Start by marking “Shattered Stars (Broken Skies, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Stars (Broken Skies, #3)

Shattered Stars

(Broken Skies #3)

Unexpected allies. Unexpected betrayals. Unexpected abilities.

The last thing Jax ever wanted was to be a weapon. Her abilities are unpredictable at best, but there’s no one else with enough power to take on Jastren and his mental manipulations. She doesn’t have to do it alone, though. Not only can she rely on the unwavering support of Lir, Rym, and her human friends, she a
Published October 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Stars, please sign up.

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
*Spoilers for Broken Skies #1 & Fractured Suns #2 (but the 1st paragraph is safe to read)*

Shattered Stars was a brilliant and emotional conclusion to the Broken Skies trilogy! It was action packed, emotionally gutting and I found myself on the edge of my seat desperately needing to know what was going to happen next. I can't recommend this series enough! If you haven't started this trilogy yet, definitely go grab the first book while it's free here. I thought the best way to review the fina
Lillian
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an eARC of this book from the author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Shattered Stars
is the epic, heart-wrenching conclusion to Theresa Kay's Broken Skies trilogy. Picking up where Fractured Suns left off, Jax, Lir, and their friends find themselves at the mercy of what is left of the US government. Please note that if you have NOT read Broken Skies or Fractured Suns that there are spoilers to those books in this review. Read at your own risk
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

This story was fast paced and attention grabbing from the first page. This is not some easy plot that you can guess at the 30% point. No, it makes you think and gasp and cry and rage! And if you are a fan of Sci-fi like me you will appreciate not only this story but HOW it was written. It’s almost a throw back to the older authors with their deep world building and danger from multiple directions. Such great story telling.

Jax is one of my favoritist and mo
Khalida
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
January 2017?????

description

Update: September 20, 2017 *this review may contain spoilers*

(view spoiler)
Kirsten
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I adore Ms. Kay's novels and characters for many reasons. She not only convinced me to read Sci-Fi by teaching me to keep an open mind with trying new genres. I have thoroughly enjoy watching as she continues to show growth in both story and character development, which is highly evident in this installment.

Theresa Kay has delivered an emotionally wrenching and satisfying end to her Broken Skies trilogy. This installment continues to be packed with action, determination, heartbreak, and plenty
Ryley (Ryley Reads)
This is the third and, I believe, the final book in the Broken Skies series. It's been a long time coming for me, I remember reading the first book way back when it was first released two years ago. And while I am sad to see the series end, I am happy with how things turned out.

Thanks so much to the author for sending me an eARC for an honest review. As always, all opinions are my own.

Before I get too far into this review, please be aware that there will likely be spoilers for books one and two
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Lux series and The 100
Jenna
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I waited years for this book and was so happy to finally have it but at the same time I'm sad I don't want this series to end.
This book was fast paced and action packed, put some tissues next to your book because you will need them. I loved Jax and the way she developed from helpless with panic attacks to a strong young woman. I loved al 3 book covers. I loved the world-building. Fantastic series don't miss out!!

Please write a book about Rym and Kai and Gavin and Trel and a 15 year future book a
Adelexo
I still can't believe that this series isn't popular because it deserves so much. I absolutely loved EVERYTHING about it; the complex characters, the story, the villains, every goddamn heartbreak. It was an amazing read. Please, please, please, read this series. It is SO GOOD.
Suz
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, scifi, ya

I probably would have enjoyed this entire series better if I could have forgotten it was YA.
Kelly Clare
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favourite YA alien dystopias. Shattered Stars is emotionally intense and fast paced. A thrilling end to a great series.
Tiffany
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shattered Stars was an amazing end to the series. It was as equally devastating as it was satisfying. Although, as in any war, not everyone makes it out alive.

Grab some tissues and your favorite ice cream before diving in, you will need them.
BookwormBritty
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was tricky for me to rate. On the one hand, I wanted to love it. On the other hand, I was markedly bored for sections, entirely uninterested in Lir for pretty much the entire book, and emotionally disconnected with a lot of it.
What I Loved:
Jace's POV. Jax's relationship with Jace, personal character growth, and some of the side relationships. I particularly liked Gavin, Vestrad, Trel, and Rym's characters in this installment.
The plot itself, once it got going, I was pretty impressed wi
Sandra
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Christine Burns
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no words.....

