Start by marking “Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires, #13)” as Want to Read:
Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires, #13)

Blade Bound

(Chicagoland Vampires #13)

The thrilling final installment of Chloe Neill’s New York Times bestselling urban fantasy series sees a sinister sorcery advancing across Chicago, and it may usher in the fall of Cadogan House…

Since the night of her brutal attack and unwilling transformation to vampire, Merit’s stood as Sentinel and protector of Chicago’s Cadogan House. She's saved the Windy City from the
Published April 25th 2017 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Blade Bound, please sign up.
Cat Last book in the main series, but Neill recently shared that there would be a spin-off series: http://www.chloeneill.com/?p=7125
April
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Andreea Pop
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
For the first time, Ethan graces the cover of a CV novel. I'm gonna dieeeee.

IT'S THE LAST BOOK.

Beth
Merit and Ethan have had their ups and downs and have always come out on top but now they are up against some ancient magics that might just do them in for good.

Vampires, werewolves, sorcery oh my! What more could a girl ask for?

It is undeniable that Ethan’s and Merit’s love is a love that will survive the test of time...making it even harder to say goodbye to Merit, Ethan and crew. Neill has created a bunch of characters, primary as well as secondary characters, that have bloomed into life th
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

For me to feel completely satisfied with the CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES' conclusion, Chloe Neill needed to do three things: 1. Give Merit & Ethan their HEA. 2. Wrap-up the final arc. 3. Go out in style. Did BLADE BOUND pull it off? Yes, yes, and YES!

I liked that the author wasted no time in getting with the weddingpocalypse, and that it wasn't rushed for pacing reasons or ruined by sorcery. I'd expected the book to end on this note, so it was a nice surprise that readers
Ferdy
Boring.

There's not much point even mentioning the plot, it was the same rehashed cheesy-supernatural-villain-with-no-personality-does-evil-things-so-Merit-and-the-gang-save-the-day-and-nobody-but-the-bad-guys-die rubbish.

Merit was the biggest snowflake ever, example: (view spoiler)
Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)

The last book. It's finally over. Also, it's on Netgalley for all you people who are still following the series...

A fantastic ending to a long and worthy series. Lots of humor and action, with passionate characters working together to protect the city they love. We’ve got a wedding here, and of course a villain to fight, and even a (view spoiler). I’ve had fun but I’m ready to say goodbye. It’s time. However, I am very much looking forward to the spinoff! Love this author!

My favorite quote:
“Love doesn’t guarantee happiness or wealth or success. But if you’re willing to com
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

~Sigh~ so this is basically the last book for Ethan and Merit...at least for their story arc and I really hate to say that I was disappointed but I was. It's just the same ol' same ol' went on too long.

But kudos to Chloe Neill for ending the series especially when sooo many authors just go on and on. However, the Chicagoland Vampires will be continuing in a spin off series. If you don't want to be spoiled, *DO NOT READ THE BLURB*, it will definitely ruin things for you.

So...about t
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Loved it Loved it Loved it

There is never a dull moment in a life of Chicagoland vampire. There were so many battles, so many enemies, so much destruction. What could we possibly expect from the final installment? How about...

Yep. I'm not even joking. But let's leave that for a dessert, shall we?

It all began with a wedding I've been so waiting for. Oh, and for my future maid of honor's future reference, take notes from Mallory on organising my bachelorette party, ok? I do want a gorgeous shirtles
Ira
Dec 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
I will not stick around this long. I'm on book 7 and I just want some fucking closure!
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*The End*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I had expected a more different ending; the end of a thirteen length series. I had expected more of a closure and I would've like to see (view spoiler), but we only got more of the same. I do believe though, that the spinoff might be interesting to read. Though it wasn't all that surprising; quite predictable.

The characters:
Caroline ‘Merit’ ‘Mer’ Evelyn Merit (becomes vampire at 27, but is 29 in years), S
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

BLADE BOUND marks the end of the Chicagoland Vampires series. What a wild ride it’s been and while I know I will dearly miss these characters, Chloe Neill has done a wonderful job of wrapping up this series.

As one would expect, this book differs from all the other books in the series because it has a bittersweet feel to it. Merit and Ethan are looking to tie the knot and as the big day approaches, so does other trouble.

