Start by marking “Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper” as Want to Read:
Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper

Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Jack the Ripper represents the most puzzling unsolved case in history. Pamela West's C.I.D. Inspector West relates in diary entries the gruesome details of the murderseach more brutal and horrific then the one before. Author West has gone to great lengths to provide accurate detail and authentic 19th-century atmosphere, and her introspective, astute Inspector West is a mar ...more
Published October 1st 1987 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper

Melissa
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mmm-2017
The best historical novel on Saucy Jack that I have ever read! A must read for an Ripperologist.
Darren L.
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
This starts really well -- interesting and told by a charming first person character (West). The details are phenomenal -- suggesting a remarkable amount of research. I'm not a Ripper-ologist, so I don't know how accurate the research was, but it felt intuitively to ring true. The problem (and the reason for 3 stars instead of more) is that as the book progresses, it falls apart. From realistic and gritty to dreamy and metaphoric. From probably to unlikely. From a non-fiction flair to a purely f ...more
April
Oct 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was ok but I think I'd prefer reading a books of facts than this book. I like the concept of getting the story from the perspective of someone living through it.....in fact, I think it would be a good idea for more than one person's view point who lived through that time but this book....just not good enough for me personally. I had a hard time not being bored while reading it I'm sorry to say.
Mell
Apr 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this book in high school, at the suggestion of my mom. This novel is a fictional account (well researched) about the possible identity of the serial killer and what might have really happened behind the scenes.
The Big
Jul 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Entertaining - and at places, truly horrifying - read. Spoiled only by the appearance of certain historical figures which had nothing to do with the Jack the Ripper case - like John Merrick, for example, and somewhat contrived secondary romantic plot.
Nancy  W'f
Jul 16, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Ripper fans
It was all right, but I have never liked present tense writing and I have never been particularly interested in Jack the Ripper. I picked it up because I enjoyed her book about Madeleine Smith.
Mary Follis
His first killing was August 29, 1888. This is a 100th anniversary book. Eventually pins it on Prince Eddie and a Freemason coverup.
Mel