Start by marking “Songbird Caged (Songbird, #2)” as Want to Read:
Songbird Caged (Songbird, #2)

Songbird Caged (Songbird #2)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  292 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Tara has made a promise.

A promise to wait six months for Riley to come home from his tour of duty, so they can be together.

But as secrets and lies are uncovered, it leads Tara to question their commitment, and she is finding it difficult to keep that promise.

The distance between them is growing, and only one person can fill the void, Tara’s best friend Cole.

As Cole tries
414 pages
Published April 12th 2014 by self-published

To ask other readers questions about Songbird Caged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Songbird Caged

Lisa Edward
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait for everyone to follow Tara, Riley and Cole's journey in book 2, Songbird Caged!
✿kawehi.reviews
Shelves: arc
description

Woah. Just when things were seeing some clarity, Lisa Edward manages to shake things up once again!

description

I mean, I for one am not a fan of love triangles but the Songbird Trilogy has managed to be one of the few exceptions I’ve managed to actually LOVE!

Songbird Caged starts off right where Songbird left off: with Riley leaving on tour and Tara promising to wait for him.

But… of course, with Cole, our sexy bad boy rocker carrying a torch for her and an undescribable magnetism always pulling them t
Monica James
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Edward is a master storyteller. Her talented vision, combined with her flawless writing, sets a hauntingly beautiful backdrop for the second book in The Songbird Trilogy, Songbird Caged.

The characters are so real, so raw, I found myself getting lost in their world, forgetting about the 'real world.'

This novel is beautifully written with engaging characters and a plot that has you wanting more and more.

Bring on book 3!!

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Songbird Caged (Songbird #2) by Lisa Edward
4.5 stars!!

“Yes, there are two paths you can go by,
but in the long run
There’s still time to change the road you’re on.” Stairway to Heaven – Led Zepplin

This is going to have to be a short but sweet review. It would be a travesty to say too much and spoil it, but this one certainly runs you through a gamut of emotions. I have always been #teamRiley and although I totally and utterly adore him, after reading this book my allegiances are wavering. This by
Reanell Tisdale
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 kept on my toes stars!

I was a little unsure how I wanted to rate this based on some issues I had. I can't really address those issues without giving away huge spoilers....one thing I will say is there is a love triangle! Even more than Songbird.

So Songbird Caged picks up where Songbird left off. The girls are sad that men got deployed for 6 months, and Kelli moves back to Melbourne to be closer to Tara. Only Tara has an issue with her hot water tank so Mr. Hotbod Cole invites them to stay
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Songbird Caged is an amazing amazing just simply AMAZING read! To say that I love it is an understatement. I have to say that Lisa Edward has manage to do what few authors have and that is to bring me a sleepless night thinking about the characters and where things were going and where they went and the ending good God almighty women I threw my kindle on the bed in tears like what the holy mother lover of all cliff hangers but I did not care because I was on such a roller coaster ride I could no ...more
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Liz Lawson
Poor Cole loves Tara and she loves him but tries to keep him at a distance because she's promised to wait for Riley. OMG what a cliffhanger. Poor Cole, will he win her heart, poor Riley, will he be the loser. Tara wants her cake and to eat it.
Katherine
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing

4.5 Cole STARS!!!

I really don’t think I could have liked Songbird Caged more than I have. I truly was at full throttled in it from page one. No, scratch that, I had a weekend marathon starting with Songbird (book 1) and once I finished it I did not blink before starting on Songbird Caged. And I could not for the life of me put it down. I was hooked and I wanted nothing more than to devour every single word, and soak in every emotion the characters were feeling.

Songbird Caged picks up right fro
Shanean
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Am I allowed to give 10 star ratings, because this book is 10 star worthy.

I feel like I was given a huge gooey chocolate cake. Deliciously sinful and oh so good. I knew just two chapters in that I had found a real treasure in the reading world. Songbird Caged isn't just a book that holds your interest it’s a book that demands your attention. I couldn’t stop turning the pages if I wanted to and believe me I DID NOT want to stop. Tara’s emotional rollercoaster of a life was one I was more than wi
Karen Harper
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have a confession to make. I’ve changed teams and even though I still love Ryleigh, I am now Team Cole.
If you read my read my review for Songbird, the first book in the Songbird Trilogy, you would realise that I was looking forward to reading Songbird Caged. However, I was not prepared for how much I LOVED this book! I didn’t think it was possible, but it was better than the first book.
BTW, if you haven’t read Songbird then you need to read this book before reading Songbird Caged. * Spoiler al
Crystal
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BEWARE!

