Start by marking “Wet Moon Volume 3: Further Realms of Fright” as Want to Read:
Wet Moon Volume 3: Further Realms of Fright

Wet Moon Volume 3: Further Realms of Fright

(Wet Moon #3)

Sophie Campbell returns to the southern college town of Wet Moon! Cleo and her friends continue to navigate the sea of relationships that washes through this strange little burg. But the waters are rarely calm and the waves are unending. Can this little clique make it without sinking or will the weight of their secrets and insecurities leave them drowning?
Published April 23rd 2013 by Oni Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Wet Moon Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wet Moon Volume 3

Jen
Aug 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I had a conversation with my husband about this book last night after I finished it. Mostly, we have no idea WHY we like this series. It's about the really, truly mundane activities of a bunch of emo-goth-punk college kids who are trying to figure out relationships (gay, straight and bi), friendships, life in general... It's really teen-angsty and, other than the GORGEOUS artwork, I have absolutely no idea why I like it. But I do. In this, the 3rd volume of Wet Moon, we learn a bit more about Ma ...more
Liz
Feb 27, 2008 rated it liked it
hate to say it, but this book is no where as enjoyable as the first or even the second book. the art has developed from it's simple black/gray/white core to something more experimental. the boobs are bigger and the characters eyes have become so large and doe-y that i am now reading around them. hopefully book 4 will not progress similarly.
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Still a fantastic study in the development of a creator. Also a super slowburn story that is oddly hooking for me. Some artistic changes didn't gel with me, but overall, really interesting work. Definitely continuing.
Kit Feral
Still don't like 'em. But still reading 'em. I don't understand it.
Kuro
Apr 21, 2010 rated it liked it
So i Kind of hate the unexplained change of art.

Cleo's eye's are for some reason three times larger . and it kind of throws her off the page since she is the only one who seemed to have a change in design.

i think is crap.

but the story progresses rather well.
Reija
RATING: 1,5 stars

Once again the art changed drastically and I could barely stay on top of which character was which because of the changed up character designs.
I can understand subtle changes that happen over time as the artist gains more skill, but this is ridiculous. There's no consistency with the art and you could argue it's drawn by completely different people in each volume.

The story is still going nowhere. There's the same sinister feel with no actual pay off as with the previous volumes,
Kit Corcoran
Finally the story is starting to go somewhere, but it has been an extremely slow build up with a lot of teenage angst and melodrama to wade through.
The main character Cleo's eyes were drawn much larger than any other person, and it was a huge jarring change from the first two books. I personally don't like the style change because it makes her look like a bug or an alien, and she is suddenly seperated from the rest of the characters in an unsettling way.
Why are all these kids so obnoxious?
Bridget
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
I'm not crazy about the change in drawing style for Cleo but I like the refined lines of Trilby more here.
Dane Divine
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ha ha this is so what is is like to be young. It makes me so glad I'm past all that nonsense.
Audreyy
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the ending of this book. Totally didn't expect that.
The_Mad_Swede
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, library, 2019
Continuing the narrative from the first two volumes, Feeble Wanderings and Unseen Feet , this book builds on the existing character drama of Cleo Lovedrop and her circle of friends and acquaintances in the Southern town of Wet Moon. And while it is this drama that is front and centre, some of the plot elements that have been planted along the way are now also starting to bear fruit, with this volume ending on a big reveal to be sure.

Obviously, you want to start on volume one or you would be l
Laura Morrigan
Really enjoying this? Crazy curious about all the mysteries!
Mark
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: goths, punks, nerds, outcasts, people who like girls
Before I read this book, I was incredibly disappointed about the artist's decision to drastically change the appearance of Cleo. However, after reading his explanation on his deviant art account, I was reassured and respected his decision. (mooncalfe at deviant art, if you're interested)
After reading the book, I found that I enjoyed it even more than the other books in the series. My reaction to the change in Cleo's appearance was actually positive. I sort of miss her smaller, expressive eyes, b
Macha
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
i think i've probably mentioned this series before; i know i've done lengthy appreciations elsewhere on Books 1 & 2. morgan made me sit down and read Book 1 once, sternly, that's what did it. it's beautifully drawn and very nicely written, about a goth girl who's awkward and shy, in a community college, and the series is (i think) about her coming of age, like a butterfly very gradually emerging from a cocoon. the series doesn't seem very ambitious at first glance, until you realize that the ...more
Mel
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
First read in 2011, reading again for the 3rd time now!

