Start by marking “One to Protect (One to Hold, #3)” as Want to Read:
One to Protect (One to Hold, #3)

One to Protect (One to Hold #3)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,464 Ratings  ·  176 Reviews
When Sloan Reynolds beats criminal charges, Melissa Jones stops believing her wealthy, connected ex-husband will ever pay for what he did to her. Derek Alexander can't accept that--a tiny silver scar won't let him forget, and as a leader in the security business, he is determined to get the man who hurt his fiancée.

Then the body of a former call girl turns up dead. She's
Published April 21st 2014 by TLM Productions (first published April 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about One to Protect, please sign up.

Carolina One to Protect will make more sense to you if you read One to Hold first. The protagonists meet in that book. Also, you will have more background…moreOne to Protect will make more sense to you if you read One to Hold first. The protagonists meet in that book. Also, you will have more background information of certain situations that will probably happen in One to Protect.(less)
Blyss by J.C. CliffBlyssful Lies by J.C. CliffBlyssfully Undone by J.C. CliffWished for You by K.D. RobichauxUndo Me by M.  Robinson
Most Anticipated Indie Author Release
99th out of 354 books — 951 voters
Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanBreakable by Tammara WebberTwisted by Emma ChaseBe with Me by J. Lynn
2014 Romantic Releases (Jan-May)
299th out of 706 books — 2,663 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa
Apr 21, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review

Check out my review at Sinfully Sexy and enter the giveaway

4 Stars

“I’m the guard, baby. Protection is what I do best.”

description

One To Protect by Tia Louise is book three in her One To Hold series. This is the continuation of Derek and Melissa’s story, the hero and heroine we meet in book one. While the first book in this series does end in a happily-ever-after, I was ecstatic to discover that this author would be providing us with another book about this couple. It was a real treat to simply ge
Shurrn
Holy Hell!
This was awesome!
This man is like water in the desert to me, and it isn't hard to see the feeling is mutual.
Let me start off by saying that this book should be read after One to Hold which is the first book in the series and sets up the story of Derek, Melissa, and their conflict with Sloan Reynolds.

Here's the good news: As of the date of this post, One to Hold is FREE on Amazon, so you can catch up on these awesome characters without spending a penny!

This book also layers in the c
Debra

4 Stars!

One to Protect is the third part of the One to Hold-series by Tia Louise and a continuation of Derek and Melissa's story. It had everything I've come to expect from this author; romance, suspense, humor, a bit of action and lots of sexy times! Once I started reading it, I could not put it down and I ended up finishing it in only a couple of hours. If you've liked the previous books in this series, this one's an absolute must read!

The story picks up a few months are the end of the first
Pam
May 06, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
4 stars
“It’s pure…and real…and gorgeous…and fucking hot.”

If you were a born protector what would you do if the one you love, the reason you live, is in trouble??? You would do whatever it takes to keep her safe, right!?! Well Derek finds himself trapped in a situation where playing by the rules of law failed him and now he has to find a way to keep Melissa safe. He can’t imagine loosing another loved one, especially since this time he has the power to save her.
She’s home and comfort and wa
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Perfect Protection Stars!

I am an automatic one click for Ms. Tia Louise! While I enjoyed Melissa and Derek in One to Hold, I was just wanting a bit more from them...well, thank you Tia for giving me what I thought was amiss in their first book!

This book picks up with Mel and Derek together, very much in love and looking forward to a future as a family! It picks up with the same amazing heat and scorching scenes within the first few pages...

nothing better than reading a scene where no words n
Tia Louise
Sep 23, 2014 Tia Louise rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK!!!
In ONE TO PROTECT, and Derek faces his biggest challenge yet. Read the First Teaser Excerpt here: http://on.fb.me/1ixtNZm

I'm SO excited to dive back into Derek & Melissa's story. Those guys are so smokin hot, and Derek is (*shivers*) determined to get Sloan.

Patrick will play a role in the story--some of his "baggage" actually proves very useful in setting a trap.

I'm writing this in dual POV (Derek & Melissa), but I might experiment with having an epilogue in
Jonetta
This series has a continuing story arc

Melissa and Derek's relationship continues to develop in this story, with her psychotic ex-husband always in the background. Because they're still living separately, he in Princeton, New Jersey, she in Raleigh, North Carolina, Derek is worried that he can't adequately protect her from what he feels is certain retribution from Sloan so he enlists his partner Patrick's help who's already relocated to be near Elaine.

