Start by marking “Nobody (Men of the White Sandy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Nobody (Men of the White Sandy, #3)

Nobody

(Men of the White Sandy #3)

Nobody Bodine came from a nobody and will always be a nobody. He can disappear into the shadows—no one can see him if he doesn’t want them to. He exists on the edge, in neither the white man’s world nor the tribe’s, dispensing vigilante justice when he sees fit. There’s no other place for a man like him in this world.

Until Melinda Mitchell shows up on the rez. From the fir
Published May 1st 2014 by Sarah M. Anderson (first published March 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Nobody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody

Duchess Nicole
I just...I have to...just look at that cover! Here's a closer look:

Nobody Bodine...shivers!! He's a BETA hero, folks...not my normal favorite. He's also very insecure, very much a loner, and is one of the most tortured heroes you'll come across. Literally tortured as a child, he's been a complete recluse his entire life. His name is Nobody, and it fits. He has no friends, trusts no one, cares for no one. Except for Jamie, a boy who also lives on the Lakota Indian reservation. Jamie is living the
Baba
May 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, na-contemporary
2 stars. DNF @40%.

photo oie_7ja0eA2gvKco1_zpsa08896ce.gif

I really do like to read about a beta hero once in a while but Nobody was a special case. I liked that he was physically scarred but it didn't appeal to me that he depicted himself as an absolute low life with no self-esteem or self-confidence whatsoever.

Just not my cup of tea. Onwards…
Sarah Anderson
Jan 20, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hands down, Nobody is my most tortured hero ever.
Mei
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I loved Nobody in the previous book very much and I'm disappointed by how he was depicted here... I had so many expectations...

The main complaint is that Nobody come out a retarded child.
His inner thoughts, his reasoning, his actions are soooo childish. I didn't want to believe that Nobody will reason in that way!

I was expecting a wounded hero, but I was left hanging. And I felt very bad about it!
Dianne
Do you think NOTHING can break through your armor and put a tight squeeze on your heart? Read Nobody by Sarah M. Anderson. I love a good, tension-filled romance, add a dark and mysterious hero, give me a good and feisty heroine and I’m on board! What I didn’t expect was how deeply I would get involved in Nobody Bodine’s story. Huge, scary, and able to blend into the shadows, Nobody has few friends, lives is a world of loneliness and secrets, he is almost like a ghost, a nobody. What nightmares f ...more
Jennifer Leighton
Loved this book just as much as the first in the series...I was so excited for Nobody's story since meeting him in book 1 and I wasn't disappointed. If you like the strong silent type, the tortured hero, you'll love Nobody.

I also appreciate that the author chose to write this series on an American Indian reservation, as I think that setting is pretty rare.
Kame
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A 4 1/2 star

I am having a hard time to put into words how much I enjoyed this book.

The emotion behind this story will get to anyone heart.

I really didn't want it to end - I want to read more about Nobody and Melinda.

TBQ and I will be doing a review and book discussion at http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspo...
Fiona Marsden
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't really describe how much I love these Native American heroes in the Men of the White Sandy series. I still call them Indians in my head because I grew up with Cowboys and Indians.

Nobody is a secondary character in the previous two books and he was intriguing right from the start. A kind of vigilante, who protects kids in danger but has a dark and mysterious past and spends his life in the shadows.

When Melinda turns up, the wild child sister of the doctor heroine in Mystic Cowboy, she see
Lyn
I hope the author at some point writes a novella continuing Nobody and Melinda's story. The ending left much to be desired. Their story feels incomplete.
Shawnie
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Down 1 star for the idea of manipulating law enforcement at your whim or for the story.
Kathie (katmom)
I was intrigued by this blurb. Although it's not listed as paranormal, there is a certain mystic quality to it. And Nobody can hide...in shadows. I liked him from the start. I haven't read the first two stories in the series, but this book can stand alone. One is quickly caught up in Ms. Anderson's world.

