Start by marking “Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)” as Want to Read:
Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)

Game Changer

(Bomb Squad #3)

The author of Undefeated and Risky Business has another sexy hero for you to meet…

Welcome to Destiny Falls, New York, home of Bomb Squad—an ice hockey team full of rugged military heroes. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity has the team captain packing his bags for greener pastures, but saying good-bye to the woman who’d captured his heart is easier said than done…

After bei
Published May 19th 2015 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Game Changer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Changer

Start your review of Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

This is going to ruin our friendship."
The fire in his eyes threatened to incinerate them both where they stood. "Baby, we were never meant to be friends."

Oh. Oh wow. This book. What a perfectly pleasant surprise this was. Admittedly, my inner cover whore first caught her eye on that cover, because c'mon, have you seen that cover. So of course I was thinking I'm getting another hot hockey player and manwhore and the woman that denies him so he wants her even more. What I got
Catarina
4 Game Changing Stars.

Brandon, ex-veteran, victim of a combat wound that left him with a prosthetic leg, lives life with no regrets and that includes no commitment and a lot of unmemorable woman.
His best-friend Harper, also going through a rough phase is the opposite. When life starts to change forcing them apart, they made a deal, they’ll have a no strings attached relationship for a few days as “a goodbye”, and then they’ll keep going with their lives as if nothing ever happened.
What they k
~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★★

I don't really know what I was expecting when I started reading this book, I especially didn't expect it to be such an emotive read nor such a thought provoking story. I would describe it as a contemporary romance/women's fiction, that needs to be read when you are in the right frame of mind. It was not an easy read but a very fulfilling one.

Brandon is a transtibial amputee, a war veteran who is now a male model (think Alex Minsky who I believe was the inspiration.) He is a
Claire Robinson
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Surfboard and Stumpy." Stars!

This book touched a chord with me, I think the subject matter and the way the author dealt with it hit every emotional trigger that I have. But in a good way. This is a book about acceptance and living life to the fullest, loving yourself, allowing others to love you and understanding that it is okay to show weakness, to rely on those that care for you, and that facing your fears makes you a stronger and more resilient person for it.

Melissa Cutler has taken the
Samantha
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes we have to cut ourselves deep to realize what is standing right in front of us. I've calmed my emotional storm and rapidly beating heart to finally be able to write this review. Finding a starting point is hard because I just all around enjoyed the story. I love when a novel surprises you and makes you love it when you didn't think you would. I fell in love with the story and the characters which is why I'm giving Game Changer a glowing and perfect 5 stars.

Brandon Theroux and Harper J
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Game Changer by Melissa Cutler was one of those reads that captured the true raw emotions and what truly matters in life. This book was such an emotional read for me but at the same time it was breathtakingly beautiful. I really didn't know what to expect when I decided to read this book since I thought it was a sport romance book just looking at the cover but this book was so much more. The cover alone does not do this book
WhiskeyintheJar
Rejane
SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
It took me 9 long days to finish this. The whole book felt as big fake of feeling and action.
The heroine was a piece of work. The hero was better. He was the usual romance (although this book is far from being considered romance) male character. The plot was extremely poor executed (actually, if the author made an assassin kill the heroine's family, instead of killing all the women of cancer and her father being killed in the war, maybe this book would be less
Sunny
ARC Review - 4.5 stars

Originally posted at Love Affair with an E-Reader

I discovered Melissa Cutler’s books last year. I completely devoured her Catcher Creek series and have been a huge fan of the Bomb Squad books. Her ability to get emotionally deep with her characters captures me. This book has me hooked in so many ways, but what I love most about this story is Harper.

In so many stories that feature a sports character, you can imagine the hero as larger than life. Don’t get me wrong, Brandon
Pat
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This third in the series of The Bomb Squad is not all about hockey. The team members are still all together, and
Brandon's and Harper love/hate relationship is still going on......lots of unexpected events changed this book into a testament of love, new starts and forever friendships. Full review to follow on http://www.tbqsbookpalace.com.
Janet
Hard one to rate--I liked it but I would have liked more couple time and SPOILERS, it's not my fave kind of ending. At all. That may be a personal prejudice. Let's say 3 1/2 stars. I received a netgalley copy in exchange for reviewing it, which I did at Heroes and Heartbreakers. Here's my review (quite long, be warned).

