Start by marking “Made in Nashville” as Want to Read:
Made in Nashville

Made in Nashville

An on-stage attack left Honor Blackwood with more scars than just the one on her face. It’s been ten years since she left her spot as Nashville’s brightest country music star. Is now the time to return? And is she brave enough to do it?

Published February 6th 2014 by Harper Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Made in Nashville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made in Nashville

Start your review of Made in Nashville
Cora Tea Party Princess
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
5 Words: What the hell was that?

It's true, if you're a fan of the TV show Nashville, you'll love this. Love it. And I'm a huge fan. From the first word, I loved it, I was convinced that I'd give it a solid five stars.

So why did this only get 4 stars?

The last 20%.

Everything is fine and dandy and passionate and drama filled and amazing until you hit exactly the 80% mark. Then I felt that things got a little OTT (as much as a story featuring such big, famous personalities can be OTT). Because you l
Claire Robinson
Jan 24, 2014 rated it liked it
3 Still Slightly Miffed Stars.

I have stepped away from this book, and taken a few days to calm myself down before writing the review for it, because if I am honest what started out as a potential 4 – 4.5 stars read, degenerated into the perfect way to ruin a book in the last 20%. I want to be clear that this review is only my opinion, and while I have absolutely no issues with the writing etc, I just really didn’t like how the author chose to wind up the book.

Honor Blackwood was a rising star on
Mandy Baggot
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm the author of this book - here is the blurb:-

Made in Nashville...feel the country!

Country rebel and rock star, Jared ‘Jed’ Marshall is hot property on the Tennessee music scene in more ways than one. He’s wild, he’s sexy and everybody wants a piece of him. But
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I seriously enjoyed One Summer In Nashville. New-to-me author Mandy Baggot really made this an interesting and enjoyable story.

Honor and Jared were a fascinating couple. He’s hard-core new Country. She sings like an angel. Opposites in every way but wonderful together. Jared can’t help but fall in love with the voice that he hears and will stop at nothing to get her on his tour. No is her answer. There is no way she is putting herself out there again. Not after the humiliation. And, who would wa
Lisa
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have always been a huge fan of country music, even though it isn't as big here in the U.K as it is in America, and recently, the TV series Nashville has been a firm favourite of mine! So when the lovely Mandy gave me an ARC copy of Made In Nashville, I was thrilled. It is the third of Mandy's books I have read, and one thing I have learnt, is that Mandy knows how to create a serious book hotty! And there is certainly no disappointing with Jared! He is hot, and sexy, and dark and brooding, and ...more
Anne OK
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-reads
I had very high hopes for this one -- I'm in a "Nashville" state of mind lately. But I felt disappointed from the slow get-go in this one. The price of $8.00 caused me pause in the beginning but seeing all the great reviews pushed me forward and I one-clicked. Of course, I wanted to love it but I didn't - and I can see I'm definitely in the minority. It was just a fair read and one that really didn't keep my attention either.

The characters weren't very well developed but worse yet was the devel
Moon Love
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jared "Jed" Marshall needs to get an opening act for his latest tour and soon. He just happens to overhear Honor Blackwood singing and is entranced by her voice. Honor is no stranger to performing. Ten years ago she was the hottest star when an unprovoked attack left her scarred and afraid. Will Jed be able to convince Honor to join him on tour? Will Honor's past come back to haunt her again?

There wasn't much about this book that I didn't enjoy. Both Jed and Honor are perfect for each other. Jed
Kathleen
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ten years ago Honor Blackwood was an eighteen year old rising Nashville country music superstar, until an on-stage knife attack left her face scarred, and her music career gone in a span of two short years.

Jared "Jed" Marshall is the hottest new Nashville country-rock bad boy. He's heading out on his first headlining tour, and is in search of a supporting artist to open up his concerts.

Jared hears one of Honor's songs on the radio, he doesn't know who she is/was, but he is determined to have h
Alison
Honor Blackwood was an up-and-coming country star until a deranged man attacked her with a knife on stage. Now she's a recluse, working in a music store and avoiding anything to do with Nashville and country music.

Jared Marshall is the latest bad-boy rock/country fusion sensation about to start a national tour. After hearing one of Honor's songs he's determined to do whatever it takes to get this woman back into the recording studio and accompanying him on tour.

But Honor and Jared both have secr
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free for a Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I’m not a massive country fan but when I read the blurb I just couldn’t wait to dive in.

Honor is such a sweet girl. She has been through so much in her life and is so scarred. I thought she was strong and extremely brave.

