Start by marking “Planet Strike (Extinction Wars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Planet Strike (Extinction Wars, #2)

Planet Strike

(Extinction Wars #2)

An ancient enemy with a billion starships and a trillion soldiers is about to invade our universe‭!

A Forerunner artifact‭ ‬the size of a planet‭ ‬drifts in hyperspace.‭ ‬It‭ ‬has mysteriously gone online,‭ ‬opening a rip between space-time continuums.‭ ‬A monstrous‭ ‬race older than the stones of Earth is‭ ‬pouring through,‭ ‬planning to eradicate all life not‭ ‬its own.
Published January 16th 2014 (first published January 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Planet Strike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Planet Strike

Start your review of Planet Strike (Extinction Wars, #2)
Mike (the Paladin)
I told you in my review of the first book didn't I? Didn't I say the one's "behind" wiping out Earth would be sorry they didn't finish the job and get all the humans?

Well, they are though things haven't gone as maybe most of us expected. With military science fiction action mixed in with first contact, origin ideas, semi-religious plot lines tied in with political and military action lines this could have gotten bogged down easily. It didn't however. While the book is not completely character dr
Dennis Wood
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New twist on the alien attack scenario.

I enjoyed both books in the series, and look forward to more.
Lots of action and the story takes all kinds of "didn't see that coming" twists.
I've never been disappointed in a Vaughn Heppner read, and this series is great entertainment.
Alex Shrugged
I liked Planet Strike better than the previous book in the series, but it was not good enough to say I loved it.

The story: The evil, worthless lion-aliens who murdered all our fellow Earthlings are now our allies in fighting the even-more-evil aliens from a parallel universe who wish to kill us all. Luckily our hero will solve this problem using the brash ways that he learned in prison.

Any problems with this story? At times it got a little silly with a few pop culture references that described
Htb2050
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This was amazing. The story and world building is so good. The author has given this story a lot of thought.

There aren't any boring parts for the first page to the last. You get into the action right from the beginning and it lasts till the end. Most 2nd books in the series are usually fillers or just flops. Others could learn a thing or two from this series on how to keep the interest of the reader going.
Benjamin Gearhart
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, I finished this book faster than I thought and am glad I decided to read it! It further builds on the first book in the series with a big surprising twist, and introduce and build several intriguing concept that will make you think, like some parallel concepts of earth and alien race(s).

Onto book 3 of the series now and I can only see things getting more interesting!
Valerie G. Nolan
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Extinction Wars Series Book 2 Planet a Strike,

It was just as exciting as the first Book. Yet again l could not put it down. Mr. Heppner has an uncanny gift of bringing his characters alive. They become like people one knows, particularly Commander Creed. I cannot wait to read Star Viking, the third book in this series.
Bryan457
Entertaining.
And with the added bonus of increasing testosterone & reducing IQ.
Creed reacts to everything with all the subtlety of an angry hornet. Luckily all those angry-spur-of-the-moment decisions seem to turn out ok in the end, though not without a great deal of collateral damage.
Doug
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Solid human perseverance

This book reverberates with the stoic perseverance of humankind fighting from the brink of extinction. The champion is uncouth, brash, devious, and resolute in his determination to save as many of us as he can. I really enjoy these books.
Jesse Deleon
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Summer reading recommend!

Thank you again Vaughn Heppner for another excellent series. Summer reading list recommend by me. Please keep writing a fan.
Gerald Mooers
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great b book! As usual I couldnt put it down.

The story had me on the edge of my seat. I only wish he had brought back Jennifer so Creed could show her earth.

P l
Scifimoth
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Exactly matched delivery of information through the main character - he discovers as you do; no more, no less. I like that in a story.
Luke Darling
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book and Vaughn's style in particular. It reminds me of the Doom Star Series. I highly recommend. ...more
Peter
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Read

An entertaining read. The author does a good job of keeping repetition between books in the series to a minimum.
Kenneth Legnon
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book and getting ready for the next one.
Phil van Bussel
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing sequel.

That was a great sequel. I wasn't sure where the story would go after the first book, but it was epic. Awesome.
C. A.
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as first but a fun read.
B LUCKY
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-scifi
Love how it was peppered with historical factoids.
Jenette White
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: YOUNG ADULT
The Earth died when aliens rained thermonuclear warheads on her cities and sprayed the surface with a bio-terminator. A deadly poison drifted to every corner of the planet, threatening the last survivors with annihilation.

"For a soldier in Antarctica like Creed, there is only one way to keep breathing untainted air. He must join the Jelk Corporation as an assault trooper, leaving the planet for outer space. In return for his and other people’s services, the Jelk will house the last humans for a
Mike Nemeth
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My head was still in space opera mode when I noticed Vaughn Heppner had penned a sequel to "Assault Troopers," a fast-action world-is-taken-over-by-aliens novel. "Planet Strike" follows the exploits of now Commander Creed, a former con who has taken over his alien master's ship after winning and escaping a huge interstellar battle. He returns to earth to try and save what's left of humanity. But Creed never gets a break. The Lokhars, who look like big bipedal tigers, return with some simian free ...more
Justin
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series is epic! I cant fathom people who could give this under 4 stars. Yeah it has spelling mistakes but other then that it is fine story telling.
There seems to be 3 types of sci-fi space opera alien invasion type books.