Nobody had a very hard life. A life that includes a lengthy time spent in jail. While a spirit guide spoke to him in Lakota, so he doesn't know what the guide said, he's found himself as a guar
Heather andrews
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Nobody, I really did he was just so cute at times, "I know you're there, you know." She was still admiring her pile of metal. Not looking at him. "You're stealthy, but you're not invisible. Come tell me what you think." Sh**. She was talking to him." I mean he's really adorable when he wakes up disoriented and finds a woman on him, "...Hell, he wasn't even alone. There was a head in his lap. W head with wildfire hair that was spread out over his jeans - over his groin. Melinda. He went h ...more
Saly
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating 3.5 stars
Ni_kii
Review at http://www.scorching-book-reviews.com...

FTC : I bought this book because I love the series.

I’ve been waiting for Nobody’s book. The mysterious man with the bad reputation and grumpy demeanour has been on my want-to-read pile since he first graced the pages of this series and, by God, he was worth the wait.

I knew straight away that I was going to love him. From the moment he saves an abused boy from his alcoholic parents (a thing he had been doing since he had gotten wind of the boys pl
Erin Burns
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received an ARC of this book from the Publisher, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This is the third book in the Men of White Sandy, and while I did read it first and it stands well on its own, if you can get hold of the previous two books, Mystic Cowboy and Masked Cowboy I'd highly suggest it, because it takes a little something away from those two books to read Nobody first, in my opinion.

Now on to the review.

Oh, this story is just lovely, lovely and heart wrenching and heartwa
Jen Davis
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nobody is the kind of tortured hero I love. He is strong and powerful, yet painfully vulnerable. He knows how to cherish and to protect, but he doesn't know how to be loved. He has been through hell and back, and he thinks that survival is the best he can hope for. But we know better.

Even Melinda was intimidated the first time she saw him. All of those muscles; all of those scars; his silence; his stealth. But it took her next to no time see beyond all that. She asks him questions no one has eve
Pam
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

Oh I have waited for Nobody’s story since the first book in this series and I loved it! The troubled hero is all that I imagined and I thoroughly enjoyed his tale.

Nobody Bodine did not exist in the white world or the tribe’s world, he was brought up to believe he was a nobody who had no champions to help. Yet he watches from the shadows, looking out for others in need, especially for a young boy named Jamie.

Melinda Mitchell has come to the White Sandy Reservation to run the day care ce
Cindy ~
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the uniqueness of the characters this author writes. Even though these books are works of fiction there is such a sense of truth throughout them about the plights that the Native Americans have had to go through. The male lead in this book is defiantly one for the books of most tortured. One that has only lived in the dark making sure no one sees him because he is his name – a Nobody. Even typing that makes me cringe because he isn’t a nobody. He is a man that had a horrible childhood tha ...more
Karen
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah was gracious enough to give me a copy of this book for my birfday! I just happen to be a blogger/reviewer as well. :-)

I. LOVED. IT. I haven't had a chance to read the first two books in this series, but now I MUST go back to read the others. I *have* read Sarah's HQ books, so I figured I was prepared, but this book blew me away.

Nobody isn't just tortured, he resonates with pain and the confusion of being misunderstood. In some ways, he's jaded and cynical, and in others it's like he's just
Tamra LeValley
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
NetGalley Free Book

Nobody Bodine is like a shadow in the night. He is able to melt into the dark places and not be seen or felt. That is until Melinda Mitchell shows up on his reservation. She takes over taking care of the daycare which her sister had built next to her clinic. Both sisters are from a rich and very influential family while Nobody Bodine came from nobody and will always be a nobody.

I loved this book. It was so much more than just a story. It was an insight into what abused kids en
Anne in VA
Aug 28, 2016 rated it liked it
There were parts that were great, but the parts that weren't so great were a little boring. I would have probably given this 4 stars if not for the very end where the actions of one of the main characters seemed way, way out of character and was used as a way to add a little twist at the end. I dislike it when authors do that. Side note: as I was reading this, it irked me a bit that the two previous books also had white women as the love interests to the Lakota men. The 4th book seems to have a ...more
Casey
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A copy was provided by the Netgalley for an honest review.