Sometimes when I read that a wounded warrior is the hero, I mutter, another day, another hero. I wonder what will be different about this o
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Wow! This author continually amazes me on how she writes such deep topics in such a fun and relaxed manner. So far the Bomb Squad series has shown us what life can be like for our wounded warriors to return home with a traumatic brain injury (Risky Business book #1) and the ravages of PTSD (Undefeated book #2). In Game Changer book #3 we get Brandon's story and how losing a leg in battle has shaped his life. She doesn't stop there though. We also get the female characte
Anna's Herding Cats

oh...mygod. So good.

Game Changer. So, so, much more than I expected. And I was expecting an awesome sexy read to begin with so that's saying something. I really loved everything about this one as Brandon and Harper screw things up, patch them back together and figure out what the hell is really important in life.

So. Why this one rocked so much awesome...

I love the set up of this series. *noms* Military men who have overcome tremendous odds and injuries from war--they're all amputees of some
GraceMyBookSnack
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc-galley
Review also posted originally at My Book Snack

Simply put, Melissa Cutler blew my mind away with Game Changer!
(non-spoiler review)

As a fan of the Bomb Squad series from the beginning, I was very eager to get to Harper and Brandon’s story. All along we were teased with a little insight into how things are with these two. They can’t resist a friendly bet. Brandon Theroux, the hockey team captain/personal trainer living the playboy lifestyle has had it bad for bar owner Harper Johnson. Despite their
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

For five years, Brandon Theroux and Harper Johnson have been in a flirtatious holding pattern. The two actually attempted to date once, which didn’t turn out so well. Brandon has tried on several occasions to make Harper one of his many conquests. Harper knows Brandon isn’t the forever type of guy and she wants the forever kind of love. They live to push each other buttons.

Game Changer, the third book in the Bomb Squad Series, is full of surprises
Diane Lynch
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
Military hero and minor celebrity Brandon Theroux moves away from Destiny Falls to appear on a reality television show leaving behind Harper Johnson.

Game Changer is my favorite Bomb Squad story yet! Melissa Cutler continues to outdo herself.

I loved hearing Brandon and Harper’s story. Those two have been egging each other on with their continuous bets since book one. The chemistry between the two has always been entertaining; Brandon not wanting to settle down and Harper not wanting to be a notch
The Brunette Bookworm
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars

Game Changer by Melissa Cutler is an incredibly moving, beautiful story of survival, self-acceptance, courage and the power of love.

I did not like the hero, Brandon, at all at first. He was a skeevy manwhore who seemed only to be interested in getting into the heroine, Harper's pants. I just couldn't really understand their relationship. And that first sex scene between them was the most uncomfortable, awkward and awful one I've ever read. I've read A LOT of romances over the years a
Irene
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

Game Changer was an emotional and heartfelt read.

I loved Harper, she was such a strong and likable character.
I admired how she dealt with everything that was going on in her life, she truly touched my heart. I shed a few tears on more than one occasion.

And then we have Brandon... Let me say I was not a fan, I didn't like him much in the beginning and I was worried how I was going to continue reading because I couldn't connect with him.
Then I started to see the real man behind the play
Kame
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars

I couldn't put it down

I intended to read a contemporary romance to entertain myself - what I got was a thought provoking book on finding true love and how to seize life and enjoy every moment.

Harper will stay with me for a long time

I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley and this is my honest review.

A longer review will appear closer to release - please if you are a fan of the series preorder
Danielle
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked Harper and brandon but it took forever for them to get together finally. The story was a bit on the heavy side for me and not enough of romancing. They keep side stepping around each other. I wish their relationship was a bit more to begin with but they both had issues to work out. I am looking forward to the next book in the series in hopes its more lighter and fun.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
10/16/2015 --

The premise just didn't work for me. It was a serious book wrapped up in stupid. Just couldn't get past that and settle in. I'm DNF'ing this with no rating.

Hope it works out better for others.

Happy Reading!!
Cath
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)

Game Changer, the third book in the Bomb Squad Series, is full of surprises and not at all what I thought the book was going
Pam
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have been looking forward to this book since the beginning of this trilogy. Brandon and Harper have been working toward their own story and I truly enjoyed it.

Harper is the owner of a bar in Destiny Falls, NY. She has owned it for several years and it is the hangout for the Bomb Squad, the local hockey team.

