Start by marking “Burning Up the Ice (International Men of Sports, #5)” as Want to Read:
Burning Up the Ice (International Men of Sports, #5)

Burning Up the Ice

(International Men of Sports #5)

Book Five in the International Men of Sports

Two men, two very different sports and one rink—sharing ice has never been so hot.

Olivier ‘Big Bang’ St Pierre is back in his hometown while he recovers from being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hockey’s a contact sport—still, he didn’t count on the locker room being dangerous. As a professional hockey player, he also didn
ebook
Published February 7th 2014 by Totally Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Burning Up the Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Up the Ice

Chris, the Dalek King
Olivier St. Pierre loves playing hockey. Even if he knows that if you’re going to play the game you kinda got to expect to get hurt. But usually he’s expecting it on the ice, not in the locker room. When a fight between two guys on his team lands Olivier with a screwed up knee and a ticket to the operating table, he is not exactly feeling the love in return. Neither is he feeling all that lucky when he comes back to his hometown to find that ice time seems to be scarcer than a mean word on a Can ...more
Morgan  Skye
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Olivier is “out” but not necessarily vocal about it as he’s a professional hockey player. He gets injured and returns home to heal. When the normal rink has problems he turns to a smaller, family owned rink to practice. He finds Ethan there, a guy he knew as a kid, and a wall of resentment.

Ethan is too small to play pro hockey, but he’s got mad skills. He turns to curling for an outlet, but is often ridiculed by the hockey players he envies. When Olivier does the same, he hits him with attitude.
multitaskingmomma
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Original Blog Post:http://headouttheoven.blogspot.com/20...

My Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars

Burning Up The Ice is the fifth installment to the International Men of Sports series by authors T.A. Chase and Devon Rhodes. This is a fantastic duo of authors whose coming together has given us a delicious taste of men romancing men in the world of sports. When they first started out this series, it was unimaginable to think that these men would actually come out and enjoy their lives as they have the right to.
Nic
Olivier St Pierre (what a wonderful name!) is a professional Ice Hockey player who is visiting his home town to recuperate from injuries that required major surgery. He needs private practice time to build up his strength and gets this by using the ice at Ethan’s family’s rink which is run by Ethan and his sister.

This was a sweet story, nothing too angsty just nice characters falling in love with some hot sex!

There were also some cute, funny lines. Here’s what follows after Ethan gives his frien
Suze
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won from authors on Sid Love blog
Probably somewhere between 3/3.5 for me.
I liked it, enjoyed the wintery sports aspects and there was Zamboni-kink!
I was a bit up and down over the relationship between Olivier and Ethan and wanted to know more about how Olivier's team reacted to he and Ethan.
I ended up wanting to have a bigger story about these two but liked what I got!
DL
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked it but not really 3 stars worth. I thought the relationship was just sex so it was surprising to read that the guys were really into each other long term. There was no indication of that other than them stating it. Zamboni sex must be a universal hockey fan fantasy. lol. My biggest peeve was the blow up near the end with Brad. It came out of nowhere and never was resolved. Is he going to get his own story or are we just left hanging? Oh, and size. It does matter; judging by the way teams ...more
Bitchie
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, athletes
Sweet, low angst read.
Pat
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
Until the guys had sex in the Zamboni, I was more than okay with this story. After that? I was a little uneasy because I was waiting for something else jarring and unrealistic to happen. Fortunately, nothing did.

When the Saskatoon Canada municipal skating rink becomes inoperable, only two other rinks are available: the private membership only club and Campbell's public rink. Once the happening place, Campbell's clientelle is now made up of curling teams and not much public business.

However, wi
Crissy Smith
Wow! I just reread this book as I am catching up this week with the others in the series. I'd forgotten how much I laughed while reading this.

Hockey and Curling, I'm not sure how close these sports are, or if there is a rivalry but if it's anything like our boys in this book, I hope they are just as hot.

Even with the sports, family, and all the fun in the book this story is character driven with such strong cast that I would like to insist our author go back! Go back and write more! Lol! Pleas
Stephanie
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Awww, this was such a sweet story! Really enjoyed it.
Paws
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey
Loved this book! Of course having to do with hockey really helped with that. But just generally the characters and being a great story was awesome. <3
Bernadette
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
What Canadian can resist a hockey story, especially one set on the prairies. Go Oilers Go!
Lainy122
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, trashy-romance
I don't know much about hockey and even less about curling, but I still very much enjoyed this book.
Andrea
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
endofmarch
Sep 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
I survived through this only by livetweeting it.
Regencyfan93
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
I do love some ice hockey.
Anke
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Nicely flowing along until an end that wasn't and then the epilogue: time-gap of 9 months didn't fit and the content was more like the real end.
Apr 02, 2014
Mar 21, 2017
Laurie
Jun 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.

International Men of Sports (8 books)
  • A Sticky Wicket in Bollywood (International Men of Sports, #1)
  • Chasing the King of the Mountains (International Men of Sports, #2)
  • At First Touch (International Men of Sports, #3)
  • Blindsided (International Men of Sports, #4)
  • Serving Love At Carnival (International Men of Sports, #6)
  • A Grand Prix Romance (International Men of Sports, #7)
  • An Ace in the Tiebreak (International Men of Sports, #8)