Start by marking “Anomaly (Schrodinger's Consortium, #1)” as Want to Read:
Anomaly (Schrodinger's Consortium, #1)

Anomaly

(Schrodinger's Consortium #1)

Reality is only an illusion.
Except for those who can control it…

Worst. Birthday. Ever.

My first boyfriend dumped me—happy birthday, Josie!—my dad is who knows where, I have some weird virus that makes me want to hurl, and now my ex is licking another girl’s tonsils. Oh, and I’m officially the same age as my brother was when he died. Yeah, today is about as fun-filled as
Published November 25th 2014 by Entangled Publishing

Ben Alderson
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW TIME TEHEHE.

So I read Anomaly this month and let me just tell you IT BLEW ME AWAY.
I will not be spoiling anything BUT I will give you a run down on what you will and can expect in this book.
HOT MAIN BOY LEAD
EXTREMELY UNIQUE SUPER 'ABILITIES'
SECRETS AND LIES
A GOVERMENT AGENCY YOU CAN NOT TRUST
HIGH SCHOOL ISSUES
ROMANCE
GEEKY AWESOME LEAD

AND TO TOP IT OFF AMAZING WRITING FROM THE AUTHOR!
The author Tonya is a beautiful and wonderful human being and I literally can not wait to read other work
Kassidy
Nov 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the characters, but the plot was a little boring up until the end. I'm interested to see where the story goes in the next books.
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
****4.5/5 Stars****

Anomaly was fast paced, had me completely addicted and was so much fun! I flew through the pages, I became attached and connected to the characters, I swooned over the romance, and the abilities/powers we learned about was beyond unique! This book was such a huge win, and I can't wait to see how it all wraps up in this duology!
Her safe little world had to be disrupted, and I was the one chosen to drag her into hell. It was my responsibility to keep her alive and in check. H
Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog)
This review was updated on A Weebish Book Blog as part of my TBT Review feature. Review publishes on 12/28/2017

When I picked up ANOMALY, I didn’t take much time to read the synopsis, I was mostly drawn to the pretty cover. People always say, “don’t judge a book by its cover,” but sometimes, the cover is what captures our attention. It didn’t prepare me for the hilarious dialogue, the awesome geeky main character, or the impressive Big Bang Theory references.

The Oculi create reality through obser
Ayah
My Review:

I received and e ARC of Anomaly from Entangled Teen via NetGalley and YA Bound Blog in exchange with an honest review.

Anomaly is a book that captures your attention just like that; when you are only a few pages in!

Not only is the plot absolutely original, but also the character development is incredible .

I found Josie always confused with the way she feels towards her mother. At first it was a bit confusing to read, but as the story went on, Josie became a bit stronger and started to
Benni
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Review: http://bennitheblog.com/bookbiters/an...

Josie is your typical nerd and honor student, except not typical at all, as she is poised to accept the National Physics Honors Award.

But her seventeenth birthday is Grade-A Awful. Her boyfriend Tate dumps her, her dad can’t be bothered to come home, and Josie has come down with a virus that makes her want to throw up. On top of that, she’s the same age as her older brother was when he died in a car accident, and she will never stop missing him.

Thi
Alexandra Harris
**I Received this book for an honest review**

Okay, this book started off rough for me, and since I'm not into star wars or the weird pop culture references in this book, it was a bit hard for me to enjoy and completely connect. For me that is a big book turn off, I like when authors add real life experiences and quarks that make characters have detailed personalities, but unfortunately for me, it made it truly difficult to sync with the world building.

I hate being confused, I love surprises and
Gabrielle
I loved this book!!!! Sooo good I enjoyed the concept and the world I loved Reid and Josie and ugh so good it was so funny and the twist at the end? Never saw it coming!! The ending was so epic and action packed the characters felt so real to me I cannot wait for the sequel !!!!
Valerie
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, how I've missed a good YA book. And this one is definitely a good one. Such great strong characters, a unique story and a few twists along the way - it was just what I needed to be excited about reading YA again.