Brandon is one of the wounded warriors who lives in town, the Bomb Squad team members were drawn here over the years to play hockey and they have grown very close. Brandon has liked living
Tracey
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Harper Johnson and Brandon Theroux have what you might call a 'complicated' relationship. Harper, local bar owner, and Brandon, decorated war veteran and captain of the local hockey team, have spent years dancing around each other, constantly fanning the flame of their attraction to each other. When life-changing events arise in each of their lives, will the spark grow or quietly go out?

I started reading this book and I could NOT put it down. Melissa Cutler has taken a very real, very sober
CL
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

Rating: 5*

Cover: Yay

Chemistry Rating: Simmering

POV: 3rd Person

One-Sentence Summary: Bickering pals turn into bad lovers turn into best friends turn into crazy, hot, made-for-each-other lovers

Review:THIS IS THE BOOK I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! Ever since I first met Brandon and Harper in Risky Business I have been looking forward to this book and it definitely didn't disappoint!

The UST and to-ing and fro-ing was everything I longed for but the biggest surprise of the book for me was just ho
Jonel
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This was a well-crafted and enjoyable read. Cutler combines the light-heartedness of a romance with the trials and difficulties of life. I enjoyed the intricate manner in which she develops the world surrounding her characters. Everything came to life in a realistic manner that really allowed me to focus on the story at hand.

I’ll admit that it took me a bit to warm up to the characters in this novel. But once I got to know them, the main couple in this novel really tugged at my heart. I thorough
Sharon Redfern
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in an excellent series by Melissa Cutler. In this book, feisty bar owner Harper gives into her long running lust for Brandon only to find that they are dudsville in bed. Harper and Brandon have been having the worlds longest episode of foreplay so it's a shock when they don't combust together. Deciding that they will be better off as friends, Brandon goes off to be a TV bachelor and Harper stays in their hometown running her bar. Harper has serious medical issues and when ...more
Marialee
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
***ARC Received from Penguin Group via NetGalley for a honest review***

This is the first Bomb Squad book that I have read and I am looking to read the others now.

This book was not what I thought it was going to be. It was more! This book will teach you how to live life to the fullest no matter what obstacles get in the way. It will teach you have to grab life by the horns and to run with it when things look bad.

Brandon is a veteran that was injured in combat and is ready to spread his wings and
Rachael Orman
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I was so excited for this book.. Sport, Military, Romance... Perfect combination??? Not so much here.

For me this book got really heavy into a topic that was completely unexpected (and personal for me)... Although it portrayed a very real, very hard subject, I also felt like it slowed the story WAAAAAAAAY down. It was supposed to be romance and to me we didn't really get to romance except for a splash here or there until after 75+% of the book.

I found myself skimming parts that were re
« previous 1 3 next »
Book Giveaways: E-Book Giveaway 1 11 Jun 17, 2015 11:23AM

• All Grown Up
  • The Protector: Mac (Cover Six Security, #1)
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #1)
  • Field of Pleasure (New York Sabers Football, #3)
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • Love in the Moment (The McCormicks #1)
  • Tattered Loyalties (Talon Pack, #1)
  • Whisper of Love (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Whisper of Surrender (Whisper Lake, #2)
  • Her Dominant SEAL (Midnight Delta, #6)
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse)
  • Whisper of Attraction (Whisper Lake, #3)
  • A Christmas Homecoming (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #5)
  • Christmas Nights (Diamond Creek, Alaska, #6)
  • All Fired Up (Road to Love, #3)
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Rancher's Wild Secret (Gold Valley Vineyards, #1)
Melissa Cutler knows she has the best job in the world, dividing her time between her dual passions for writing sexy contemporary romances and edge-of-your-seat romantic suspense for Harlequin, Penguin, St. Martin's Press, and Kensington Books.

She was struck at an early age by an unrelenting travel bug and is probably planning her next vacation as you read this. When she's not globetrotting, she's

Bomb Squad (3 books)
  • Risky Business (Bomb Squad #1)
  • Undefeated (Bomb Squad, #2)

News & Interviews

“There are times I wish things hadn’t changed between us. Sometimes I wish I didn’t know..." - Harper. "Know what? That's we're perfect for each other?" - Brandon” 0 likes
“I was a fool for ever thinking I could live with letting you be the one who got away.” 0 likes