Start by marking “The Prophecy of Arcadia (Arcadian Wars, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Prophecy of Arcadia (Arcadian Wars, #1)

The Prophecy of Arcadia

(Arcadian Wars #1)

Being a teenager is tough, especially when you have to pretend to be something you’re not, and you’re in love with someone you shouldn’t. 115 years ago, a small planet called Arcadia was invaded by a vicious alien race and nearly destroyed. Cut off from their resources, the Arcadians turned to Earth for help. A group of Arcadian explorers discovered a Prophecy that claimed ...more
Published January 17th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Prophecy of Arcadia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prophecy of Arcadia

M.H. Soars
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it so of course I'm giving it 5 stars. I know, shameless!
Dianne
Their planet was nearly destroyed and a Prophecy claiming two children from Earth held their survival and salvation in their hands. The Arcadian council sent their finest and most gifted children to Earth to protect these special Earth children at all costs, ensuring they meet and fulfill the Prophecy.

These Arcadians are teens, dealing with the same emotional, angst-filled moments as an Earth teen would, but for those around them, it could be deadly. Not only must they keep their identity a sec
Melissa Cushing
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 4 1/2 stars! It was awesome! I received this book in exchange for an honest review and it honestly rocked! There were times that I thought I had the story completely figured out and then something would happen to completely throw me off track. I really liked that about this book, the "not knowing for sure what was going to come next" factor. I also loved the way the author wrote this story through the POV of the 3 main characters Sam, Matthew and Alexia. I loved Sam and Matt's story an ...more
Jen Lemons
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give it a solid 4.5 Lemons

Sorry but I’m not going to restate the synopsis, let’s get to the review.
First off, I absolutely loved this book! Who doesn’t love a good old-fashion alien prophecy involving hot aliens with kick butt powers coming to fruition on our lovely earth? Soars does a tremendous job at weaving sci-fi into our modern world and I had a hard time putting the book (my iTouch) down. Thanks for making me stay up late several nights, Soars, thanks.
The story is
Charlie
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So here am I again, having to create a new Goodreads account because they simply decided I wasn't real and simply deleted my account. Without any warning just because I wasn't active enough for their standard?

Here is the review they also deleted. It will probably be my only review here and I'm only going through the trouble because I kind of made a commitment to the author to post my review here:

Great new series!

Nowadays with the incredible number of new YA series bei
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading this and I must say in a market very saturated with indie ya sci-fi, The Prophecy of Arcadia stands out.

It was a unique story and I loved the characters. They felt real and I appreciated that though they lived as human teenagers, and had teenage hormones, they still remained focused on their roles in the prophecy. There were moments of teenage angst by other minor characters and I loved how the main characters always handled the situations.

I loved Alexia and Ethan. It w
Sharon Stevenson
'The Prophecy of Arcadia' is the first book in a new young adult series which combines paranormal romance with science fiction. The story is told through 3 different points of view by main characters Alexia, Sam and Matt.

I was captivated by the story very quickly and found that while it raised a lot of questions it was done in a way that kept me intrigued and on the edge of my seat as I tore through the book. The romantic element was really well done and added to the tension as there
Rebecca
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, big-books-2014
This Book was sent to me by the Author and with the book she had put a letter asking me to please put an honest review up about the book. Well, I finished it last night and I can honestly say I loved it. It took me a bit to get into it, and that's just because from the beginning you have a lot of questions. I stoke with it though and I'm glade I did. The characters are great and I really like how she did the three POV. I think it's really hard to do that and have the book make sense. I mean that ...more
Nikita Lilkond
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I requested this book for review and i received it as an eBook . And i'm not joking when i say that i read it in one sitting ! Yeah that's how good it was ,it immediately flew to the top of my favorites list!!! I just can't tell you how good it was. When receiving this book i admit i was a bit skeptical because i had never heard of it before and i did not know the author but i'm soo glad it was sent to me it was like nothing i have ever read before.

