Start by marking “Hide And Seek (The September Day Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hide And Seek (The September Day Series, #2)

Hide And Seek

(September Day #2)

NEW COVER EDITION, original ISBN 1621251470 (ISBN13: 9781621251477)

Published January 13th 2014 by Cool Gus Publishing (first published January 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hide And Seek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide And Seek

Lelia Taylor
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
Question: If a book is a mystery and a cat and a dog have significant parts, what subgenre of mystery is it?

Answer: Most likely a cozy unless the book is Hide and Seek by Amy Shojai. If you’ve picked up this book thinking you’re about to read a cozy, you’ll be very surprised. In fact, you should walk away from the book.

If, on the other hand, you’d like a good deal of nailbiting suspense, a fair amount of psychological distress both past and current, quite a bit of action and even a little humor
Victor Gentile
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amy Shojai in her new book, “Hide And Seek” Book Two in the September Day series published by Cool Gus Publishing gives us another adventure with September Day.

From the back cover: A mysterious contagion will shatter countless lives unless a service dog and his trainer find a missing cat . . . in 24 hours.

A STALKER hides in plain sight.

A VICTIM faces her worst fear.

AND A DOG seeks the missing—and finds hope.

Eight years ago, animal behaviorist September Day escaped a sadistic captor who left her
Cathy
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thoughts so far: I love it that September named her cello and what a cool name (Melody)
I like it that we get to hear things from Shadow’s perspective (good-dog).
September Day is an expert with animals. Her German Shepard is a service dog originally trained for an autistic boy. You will find out who that boy really is in this book and there was more about him in the previous book called Lost and Found. September uses Shadow as her service dog now as she has PTSD from an awful experience in her p
Kelly
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hide & Seek is the second book in Amy Shojai's September Day series. In the first book (Lost & Found) we met September, as well as meeting Shadow the dog. This second book gives us a more in-depth look at September's past and how it has formed who she is today. Along with this exploration we get exposure to Texan reality TV and the issue of feral pigs. While we do re-acquaint ourselves with some of the characters from the first book, we also meet more community members and get a better s ...more
Susan
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found the second book in the September Day series a compelling medical thriller, well written with careful attention to detail. Previews for the book suggested this was a “dog viewpoint” thriller. The story is actually told from multiple points of view, with the most intriguing perspective offered by Shadow, the protagonist’s service dog. The inclusion of the dog’s perspective added a unique twist to this thriller.

The author is a certified animal behavior consultant, and her love of animals cl
Amy Shojai
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers, pet-books
"HIDE AND SEEK proves Shojai's masterful skill at blending ripped-from-the-headlines urgency with an emotional story of real characters in escalating dangers. Add in revelatory dose of animal psychology and behavior, and you have a thriller that had me turning pages deep into the night. Here is a novel written with authority and with a deft brilliance that any lover of animals or nerve-jangling thrillers will cherish."
--James Rollins, New York Times bestseller of "The Eye of God"

"HIDE AND SEEK i
Karyl
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you liked Amy's first novel, you will definitely like this one too. Just as much action, and an even creepier bad guy - it definitely stands up as a sequel.
Elentarri
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rivetting.
Jeni
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, reviewed
3.5 stars. I received an audiobook copy from the author in exchange for an honest review; this in no way affects my opinions, although I am grateful to the author, Amy Shojai for the opportunity to listen and review her work.

Hide and Seek is the second book in the September Day series and starts off a few weeks after Lost and Found leaves off. While Lost and Found does not end with a cliffhanger, I think that reading it first will greatly enhance your understanding of this second book in the se
Vicky
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series. September Day is an interesting character. She appears strong but has issues from her past which effects her relationship with her family. She has a dog and cat who are much like companion animals. September gets involved in a situation that involves contaminated pork which affects animals and possibly people. A reporter gets killed, her cat is kidnapped, the local Vet Tech gets killed. All revolving around her “stalker”. September makes bad decessions whic ...more
Beverly
My thoughts:
Great read! A wide variety of creative characters - and of course the fantastic animal characters (which are my favorites --- huge animal lover here!).
The story is fast paced, mysterious and thrilling. I liked how the perspective changed in each chapter, adding to the intrigue and fleshing out the story and plot.
I wasn't sure what I was going to think of the book when I first met some of the characters, but found myself gripped by the story within the first 20 pages.
I had not read th
Lorraine
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hide And Seek was an AWESOME READ!!

Hide And Seek, was a non-stop read! September has possession of Shadow now and adding training to the young pup.
Things go crazy, quickly in this book. A Production Company is filming the killing of wild hogs. A big reveal of the newest season coming up soon.
But, animals are getting sick and bodies of people are turning up. On top of all this, September's stalker seems to have found her.
Can even Detective Combs figure out what's going on, with all the crazy h
JoAnne Pegg
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Animals are amazing at picking up new tricks.

