Start by marking “The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #0.5)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Shadow Prince

(Mortal Enchantment 0.5)

Prequel novella to the award-winning YA fantasy series Mortal Enchantment. Discover a world of elemental powers, courage, duty, sacrifice, forbidden romance and a war for the very elements of life.

Sixteen-year-old Rowan is an elemental prince. Banished to the mortal world, he doubts he will ever return to Avalon and claim the fire court throne. Until he receives a challen
Published March 25th 2014 by Phoenix Reign Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow Prince, please sign up.
Stacey O'Neale Yes, this is book one of the MORTAL ENCHANTMENT series. There are four books in the series. :-)

Start your review of The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #0.5)
TJ✨
Oct 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobook
I'm I the only one who didn't like this? Okay i'll be a loner then, sorry but this didn't make me want to read the rest of the series.
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Stacey O'Neale and Xpresso Book Tours for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Through it all, I remained focused on my mission. It was time to cast aside the childish prince and become the stone-hearted warrior. I would be the monster they feared— the slayer in the night. I am the shadow prince.

5 stars!

Now I'm not one who easily gives out 5 stars but wow oh WOW did this deserve it! This has restored my faith in YA Fantasy novels. A/>
Parajunkee
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
PJV Quickie: While only 74 pages, including the preview of MORTAL ENCHANTMENT, the novella, THE SHADOW PRINCE packed one hell of a punch. You wouldn’t believe that so much story could be told in that little amount of pages, but I could not put my iPad down! THE SHADOW PRINCE had me hooked from page one.

REVIEW: In the prequel to MORTAL ENCHANTMENT, O’Neale (shout out to Book Blogger turned author – hoorah!) introduces us to hottie, fire elemental, Rowan. Heir to the Fire Court throne,
Jen Scicchitano
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First of all, the story line of this Novella has me thirsty for more. The characters have a great depth that really involve you from the beginning. Rowan is such a strong personality, and the telling of this part of the story from his point of view was very refreshing. He is also smoking' hot and that doesn't hurt! I can't wait for some romance! I am ready to see who Kalin is going to be! Excited for More!
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Wow, this novella sure packs a lot in! Rowan's inner conflict got a bit tiresome, but the action got really brutal. It's a great setup to the series. And Zachary Webber is amazing, as always, on the audio.
Britt/Dee Dee Dee
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was such a well written book, if you begin reading it, thinking you know how it's going to end, you are very wrong! Shadow prince is a very unique book, with twists and turns that you wouldn't think of. The characters relationship is such a relationship that needs to he portrayed more in other books. Through everything that happens, you will know how strong Rowen is, and he's not one to drop everything just for love.

Marcus and Rowen have such a awesome friendship, their banter shows how mu
Margie
One of the most intense, and shortest, novellas I have ever read!
Stacey O'Neale really knows how to torture, squeeze and crush my heart in just a few short pages!!!

The writing is amazing! Just enough details to let me picture this world within ours where all the elementals live and hide; enough details to let me know and feel the exact emotions that the main character, Rowan, is going through; enough details to make me hate a character SO much, Queen Prisma! I never thought I c
Kelly
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The author was smart in putting out this free prequel novella. It sucks you in and leaves you wanting more. If there wasn’t a preview of the first chapter of the next book, I would have jumped off the cliff hanger!

We have the hero, sixteen year old Rowan. He is mature for his age. He is also heir to the fire elements throne in Avalon. His mother requests his presence from the mortal realm because he is to except his place. He is wary, because his mother is nothing more than a bully a
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it

The Shadow Prince is a prequel novella to Stacey O'Neale's new Mortal Enchantment series and it is currently available as a free ebook from Amazon (I'm not sure if that is the permanent price so download it to your ereader now just in case!) or if you prefer you can also purchase a paperback copy. While the story is fairly short it is a great introduction to the series, one that is full of action and definitely leaves the reader wanting to know more.

The story is told from the point/>The
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
3.5 Stars!

**Free on all major eBook sites!

Fast paced, intriguing and enchanting, Stacey O’Neal’s introduction to her new series, Mortal Enchantment is definitely right up my street.