First you have the John Ringo like Hard sci-fi that has more plausible views on what space technology would be like but i find boring "like 12 hours for a missle to hit" and explaining every pecie of tech in detail , then there is somewhere in between hard sci-fi and star t
Julian
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Another fantastic addition to the series. I enjoyed every page. The dialogue is just fantastic between our main character and the various aliens he comes in contact with. The banter with N7 which I loved in the last book wasn't there now that he is an ally but instead it is with the trumped up tiger admirals and the foes he comes across. The forerunner tech, the artefact, the planet, are all really fresh and interesting ideas rather than your run of the mill space or land battle form of space op ...more
Rick Rider
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
As with Assault Troopers this book pushes the number of and frequency of coincidences and blind luck to the extreme. It's as if Heppner can't figure out how to extract his hero from the situation, so he creates the one and only possibility of a successful outcome to occur in the most unlikeliest of circumstances. I'm ok with that to a point, I just feel it gets a bit overdone.

Overall, I find the story to be good. Engaging writing with good character development (and sticking to that throughout t
Jeb
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
First of all, this series qualified as a summer read book. Action moves things forward with little detail about how that movement is accomplished. So, there's little military tactic, explanation, etc. It's not designed like a Tom Clancy novel if that's what you're into.

Recognizing this, I liked the first book quite a bit. The story line was solid enough, the twists weren't totally predictable, etc.

This, the second book, not so much. It was very predictable and, the underlying military premise of
Ralph Wark
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Second Heppner, a good read

I didn't find this as engaging as his latest effort, but it was entertaining with good concepts. Of course, it didn't help that I inadvertently went with the second book of the trilogy instead of the first, so I had a lot of catching up to do. Now I have to decide to catch up with the first or move on. Sigh. Definitely worth a read, he has a nice style and manages to write books in a trilogy that stand alone nicely.
GREGG  CORDELL
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good read

This book was the next in this series and it seems like the humans can't get a break let alone someone they can trust. The book was well written and had plenty of action at times he spoke of remembering old history battles that seemed to help him in his battles. All in all I think it was a great read and I would highly recommend giving the series a try. Nice job Mr Heppner.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Outrageous Fun Wow, this was so much fun. I know, I know there are things that could have been done better or things that have been done before. Be that as it may I loved this second installment of the Extinction Wars. Creed and his band of survivors/troopers are all here and I love them all. The things they go through to avenge and protect what’s left of the human race was amazing and over-the-top fun! Booyah
hazel dibble
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great New Author (to me!)

I hadn't read Vaughn Heppner before and choose the Extinction War books because they were free. I read both in 2 days and was disappointed Planet Strike was so New I'm going to have to wait for more! LInk the meantime I'm eagerly moving on to the rest of his books, free or otherwise. Highly recommend this author.
Chris
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Planet Strike keeps on coming at you...

I found it very difficult to put down Planet Strike, by Vaughn Heppner. I enjoyed the first book, Assault Troopers, but I doubly enjoyed Planet Strike. The twists and turns, as well as how the main character, Creed, overcomes the biggest obstacles is tremendously entertaining. I recommend this book.
Leonard Harris
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Who doesn't love a typical guy running around shooting aliens, outsmarting his enemies, and saving the universe.

Unfortunately that was what the first book was all about. Too much of a good thing.

This book does move the plot along a bit as some mysteries from the 1st are resolved.

Still fun overall.
Charlie  Martin
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I started this series hoping that it would not die half way through,and haven't been disappointed yet! excellent read! let's keep it going!!! I hope to be informed when the next one comes out!#! hint-hint!

• Banishment (The Forgotten Empire, #1)
  • USS Hamilton: Miasma Burn
  • Ashes of the Past (Ether War #2)
  • Insurgent (First Colony #10)
  • Forsaken (Ether War #3)
  • Direct Fire (Drop Trooper, #4)
  • Fatal Fringe (Ether War, #1)
  • Ship Wrecked II (Ship Wrecked #2)
  • Edge World (Undying Mercenaries #14)
  • The Battle For Earth (The Forgotten Empire, #3)
  • Attack Plan Alpha (Blood on the Stars #16)
  • Last Sentinel (Ether War #5)
  • Harbinger (First Colony, #9)
  • Deception (Ether War #4)
  • Rising Force (Ascension, #5)
  • Home World (Undying Mercenaries, #6)
  • Home Front (Drop Trooper Book, #5)
  • The Pandora Paradox (Omega Force #12)
You can visit Vaughn at www.vaughnheppner.com

I was born in Canada and remember as a small boy crawling in my snow-fort. I closed my eyes, and when I tried to open them, they were frozen shut. I didn't panic, but wiped away the ice crystals, unglued my eyes and kept on building my tunnel. Those were great days! I moved to Central California before seventh grade and couldn't believe I lived in a lan

Extinction Wars (5 books)
  • Assault Troopers (Extinction Wars, #1)
  • Star Viking (Extinction Wars, #3)
  • Fortress Earth (Extinction Wars #4)
  • Target Earth (Extinction Wars #5)

News & Interviews

“I drew it, showing him the Bowie. “With this blade, I will personally peel off your skin and nail it to my bedroom floor. Every time I think of you, I’ll wipe my feet on the fur.” 3 likes
“You’re asking me to join you as a suicide trooper?” I asked. “For the sake of our universe,” Venturi said, “yes.” “No,” I said. “I don’t give a shit about the universe.” 1 likes