I enjoyed this story as the focus was more on
Claire Robinson
Apr 24, 2014 Claire Robinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - Derek Alexander Stars!

ITS LIVE!

One To Keep is a book I have been waiting for, for quite some time. Tia Louise is an author that surprises me in a pleasant way with each book that she releases in this highly enjoyable, and completely addictive series.

You are never quite sure what to expect with regards to the direction that one of her storylines is going to take and this book is no exception. Derek and Melissa are settling into life as a couple (view spoiler)
Jamie

Great follow up story for Derek and Melissa !!

I really enjoyed this 3rd installment to the series… .getting back to my favorite couple Melissa and Derek. I’ll admit that I felt a disconnect with Elaine and Patrick in the 2nd installment but getting back to Mel and Derek in this one was awesome. You should read book 1 in this series before reading this installment.. since Derek and Mel’s story starts off in book 1 and you really need to see how they came to be together to understand what they a
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 17, 2015 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tia Louise fans, Romance
3.5 More of Characters We Dig Stars * * * 1/2

As a newbie to Tia Louise, I was so thrilled to find another book with the characters I met in her first one, One to Hold.
We get more of the couple... who are so taken with each other... they really cannot keep there hands off... any part of their bodies... It could get too much... yet with all the back story and history... it is kinda cute and ok...

She is pregnant, he is thrilled and they have one huge obstacl
 Anna (Wicked Book Blog)
Derek and Melissa once again surprise us with the level of intensity.
The need to protect the ones you love and care about more than life itself is the driving force to commit yourself to the life of continual fear and insecurity or to take matters into you own hands, even if it makes you the villain to the outside world.
Atypical solutions, team work, trust and life changing occurrences.
This story just asks for a chance to be revealed and reviewed.
Amanda
Mar 15, 2015 Amanda added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF rant

When I finished One to Hold, I'm not sold by the story. The reason I decided to read this is because I'm curious about this couple and I wonder if I will like the sequel more if I got to know the characters better. Unfortunately, I have to say I still don't see much character development here. Apart from the numerous exchange of 'I love you' and 'I love you more', I don't see them communicating outside of sex or do any of the whole getting to know each other dance. The way they were only
Jennifer Noe (The Book Blog)
May 02, 2014 Jennifer Noe (The Book Blog) rated it it was amazing
I’m having a hard time trying to decide which book in this series is my favorite. I am strongly leaning towards this one. And although I have loved them all, something about One to Protect, just did it for me.

We already know that Derek loves Melissa. In this story, we learn how fierce and protective that love is. I loved the level of suspense that was added as well. Derek will do anything to keep Melissa from harm and proves it. It’s not just him and Mel anymore.

Derek and Mel are still travelin
Aleatha Romig
ONE TO PROTECT.. I love this series. Tia Louise has created wonderful memorable characters. I have to admit I'm in love with Derek. He's so fierce and so loving at the same time. He and Melissa are perfect together.
The sex scenes are hot but not redundant! They're love (and energy level) jumps off the pages!
I also like how we get to see more of the friendships and trust between other characters. I really liked Toni in this story. I hope Tia gives us more insight into her in the future. In the m
MELISSA
Mar 16, 2015 MELISSA marked it as to-read
Liv
Nov 18, 2014 Liv rated it really liked it
There is something so sweet and HOT about a very strong, disciplined man like Derek who falls in love…like madly-helplessly-effortlessly in love with a great woman like Melissa. And the listening experience from this audiobook was effortless. This is a continuation in the romance between Derek and Melissa, as well as their best friends, Patrick and Elaine. Consider yourself getting a 2 for 1 deal with the parallel romances.

Let me say that I LOVE Derek and Melissa together. They make a beautiful
Holly
Oh my beautiful Derek & Mel, how I have missed you and your delicious passion!!! Enjoying them now! Thank you Tia xo

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!! The End! Nooooo, just kidding!