Before i rant all day let me give y
AmandaEmma
I received this in exchange for an honest review and so I could participate in the blog tour
This review was originally posted on my blogLittle Miss Reader

I went into this with a bit of skepticism - but still looking forward to it, because I absolutely love sci-fi and I happen to enjoy self published books a lot.

First some information: The first chapter was the only part/>This
Emma Faragher
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this is one of those reviews I preface by saying that you really don't want to start this book when you've only got ten minuets to read. Which should say something about it! Once you pick it up only extreme exhaustion will remove it from your hands, or car journeys since it's impossible to read and drive at the same time. Suitable for young adults to adults.

To start with everything seems very normal, but M.H.Soars manages to make even that interesting. Then little bits and pieces
Amanda
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frigging Alien Awesomeness! I absolutely loved this book from page one! M.H Soars takes us on a mysterious story of an alien race, The Arcadians, that have to ensure that a prophecy comes to for the sake of their people. It all falls on 6 young teen Arcadians, and and unaware boy & girl who will make this prophecy fulfill.

Alexia is the unaware girl, who was raised to believe she is the six Aracadians, cousin. The boy is an unknown mystery that they have to find in time, and their
Erin
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Prophecy of Arcadia was a great read. Its a fast paced book that is different than any of the other Young Adult series I have read. It is from 3 different points of view which really gives it a unique perspective. Also the characters are aliens which is so refreshing after all the vampire and werewolf books you see on the shelves. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is into Young Adult book series. I can't wait to read the next book when it comes out!
Evelyn
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly loved this book. I liked how crazy it was and how many twists you added. Most of them I didn't see coming at all and It was a big shocker. Definitely continue the series. Amazing book and I cannot wait for the second one! I would definitely recommend this book. You've already got an Arcadian Fan now you've got to get more.
Melissa
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this book took me completely by surprise! It was so well written, and the action and mystery keep you biting your nails throughout the entire book. Excellent!!!! I highly recommend!
Monique
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Prophecy of Arcadia is the first book in the Arcadian Wars series. It follows the lives of 6 teen aliens that are stranded on Earth with the mission to protect two youngsters from Earth. Over 100 years ago, their planet, Arcadia, was invaded by a mysterious race and nearly destroyed. Depleted of their resources the Arcadians turned to Earth to find something that could help them defeat their enemy. They found a Prophecy that stated that a boy and a girl from Earth were the key to their salva ...more
Eneide
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Prophecy of Arcadia is the first book in the YA PNR/SciFi series Arcadian Wars. It tells the story of young Arcadians who have been sent to Earth to act as protectors of two human teenagers. Despite the supernatural powers that those Arcadians have, they act and look human.

There is a lot of drama and angst mixed with mystery and a touch of humor. The MCs are very likeable and their voices are truly unique (they don't sound like one another).

Here are some of my favorit
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"

Give me the second book already! I’m dying here …
This book was so awesome I forgot to take my usual notes for my review. I was so engrossed in the story I forgot everything else! It’s always the sign of a great book.
We follow the story through Alexia, Sam and Matthew’s eyes. Surprised, I quickly got used to it as it gives an interesting layer to the story.

The plot goes around a threatened alien race, the Arcadians. Following a Prophecy, their salvation will come from two
Sharon Stevenson

Lisa Fallon
I really really enjoyed this book I didn't know what to expect when starting it but I was really glad I chose it.
I love the story lines there was always something happening it never slowed down but the book wasn't over in a flash it kept me hooked I didn't want to put it down.
I loved reading it from Matthew, Sam and lexs point of view as they all had something different they were focused on so it really made the story.
I loved Ethan and I really started to panic that he wasn't t
Mimi
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Prophecy of Arcadia is a paranormal romance novel that has been disguised as a Sci-Fi novel. Fans of YA PNR will probably enjoy it like I did. Hardcore fans of SciFi might be disappointed.

The book is told from three POVs and it works for this particular novel.

There are a lot of characters (main and secondary) that are interesting with their own distinct voices. It might be overwhelming to readers who like more simple story lines.