I didn’t believe for one second that Neill would make this book an easy rea
Its always a sad thing when a series you love comes to an end so Blade Bound is one of those bittersweet books that you almost don't want to read because once its over it's really OVER. I've been a fan of the Chicagoland Vampires for so many years now and I've loved every minute of it. Merit is such a brilliant character and I love her relationship with Ethan. They've learnt a lot both as individuals and as a couple and they've faced all kinds of dangers along the way. I guess it's probably abou ...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Blade Bound is the final book in the Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill.

Ms. Neill did a wonderful job wrapping up this series. It was nice to finally see Ethan and Merit tie the not, but with the big day coming closer, so does trouble. Their was mystery as well as action. I enjoyed seeing the gang; all the previous characters come together to help Merit.

I adored the wedding preparations, bridle shower, reception and the whole thing. It was done beautiful, but of course it don’t take lo
Jess
I have to wait an entire year?!
Fucking blasphemy.

Edit:

Guys. Guys! Look at that cover. ETHAN is gracing the cover of the final **tear** installment of the Chicagoland Vampires. My prayers have been answered...

After Reading

It felt a little rushed, but it was good. I can't offer much more than just "good" right now. Maybe my expectations were too high? But the plot seemed kind of out there, and I didn't get as much time with the wedding and (view spoiler) a
Francesca
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Le plus mauvais de la série, et c'est triste que ça tombe sur le dernier tome.
J'ai eu beaucoup de mal à le finir, tellement l'histoire est ennuyeuse, sans relief, jusqu'au bout. La fameuse prophétie dont j'attendais beaucoup est expédiée. Il n'y a que le début qui est mignon. Le reste ne sert à rien.
Très déçue qu'une de mes sagas préférées finisse aussi bas.
Meigan
The final book has METHAN on the cover, how fitting :)

*Counts towards the Cliterary Genius 2018 Reading Challenge - July - (7) Listen to an Audible book.
Cyndi
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ethan and Merits romance finally leads them down the alter. The whole time I’m reading the wedding scene I’m biting my nails. I know something will happen. But what? Arg!
Excellent story to end an amazing series. Now on to the next generation. Yay!!
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

This is a review I've been dreading for a long time. Not because the book is bad or something horrible happens to a beloved character. Nope. I've dreaded this because one of my all-time favorite series is coming to an end.

I wondered how Merit and Ethan's story was going to come to an end. Would their wedding go off without a hitch? Was Gabriel's prediction, from many books ago, going to come true? If it was, how was that possible? And more
Krista
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
ALL THE STARS. Blade Bound gets all. The. Stars.

I read Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1) a bunch of years ago when I was looking for something to fill the Sookie Stackhouse-sized hole left in my vampire book loving heart. I fell in love with the strong, plucky, bacon-loving Merit and her sire, the enigmatic Ethan Sullivan. Over the years they have been through more than any one couple should ever have to go through. No really. It's been RIDIC. But here we are, at the final Chicagoland V
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
If Nancy Drew was a vampire, this would be her series...

And so we limp to the bittersweet end of a long running series. The story takes on the familiar formula of all the more recent books; yet another mad, magical entity is once again threatening Chicago (twisted sorceress Sorcha Reed in a repeat performance). You've read various takes on this theme the last five or six books. At least Neill finally stopped calling Ethan 'boy'.

An expected event at the very beginning and the very end to tie up p
Under the Covers Book Blog
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

I didn’t believe for one second that Neill would make this book an easy rea
LIA  Kh.
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
He smiled, touched his forehead to mine. "I love you beyond reason."

That quite sum the last installment of this series. Merit and Ethan finally have their wedding and yes I'm quite impressed with bachelor party.... Is 80% contains of chocolate (^O^)

And love the ending! When I thought : this is it the last pages, I need to say goodbye.... Voila, there's a sequel for this series. I just can't wait to read it.

Chloe Neil one of my favorite author. Her writing style, her plot and storyline capture
Melissa
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
I was so looking forward to completing the last book in this series and then being able to put it to bed, so to speak....and you could after this one if you wanted. Merit and company did not disappoint in this one, with love, friendship, quick and unexpected plot twists, and as always a great adventure, but That ending, and the premise for the new spin off series, I'm completely onboard now to follow through with the next great adventure for Chicago!
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/04/review-...

Favorite Quote:
“Why do I feel like laughing?”

