Start by marking “The Dust of Ancients (The Lynher Mill Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Dust of Ancients (The Lynher Mill Chronicles Book 1)

The Dust of Ancients (The Lynher Mill Chronicles Book 1)

A curse uttered in the extremity of terror and death can reverberate for centuries. When the means to bring that curse to fruition are suddenly within reach, the innocents must look to their past to protect their future ... and their past wants no part of it.

Richard Lucas has been plagued by vivid and disturbing dreams since the death of his wife eleven years ago, and, de
Published January 16th 2014 by Lynher Mill Publishing (first published September 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Dust of Ancients, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dust of Ancients

Elizabeth Ducie
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read a lot of fantasy novels but so often the stories seem familiar, derivative of the greats in the genre. Not so with The Dust of Ancients. Terri Nixon has come up with an interesting new concept, which she carries through to the end in a way that builds tension slowly towards a climactic ending. A most enjoyable and refreshing read. Recommended reading for lovers of Tolkien, Jordan and Canavan.
ChillwithabookAWARD With
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Dust of Ancients has been honoured with a Chill with a Book Readers' Award.
www.chillwithabook.com
Rebecca Bradley
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
A stunning starting chapter sets the scene for this brilliant book that spans lifetimes of elemental faeries and humans. It took my breath away and sucked me in. I had to know where it was going to take me.

Enter Richard Lucas and co. who unknown to all but Maer, they are inextricably linked by past events and Richard will play a role he has no knowledge of but will pay the highest of prices for and several times over.

Nixon has written a wonderful book and spans time and continents with ease. I
Helen Hollick
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has received a Discovering Diamonds Review:
Helen Hollick
founder #DDRevs

"Ms Nixon’s entire concept is something a little different, and most refreshing."
Johnny
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
Lucy's Weight
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Both Amazon and Goodreads show fantastic reviews for this book so can't wait to start today (31.01.2015). A day later and I have finished the book! Wow what a read!

I am not normally into mystical books but the story wouldn't have been the same without it and the way the author combines the mystical element with what we see as normal everyday life is great. I also love the way that relationships between the characters in this book are developed and how they change as people through the life of th
Susan Roebuck
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
At last I've found a novel that doesn't follow the tropes of thousands of fantasy novels coming out at the moment. The Dust of the Ancients combines legend and reality in a believable setting with characters the reader can identify with. Ms Nixon's imagination has been in top gear with this novel combined with the background of spooky legends that are rife in Cornwall - tales that have passed down through the generations so who's to know they're not true? I'll never walk on a Cornish moor again ...more
Astrid Tryon
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
I'm not finished yet, but this is totally up my alley. Great Fantasy! This book kept me reading on a plane (and I normally fall asleep on planes!) Can't wait for the second installment and I'm not even finished with this one!
Jane Roskilly
Roland Clarke
Jan 25, 2017
Anne Wright
Apr 15, 2017
Terri was born in Plymouth in 1965. At the age of 9 she moved with her family to Cornwall, to a small village on the edge of Bodmin Moor, where she discovered a love of writing that has stayed with her ever since. She also discovered apple-scrumping, and how to jump out of a hayloft without breaking any bones, but no-one's ever offered to pay her for doing those.

Since publishing in paperback for