Start by marking “Refuge Omnibus Edition (Refuge 1-5)” as Want to Read:
Refuge Omnibus Edition (Refuge 1-5)

Refuge Omnibus Edition

(Refuge #1-5)

Published January 12th 2014 by Breakneck Media

To ask other readers questions about Refuge Omnibus Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Refuge Omnibus Edition

Natasa
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome read. I really like the idea that all 5 stories have been written by different authors and all combined into a great book.
If I understood the author's note at the end there might be more coming and I'd love that very much.

A big thank you to Mark for recommending it :)
Paul
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I forgot I read this book earlier this year. I guess it's fair that since I forgot I read it until 10 pages on to say it merits between 2.5 and 3 stars.
Soo
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, reviewed
Recently, I've come across several series that are written by a group of writers. The idea is fascinating! It makes me think of some of the partnered stories I've written in the past. Refuge is a series written by five authors and each of them have a distinct style. They did a nice job of keeping the characters consistent but had some discrepancies with expressing them either in speech or action. It could be a little jarring.

Refuge is a small New England town that doesn't have a lot going on. Th
Brandie Lea Slicer
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waiting for Season 2!

This was a great series! I felt like I was streaming a show on Netflix! Full of Science Fiction, Horror, stories of love and loss, and community coming together to face unspeakable acts of destruction and madness on their town. Not really a spoiler, but at the end of the the 5th story it does note "end of Season 1," so I would really love to see more stories come from these writers with Jeremy Robinson.
Dee Haddrill
This is a terrifying, exciting, action-packed adventure ride through the eyes of a small New England town! I listened to this via Audible and Jeffrey Kafer does a wonderful job in bringing Jeremy Bishop’s words (and, of course, those of his amazing co-authors) to life!!!
Casey
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-i-read-this
pretty sure I didn't finish this as I don't remember it. sounds very interesting maybe I'll try again sometime.
Kelly
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The final words made me feel less cheesy for thinking, "Man this would make a cool cable series." lol

A romping great tale. Highly recommend for horror/Sci fi fans.
Deborah Satterlee
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Fresh, original, fast paced, couldn't put it down. Waiting for the sequel.
Darren Dilnott
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pure sc-fi alt world brilliance. A wild, and brutal ride with dashes of humour. Superb characterisation.
Gary Douglas
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Refuge

How many worlds do you want to visit. All with some human touches. Why is this happening. Why doesn’t it stop.
Max Greene
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story. Great characters

Jeremy Robinson is a long time favorite but I’ll be be reading some novels by the rest of these authors as well. Thoroughly enjoyed this one.
Stephen
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent adventure.
Jeff
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was originally published in 5 parts. The following are the reviews for each part, compiled together here.

Night of the Blood Sky:
Small town New Hampshire. July 4th. Most of the town is emptying out to go to the fireworks in a nearby town, a few are staying behind to either get drunk or get frisky. Nothing too earth shattering.

And then the church bell starts ringing... without anyone pulling it!

When the bell stops ringing, the town itself appears to be the same... except that somehow eve
Suspense Magazine
Usually when there’s a large collaboration among authors, you get an anthology of short stories or a disconnected novel—not so with “Refuge.” What you get is an intense, seamless, adrenaline-filled tornado of a story.
The book takes place in Refuge, New Hampshire. It’s a close-knit community with a few characters thrown in: the town drunk, the overzealous pastor preaching damnation, and the real estate agent who seems better fit for New York than small-town, New Hampshire.
Everything in Refuge is
Mike
Mar 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Refuge covers the adventures of a group of townsfolk who, whilst much of the town is gone, find themselves transported (along with the town itself) to another world. the books cover the exploits and dangers they encounter along the way.

Firstly the writing is good technically and stylistically. Pains have been taken to make the different authors styles gel, and while there are some typos they don't noticeably detract from the reading experience. The writing is generally easy to follow, pertinent,
Jack Kardiac
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: creatures
I'm a pretty big fan of Jeremy Robinson's writing, so when Refuge came out by Jeremy Bishop, I was naturally intrigued. The serial format and co-authoring each section with a different author was also pretty cool. Finally, the basic plot - the small town of Refuge jumping between dimensions as they fend for their lives - hooked me from the start.

While I immediately saw a few of the similarities with "Under the Dome" and "Signs," there were still enough original touches to make this story stand o
Nicholas May
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished the complete Refuge collection, and I'll admit that I worried that books written under a pseudonym by Jeremy Robinson (One of my all time favorites) may be told in a voice that I didnt care for, and would thereby make me feel like a traitorous fan.

WORRIES UNFOUNDED!

