Start by marking “This Book Will Make You Happy” as Want to Read:
This Book Will Make You Happy

This Book Will Make You Happy

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
We all experience periods of feeling low, frustrated and lacking in energy – but ignoring the problem and struggling on can start to affect all areas of your life. Help is at hand: this concise little book shows you how you can reverse negative thoughts and emotions and make yourself happier and more confident.

Dr Jessamy Hibberd and Jo Usmar draw on the very latest researc
Published January 2nd 2014 by Quercus

To ask other readers questions about This Book Will Make You Happy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Book Will Make You Happy

الرّوُض المهيري
هذا الكتاب سيجعلك سعيداً
لكل منا أهداف قد يسعى الانسان لبلوغها والوصول للقمة لتحقيقها ، السعادة اُسلوب حياة وهي تقترن اقتران كبير بمزاج الفرد ، هذا الكتاب سيجعلك سعيداً عبارة عن مواقف وعبر ألهمت الناس وجعلت منهم أناس يتمتعون بالسعادة والايجابية للوصول لمبتغاهم
تحتاج السعادة المساعدة والسند من المرء لتحقق له متطلبات السعادة الابدية فإن كان الانسان متقناً لهذه الأمور التي ستجعله سعيداً فسينضم لقائمة الأشخاص الذين قرروا ان يعيشوا بسعادة ، تلال من المعرفة والسعادة الابدية قد لا يفارقك ما اذ قمت بقرا
Poppy99
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like the format of these books. They are not onerous to read and contain lots of straightforward tips written in a plain English way. No airy fairy jargon or mumbo jumbo! Easy to carry around too. A book to keep and read when you feel the need. There seem to be 4 of these in a series. There is one on how to be calm (also reviewed), one on confidence (yet to read) and apart from the happy one, also one on how to sleep (which I have no plans to read)
Alannah Clarke
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, netgalley
A great book for anyone who is feeling low. The format is absolutely brilliant, it really gave a good kick up the bum to try these tips for feeling great in 2015.
Atheer Ali
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
If you ever felt low, just read it.
Felix Tejada
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Good book but I thought it would be more easy, many things in the book really didn't make sense. It has good strategies to help you get out from you troubles.
Els
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, review
Who doesn't want to be happy? I read my fair share of "self-help books", partly because of my fascination with self development and productivity and partly because of my background in psychology and an interest in how pop-psych does stuff. This book, with it's sunny cover, lighthearted title, and just 160 pages, seemed a perfect book in between more serious reading. I hoped it would come with easy tips and practices on how to cultivate the happy things in your life.

I was wrong. This book is not
Christina  Torretta
There is so much in this that I highlighted that I could quote the entire book! A lot of this was information that I already have heard or knew but it is put in a different way. The entire cognitive behavioral therapy and negative automatic thoughts were my favorite.

Firstly, six years ago I suddenly realized that I didn’t have a positive thought in my skull! It was wearing me down. As I’m sure you can imagine. This goes into explain that negative thoughts, or what they call NAT’s are normal and
Christina  Torretta
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Jennifer Melzer
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Life's little cruelties sometimes makes me bitter and sarcastic, so when I saw the title of this book I, of course, laughed. My inner-cynic thought it was a huge joke. How can a book make anyone happy? Well, inner-cynic, lots of books have made us happy in the past, though most of them were fiction. Still, because I do have a soft spot for self-improvement, I wanted to give it a fair shake. If it was too hokey after the first twenty-five pages (about 1/6th of the book,) I could always decide not ...more
Melek
Actually, this book was kinda cute.

On another note, I realized the main reason I keep reading these books (except the fact that I requested them on NetGalley, so I kind of have to anyway) is the writing style. I've never thought I would say this for a nonfiction book, but the writing just flows and I end up finishing the book. Which is funny, because that's not how a self-help book is supposed to work, but it does. Wow.

About the content, I'm not too sure what I'm thinking about it. At first, I t
Kavin Nattavutthisit
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think "This Book Will Make You Happy", is a very valueble masterpiece. It talks about how happiness lies internally, not externally, and how to produce happiness by using your mind. I used to be a very quiet, shy and lonely person, but after I met this book, it transformed me into my favorite version of myself. Also, it is one of those books, that no matter how many times you read, you will notice that you stil left some of the knowledge inside the book. Producing happiness on my own is the be ...more
Alexfierybookworm
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love these Books! I read the Calm one first & I started, stopped & started this one the same way. But only because I was distracted by other Books!
Again, as with the Calm one, I really enjoyed the chapter structures, the practical advice & the relatable language used to impart all of the information. Some of which we all know damn well-Yet ignore completely when we're feeling unhappy. Some of which you can really relate to & makes you think; 'That actually makes so much sense!'
Mohammad Alrasheed
كتاب ممتاز وخفيف. يقدم خطوات سهلة وعملية للتخلص من الشعور بالحزن وانخفاض مستوى الحالة المزاجية، وبدء حياة أكثر سعادة وإيجابية
Rassel Tahhan
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
great book when life gets hard it makes it easier
Lulu
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Give it a try
Ana
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book literally hacked my mind! It's like me reading my thoughts written out by another person. This book is really amazing and it really did make me happy. :)
Sara Elzarka
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Häxornas försvarare
  • Sylvia Browne's Book of Dreams
  • Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
  • Declutter your life