Book 2 of the September Day series was fantastic. Lots of action, drama and mystery. I love the way the pets responded to the things they were taught. People who enjoy reading about the great things pets can do when trained correctly will love this book and series. Awarded 5 stars. Very impressed with the cat and dog's obeying commands and love this series. Reading book #3 immediately!!!
Annette Sullivan
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

This is a good riveting read with a great cast of eclectic characters. It has a devilish plot with heartbreaking memories told, though it has a great exciting pulse pounding ending.
I gave it four stars only because of editing errors, like contradictions and sloppy links in the story that just don’t fit together or link the story up well. It lacks that crisp professional editing that comes from a good editor, even though it’s a good story.
Edie Chase
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real page turner.

I really enjoyed this book. I didn't want to put it down and go to sleep. It grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go until the end. If you enjoy a good thriller, this is the book to read.
Te Kee
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Great read and wonderful characters make an enjoyable afternoon. This series is just getting better and better. All the animals, 😺&🐶, are just fun. Thank you😺
Stephanie Schaefer
I loved this book (and the whole series.) The stories themselves were very good but for me, the best part was the portions that let you look at the world from a dog's point of view.
E
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story but the voice of the dog is annoyingly juvenile
Patricia Grigg
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This second book in this series was every bit as good as the first book. As with book 1, it is packed full of action. I highly recommend this book.
Debbi Lund
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Read!

I love these stories! September is a great character & I love Shadow & Macey. Hearing the story from their point of view. Loved how the story keeps you wanting more.
Sally Giglio-dauda price
Riveting storyline!!!!

Good clean edge of your seat storyline that keeps you guessing until the very end!!!! Could not put this down!
Carol
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! It grabbed me from the beginning and kept building upon itself. Great for animal lovers
Veronica Noechel
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of pet-themed mysteries, and after reading her second book, I think Amy Shojai is easily my favorite author I've read in this genre. The animals are heavily involved in meaningful and believable ways. The protagonist is a trainer, and she reads realistically as an expert. The stories are cozy, but never hokey. They are just good mysteries, and like a good series should, the second book excels over the first, and I liked the first quite a bit.

I felt like this story of reality tv, murder
Mark
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shojai has taken a unique tack on presenting a compelling murder mystery ... much of the narrative is in the "voice" of a German shepherd working dog trained for an autistic child, a central character. In the "cozy mystery" genre, the book avoids patronizing sex scenes and gory details, instead concentrating on an intriguing plot with equally interesting characters. Agatha Christie fans will love this, as well as all dog lovers (or even those wondering what goes on in a dog's head). Terrific rea ...more
Diana
Nov 17, 2018
Mickie84 Tencza
Jan 26, 2019
Dorothy Fuhrmann
Apr 07, 2018
Sharon
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book is just as good as the first book. I've already ordered the next book in this series and can't wait to start it. A great series you just can't put down! I highly recommend these books!
Leland
May 13, 2016
Scott A Jagodzinski
rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sisterhood of the...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Hide And Seek by Amy Shojai 5 13 Feb 13, 2014 01:02PM
The Mystery, Crim...: "Dog Viewpoint" Thriller (Sequel) Released! 1 9 Jan 30, 2014 11:38AM

• Hide (The Hunted #2)
  • Dead to Begin With (Blood Prince #7)
  • A Memory of Fire (The Dragon War, #3)
  • Living Victim (Delta Detectives, #1)
  • The Source (Alastair Stone Chronicles, #4)
  • Dying Day (Dying for a Living, #7)
  • Dying Light (After #6)
  • Sanibel Seduction (Fanged Romance #4)
  • Brotherhood of Fire (Hearts on Fire #1)
  • Intimate Strangers (Captive Hearts, #2)
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
  • Return to Mateguas Island: A Tale of Supernatural Suspense (Mateguas Island, #3)
  • Homecoming
  • Outcast (Outcast, #1)
  • Fiery Nights (Underground Encounters, #2)
  • Till Justice is Served (Killer Affections, #1)
  • Unsure (Sure Mastery #1)
  • One Defining Second (Survivors’ Justice, #2)
Amy Shojai has been reinventing herself for years. She writes THRILLERS WITH BITE! in her debut thriller LOST AND FOUND that features a service dog, hero cat and assorted mayhem. The sequel HIDE AND SEEK continues the story with terror from the past revisiting the heroine. The next book in the series, SHOW AND TELL brings the story full circle. The 4th title FIGHT OR FLIGHT is her latest book in t ...more

September Day (3 books)
  • Lost And Found (September Day Series, #1)
  • Show and Tell (September Day series #3)