The art style had changed a little for volume 3, which took me a little while to get used to. It wasn't quite as realistic which I found a bit disappointing but there were still moments of absolute brilliance (including the perfectly captured goth couple dancing).

The story seemed to go a bit quicker in this issue, but there were still lovely long scenes of people sitting around talking. Trilby got a borg tattoo that she was trying to pass o
Johanna
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing instalment and things are getting very, very interesting. Cleo’s new girlfriend has a very dark, homicidal side and has begun to express extreme jealously towards anyone that she perceives stands in the way between herself and Cleo. Mara seems to be starting to get her act together, and Alderley is the object of affection for two very different ladies. Trilby is fast becoming my favourite character as she reveals her super nerdy side, and gets a Borg tattoo.

Once again the artwor
Angela
Dec 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was a massive volume (physically as well as content). This is the volume tnat really made me fall in love with Mara. In the first book, I really disliked her. I also disliked Trilby too. Both of these characters became quite charming in this volume. I love Trilby's new tattoo (Cleo's not so much...).

It's is in this volume that we really see the old 'evil' Cleo! It's kinda refreshing to know that she wasn't always so nice (sometimes she comes off as having no backbone in the first book or t
Stewart Tame
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This really is sort of a goth version of Love and Rockets in some ways. We have a fairly large, mainly female cast and the stories focus on their relationships with others and each other. There are hints of darker things, but them remain just hints. Ross Campbell draws wonderfully hot goth women, but, unlike some comic book artists, he doesn't draw just one body type. His women look and feel real. This is good stuff!
Stacy
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
By this point, I was completely hooked on the series. It's definitely a kind of slice-of-life storytelling approach, driven by character rather than plot events, and thus not for everyone, but extremely rewarding if you stick with it!
P.
Mar 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Maybe the new eyes are part of a new, faster drawing technique, but I preferred the old ones. Other things that I like about this series I still really like. The inclusion of livejournal endeared it to me even more.
Kate
Comixology Unlimited. I read Wet Moon back in high school so there were parts of this I remembered and parts I didn't. Definitely different to read it now, like 15 years later! Since I'm not the same age as the characters, it was like reading a whole different story.
James
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
By this point in the series, there's a real sense that the story is going somewhere. It's not so much that the pace picks up, but a very subtle change in atmosphere. By now you're either on board with the series or not. I was certainly in love with it. Excellent work.
Billie
Feb 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I didn't like the changes he made in the looks of the characters in this one, especially in the main character. The art was one of the things that attracted me to these, so I'm a little disappointed. I'll keep reading for the compelling alternative-yet-mundane storyline, though.
Mark Ballinger
Nov 03, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
This volume gives hints at what's coming, but overall I only found it so-so. Trilby is really coming on as a stronger character, which is nice. I still find Mara and Audrey strangely uncompelling.

Steve
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
The best volume yet. Funny how I started out hating the series and now am really liking it and can't wait to read the next book. The only thing i didn't like about this one is how Campbell changed Cleo's look so she has such big eyes now.
Regina
Jan 21, 2009 rated it liked it
The art style is changing, I really don't like the enlarged anime-style eyes he's started doing but the storyline has started picking up. I like seeing characters start to flesh out and I love Trilby.
Krista (MoonDustBookLust)
I will review this series at its conclusion.
Hannah Moore
What happened to Cleo's eyes? That was a non subtle jump to anime proportions.
Sam Kroll
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The sudden stylistic change on Cleo was a bit shocking from book 2 to 3, but it's still the story i fell in love in with in the first two books, so i'm not too perturbed about it.
Thea Steele
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
same deal. i feel like it's fundamentally pretty sexist and insulting. at the same time, look, i've read three of them.

• The Abandoned, Volume 1
  • Shadoweyes, Volume One (Shadoweyes, #1)
  • The Once and Future Destroyer (Glory, #1)
  • American Virgin, Volume 1: Head
  • Beast
  • Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 6
  • Dame Darcy's Meatcake Compilation
  • Perla la Loca (Locas, #3)
  • Kabuki, Vol. 7: The Alchemy
  • Sky Doll
  • Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2
  • New, Improved! Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #3)
  • There Are No Stars in Brooklyn (Octopus Pie)
  • Yes, Roya