Jared is hot, very hot. He’s a bit of a trouble maker but he has a go
Erin
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this heartfelt, sincere but, also in places, rather cheeky read from Mandy Baggot. It was a real sensory experience - I felt the southern heat, tasted the ribs and sauce, heard the guitars! Somehow country rock is rendered so much sexier than your more 'traditional' rock gods and I loved it.

The tragic Honor could so easily have become 2D, or annoying in her hesitancy to the impatient reader, but there's never even the threat of that happening. You really understand the psychologi
Judith Spencer
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read of Mandy's, and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the country music feel, and her main characters Honor and Jed.
Honor was left scarred while playing one night, and couldn't face carrying on, that was until Jed appeared on the scene. Can she face her demons to perform with the sexy Jed again?
There is a secret that could destroy everything. I loved it! 5 stars from me Mandy.
Nessa
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
As a massive fan of Mandy Baggot books I literally couldn't wait to read this one, One Summer in Nashville.

The story was highly enjoyable, loved the characters and the interaction between Jared and Honour, you could tell straightaway that they had a connection. I thought the setting of the story was brilliant, country music, concerts, romance, secret past, perfect combination for sure.

My only real cristism about the story relates to the character of Honour, I didn't agree with her actions towar
Savannah
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance readers
This review was originally posted on Coffee, Books and My Kindle

Honor Blackwood is an orphan young woman, she doesn’t know her real family or story. She was a brilliant country singer until a crazy man attacked her on the stage. He cut her face with a knife without a real reason, no he wasn't a stalker or an obsessed fan, it was a random thing. Crazy shit happens sometimes. She lost her career, her crappy boyfriend and her music, she doesn’t want to know anything about country music, but she’s l
Kirsty & Erin Muir
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Made In Nashville is Mandy Baggot’s second Harper Impulse title and it’s set in the home of country music – Nashville! It’s the story of Honor Blackwod and Jared Marshall. Honor, at 18 was about to take the country music scene by storm. She was beautiful with the voice of an Angel but when a crazed fan manages to make his way on stage and attacks her she is left scarred for life on the inside and out.

10 years later, Jed Marshall is the bad boy of country. He’s known for rocking it out with thous
Marleen
Dec 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Being a country music fan living abroad, I was positively tickled that a British writer would pen down a story set in Nashville. It’s my 2nd book by Mandy Baggot and I remain a fan, although I thought that in her most recent book “One Wish in Manhattan” her characters had more gravitas and the story was better developed.
Made in Nashville is a light read and tells us the story of two young country singers – Honor Blackwood and Jared Marshall - who may seem, at first glance, very different but wh
BestChickLit.com
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It’s a fact that Mandy never disappoints on the book boyfriend front but she’s definitely outdone herself this time!

Jared is incredibly protective of Honor, loves his family, he’s upfront and a straight shooter but has that all-important bad boy edge. Honor is damaged herself but they understand each other on a level no one else does, and with the pair connecting almost instantly, the sparks fly off the pages.

Having both suffered in the past, it’s was great to read on as Jared and Honor begin to
Emily

HEA: (view spoiler)
Jess
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2020
When I requested this book from Netgalley I had no idea what I was getting myself into! It was purely based on the cover and that it was set in Nashville, which holds a special place in my heart. I quickly found out that Mandy Baggot is magnificent at pulling you in, making you adore her characters, and giving you a story with all the feelings attached. I found myself laughing, tearing up, and gasping right along with the story as I devoured it.
Sophie
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Posted originally http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

I’ll be honest and say I had no idea what to expect from Made in Nashville other than I’ve heard great things about the author and if Harper Impulse published it, I’m probably going to love it. It took me until around halfway through chapter one when I realised that I was going to love this book. I reached 44% of the way through (I checked) and came to the conclusion that I’d taken this book boyfriend thing way too far. I was slightly un
Gemma
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
Cheesy as hell but I blooming loved it!!

The first few chapters I was laughing at the cheesiness and thinking I was too good for this book....

..... chapter 8 and I’m all in and devouring the whole book.

The characters are adorable, I’m in love with Jared Marshall and it’s all Mandy Baggot’s fault!!
Steph Hayward-bailey
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great romance with the country music scene as a backdrop. An easy read with great characters.
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm still in disbelief that a little over a year ago, I had never read a Mandy Baggot book, and now I am slowly working my way through her back catalogue as well as being keen to read her newest releases and every single time, I am astounded at the quality of the writing, the way she writes her leading characters, and in some cases the picture of the location that is built up.