The Shadow Prince follows Rowan, the son of the fire court Queen. Rowan has spent most of his life living amongst mortals, while trying to learn to control his fire element. Rowan’s never been shown any love from his mother, who believes love is a weakest, but when she announces she will be stepping down
Christina Marie
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
WOW. What an introduction to a series!

I seriously am reeling from the emotional journey that O'Neale has taken me on in less than 150 pages! This novella is the perfect start and introduction to what promises to be a great series and also fantastic character development.

The Shadow Prince introduces one half of our protagonist team in the Mortal Enchantment series, Rowan. He is a prince in the Fire kingdom. He's very skilled, very attractive, slightly cocky but fiercely lo
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic glimpse and set up to the series!! I absolutely cannot wait to read more! It's a great read and it leaves you wanting way more! I'm so stressing until May! WTG, Stacey!! It's AWESOMESAUCE smothered in AWESOMESAUCE!!!

**received an ARC copy in exchange for a fair and honest review**
Bella
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this one, it was short and too short at that I needed more. It was different but thats what i think I loved so much about it. I needed something different it had an awesome story line and had some intense stuff going on. I will write a little more soon !
Izzy
May 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
So this is a prequel for Mortal Enchantment, which was published on the 20th May!
The story centers around Rowan, the estranged son of Prisma, who is the Ruler of the Court of the Fire Elementals. He never thought his heartless mother would abdicate her throne, since the mists of Avalon keep her immortal, so it came as a shock when he hears that she wants to step down and make him king, especially since he has two much older adopted siblings that she favours well above him. But of course there's a catc
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
**Originally posted @ReadingDiva's Blog

REVIEW: The Shadow Prince has a great premise, the story itself is different and it is the perfect book to re-introduce me to YA again. The story begins by introducing us to Rowan, the prince and only heir to Queen Prisma a vicious and cruel woman who enjoys bloodshed regardless of who gets hurt in the process. Rowan lives among mortals until the tim/>REVIEW:
Carrie Mansfield
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review can also be found on my blog: http://gildedlady.wordpress.com/2014/...

I've made it no secret that I'm not a generally a fan of Young Adult novellas. Generally speaking, I find them too short, too expensive and too lacking in worthwhile content to ever recommend.

I am happy to say I have finally found one that I can recommend, because The Shadow Prince is none of these things.

I think the author is to be commended her, because instead of using a novella as a means of milking more money from fans, i
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great teaser for the series!

Great introduction to the Mortal enchantment series with this novella. It definitely left me interested in getting Book 1 in the series when it comes out. In the short 74 pages Stacey packs in: Introduction to the main characters, lots of action, courage, mystery, and sacrifice.

The Characters:

Rowan:

Heir to the Fire Court Throne. Strong and loyal. I really liked hearing things from his POV and being introduced to the world of Avalon from
Marlene Moss
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free ARC of The Shadow Prince, which did not affect my opinion of this novella in any way.

The Shadow Prince is a prequel novella for the author’s upcoming novel, Mortal Enchantment.

First, this isn’t the type of book I normally read, so if there are things I don’t “get” that’s why! I do like some fantasy/paranormals, but with a lot of grounding in our normal world. So for me, The Shadow Prince was a bit too removed. Yes, our world exists, but doesn’t play much
Natalia
I was given a copy of this novella by the author in exchange for an honest review, and in anticipation for the release of the final book of her Mortal Enchantment series!

The Shadow Prince by Stacey O’Neale had been on my to-read list for quite some time, and I wasn’t sure when I would end up getting around to it. So when Stacey messaged me asking if I would like a copy to review, I was all for it and am excited to continue her series.

The Shadow Prince is the prequel novella to the Mortal Encha/>The/>The
BookHookup
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’ve had this novella on my kindle for ages and, for some reason, I hadn’t gotten to it yet. I’m very glad I finally dived in. This is a prequel to the Mortal Enchantment series and it definitely is a great beginning. I loved Rowen immediately. He’s a fire elemental who’s the heir apparent to the fire court. However, before his mother will abdicate and allow him to take the crown, she has a job he must accomplish. Rowan’s heart, however, is torn. His desire to create a better world for his peopl ...more
Ana
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Shadow Prince Review on K-Books <- Review goes live August 1st 2015

I have been a huge fan of mythology novels for so long so when I heard that Stacey O'Neale was releasing a series with mythological influences I could not wait to get my hands on it. I was right to be so excited. The Shadow Prince was absolutely phenomenal. I loved every single moment of it.