Ok, so those of you who have read my reviews of Tia's yummy OTH series know how crazy in love I am with Derek & Melissa!! They stayed with me for days after reading their story and I wanted more, more, more!! Thankfully, Tia being the goddess that she is must have heard my whining and gave me more!! See how I'm taking a
Karrie Mellott Puskas
Apr 04, 2014 Karrie Mellott Puskas rated it it was amazing
Derek is hot! Patrick is equally hot! Put these 2 hot men together and what do you get?!? Panty Dropping holy mother of god hotness! The gang is back and I couldn't be happier! This time around Derek needs to protect his beloved Melissa from her psycho ex Sloan! Derek will make sure that Sloan will never come around Melissa again! Then Patrick! Yummy Patrick! He's just hot! He and Elaine are dynamic together and love how they want to help Derek to protect Melissa as well! The friendship these 4 ...more
Munkmeat
May 12, 2014 Munkmeat rated it it was amazing
Tia gives us a little treat before she tells Kenny’s story. One To Protect is Derek and Melissa dealing with the aftermath of her screwed up marriage to Sloan and trying to create a safe future together for their family. Derek and Melissa don’t really reveal anything new about themselves, but how far they will go to protect one another is a bit of a shocker.

We always see the softer side of Derek when he’s with Melissa. Everywhere else he’s closed off and sort off judgmental. He’s lived life by a
Kelley
May 09, 2014 Kelley rated it it was amazing
This book was smoking hot with lots of sexy scenes. You may want to take your kindle into the bedroom for this one.

I highly recommend that you pick up One To Hold before reading One to Protect. I have read all the books in this series and have loved them immensely. One to Protect picks up after One to Keep. Melissa and Derek are living the happily ever after with a baby on the way when a dead call girl shows up that looks identical to Melissa. Derek knows that Sloan is involved in her death and
Books&Dreams
May 07, 2014 Books&Dreams rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

This is the first book that I have read from Tia even though this is book #3 in the One to Hold series, it can be read as a stand alone.

I think that book one was about Derek and Melissa too, BUT as I said this book was read and loved as a stand alone.

Derek and Melissa have been through a lot together, her ex did some cruel and unthinkable things to her, things that he got away with. He is now walking around free, Derek doesn't like this and he will stop at nothing to see that this man pays for
Jassie
Apr 27, 2014 Jassie rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: “One to Protect” was the continuation of “One to Hold” while it also happened before the end of “One to Keep”. Just a note, “One to Hold” and “One to Keep” were standalones though a reader must read “One to Hold” to be able to understand “One to Protect”.
Also, this novel is adult-themed. Mature readers only.

First and foremost, Tia Louise had done it again. She had written another beautifully-crafted novel. It was still as heartfelt like the previous ones she had written. I praise for
Rebecca
Apr 20, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
One to Hold told the story of how Derek and Melissa found each other despite all of the obstacles that were in their way – both self created and otherwise. One to Protect continues the path to their happily ever after; a baby, a marriage, and the life Derek and Melissa have always wanted are in their grasp, but one person stands in their way – Sloan, Melissa’s ex-husband. No matter how hard Derek has fought to put Sloan away and end Melissa’s nightmare once and for all, the job can never get don ...more
Tracey Murphy
Apr 27, 2014 Tracey Murphy rated it it was amazing
I’ve always had it pretty bad for Derek Alexander, one of the sexiest alpha males to ever take up occupancy in my kindle. The ex-marine turned private investigator was cold and all business – until he met Melissa. He was assigned to only watch her, but ended up falling hard for the spunky yet broken woman who returned his affections. The chemistry between the both of them was immediate and beyond intense (I still sort of blush when I see a family restroom). Derek was always a man of few words bu ...more
Blondies Little Book Life
Jul 31, 2014 Blondies Little Book Life rated it it was amazing
I was extremely happy to receive an eARC from the Author Tia Louise in exchange for an honest review and I am glad I did. I absolutely loved the first two books in this series, so I couldn't wait to dive into this book. Again the Author had me hooked from the first page. I just couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I totally love Derek's and Melissa's relationship throughout these books. They seriously will forever hold a place in my heart for one of my all time favorite book coupl ...more
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
I can't believe we're up to book three in the One to Hold series already.

Life is continuing for the foursome of Patrick and Elaine and Melissa and Derek but there is still one shadow in Melissa's past that needs to be stopped.

