Start by marking “Contos da seleção: O príncipe & O guarda (A seleção, #0.5, 2.5)” as Want to Read:
Contos da seleção: O príncipe & O guarda (A seleção, #0.5, 2.5)

Contos da seleção: O príncipe & O guarda

(The Selection 0.5, 2.5)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  30,067 ratings  ·  1,929 reviews
Os dois contos que se passam no universo criado por Kiera Cass, autora da trilogia A Seleção, agora estão disponíveis em edição impressa. Em O príncipe e O guarda, o leitor pode acompanhar de perto os pensamentos e emoções dos dois homens que lutam pelo amor de America Singer.

Antes de America chegar ao palácio, já havia outra garota na vida do príncipe Maxon. O conto O prí
Paperback, Brazilian Portuguese, 264 pages
Published February 20th 2014 by Seguinte (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Contos da seleção, please sign up.
Sara i loved them all they are so good once you open the book you couldn't close it!!!!
Ahy It is about Maxon and Daphne... before Maxon fall in love with America witch happens quick;)

Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
I read The Prince a while ago and gave it 3/5 stars, but I've finally read The Guard and did not love (1.5/5 stars).

At least it has given me a bit of a refresher for the series, so I can continue on with The One and remember a little of what had happened before (I've totally forgotten most of it).
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
Both of these novellas were fast passed and really easy to read. They were not the best but still, I'm very happy I took the time to read them. I recommend reading this especially fans of The Selection series because it does give some good insights :)

The Prince: ★★★✰✰

“There was something about her.. Even the way she didn't like me drew me in, and I couldn't help but smile.”

This one was just alright. I didn't love it but I can't say I hated it either. It's written in Prince Maxon's POV which was
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
A quick breakdown of everything:

The Prince
-cute & adorable
-MAXON <3
-loved the two extra chapters of his POV

The Guard
-HATED IT.
-Aspen stinks
-So boring
-Cheesy
-Failed attempt at making people Team Aspen
-Successful attempt at making more money by enticing people to buy this book

First Three Chapters of The One

-Eye roll-worthy Q&A
-Hilarious playlists
-Names of the Selection
Camille Baril-Ali
Okay, like, if you don't like Aspen Leger after reading the guard, don't talk to me.
May
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
MAXON TE AMO ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

El príncipe y el guardián es una novelilla secuela de los tres primeros libros de la saga La Selección. Es una novela muy fina que cuenta con dos relatos que se desarrollan en diferentes momentos de la trilogía y con diferentes protagonistas.
Hablando en general de esta secuela, puedo decir que me ha gustado mucho. Son dos relatos cortos, que se leen fácilmente y que encajan bien el uno con el otro. Aunque cada uno se desarrolla en un momento distinto de la trilogía (El
Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse
Yay!! I've finished the book! Reading this made me realize:
1. The king is even more of an asshole and I hate him more.
2. Maxon is even hotter.
3. That Selection list was a nice touch!
8/3/14
Oh my gods. I FINALLY have the Selection Stories After waiting SIX FREAKING MONTHS on hold for it at my state library.
WAIT. The Prince and The Guard short stories for the Selection Trilogy AND A SNEAK PEAK OF THE ONE??!!!! HOW COULD THIS GET ANY BETTER?!!!!
YAY A COVER!!!!!!!
Josu Grilli
Pensaba que me iba a encontrar algo quizá irrelevante, pero me he encontrado unas historias que son lo suficientemente entretenidas como para leerlas prácticamente sin pausa. El estilo de Cass está muy bien por eso, porque consigue engancharte porque es muy rápida y su manera de narrar tiene mucha acción. Si no lees estos relatos, no te pierdes nada importante de ninguna de las dos primeras novelas, pero sí que sirve para introducirnos más en los personajes de Maxon (♥) y Aspen (♥).

En The Prince
merina rey
I hated The Prince. I’m of the unpopular opinion that Maxon sucks.
I enjoyed The Guard which only made me love Aspen more.
I will forever ship Aspen and America. 💜🤭🤫
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
[4,5 ★]

El Príncipe: 5 ★.
El Guardián: 4 ★.

Pueden encontrar reseñas individuales de cada historia si le dan click a los títulos de arriba :)

PD: #TeamMaxon FOREVER.
Anjie Basi
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2014
I love Maxon's short story and his point of view. I think, no I know, that it just made me love him even more. I love the extended scene for his part. Absolutely fawning over it. As for Aspen's short story, I really tried. I did. I do not like him, not in Selection, not in Elite and I can care less for his point of view. It actually aggravated me even more. He was too ignorant for me. I couldn't stand it. I found myself skimming through his parts. I did however like that he took his time to hang ...more
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Immediately read the sneak peek at The One, followed by the extra info, followed by the extended version of The Prince and The Guard. This was well-worth the $10, guys. I'm gobbling this up like candy.

Review to come.

Niamh
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the prince.
Hated the guard.
Dying for the rest of the one!
Team MAXON <333
Riley
May 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian
I liked The Prince but I didn't like The Guard because I honestly just hate Aspen so much.
Bea Casallecchio
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, my obsession with The Selection continues. It took me so long to find this book for sale in brazil, but FOUND IT!
Okay, to start with, i have to say im a little sad. I honestly don't like Aspen, but he takes like 70% of the book hahah. Still, it was good to see everything from his perspective.

The Prince:
I love how since the beginning he kind of knew America was the one. I don't know, but just seeing how he felt towards King Clarkson, and the Selection, gave him a more "I'm not just a prince,
Lina Lovegood
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
War interessant, mal Maxons und Aspens Sicht der Dinge zu erfahren. So kann man sich dann auch mehr in die Beweggründe hineinversetzen.
Anita Vela
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lecturas-2016
Ambas historias me han gustado y aunque no aportan mucho a la historia como tal, te ayuda a conocer lo que pasa por las cabezas de Maxon y Aspen.

