Start by marking “Rides a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Rides a Stranger

Rides a Stranger

(Bibliomysteries #12)

Kindle Edition, Bibliomysteries, 53 pages
Published November 19th 2013 by MysteriousPress.com/Open Road (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Rides a Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rides a Stranger

Molly
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bell's most personal work ever moved me so much that I found myself speechless after I read it. I was both surprised by and thankful for this beautiful ode to grief written in the form of a story about what it's like to lose a parent (or anyone for that matter). It's also a book I couldn't put down and read in one night. It isn't one I'll forget any time soon either.
Ray
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a well written simple tale. It was not what i expected. In reading it, I found a nice telling. It answered questions all people have about their parents. It was a sneaky good read.
Fictionophile
Don Kurtwood, a university literature professor goes home to attend his father's funeral. Father and son were never close. A love of books was their only common interest and even that was sketchy as Don loved the classics - real literature - and his Dad favoured pulp fiction, especially paperback westerns.

At the funeral reception Don is approached by a rotund little man who wants Don to visit his store later that same evening. He gives Don his card.

After a trying day, Don does go to the man's bo
Amanda Settell
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
I went on Amazon hoping to find a copy to buy but all they had was the e-book, turned out to be a good purchase because it got me through a slow day at work. Great little read when you need something to do but don't have enough time to start an in depth novel.
Michele
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short read, but a very touching one. It shows how little we sometimes know about the ones who are closer to us. It was my first book by this author but certainly not the last.
Parden
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
POST MORTEM...

Don hat die Liebe zu Büchern und zum Lesen von seinem Vater geerbt - mehr noch, er hat diese Liebe zu seinem Beruf gemacht und ist nun Literaturprofessor. Doch während er sich meist mit gehobener Literatur beschäftigt, liest sein Vater eher die trivialen Sachen: Bestseller, Krimis, Groschenromane, Western. Die vor allem. Kaum ein Raum im Haus der Eltern, der nicht vollgestopft wäre mit zerlesenen Büchern.

"Er las sie und er las sie noch einmal. Er kaufte immer mehrere Exemplare. Jed
The Cannibal
Le résumé était intéressant : un homme est mort, il était travailleur, fidèle, homme sans histoires, en fait. Par contre, son fils ne savait que peu de chose sur lui. Juste qu’il aimait lire les best-sellers… Un vrai lecteur compulsif.

Cette quête d’un fils qui aimerait en savoir plus sur son père, ce fils qui enquête dans le but de retrouver le… Ah ben, non, je peux pas vous le dire, ça ! Cela restera un secret, ce qu’il cherchait de son père. Z’avez qu’à le lire (ou me payer et je balance tout)
Anjanette
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 2014
really good family drama-type mystery
Gram
Cyber
Mar 11, 2016
Char Utyro
Mar 31, 2018
David Bell is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning suspense novelist. His most recent thriller from Berkley/Penguin is LAYOVER. His previous novels include SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER, BRING HER HOME, SINCE SHE WENT AWAY, SOMEBODY I USED TO KNOW, THE FORGOTTEN GIRL, NEVER COME BACK, THE HIDING PLACE, and CEMETERY GIRL. He is currently an Associate Professor of English at Western Kentucky University a ...more

Bibliomysteries (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • The Book of Virtue
  • The Scroll
  • Pronghorns of the Third Reich
  • An Acceptable Sacrifice
  • Death Leaves a Bookmark
  • Seven Years (Bibliomysteries)
  • The Book Thing