In this instalment, Derek and Melissa are trying to find a way to be rid of Sloan, Melissa's ex, once and for all. Sloan is sneaky though and plays mind games with the pair and it is up to Derek and Patrick, who form an unlikely partnership with the woman who once set Patri
Erica
Apr 20, 2014 Erica rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 jaw dropping stars

So now that I have managed to pick my jaw up off the ground. I can tell you what I thought about One to Protect. Well I freaking LOVED it. Nuff said!

This is book 3 in the One to Hold series Yes each one can be read as a standalone and all have their own HEA. But, you still have to read One to Hold and One to Keep. This continues with Derek and Melissa’s story from One to Hold But we get a little bit of the characters from One to Keep. So it definitely gives you grea
hugsandcookies
May 01, 2014 hugsandcookies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Derek and Patrick are back and with a vengeance. Or I think it's Derek actually.

I like that the story is not dragged out too long. It kinds of just stays in that moment and moves on. Plus it's actually good to read POV's from each characters.

Derek is swoon-worthy. He's all mysterious and sexy in that way. I love his chemistry with Melissa. I also like Patrick and Elaine.

I felt like there might be a cliffhanger or not. But it's like the story is not over yet.
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
One to Protect by Tia Louise (One to Keep book 3)

I was given this ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
 photo a-gif-cute-fashion-girl-love-Favimcom-367367.gif
What happens when you have one horny pregnant lady and a drop dead gorgeous
private investigator?
 photo Violet20Crawley20Dowager20Countess20of20Grantham20gif20Downton20Abbey20.gif

photo tumblr_mapyy4dxz31rv82coo1_500_large.gif
What happens when her best friend is dating another steamy private detective?
 photo 881922.gif

Answer:
 photo 8330962.gif

I'm eagerly awaiting One to Love.

Thanks Ms. Tia for making family restrooms great!!!
My Book Addiction and More MBA
One to Protect by Tia Louise is the thrilling conclusion to her series One to Hold. Both the series and the book only get better the longer they go on. In this book the issues surrounding Elaine, Patrick, Melissa, and Derek are fully explored, boundaries are pushed, justice is delivered, and life continues in all its difficult glory.

Derek comes out of his characterization shell in One to Protect. His backstory, his character arc are impressive. Just when you think you know him, something else co
  • Taz (G-Man, #4)
  • Tattoo (Take It Off, #7)
  • Seven Days
  • The Song Remains the Same (NOLA's Own, #3)
  • Deciding Tomorrow (These Days, #3)
  • Taming Alex (West Series, #2)
  • Unexpected Protector (Isthmus Alliance, #2)
  • Shattered Witness
  • Clean Lines (Cedar Tree #4)
  • Diamonds Are Truly Forever (Agent Ex, #2)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • Resolutions
  • Naked Risk (Shatterproof #3)
  • Framed
  • Hard to Hold (Hard to... #1)
  • The Plume: The Second Anthology
  • SEX Unlimited: Volume 3 (Unlimited, #3)
  • After the Rain (Rain Trilogy, #3)
Tia Louise is a former journalist, world-traveler, and collector of beautiful men (who inspire ALL of her stories... *wink*)---turned wife, mommy, and novelist.

It's possible she has a slight truffle addiction. And she will never look at a family restroom the same way again.

ONE TO HOLD (Derek + Melissa) kicks off the series by introducing the "lead" couple and all their friends, who appear in later
More about Tia Louise...

One to Hold (9 books)
  • One to Hold (One to Hold, #1)
  • One to Keep (One to Hold, #2)
  • One to Love (One to Hold, #4)
  • One to Leave (One to Hold, #5)
  • One to Save (One to Hold, #6)
  • One to Chase (One to Hold, #7)
  • One to Take (One to Hold, #8)
  • One Immortal

“Haven’t you been doing it over the phone?” “Mmm...” Another crunch. “That’s actually more frustrating. He tells me all this dirty stuff he wants to do to me, and he’s a million miles away! It’s awful!” “You’re supposed to finish while you’re on the phone, dum-dum.” “I’m still all achy and needing him.” I hear her sit up fast. “Do you have a dildo?” Laughter bursts out of me then. “I have Derek.” “Not all week! What are you hiding? I bet you have a stash.” 3 likes
“We don’t disturb the moment, though. The truth might be that both of us are strong as iron, tough as flint, but holding each other, we know how precious it is that we’re here, together. The randomness of chance keeps us both in awe, and for that, we treasure these moments.” 0 likes