Start by marking “Once Upon a Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Lifetime

Once Upon a Lifetime

"Amy stared at the portrait dancing in front of her. She reached out to grab hold of it, steadying it. Or at least making it shake in tune with the rest of her body.

The image could have almost been a mirror. But more disturbing was the fact that it looked like another picture she had. A photo. The only image she had ever had of her mother not faded by time and memory.

Tak
Published January 16th 2014 by Createspace (first published January 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Lifetime

Start your review of Once Upon a Lifetime
Kathy
4.5

This was a charming story! I ended up really enjoying this one. I always wonder how an author will tackle the whole time-travel element and it was pretty clever in this one. I like the magical element and the snarky little leprechaun. You have to be careful with those little guys.

I liked Amy, I thought she had a fun personality. I thought her and Damien had a fun relationship and I’m glad it wasn’t this instant love, I like the whole frenemy storyline. They have good chemistry and fun banter
Annette
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency, time-travel
This was a fairytale/regency romance and it was very sweet. I liked the interplay between the hero and heroine and how their relationship morphs and evolves. Lovely read.

Content: clean.
Tara
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed this one! It's funny, because I'm normally not a fan of time-travel books, but this is the fourth one ice read in the past two months! So maybe I'm not as "anti" time travel as I thought. :) I think I went into this story liking it already, because I figured if she ended up falling in love and staying in the past, it wasn't as big of a deal, because her her mom had died and she didn't have anyone other than her best friend Toby she was leaving behind.
Anyway--I loved the
Mylissa Demeyere
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is not a book I would have thought of reading, because I never thought I would like a story about being sent back in time. I also rarely read mystery romance, so this was a real surprise for me!

Amy gets sent back in time and everyone thinks she is her mother who is accused of killing her father. She is taken prisoner by a very handsome man, who she must try to convince of her innocence.

It is a very fun, intriguing, fast paced story. It's a clean read with a good build up between the main ch
Charissa
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amy gets twisted back into time where she is accused of being her mother, who supposedly has murdered her fiancée (Amy's father). When Amy is apprehended by Lord Damien to be brought to justice and hanged for her crimes, she is desperate to get him to believe her ‘unbelievable’ tale and help her seek justice. But who believes in leprechauns?

This fun story mixed the future into the past with likable characters. Amy’s a cute, quirky heroine and Lord Damien is a great hero who is torn between his a
InD'tale Magazine
"Once Upon a Lifetime" is a regency romance with a twist, combining a murdered noble, a damsel in distress, a disenchanted but handsome second son of a lord, a villain in disguise, and a leprechaun.

Read full review in the 2014 September issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Roseanne Wilkins
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
From the first scene, I was drawn into the story. If you like clean romance, you will love this book. I enjoyed Amy, the feisty main character who was thrown into the past. The romance between her and Damien, the man who was determined to take her to jail for a crime she didn't commit, worked smoothly into the plot. This is an enjoyable read. ...more
Bonnie Blythe
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A sweet time-travel romance that uses a little magic to right the wrongs of the past.
Patricia
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
I have been on a time travel reading jag this summer and this book fit right in. I loved this story! I loved the characters! The leprechaun was a bit much to accept 🤗 but I ended up liking that part, too. Kitchen's writing style is wonderful--her use if the English language. (There were typos periodically--that seem so common in Kindle books--that I hope will be corrected.) This is a sweet, clean, time travel romance that I heartily recommend. ...more
Kirsty Bicknell
Although Once Upon A Lifetime begins in the present day, the reader and the story's main female character, Amy, are quickly transported back to the 19th Century with the help of a leprechaun named Patrick.
Amy now has a week before Patrick can magic her back to the present day but unfortunately she is just about to meet Damien, who will mistake Amy for her mother and arrest her for murder!
Although this sounds a complicated plot, Jennifer Kitchens delivers it effortlessly, with a constant momentum
Jen
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are two types of literature in this world. The first type are the hard-core, thought provoking novels that make you ponder, analyze, and learn whilst exploring the deep recesses of your imagination. The second are the lighthearted, simple novels that offer a quick, fun adventure and don't require much brain power. I would place all fairy tales in the latter category and Once Upon a Lifetime definitely reads like a fairy tale.

Jennifer Kitchen's novel most assuredly lives up to it's fairy t
Susan
I really enjoyed the story and characters of this short fairytale. The time travel aspect made it especially intriguing. It seemed to flow well but needs some proof reading. There were mistakes throughout which did affect the enjoyment of reading. I can handle a mistake here or there but this was excessive. When it is cleaned up, it will be a great novel.
Lindsey Gray
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
PG -
Language: no swears;
Sex: no sex; some kissing;
Violence: some violence, but nothing detailed (attempted robbery, murder).
Clean read. DESPERATELY needs editing.
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romantic, lovely, clean. Intriguing! A very short read.
Rita
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Fun read!
Julie
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really had fun reading this book! Clean, funny, charming, it was a quick read that left me smiling and feeling happy. I really loved the time travel element and the spunky heroine.
Patricia M. Condit
Dec 23, 2014
Jennifer Kitchens
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Diana
Feb 21, 2014
Loren Secretts
Sandra Heinzman
« previous 1 3 next »
Jennifer Kitchens is a noted author and an established reviewer. She is a life-long lover of romance and a bit of a Disney fanatic. She has a degree in Anthropology from Brigham Young University and is a stay-at-home mom to her wonderful children.

News & Interviews