Awe, Nobody is such an enigmatic, beautifully damaged man, I just want to hug Nobody.

I was not sure about the book in the first chapter, by the end of the third chapter there was no way I was not going to finish. I truly enjoyed reading the progression of Nobody and Melinda’s relationship. The unconventional family that they became is incredible touching.

I admit I am reading out of order again, now I have another series to catch up on. T
Jenny Schwartz
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2014
Hot cover! that's not why I bought the book. I think it was Smart Bitches that mentioned the author and I tried this one (probably because it was on sale???)

The romance was hot and dramatic. The underlying issues weren't shyed away from -- which I really appreciated. Life is challenging.

But the characters didn't quite ring true for me. Too different. Larger than life.

I feel bad being a bit harsh. For lots of people, I think the characters work.

Sometimes books just don't connect.
Miriam
I am happy I read this book and I will most likely read more of this author's books. I loved the author's portrayal the hero Nobody (scarred, sexy, brooding, scary but boyish at the same time). I am rating it 3 stars because some parts of the book dragged, when Hero and Heroine were apart. And I would've liked it if the book had an epilogue.
Lynn Brooks
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 STARS!

Heart-wrenching, powerful and a super sweet love story! I knew there was something special about Nobody from encounters with him in the previous books in the series, but getting to know his past and seeing the true person he is inside was really special. I think he might just be my favorite hero in the series so far! The characters were quick to draw me into their story, and I hoped against hope that she was going to be able to convince him to take a chance on her. Loved their specia
Judy M.
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read all the books in this series but this is my favorite. I think the series should have more recognition than it gets. This man is so damaged yet incredibly special. Melonie is perfect for him.
adelina.
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Just plain bad for me. Not my cup of tea.
Shirene
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-finish
Nobody is one of those books that reaches right to your heart and squeezes it. Ever since I was first introduced to Nobody in Mystic Cowboy, book 1 of the Men of the White Sandy series, I have had many questions. Where did Nobody come from? What made him the way he was? Could anyone ever touch his heart enough to force him to come out of the shadows? Fortunately we get all of that and more with Nobody.

To be honest I didn’t expect to get to see as much of the inner workings of Nobody because he h
Helyce
I adored this story. Nobody Bodine has lived in the shadows most of his life. From a horrible childhood to the tragic accident that landed him in jail for several years. Unbelievably, and in spite of his past, Nobody has remained a good man at heart. Though he chooses to stay in the dark and the shadows, he is content. He is the epitome of the term ‘good Samaritan’ and in his own way he takes care of those who for whatever reason, cannot take care of themselves. He tries so hard to stay away fro ...more

• Be My Baby (Konigsburg, #3)
  • Don't Deny Me, Part Two (Don't Deny Me, #2)
  • A Man Like Mac
  • Rough Rider (Hot Cowboy Nights, #2)
  • Easy Little Lick
  • Wicked At Heart (Heroes of the Sea, #5)
  • Seven
  • Intrusion (Under the Skin, #1)
  • The Groom (Altar-ed Destinies, #2)
  • Blaze (Braddock-Black, #1)
  • The Virgin's Revenge (Rancho del Cielo, #4)
  • Texas Redeemed (Night Sky, #1)
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around (Las Vegas Dragons, #2)
  • Sinful Temptation (Temperance Falls: Selling Sin #1)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Shattered (Extreme Risk, #2)
  • Stripped Defenseless
  • Cajun Hot
Award-winning author Sarah M. Anderson may live east of the Mississippi River, but her heart lies out west on the Great Plains. She loves to put people from two different worlds into new situations and to see how their backgrounds and cultures take them someplace they never thought they’d go. Sarah won the 2012 RT Reviewer's Choice Desire of the Year award for A Man of Privilege. The Nanny Plan wa ...more

Men of the White Sandy (5 books)
  • The Medicine Man (Men of the White Sandy, #1)
  • The Rancher (Men of the White Sandy, #2)
  • The Medic (Men of the White Sandy, #4)
  • The Sheriff (Men of the White Sandy, #5)