Bishop and his co-authors (including his alter ego) are seamless as they tell this fantastic story about a town that is ripped from our dimension, and cycles through dimensions that each are more deadly than the last. Th
Dustin
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The town of Refuge is a relatively nice little small town, until the church bell rings and suddenly everyone in town wishes they had left the day before. Never in the same place twice, this book takes you to some strange places and you meet some frightening monstrosities along the way, with sci-fi twists and action turns right up to the end of this powerhouse.
The mix of sci-fi/action/horror is something rarely done good, let alone right and Jeremy Bishop and Company all did a very good job. They
Dustin
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jamey Goodyear
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Refuge Omnibus is a collection of the currently released 5 short horror stories set in a small New Hampshire town called Refuge. Each story is co-authored by various imaginative writers, with Jeremy Bishop being one of the co-authors of each book. Even though 5 different writers worked on this project with Jeremy, the storyline stays cohesive and engaging. The characters qualities stay consistent through each story.

The town of Refuge is being shifted through various dimensions of earth. Each
Kelly
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you are anything like me, you are looking at this and thinking.....five parts and five different authors, this is not going to work. But like me, you would be very wrong. It worked wonderfully, the authors really complimented each other and the story flows pretty flawlessly. Jeremy Bishop has once again created great, memorable characters and brought together a group of talented authors to tell an interesting tale.
This series captures your attention and imagination, you cannot help but wonder
Patrick Gibson
May 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror-of-it
This is one of those 'omnibus' books where various authors pick up the story, adding their own style and embellishments. In this case, each author attempts to out-horror the previous -- with some clever results. This is a little like reading college thesis papers in creative fantasy/horror. It is actually fun to see what the next level of absurdity will be from each author. Be warned: there is no ending (as of yet) and I assume there is another author working on the continuing story. Yet: there ...more
Pixie
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Refuge Omnibus Edition (Refuge 1 - 5) by Jeremy Bishop along with Jeremy Robinson, Daniel S. Boucher, Robert Swartwood, David McAfee, and Kane Gilmour is a powerhouse ride of action.

You start off in this tranquil little town called Refuge where everyone knows their neighbors and life is easy, until the church bell rings. As we follow the town through shifts we find them thrown into some pretty frightening and dangerous situations.

Refuge is taken all the way to hell and back, and you never know
Jeanette
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A+ read.....

I am in awe of these authors! What a great imagination they all have.
A small town called refuge is shifting from one place to another. Each one different, each one with their own hidden dangers. Griffin, Frost, Winslow- each character is different with their own expertise. All the characters are well written.
The different realms they go thru, all the hideous monsters they come across, makes for an action packed storyline thru out the book.
Really enjoyed this book. Nice to find a rea
Judith Kristof
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thirsty for more!!!

I am a Dean Koontz and Stephen King fan, going way way back. I have had the privilege to read Refuge and Wayward Pines. Dean, Stephen?......move back please. Jeremy Bishop, please keep writing.

On this book, I was terrified! My heart is still pounding having just finished "Refuge". For those reading the reviews, buy Jeremy's books! NOW. You will not be sorry for listening to me, a complete stranger. After finishing this last read, I am thirsty for more from this talented autho
Rian Martin
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hold on to your butts! I could not put this book down, I don't know if I could have waited for each book to come out (even though it was only a couple weeks between each release). If you want a fun, fast paced, insane nightmare filled book, this is the one for you. Robinson and crew did an amazing job on this series and you will not be disappointed. This would make an awesome movie or mini-series, as long as Robinson was involved.
Terry Parrish
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
All in all a really good read. Fascinating subject, crazy worlds but overall interesting. All the characters were great and fit in perfectly with the story. Some strange things happen, but make sense when you find out why. I personally think this whole books reads like a movie. A scary one at times, but with what goes on, it really plays out in your head. Hope I don't have nightmares! Would recommend to anyone who loves a little sci-fi, mystery(lots of it), and a downright good story.
Susan Johnson
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

Great, great series. It kept me glued to the on going battles of Refuge, New Hampshire. Now I have reached the end only to find out it's not THE END. When will the next season start? I'm hooked!! One of the best I've read. If you like a little action with your Science Fiction and a bit of Horror thrown in for good measure. You'll love REFUGE. Five stars and I'm very stingy with my stars. Great read!
Angela Crawford
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always expect a great read when I pick up a Jeremy Bishop novel, I'm happy to say that Refuge lived up to it's promise. Full of edge-of-your-seat action and characters you can care for this is a fantastic book. I sincerely hope for more stories/novels set in this world! I'm dying to know what happens next!! Do yourself a favor and grab this book, a great 5 star read.
Shawn Deal
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an incredible novel. I have been disappointed in collaboration novels before, however, this one is the gem of the bunch. This was well written by all contributors, and well plotted. I loved the horror aspect of the novel as much as the mystery aspect of it. I hope that everyone reads it as there is the promise of another Refuge book. i certainly want to see another one.

• The Guardian (Jack Sigler: Continuum #1)
  • Hunger (Hunger #1)
  • Villains Rule (The Shadow Master #1)

Refuge (5 books)