Me ha gustado el punto de vista de Maxon y sobretodo cuando ve a America por primera vez, sabes que es lo que se le pasa por la cabeza en ese momento y es tan mono... Y en esta historia también se ve como Maxon es una marioneta del rey y como el rey maneja todo a su antojo (me cae muy mal ese señor).

Y lo siento, sé que no tiene muchos seguidores mi Aspe
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
Oh I just love Maxon so much.
Carmen de la Rosa
THE PRINCE

El Príncipe se lleva acabo unos días antes de la Selección, donde Maxon se prepara o intenta hacerlo de todos modos.
Él lucha mucho con sus nervios, y se pregunta si habrá alguien que le guste. También conocemos a una amiga suya, Daphne. Esa es la chica de la que se habla en la descripción. Personalmente no creo que Maxon tenga ningún sentimiento por ella, aunque ella misma es muy clara en eso. Y he decidido que no me gusta ella. Deseo que Maxon y America estén juntos. Daphne se va de
Melissa Arrieta
Disfruté completamente la parte de Maxon, ustedes saben que me encanta, y poder estar en sus pensamientos fue algo muy bello de leer.
La parte de Aspen no me gustó mucho, pues Aspen no me cuadra, pero si quitamos a Aspen de encima y solo nos queda Maxon... Entonces si, 5 estrellas.
Lo siento, soy así de subjetiva, te amo Maxon, byeeee.
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait until the release of The One so I'll take every bit of extra I can. I think The Guard was supposed to make you like Aspen more...and I don't hate him I just decided who I wanted America to be with a long time ago. Worth the read!!!
Rachael
I love love loved having both The Prince and The Guard in paperback format. Generally I don't read the novellas for books simply because I avoid reading on an e-reader or on my computer. I'm really liking the trend of novellas being bundled and printed!

Anywho, The Prince was absolutely fantastic. I was really craving a look into Maxon's mind and it delivered. Problem is, now I want to read the whole thing in his mind frame too! I am a Maxon fangirl so you know I just devoured The Prince. The rea
Maddie
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
The Prince - This was SO lovely! I loved Maxon when reading 'The Selection', so reading from his perspective was really cute (just like him, aha!) Seriously, he's a precious little prince that America better be appreciating.

The Guard - Aspen was like my least favourite character, so I didn't quite know how I'd feel about it (and him) but this proved he had some redeemable qualities and I liked how it set up a closer relationship between him and the maids. It really added sense to 'The One'.

I th
Vivian
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fijn boek! Leuke extra info en diepgang, hoewel het niet per se iets toevoegt: vooral een fijne leeservaring en leuk bonusmateriaal! Uitgebreide recensie: http://thebookreview.nl/recensies/dys...
Shannon
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Ik vond het leuk om de Selectie eens vanuit een ander perspectief te 'beleven'. Ik vond het verhaal van de prins erg leuk om te lezen, het geeft wat meer achtergrond. Ik vond het verhaal van de lijfwacht daarentegen vrij saai en niet heel interessant.
Kristina Horner
Jul 28, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian, romance
To be perfectly honest, I really don't think this book added anything to the Selection Series.
It mostly rehashed scenes we've already experienced (but from the male's point of view, whoop-de-do) so it felt a little tedious, basically reliving conversations we've already seen. I was really hoping for backstory on these guys, or things going on with them that we couldn't see from America's point of view. Not the case.

Maxon's just made him look naive and a little pathetic - it was cheesy, poorly w
thebookbitch
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy that I read these 2 novellas because I've missed the world of The Selection. It may not be the best but Kiera knows how to write amazing male characters. If I'm honest though The Prince was by far the better novellas and should have been longer. The Guard was okay, but I've never been the biggest Aspen fan. Had his novellas focused on him and Lucy then I probably would've given it a higher rating.

The Prince - 4.5 Stars

The Guard - 3.5 Stars
Jerry
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The short stories were good, but, the rest of it was just filler. Unless you're a diehard fan of the series, you can safely skip this one.
Assumpta Nina
I think Im going to di- *happily faints into the depths of darkness and dramatically evaporates into twilight mist*
Lissy Liz
Well, since I'm crazy like that. Once I start a series I have to finish it!! What can I say.
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Brave New Love: 15 Dystopian Tales of Desire
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5-#2.5)
  • The Dark Elements Volume One (The Dark Elements, #1-2)
  • Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5)
  • Wait For You, Trust in Me: 2-Book Collection (Wait For You, #1-1.5)
  • Resist (Possession, #0.5)
  • Miranda Kenneally Bundle: Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #1-3)
  • Unhinged (Underworld, #1)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
  • Landry Park (Landry Park, #1)
  • Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #2)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • Nijura: Das Erbe der Elfenkrone
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns Stories (Fire and Thorns, #0.5-0.7)
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
  • 'Til the World Ends (Blood of Eden, #0.5)
100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound

The Selection (5 books)
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • The One (The Selection, #3)
  • The Heir (The Selection, #4)
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
“There were so many beautiful women here. I got the sense that a few of these girls had been on dates before and, perhaps foolishly, I was intimidated.
And then there was America, her mouth stuffed with a strawberry tart, her eyes rolling like she was in heaven. I stifled laugh, and suddenly I had a plan.”
28 likes
“I smiled to myself, thinking of America, measuring her against the other girls. She was pretty, if a bit rough on the edges. It was an uncommon type of beauty, and I could tell she wasn't aware of it.” 17 likes