I am delighted to say that Made in Nashville is no exception to this. This is a fast paced roller coaster ride of a book
Marina
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read the original review here:

*Copy provided by the author in exchange of honest review*

I'm not a really big fan of country music, but I am a fan of a good old romantic story. So when Ms. Baggot sent me her new book, I did my happy dance :). After reading Security, I couldn't wait to read her next novel.

Young singer Jared is looking for tour partner, and he can't find someone he likes. One moment, he listens radio and hears that angel voice singing and dec
Jeannie Zelos
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Made in Nashville. Mandy Baggot
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book reviews.
By now Mandy has become one of my auto read authors, I just know I’ll get a romance that's well written and plotted, and has lots of emotion and drama and that's what I need to enjoy contemporary romance. Not just a sweet boy meets girl HEA, but a story with highs and lows, full of emotion and angst.
So Honor, what an awful thing to happen when she was so young, and just having tasted success. Not only was the attack horrific
Frenchorchidea
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mandy Baggot has always very romantic and fun books for you and this time is no different! If you love romance, this book is for you! "One Summer in Nashville" is all about love! It has been a long time since I haven't read such a lovely romance like this one! I felt good the whole time I was reading this book! And on top of this lovely romance going on, it's a book full of events, full of suspense, you never get bored! I totally recommend this book for any romance lover out there! You won't reg ...more
Toni
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book Made in Nashville as an ARC for an honest review. I totally loved it. Mandy does it again seems like she can write anything to any kind of story. The main characters are Honor Blackwood former country music star because of something that happened in the past but then she meets the other main character whom is a country rock'in music star, rough around the edges, tough, sexy and admired by many, also top on the record charts. When they meet Jared or Jed is instantly taken by Honor ...more
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Lately I have been struggling to read, every book I pick up feels heavy (literally and figuratively). Two friends had already read Made in Nashville and has assured me it was well worth a read so I decided to jump in with both feet. Before i knew it i was on chapter 5 and really intrigued as to where this was going. By Chapter 10 I couldn't put the book down. And I have to admit that by the time I hit 50% of the kids were left to fend for themselves and i was pulling an all-nighter just to see w ...more
Keith Chawgo
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Baggot’s novel has the feeling of an episode of Nashville blended together with a classic Hallmark film which is not a bad thing. Characters that are at odds end up happily ever after with some suspense and will they, won’t they matter is the tone of the day. This is not a bad thing and although this has a comfortable plot, there is enough to satisfy and tantalise your way until the satisfying conclusion.

The characters are well developed and you have a real sense of the two main characters and t
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Made in Nashville. I have to say I after reading some of the reviews I was a little worried I wouldn't like it. I thought that the story was going to be a little bit to much country for me to enjoy but that was not the case.

Honor grew up in foster care but she survived and made something out of herself. She was one of Nashville's country music stars when she was attacked on stage. She has a scar on her face from the incident and has shied away from the music industry. She swe
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
mandy Baggot 2 12 Jan 18, 2014 09:42AM

• The Summer Island Swap
  • As Greek as It Gets
  • Autumn Skies Over Ruby Falls
  • The Village Shop for Lonely Hearts (Riverside Lane, #1)
  • Sunrise over Sapphire Bay
  • Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow
  • A Riviera Retreat
  • Sunshine Over Bluebell Cliff: A wonderfully uplifting read for summer 2020
  • New Hope for the Little Cornish Farmhouse
  • The Little Teashop in Tokyo (Romantic Escapes, #6)
  • Some Like it Greek
  • A Springtime To Remember
  • A New Happy Place: a heart-warming romantic comedy
  • The Little Village of New Starts
  • Summer at my Sister's: A delightfully uplifting and heart-warming, summer romance
  • The Cornish Confetti Agency
  • Rendez-Vous in Cannes
  • Make or Break at the Lighthouse B&B
Mandy Baggot is an international bestselling and award-winning romance writer.

The winner of the Innovation in Romantic Fiction award at the UK’s Festival of Romance, her romantic comedy novel, One Wish in Manhattan, was also shortlisted for the Romantic Novelists’ Association Romantic Comedy Novel of the Year award in 2016.

Mandy loves the Greek island of Corfu, white wine, country music and handba

News & Interviews

“He raised a hand and she closed her eyes on instinct. She waited, expected to feel his fingers in her hair. When he touched her she snapped her eyes open and let out a gasp. His index finger was tracing a slow, tender path from the side of her face and along her scar. No one had touched her scar before except her surgeon. No one had wanted to and why should they? It was horrible. It was ugly. It was a disfigurement. As if reading her mind, he spoke. ‘You’re beautiful, Honor.” 0 likes