Have tissues, water, and something to break the smile from your face handy. This book is e-mo-tional! You will go from smiling to crying to WTF in 1.5 pages. Oh and the ending.....Ugh! I just knew it was going to happen, but really??? Did it have to?

Ok, so....Irish gets deployed. This isn't the I can talk, but it will be limited deployed from the first book. This is hard core top secret gone. Let's just say things come out and Tara seriously wonders about them. Ever her rock, Cole is ther
Sassy Savvy Fabulous
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love and hate Lisa Edward. Yea I said that and it’s the truth and only those who have read this exceptional book will understand why. First off Lisa is an amazing writer. She has a way with words that is simply beautiful. She makes you fall in love with the characters, but alas here is where the problem lies. I fell in love with both Riley and Cole. How can I decide. I began Songbird Caged fully team Riley. I spoke in great lengths about my anger over the prospect of a potential love triangle. ...more
Melissa
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Some stories are meant to be told. Some characters are meant to be heard. Some people are meant to write .

From the very first time I read it , from the very first book in this series, I knew this to be true.

Songbird Caged to me is the perfect representation of the heartbreaking fact that you can Love someone with all your heart yet be IN LOVE with someone else. That there is an invisible yet tangible connection that draws and links certain people that defies all reason.

Tara is faced with the
Jessica
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to write anything about this book without spoiling it. However I will try. I LOVED that we finally got to know Cole much better. I kept wanting more of him in Songbird and my wishes came true. We got to meethis family and the important people in his life. I got a better understanding of who he is and why he acts like he does. I loved him with Tara and their chemistry is just amazing. Tara had alot to think about in this book (not only in the romance department) and in many ways she fru ...more
Claudine Van
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! What a ride this book was, I laughed I cried and I swooned. I absolutely loved the characters in this book, the story is amazing the heroin has become so strong and she loved so deep it was so wonderful to see that her previous relationship did not hold her back from life and love. BUT how conflicted I was with these to wonderful males, Cole and Riley both hold my heart I feel so conflicted as to who to cheer for my heart goes out to both of them but especially Tara her decisions where so ...more
Nicole
Jun 08, 2014 added it
I just stumbled upon Songbird and I can say this is one of my best reads of 2014. Loved it so much I immediately bought the 2nd one and just finished it, it was even better than the first. The chemistry between Cole and Tara was beautifully written. When Tara cried in Paris I truly felt her pain and cried right along with her. I cannot wait to see where you take Tara in the next book:)
Cori
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely in love with this series!!! Blown me away thus far. Both Cole and Tara are so hot together! The hotel in Paris... Wow! And now that they are finally together.. So happy for the both of them.... But the ending?! Seriously.... What are you doing Lisa?!?!? Come on Oct. 28th!
Nancy
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up all night reading this one. Wow! Smoking hot book. Cole is just amazing. Sorry, Team Riley, he just can't compare to Cole. Although his Paris shenanigans were abhorrent, he was hurt and retaliating. I could totally forgive him. On to book 3!
Jennifer Diaz
review to come when published
Melanie Charlesworth
... when I was with him it felt so right, as if it were always meant to be. - Tara

Songbird Caged is amazing! I loved it! It is written in Tara's POV, like book 1, Songbird. If you haven't read Songbird yet, you need to read that before reading Songbird Caged. This review may contain spoilers from book 1, so you may want to stop reading if you haven't read it yet.

Songbird was all about Tara finding herself and falling in love with Riley, whom I really liked most of the time and other times made
Ariana *mommy's late night book-up*
6 Incredible stars!!!!
HOLY CRAP! Can I rate a book a zillion stars? Please? Because I was completely blown away!!! WOW! Just wow! You asked for more Cole, and my god did you get him. Each and every delicious inch of him! "Songbird Caged" is hands down my favorite book of 2014 so far. I am officially TEAM COLE all the way!!!!! I was in love with Riley in Songbird, but completely drawn to and intrigued by Cole. Well, now I can say I am officially and undeniably in love with a fictional character (
Toni FGMAMTC
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off, I have got to say that I couldn't put this book down. I started it one day and finished it in the middle of the night, read straight through.

This series centers around a love triangle. I do like Riley. He's a great guy, but I just don't feel a connection between Tara and Riley like I do between Tara and Cole.
"I saw you two together tonight; I mean really saw you together, for the first time. You are so alike in so many ways, it's scary. You finish each other's sentences, you laugh
Marlene W
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars!

