Start by marking “Where is My Baby?” as Want to Read:
Where is My Baby?

Where is My Baby?

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
This deceptively simple, excitingly illustrated board book is based on a telling theme - that baby animals are known by names quite different from their parents (cow and calf, goat and kid). The text is perfectly targeted to the youngest children, who will thoroughly enjoy lifting the flaps and matching the baby animals to their mothers. The sumptuously colorful illustrati ...more
Board Book, 8 pages
Published February 1st 2002 by Blue Apple Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Where is My Baby?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where is My Baby?

Katrina
May 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Baby Storytime
Shelves: storytime
This book makes wonderful use of flaps. The momma animal says, "Where is my baby?" with a sad look on her face on the left side of the page. A partial flap on the right side covers the baby animal, but not the rest of the picture, making the flap easy to grab and turn. The words under the flap says, "Here is my _____." [it fills in the blank with the appropriate name of the baby animal:] The lively colored art keeps both child and parents' attention.
Jen
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With fantastic illustrations by Simms Taback ("Who Said Moo?" is another collaboration), this book is a definite winner. The animals are bright, easy to recognize and full of personality. The flip action is rewarding and reveals little baby animals with their proper names (kid, calf, etc.) Highly recommended for ages 0+
Stacie Wyatt
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Where is my baby, in exchange for review from Edelweiss. The book was a quick read. The book had excellent colors, design, and graphics. Great read for the children

The book has each mama (or daddy) animal, looking for their baby. The book also teaches about the names of baby animals (chick, piglet, kid, etc). The kids loved the book.
Elizabeth K.
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Elizabeth by: NYPL
Shelves: 2012-lucy
We enjoy this a lot. Lu (19 months) is especially taken by the 1/2 page format, it's different enough that she's captivated by it. I thought the illustration style was a little kooky, but Lu seems just fine with it. Plot-wise, it covers the essential adult/baby animal words. I guess that's the plot. It's hard to review board books.
Sylvester
0* art
3* story

To be clear - Squirt doesn't care that the animals are hideous beyond recognition. This is a fun book, and he's learning that baby animals have different names than their parents, which is good (and confusing, too). My reaction is moot.
Heather
Apr 18, 2013 rated it liked it
A simple book about animal mothers and their babies. A nice perk of the book I got from the library was that one of the pages was torn out, and replaced with someone's beautiful drawing to replace it. How fun! Good for a look at the library.
Keshia
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: andrew-s-read
My 2 year old started memorizing this book and started to read it to me! He even was learning to remember the names of baby animals (calf, kid, chick, etc).
Elke Erickson
Guen
Jun 19, 2012
Kendra
Jan 06, 2013
Harriet Ziefert grew up in North Bergen, New Jersey, where she attended the local schools. She graduated from Smith College, then received a Masters degree in Education from New York University.

For many years, Ziefert was an elementary school teacher. She taught most grades from kindergarten to fifth grade. "I liked it," she said, but she stopped teaching when she had her own sons. When her childr
More about Harriet Ziefert