I truly hope that this trio of books don't end here. It can! But that would be too simple. I can see this more like an introduction to a world of races learning to live together.
I know. It sounds soooo typical. NOT! I really wish I were a guinea pig test subject for a following. Here I am an "80's" teen and would have given my right boob for books like this. But then again, I read Anne McCaffrey a d other but the point is I do not recall books so empowering then as now.
G
Lisa
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good trilogy

Well this final book is a very emotional ride. There is a happy ending for Jax and Lir however they lose lots of friends and family along the way. The book has a solid storyline and the characters are well written. I love the bond between the two main characters and the fact there is no one trying to become between them. This trilogy was a good find .... Highly recommended...
Dawn Demuth
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant trilogy

This is the last in a great series of sci-fi romances. It has a good balance of action, politics , prejudice, betrayal, ambition, greed and of course love. I recommend this series to any fans of this genre who enjoy a what if aliens lived here scenario without be bogged down by science and politics . And of course romance fans. I look forward to reading more of Kay's work .
Anna Kemp
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great wrap up for a fun trilogy

I enjoyed the end of this trilogy. The pov branched out into multiple perspectives, all story ends tied up nicely (without giving away spoilers here!), and Kay did justice to her characters, both good and bad. (IE she didn't suddenly pull an Allegiant). Great series I'm happy to have bought and read.
Vanessa
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good conclusion to great series! I didn't love it as much as I loved the first or the second book, because at first, I had some issues at reconnecting with the story after such a long pause, and I found it dragged a bit at some points. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading about Lir, Jax and the others(RYM!!!I'd love a book from his POV) again.
Caroline McLean
I was so happy that I found not only this author, but this series. It let me float away into the story and it was very difficult to put down. I am about to start another series that she has written. I recommend anyone who likes a great story and being present with the book to read this.
Tamara
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great end to a great series, well worth the long wait.
The author mentions at the end she might write a sequel from Rym's perspective and I sooo hope she will. Please, Theresa Kay, please give us more books in the Broken Skies world.
Mellissa Monteforte
Great series

This book is the conclusion of the Broken Skies trilogy and is worth readers to take a chance with. So many emotions you face while reading this story I believe it to all come together for a great story. Check it out
Suzie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing characters, so real.
Monica ४
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
What an emotional roller coaster... I laughed, I cried, I threw the book across the room a few times.
Mary Beth
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good series
Shantelle Hazelton
Awesome series!

This book was just as great, if not little better, than the others in this series. It never disappoints! It is a must read!
Fatimah
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some cliche parts in the story but overall I really enjoyed it. Definitely going to have a book hangover now. And yesss, Theresa Kay! More stories from this world please
Zoe
Nov 27, 2017
Sydney Smith
Mar 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • Saved By Valor: A Kurtherian Gambit Series  (Reclaiming Honor, #7)
  • Heir of Empyrial Fire (Starbright, #4)
  • Crudrat
  • Nomad Avenged (Kurtherian Gambit: Terry Henry Walton Chronicles #7)
  • Crossing Stars
  • King of Ash and Bone (Shattered Realms #1)
  • Entangled (Guardian Academy #2)
  • Jane and Bingley (Austen in Love, #2)
  • Loves Me, Loves Me Not
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • March in Country (Vampire Earth, #9)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Hate Me Not (The EVE Chronicles #2)
  • Hearten (Bayou Bear Chronicles, #2)
  • Refuge of Dragons (Voices of Dragons, #2)
  • Unremarkable (Anything But, #2)
The only person she knows who had a subscription to Writer's Digest at eleven and was always excited to write research papers, Theresa has been putting words to paper since a young age. Living in the mountains of central Virginia with her husband and two kids, she works as a paralegal by day, binges on Netflix at night and finds bits of time in between reading almost everything she can get her han ...more

Broken Skies (3 books)
  • Broken Skies (Broken Skies, #1)
  • Fractured Suns (Broken Skies, #2)