There is a heavy dosage of
Dina Roberts
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd say this book was about 10% science fiction and 90% teen soap opera.

Alexis is human and goes to stay with her cousins. What she doesn't know is her cousins are aliens. That's the science fiction part.

Then there's the relationships. Does Samantha belong with Matthew or Julian? Is Alexis meant to be with Ethan?

The only criticism I have is that I think the book was a bit too long for it's type. It's over 400 pages, and I think a book that length need to be more complex and epic.

I
Michelle
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rar
I loved this story! And I can't wait to read the rest of the series. This was so intriguing and so well written. The character development was great and the plot was so interesting. Great book.

I received a free copy of this book from the author via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Brandon
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for fans of YA Paranormal.
Michael Ruth
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
All i can say is i can't wait for more this book was awsome
Jacqueline
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"... the whole of point of falling in love was that you didn't have a choice in the matter."

I liked this book. And the author was so kind to send me a copy... sooo M. H. Soars... a big THANK YOU! :)

First, I like the content itself. I mean, that's the purpose of a book, right? It's fantasy and people in my age don't quite like that sort of genre but this is not some cheesy power stuff. Have you seen X-Men? Yeah, that sort of mojo jojo. Trust me. It's not also the usual fan
Kittrin Fralc
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished a fantastic start to a series and I would definitely recommend reading this new author if you are into fantasy with with Shifters and "humans" with unique special powers out to save the world. Even more so I would read it because it is easy to read and you don't feel like have read layers of fluff. There is no embellishment with this author, she tells it how it is and I find myself relating to the characters by her words alone. It is witty and fun to read, in fact I read it in a ...more
Dale Ibitz
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is really 4.5 stars, but I rounded up. :)

This is definitely a YA read with all the angst and drama attached to it. What is simply great about this, though, is that the author so effectively captured the emotions rioting through the characters. It has a very real feel to it, even though there are aliens jazzing up the drama-works. Basically, these guys are going through alien puberty, trying to manage their developing powers while dealing with raging hormones. Fun stuff. heh heh<
Melanie
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ry-2014, read-in-2014
3.5*s
Review posted here...
The Prophecy of Arcadia is a good read and a nice introduction to the Arcadian Wars series. I’m not going to rehash the blurb because it tells you everything you need to know. We start with a prologue from 115yrs ago when a planet is being invaded and someone is sent to put a plan into action, all hope is placed in this plan and a prop
Christina
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of The Prophecy of Arcadia from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A strong foundation for a new series. I’ve only recently been drawn into the alien themed books. I have no idea why because I like them. I think this book felt a bit rushed in some areas especially Arcadia. I would a little more story building and explaining in sections. I do want to read more about Arcadia and all of the characters. This book keeps you entertained and I didn’t want to put it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hyacinth (Svatura, #2)
  • The Huaca
  • Asleep (Fairytale Collection #2)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • These Are the Moments (The Moments Series, #2)
  • The Revelation of Gabriel Adam (Revelation Saga, #1)
  • Dreamer (The Kali Lockton Trilogy, #1)
  • The Seers (Holders #2)
  • The Arrival (The Eslite Chronicles, #1)
  • The Prophecy (Secrets of Shadow Hill, #2)
  • Stormbringer (Weather Witch, #2)
  • Zenn Scarlett (Zenn Scarlett, #1)
  • The Modified (The Biotics Trilogy, #1)
  • Altered (Altered Sequence, #1)
  • The Prophecy
  • Unite (Project Integrate, #1)
  • Spellbound
  • Bloodrealms (Bloodmark Saga, #2)
I always knew creative arts were my calling but not in a million years did I think I would become an author. With a background in fashion design I thought I would follow that path. But one day, out of the blue, I had an idea for a book. One page turned into ten pages, ten pages turned into a hundred, and before I knew, my first novel, The Prophecy of Arcadia, was born.

I live in Florida

Arcadian Wars (2 books)
  • The Phoenix Shadow (Arcadian Wars, #2)