“Because this is horrible and uncomfortable and the best dark comedy ever written.”

Merit is back for her last showdown in the 13th and final installment of Chloe Neill’s best-selling urban fantasy series-Chicagoland Vampires. Neill takes us out in a style worthy of our favorite Sentinel with some laughter, sacrifice, sweet swordplay, plenty of magic, and lots of love. The whole ga
Robin
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
On the eve of Merit and Ethan's wedding, strange things are happening in Chicago. Some humans and vampires are hearing voices which are making them violent. Fights are breaking out throughout the city. On a warm August night, snow begins to fly. These are signs that the evil sorceress Sorcha has come back to wreak her vengeance against the vampires at Cadogan House. Ethan, Merit, and company must lead the fight to save Chicago.

This is the last book in the Chicagoland Vampires series. Some parts
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.5

*My Thoughts*

Blade Bound is the Thirteenth and final installment in Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series. It is a series that began in 2009, and got better and better as time flew by. Some Girls Bite was the book which kicked off my blogging career. It would take a few more years until Gizmos Reviews really came to life, but in the meantime, it was Chicagoland Vampires that had me looking forward to the next book in the series, and the next
Linda
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decent--and overdue--end to the series.

After the whole Ethan episode and the Mallory debacle, I lost much of my enthusiasm for the series. This final story gives us another peek at many of the major players, shows us some quality Ethan and Merit time, and wraps things up in a satisfactory manner.

The main plot, though? Kinda dull. The bad guys for the most part were polite enough to wreak havoc mostly while the vamps were awake, the conflicts were not that compelling, and there were some TSTL
Alexandra G.
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing

And another series that comes to an end. I'm sad about it, but at the same time I'm happy because it was time to finish it and it had a happy ending.

'Blade Bound' was good. Not exceptional, but good.
We have more magic, more evil plans and more action. That was one of the things that I enjoyed most about this book, the fact that after almost 15% it was mostly action. We jump from one thing to another and I wasn't bored. I admit that the beginning of the book kind of drags along.

What t
Graylark
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Good read, but rather unfulfilling as the last book in the series.
Jodi
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, kindle
It's nice when a series goes out on a high note and this one does. The whole gang gets together to fight the latest (and greatest and biggest and baddest) evil to threaten Chicago. Merit's wedding goes off without a hitch. It's after the wedding that things go to hell in a handbasket. Her wedding dress will never be the same, despite Helen's promise (threat?) to repair it. But we knew this is coming. Sorcha is back and she's not alone. This time the team is quicker on the uptake but not quicker ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect page count for ISBN: 2811224173 (ISBN13: 9782811224172) 3 13 Sep 01, 2017 07:54AM
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 19 Aug 31, 2017 10:28PM
  • Kicking It (Alex Craft, #2.5; Chicagoland Vampires, #8.25)
  • A Secret to Die For (Secret McQueen #8)
  • Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15)
  • Ride the Storm (Cassandra Palmer, #8)
  • Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Tempest Reborn (Jane True, #6)
  • Outtakes from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7.5)
  • Enslaved By the Others (H&W Investigations, #6)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Heirs of Chicagoland, Chicagoland Vampires Novels, Devil's Isle Novels, and Dark Elite novels. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her ...more

Chicagoland Vampires (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
“Oh, that turned out nicely,” Lindsey said, hands on her hips as she surveyed it, then smiled at Mallory. “Is your house just covered in glitter now?”

Mallory stepped back, adjusted my sash carefully. “It’s every-freaking-where. It’s probably the perfect vector for worldwide contagion, should any bad guys figure that out.”
2 likes
“I wasn’t sure whether he was a grad student, poet, actor, stripper, or brilliant combination of all those things. But the man knew Lord Byron, and he knew words. He knew the rise and fall of sentences, the way to pause, the moment to look up, catch our gazes, smile. He knew emphasis and speed, pacing and clarity. He was a prince of poetry, and he had us mesmerized.

Champagne was uncorked and dunked into gleaming silver chalices of ice, then poured into tall, thin glasses while we listened, legs crossed and perched forward in our chairs.

“Is it better if we’re objectifying his body and his brain?” Margot asked, lifting the thin straw in her gin and tonic for a sip.

“I don’t much care,” Mallory said. “He gives good word.”

I couldn’t have put it better myself.”
1 likes