Characters. Josie is the perfect strong main character. She's smart and resistent. She's overwhelmed with the things happening around her but she's rising to the occasion. Her mistakes teach her. AND she's falling for the gorgeous, bada$$ trainer. I love Reid. All his secrets that ar
♥Jessica, ♥Lady of the Library♥
I am like 80% sure this is gonna be the next popular thing.
Monica
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars ... This review was originally posted on Avid Reviews: http://www.avidfantasyreviews.com

I always get excited when I come across a young adult (YA) novel with a female protagonist who is both strong willed and extremely intelligent, and Josie definitely fits into this category. Anomaly contains elements of both YA paranormal and science fiction with a basis in our current understanding of scientific principles, and I loved that Josie was the character Kuper used most often to explain th
Melliane
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was immediately drawn to the summary when I read it. The novel seemed very different from what we are used to read and I must admit that the first sentence immediately reminds me of Matrix. I immediately thought of a story that would impress me, something unique like the Inception movie. In short you can imagine that I expected much of this novel. In the end I must say that it is not as unique as I thought, this is not that amazing, but I still had a good t
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entangled-teen
Anomaly Review on K-Books

Anomaly was one of those books that I couldn't wait to read right from the moment that I first heard about it. I've been a huge fan of all things Entangled Teen since their beginning and when I heard about their new book Anomaly, and then saw the cover I just couldn't wait to read it. I was so beyond excited when I got my hands on an ARC. Anomaly was not a disappointment. I absolutely loved it.

Josie never expected her life to change as drastically as it does when she tur
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
The wonderful cover of this book, combined with the well-written blurb, does an excellent job of luring us in by promising a book both hilarious and filled with adventure and romance. However, Anomaly doesn’t quite live up to the promise. There is, admittedly, a decent amount of adventure, but romance is far from satisfactory, and the promised humor strangely absent.

Josie is having the worst day of her life, and who cares that it’s her 17th birthday? Certainly not her slimy boyfriend who decides
Shelley
*I received this book for free from Entangled Teen via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.*

*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

Anomaly is the first novel in the Schrodinger's Consortium series and author Tonya Kuper's first full length novel. Anomaly is told in alternating first POV's by 17-year old Josie Harper, and Reid Wentworth her trainer, protector, and powerful Anomaly. Ku
Erin
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wasn't too sure about this book at first when I requested it, however I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. There was definitely a great storyline going for this book and adding to that, it also has some great and entertaining characters that I think a lot of readers will like by the time they finish this book, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from this series in the future.

* Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a review copy of this book!
Kate Brauning
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, funny, fast-paced! Can't wait for more from Kuper. Jennifer Armentrout fans beware-- here's your new favorite.
Nazurka
Schrodinger's Consortium 01. Anaomaly - Tonya Kuper
Actionreicher und fantastischer Auftakt einer vielversprechenden Serie!

Anomaly

Klappentext:

"Reality is only an illusion. Except for those who can control it…

Worst. Birthday. Ever.

My first boyfriend dumped me – happy birthday, Josie!- my dad is who knows where, I have some weird virus that makes me want to hurl, and now my ex is licking another girl’s tonsils. Oh, and I’m officially the same age as my brother was when he died. Yeah, today is about
Stephanie Ward
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Anomaly' is the thrilling first book in a new young adult science fiction/fantasy series that fans of the genre will certainly want to read. The book follows our main characters - Josie, our female heroine who's having the worst seventeenth birthday ever, only to have it become worse when she meets Reid - the incredibly hot new guy at school. Reid turns Josie's already screwed up life upside down when he tells her that she is an Oculi - a person who has the ability to change reality with their ...more
Ri Tam
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-arc
This review was originally posted on my blog, Hiver et Cafe
Check out the post for a giveaway with 4 prizes for this book!

I received an e-ARC of this novel to review as part of the blog tour. This does not affect my opinion whatsoever. This review is my honest opinion and I was not compensated in any way in exchange for this review.

This book has a really interesting concept. The series is named Schrodinger's Consortium, after the physicist, Schrodinger, who created the famous Schrodinger's Ca
Lorna
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Young Adult science fiction anyone? I never thought I would read YA, but I am finding more and more that are well written, with very creative premises. This book fit right in with that.

It's Josie's seventeenth birthday, her boyfriend breaks up with her, her dad has been missing for awhile, her summer placement has fallen through, and out of the blue, two extremely good looking guys show up at her school. And actually, that was a laugh out loud scene at one point for me. At a party later on that
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

ACTUAL RATING: 3.5 Stars

MY THOUGHTS
I really had no idea what to expect from this book. In fact, I knew very little about it. But I ended up really enjoying this book!