The Shadow Prince was everything that I have been waiting for wrapped up in a cocky but swoonworthy main man. I loved Rowan... and I mean LOVE him. He is sweet, protectit.
The
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Rowan, a fire elemental and the only blood son of Queen Prisma has lived his life in the mortal realm awaiting the day his mother would step down from the throne so that he may return to his home in Avalon. To his surprise his mother sends for Rowan. Before he's crowned king, she demands that he prove his loyalty by killing that half-mortal air elemental princess. To kill her would be treason and start a war, but to let her live may prove to be the highest cost. Stuck between two no-win situatio ...more
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Title: The Shadow Prince
Author: Stacey O’Neale
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Format: Ebook
Pages: 111
Rating: 5
Heat: 0

Thoughts: OMG I could not put this down! And ARGH....cliffhanger from hell! This was an awesome tease of what is to possibly come and I can't wait to read the next one. This story is told from Rowan's point of view and boy is it easy to fall in love with him. You can't help but feel bad for him as you get to know his mother, yikes she's horrible. I love the world that Ms. O'Neale has created and l/>/>Heat:/>Rating:/>Pages:/>Format:/>Genre:/>Author:
Steven
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Am interesting take on the mortal/mythical world with plenty of room for expansion of other elements. It sets the stage for the following novel and it will be intriguing to see how Rowan develops along with his relationship with Kalin.
Caitlin L
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good like novella to read. Liked the action.
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
3.5 Full review to follow!!
Katherine Paschal
**Come visit me at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ for more book chats!

Rowan has been exiled by his mother, the evil queen of the fire court, to exist in the human world but not be able to interact. When the queen sends his best friend Marcus to deliver the news that she will abdicate the throne to Rowan, her hated son, Rowan knows that there is more to this story, and it will not be easy to claim his birthright of the throne. And he was right...

I am such a sucker for anything having to do with the Art
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 CRANKY STARS

The cover says this is “A Mortal Enchantment Novella”. It is a prequel in a box set of books. “Storm Born” is now book 2, “Fragile Reign” is now book 3 and “Eternal Sacrifice” is book 4. Please order the box set so you can read these books in order. The story will make so much more sense then. I loved this series as it contained references to magic, mythology, elementals, were-animals, castles, kings, etc. What
Torie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! Only about 100 pages. It's the prequel to the Mortal Enchantment series. My advice would be to just go ahead and buy the whole series because you are going to want to read this series without stopping.

Rowan is a Prince in the dijin house. He has been living on Earth away from Avalon. He gets called upon by his mother and told that he would be taking the throne. With his mom he always knows there is a catch. She would just give up being queen.

Best quote from this novella
Stacey's Squad (A...: THE SHADOW PRINCE is Available for Review 3 48 Mar 23, 2014 09:19AM

• Pax Novis (The Pax Archives, #1)
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • The Bookworm Crush
  • Heartless Hero
  • Dragon Shadow (Reclaiming the Fire, #1)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Monster Academy for the Magical (Monster Academy for the Magical Series Book 1)
  • The Memory Thief
  • The Rebel Queen (The Rebel Queen Duet, #2)
  • When Wishes Bleed
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)
  • Beyond the Shadows (A Battleborn Mage Story)
  • Spellcaster Academy: Magical Realism, Episode 1
  • Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle, #1)
  • Amber (Jewels Cafe #1)
  • The Opposite of Falling Apart
  • Graveyard Rose (The Rose Chronicles, #1)
Award-winning author, Stacey O'Neale, lives in Annapolis, Maryland. When she's not writing, she spends her time fangirling over books, blogging, watching fantasy television shows, cheering for the Baltimore Ravens, and hanging out with her husband and daughter.

Her career in publishing started as a blogger-turned-publicist for two successful small publishers. Stacey writes young adult fantasy and

Mortal Enchantment (3 books)
  • Storm Born (Mortal Enchantment, #1)
  • Fragile Reign (Mortal Enchantment, #2)
  • Eternal Sacrifice (Mortal Enchantment, #3)
“You're into her. You're into the girl we came here to kill.” 6 likes