Songbird Caged picks up where the first book, Songbird leaves off. We continue to see Tara struggle with the feelings she has for both Riley and Cole. She is deeply in love with two men. Two very different men! While Songbird focused on Tara and Riley’s romance, this installment shifts the focus to the building relationship between Tara and Cole.

Riley remains a strong force in Tara’s life, even from thousands of miles away. He has faith that Tara will honor her promise to wait for
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
So this book is just a whole huge roller coaster of emotions. Now that we have all become invested in these friendships and relationships they are all put to the test in this book.

Tara and Riley are engaged but he is gone for 6 months , maybe more or maybe less , she has promised to wait for him despite them only being back together for a matter of weeks. They are in love and n either wants to be without the other. It may seem this will be Tara's biggest hurdle in the story but that is not true.
Romancerwblog
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5 stars

If you have not read Songbird by Lisa Edward you need to stop reading this review immediately and go one click it. There are spoilers from the first book in this review and trust me you don't want to spoil this!

Since you better have read the first book, you already know that Tara is engaged to Riley and is trying to wait 6 months for his return from a top secret special ops mission. She has no idea where is or what he is facing everyday. As as have said before, I like Riley, I
Books&Dreams
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

I gave this book 5 stars.
This is book two in the Songbird series and cannot be read as a standalone.

This is Riley, Tara and Cole's story.

This leaves off where book one ended, Riley is going on leave and can't tell Tara where he is going. He will be gone for 6 mths and he asks her to marry him and to wait for him. She says yes. So in the beginning of this book Riley is gone, and Tara has to learn to live without talking to him everyday and spending time with him. She in turns leans on Cole her
Heather Carver
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I was dying to read this book. I loved Songbird and I couldn't wait to find out what happened with Tara, Riley and Cole. It took a lot for me to like Cole at the end of book one so I was hoping he would knock my socks off in this book, but.........
He ripe my heart out and shredded it to pieces and then stomp on it and then handed me my heart saying here I really never wanted this. (Sorry I know harsh, but that's how I felt.) This book made me feel so much and that is good!!

Tara oh Tara where do
Jodie & Bree - Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads

“Cole, for goodness sake, tell her how you feel before it’s too late.”
“You came to see me…told me you had met someone special…your eyes met, and you felt like you couldn’t breathe, but you’d also never felt so alive.”
“live your life with Cole, and make every second count.”

Hello my name is Bree, I am a wife, mother, blogger and addict. I am addicted to Cole, Riley and Tara. Geesh!! I laughed! I cried.. (Oh how I cried!)

So awhile back we got this book for a blog tour by Lisa Edwards. Songbird. I
Lustful Literature
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**JODIE'S REVIEW **

“I’m happier than I’ve ever been in my life. I’ve also never been more scared. “

NO WORDS LISA EDWARDS!!! Before I go any further if you haven’t read Songbird you need to stop and do that because this book cannot be read as a stand alone. I am going to be honest I wasn’t in LOVE with Book 1. But THANK YOU TINY BABY JESUS for making me read it!!! Honestly, this was everything I wanted, everything I was questioning, there was a reason and you will see. Prepare because sexual t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Freeing Tuesday (Save Me, #2)
  • Unspoken Promises (Unspoken, #2)
  • Eye of the Storm (Storm, #2)
  • Evil of Love
  • Wanting Reed (Break Me, #2)
  • Truth or Dare (Alexander Twins, #2)
  • Matter of Choice
  • Before You (Before You, #1)
  • Entangled (Fullerton Family Saga, #2)
  • Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
  • My Beautiful (Lifeless, #2)
  • What If (What If, #1)
  • Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1)
  • Slow Body Rock (Body Rock, #2)
  • A Taylor-Made Life (Taylor-Made, #1)
  • Freed (Unlovable, #2)
  • A Changed Life
  • Man of My Dreams (Dreams, #1)
While Lisa Edward has called Melbourne Australia home for her entire life, she has lived and worked in England, and travelled through most parts of Europe and the United States.

She loves nothing more than spending time with her beautiful daughter, or curling up into the early hours of the morning with a great novel.

Her deep appreciation for literature was nurtured from a young age, being taught
More about Lisa Edward...

Songbird (3 books)
  • Songbird (Songbird, #1)
  • Songbird Freed (Songbird, #3)