This book is about Josie, who is having a very suckish birthday. Her boyfriend just dumped her (on her frexing birthday!) and her dad hasn't even called to wish her a happy birthday. It gets worse, though, when she begins to develop abilities that she didn't know she had. T
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I'd like to thank Entangled Teen for providing me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

So this is one of those book that starts out with a bang. We're pushed right into Josie's world that takes a turn for the worst, and right on her birthday when her boyfriend decides to break up with her! Worst way to start it, right? But right from the start I knew that there were great things waiting for Josie, so I
Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books
This book had a unique, interesting premise. It's hard to find an original paranormal book anymore. Well, the paranormal ability is rather unique, but the plot isn't so much. It's not bad at all, but it follows the typical plot of random girl finds out she has special powers and that omg, she's like the best at the special powers and now she has to save everyone!

Cute love interest, but nothing super swoon-worthy. This book is told mostly from Josie's POV, but also occasionally from Reid's POV.
Brittany
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
A PDF of this book was given to me in exchange for a review. This review is spoiler free.

Typically, when you finish reading a book in a series, you want to be left with feeling of desperation. A kind of desperation that can only be soothed by the receiving of the next book in the series so you can find out what happened to the characters you have grown to love.

Did this book leave me with that feeling? It did.

I would absolutely love to have the next book in this series so I can learn more abou
Chay
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hmm... What did i think of Anomaly? It was great rather awesome! The whole i have so much power and i could literally do stupendous things kept me intrigued. And don't even get me started with Reid goodness gracious i think he was my favorite character in the whole book.
Anomaly started off incredibly funny with Josie breaking up with her boyfriend and not even shedding a tear. Even though, it was her birthday, what a jerk. Then, when she met Reid...
500.gif
Yeah that was pretty much my face to sum it
Kimber Wheaton
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Anomaly is an interesting, fun read. Full of science, action, and humor, this is a fast-paced novel with a rather original plot line. I think it's safe to say there was never really a dull moment during this story.

I loved Josie. Super smart, sassy, snarky, and a self-proclaimed dork, she is one of the best heroines I've come across this year. You can get an idea of her personality from the book blurb. Yeah, every scene from her
Ty Wilson
I don't read a lot of YA, nor do I read a lot of Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, but I quite enjoyed this one. I really liked Josie, the heroine, a geek girl through and through. It was her voice that drew me in and kept me turning pages as the story flew along. It's a fast-paced read and the romance angle never overwhelms the story. This is Tonya Kuper's first novel and the start of a promising new series.
Gabi
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really really enjoyed this book. I was on this contemporary swing for a while so I am glad that I am back on the fantasy train. it was a great book for book-lovers or people just starting to read.
kariny v
*I RECEIVED A FREE COPY FROM THE PUBLISHER IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

Josie had the typical life-sucks thing going on until bad boy Reid shows up on a motorcycle intent of convincing her she has special powers. When the evidence gets to strong to ignore, Josie is thrust into the unknown of the Oculi world with a target on her back. Her consolation prize? A hot trainer. But as Reid and Josie train, their feelings for each other grow but things are standing in their way.  Like a certain so
  • Locked (Locked, #1)
  • Salt (Salt, #1)
  • Angel Dust
  • Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3)
  • Knight Assassin
  • India Dark
  • Poltergeeks (Poltergeeks, #1)
  • The Seeing
  • Neptune's Tears (Timedance, #1)
  • Fever (Parallon Trilogy, #1)
  • Predators of Darkness: Aftermath: Book One of the Darkness Series
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Mister Creecher
  • The Haunting of Tabitha Grey
  • Tyme's End
  • Lorali
  • The Rising (Department 19, #2)
  • Of Sea and Stone
Tonya Kuper is the author of Anomaly (2014) and the sequel, Enigma (2017), published by Entangled Teen/Macmillan. She lives in Omaha, Nebraska with her two rad boys and husband, is a music junkie, a Star Wars fan, & all around nerd.

Schrodinger's Consortium (2 books)
  • Enigma (Schrodinger's Consortium, #2)
“Nerds don't know they're nerds. I know I'm a... well, I prefer to be called a dork, thank you.” 8 likes