Start by marking “Danger on Panther Peak” as Want to Read:
Danger on Panther Peak

Danger on Panther Peak

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  276 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
There hadn't been a panther on Panther Peak in decades. But the year the Burkes move to their grandfather's ranch, something begins killing off the livestock. Tom shudders. Could his grandfather's tales about panthers be true? Then one winter morning, Tom sees a dark shape move silently through the fog, spooking the animals in the barn. Later that day, a blizzard hits and ...more
Published December 1st 1989 by Aladdin Paperbacks (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Danger on Panther Peak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danger on Panther Peak

Kelley
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.
Meh. Had I read this as a child, I'm sure I'd have liked it much better.
Haley Hughes
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book scared the ever living shit out of me. I have rarely been as terrified reading as I was reading this. I once saw a mountain lion out in the country where I lived growing up and it screamed and this book came immediately flooding back to me because it was exactly as it was described so I knew exactly what was happening.

I'm convinced this would be equally terrifying to a grown adult. But the terror of this book is just about all I remember about it.
~✨Catherine✨~
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
God, I remember reading this in 3rd grade and to this day Im still scared of black panthers......
Jaime
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I read it for students that I was teaching and helping with reading. We all loved it and thought it was interesting.
Laura Verret
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tom’s been bored for the last few weeks – ever since the Burkes moved to their new house, really, away from all of his friends. But Grandpa just couldn’t go on living by himself on the farm, and Tom’s parents thought it would be best for their family to move into the farm instead of selling it off.

One day Tom decides to go exploring. While out climbing among the bluffs and cliffs he comes across a boy named Justin. They decide to throw in their lot together and conquer the small hills that adjoi
Kurt Schnaubelt
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read the book Danger on Panther Peak by Bill Wallace. This is a realistic fiction book because there are made up settings, people, and places. But these things could be real. When there is something between you and your livestock, what do you do?

This question was answered by an eleven year old boy whose name is Tom. Tom is bored out of his mind at his grandfather's farm. When he hikes up to Skeeter Ridge, he finds a friend. His friend’s name is Justin. Justin has been living on a farm his who
Stephen
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's a good book. I love it. I have read it 4 times. My favorite part is when Tom goes to get Justin to help his grandpa because he broke his hip, because he grabbed the shotgun. He went out on the ride with his horse ginger. I wont say why its my favorite part because it will ruin the story. READ the book to find out for yourself!
Gabriel
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here are the main parts of this book. Tom's Grandpa gets wounded in a blizzard when a cow kicks him in the hip. Tom must ride to his friend's house to get help, through a killer panther's territory. Right in the middle of the territory his horse has to have her foal right then and there. What will happen? Will Tom get help? Will he die? Read this book to find out!
Lani
Sep 23, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
I remember that this one was a bit suspenseful, though I haven't read it for years, so I don't remember much about it. One of Wallace's 'set in the countryside' YA books of a young teenager facing adversity with his faithful animal by his side.
Karyn
Oct 11, 2008 rated it liked it
I read this book a long time ago but I remember it being pretty good for younger kids.
Hyrum
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-grade
It was ok.
Scar
May 26, 2009 added it
This book is AWSOME!! I did it for a Oral Book report.
Clickety
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Ok, four stars is from memory. I'm gonna hafta go back and re-read this to see how it stacks up against Deathwatch.
Teresa Stoner
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Wonderful read aloud! Plenty of drama. Nice to have an elementary book with a male hero. Read it!
tony364
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
pretty cool
Kevin
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I remember reading this as a kid and loved it. I read it to the kids and they enjoyed it. The story is a lot shorter and less intense than I remember.
Kelsey
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book once, loved it so much I read it again. Amazing book.
Jenny
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book for Amber's book club. Both boys and girls in my group enjoyed reading this book.
Katherine
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a fabulously intense book! Again, I love a good mystery!
Candy
Dec 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I just read this book to my 8 and 9 year old daughters. My 9 year old loves Bill Wallace books. Full of suspense, each night they didn't want to stop. I enjoyed it more than I thought also.
Nicole Hyatt
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my all time favorite childhood book. My 8 year old son loved it so much, he asked for another chapter every time we picked it up. And has since asked me to read it again!
April
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this Book! It is a great read aloud for teachers.
Jessica
  • Jackalope
  • Poetry for Young People: Robert Frost
  • Tut's Mummy: Lost...and Found
  • The Trouble with Tuck
  • Rascal (The Puppy Place, #4)
  • The Winter Rescue (Sugar Creek Gang, #3)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
Former elementary school teacher; West Elementary School, Chickasha, OK, principal, since 1977, and physical education teacher. Speaker at schools and universities in various states, including State University of New York and University of South Florida.

AWARDS:

Bluebonnet Award from Texas Association of School Librarians and Children's Round Table and Sequoyah Children's Book Award from Oklahoma St
More about Bill Wallace