CUTE, and just absolutely delightful!
There were some comics I had seen before, but there were also quite a few surprises in there, this was one of my favourites:

I know she has published mo
Kajwan Abehesht
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I guess Liz Climo is among many other cartoonists, not many of them known well or even well received or worse created works to be deserved to be well received, changing our perspective on cartoons and comics gradually with this Instagram-ish quality in their works, being available to be shown in a square and read on a cell phone screen easily.
As far as I am concerned it is not a threat, cause our way of representation has been changing ever since the first art work, but the simplicity the style
Charlotte Jones
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a cute little humorous book that I picked up on Scribd. This is a collection of funny and uplifting cartoons drawn by Liz Climo and it is the perfect pick-me-up read. I would love to own a physical copy to flick through when I need cheering up. Climo's animal characters are adorable and the only fault I can give this is that it is a little short and some of the cartoons weren't as funny as others but I still enjoyed this and would recommend it. ...more
Pooja
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-manga
Coming across Loz Climo's work, thanks to the almighty internet, I found them adorable and captivating. ...more
Liz
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Simple, amusing and fun, the comics in this book are a great way to give youself a little burst of happiness/laughter.
(Mellifluous Grant)
This book was adorable in the cutest most honest ways!
Kelly Long
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute, funny, and uplifting.
Preeti
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Liz Climo (who is also a character artist/storyboard revisionist on The Simpsons) has written the perfect comic series for the Internet age: short, clever, and full of animals.

Here are just a few of my favorites to give you a taste but you really should check out her work.

Hannah
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'd seen these comics pop up here and there, but it's a lot easier to read the collection in a book than random clicking around the internet.

They're organized by topic too (e.g. "Holidays"), so that makes it easier to find particularly fitting comics for special occasions. This gets passed around my family every Christmas: Anteater Santa wants ants, not milk and cookies.
Paula
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love Love this book! I especially liked the cartoon on page 157, which references my favorite Children's book, "Charlotte's Web." I laughed out loud (at work), and totally embarrassed myself. Some of the cartoons in this book are suitable for children, but not that one.
It's going to live in my office so I can pick it up at random for a quick shot of humor.
Kendra
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay either I'm the snake or the baby dinosaur.

Rachel
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVE! Everyone will enjoy this book. The illustrations are anthropomorphic perfection. The writing is simple, witty, and sometimes poignant. I laughed so hard. There is not one dud in the bunch. Great as a gift, a coffee table book, or to read aloud with your kids.
Rizal
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reread 12/12/2018: STILL FUNNY AF

This is another comic that I stumbled on 9Gag.

It was a very quick read and quick laugh for me!
The art for this comic is so simple but adorable and funny!

It was a fun FUN read!
Donna
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is exactly what I needed right now. I'm going to do something I've never done before: I'm going to buy a copy of this book, cut out the cartoons, and put one on my office door each day with a "Your smile for the day" (and attribution to the artist). Because I think everyone needs this right now.

Thanks Liz Climo! Count me as a new fan.
Tanja
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These comics have cheered me up for years, but I didn’t know the artist actually had books available as well. I knew some already from Instagram and Facebook but this book is a great staple if you need a quick heart-warming cartoon fix.
Jamie Dacyczyn
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Super cute little comics featuring animals. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but I was smiling the whole time.
Wetdryvac Wetdryvac
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Much fun.
Bryan Ho
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK😻😻😻📚💕 because it is about friendship.
Pak Badrul
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simple and funny. Cute drawings as well.
Chris
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humorous
I totally LOVE every page of this book!
Rehan Abd Jamil
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Too cute🤗

• Cat vs Human
  • Adulthood Is a Myth (Sarah's Scribbles, #1)
  • Slothilda: Living the Sloth Life
  • How to Be a Cat
  • What Color Is Night?
  • How to Die Alone: The Foolproof Guide to Not Helping Yourself
  • Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • Poorly Drawn Lines: Good Ideas and Amazing Stories (Poorly Drawn Lines, #1)
  • All My Friends Are Dead
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • Big Mushy Happy Lump (Sarah's Scribbles, #2)
  • My Dog: The Paradox: A Lovable Discourse about Man's Best Friend

Liz Climo grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and moved to Los Angeles after college to work as a character artist on The Simpsons. She started a comic blog, LizClimo.tumblr.com, where Rory and his dad first appeared in 2012. Liz currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband, Colin, and their daughter, Marlow.

Liz Climo is a character artist for The Simpsons TV series and has worked on The Lebr

The Little World of Liz Climo (3 books)
  • Lobster Is the Best Medicine: A Collection of Comics About Friendship