Start by marking “Perfect Season” as Want to Read:
Perfect Season

Perfect Season

In this sixth book of New York Times bestselling author Tim Green’s gripping Football Genius series, Troy must fight hard to win big. Perfect for fans of Mike Lupica.

Troy's dreams of the big time have backfired. Sure, he's moved to New Jersey to start his new job as "genius" for the New York Jets, but his dad has taken his entire salary, leaving Troy and his mom broke. Ins
Published September 30th 2014 by HarperCollins (first published October 1st 2013)

Diane
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable read for sports fans by Tim Green. The latest in the Football Genius series, Troy and Ty are now living together in New Jersey. Ty is ready to go to St. Stephens, an expensive prep school with a great football team. Troy, thanks to his father, must move into a small house and go to public school. He still has his "genius" job with the Jets, but he's basically doing it for no pay due to circumstances beyond his control. But when he meets Chuku whose father is having a tryout wit ...more
Levi Winkelman
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
This book is about a kid named Troy. He is a football genius, and he has moved form Atlanta to New Jersey to work for the New York Jets. He sighed a contract and got $5 million up front, but his father took the money and now it is held by the FBI. And the IRS wants the taxes. Because his father stole his money he can no longer go to the private school with a monster football program. He now has to go to a school that has a huge losing streak. Plus, his contract is in trouble because he is losing ...more
Shalyn
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is about a boy named Troy that moved from private school to a public school. Troy wanted to go back to his private school to play football because the public school he went to had a football team but with a messed up field and not much players on the team. I like this book because it gets more interesting and made me read more. I also dislike it because it got kind of boring in some parts.
Ms. Yingling
Troy has a job using his "football genius" to help the Jets, so he and his mother move to New Jersey. Because his father ran off with the $5 million he had been paid, Troy has to go to Summit and not the fancy private school that his cousin Ty is attending. Summit's football team is awful, and their stadium is falling to pieces, but Troy manages to talk Seth into interviewing for the coaching position, and he gets hired. Seth thinks it's a good idea for Troy and cocky new student Chuku to try ou ...more
Sean
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Troy and Ty have gone though a lot and then they found out that they were cousins, so they were trying to play on the same football team but Troy didn't have enough money to of to Ty's school. So Troy had to make the most of his new school and he found out that they had some good football players on the team. They started out the season and with the help of a football star they were able to become very good.
Nate Hahn
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tim Green did a fantastic job with this series. Troy and Chuku get in some trouble after Troy lost a bet and gave up his back stage concert tickets.After Troy got Seth to coach at the local school every thing went down hill. The press would not get off there backs about recruiting even though the kids were tricked into saying they were recruited. What do think will happen when the league directed goes to court with a high school football team?
Rainier Birco
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was an amazing book because it kept me reading more and more. My favorite part of this book was that Troy turned the Summit High School football team into a winning machine team that made their season a perfect one. Also what I like about this book was that Troy thought he lost these "football genius" identity during the Jets' season, but somehow regaining it from his high school season. I hope this author will be publishing more books like this one in the future.
Jack Queenan
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.
This book is about a kid that is 13 and is a football player. He is also really smart. He can predict what play another team is going to do. This book is inspirational because it tells you that no matter what you can always make a comeback. This book is written by Tim Green. I recommend this to anybody in middle school that likes football.
Joaquin Corral
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cool and great book.The weird thing is that falcons won the super bowl but still great book
Gloria
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is my favorite lamplighter book of 2015-2016!!!

I loved it!!!
Johnpatty
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Tony is the main character in the story he is always in almost everything that is happening in the story,the story basically revolves around him. Troy is also another main character in the story he is Tony’s cousin and he has hope but also doesn’t at the same time for the football team. Troy finds out that the school football team has an unbroken losing streak they haven’t won a game in years. Troy is an amazing Quarter-Back who helps them break that losing streak and they go onto a decently goo
Jack Knutson
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Football thriller that you won’t want to put down.

Troy White is known for being a “football genius” around the country. The problem is his dad, Drew White, took his money and ran off after he signed with the Jets. Troy is stuck playing football at a dump school that barely has a program with one of his new best friends, Chuku Moore in hope of snapping the losing streak.

Perfect Season is a fictional book that is part of a 6 book series written by Tim Green. This book targets mainly 12 years and
BT Moore
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Season is a Nonfiction book about the popular sport Football. You love to read about sports and drama like events, then this book should be perfect for you.
Troy has to go to one of the worst high schools in the county. Because of his father and the things his father had done to ruin the family. Troy's mom is broken and the family is just going down hill. And the only way to make his mom better and him feel better, he has to try out for the high school football team. One of his mom's frie
Lucas Dodson
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the book "The Perfect Season" by Tim Green, Troy decides he wants to play at a high school level of football. But troy has to pass the physical for the high school team. during the story Troy, Ty, and Chuku decide that they want to all be on the high school team. Although Thane doesn't let Ty. That doesn't stop Chuku and Troy from being of the team. They made the team, but they deal with some trouble from the high schoolers. Will they make it through the season together?

I personally liked t
Ryan
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rated Perfect Season by Tim Green 5 stars because the book is interesting and suspenseful. Once you get to a good part in the book it will go to a cliffhanger and it makes you want to keep reading this is just a few reasons why this book is good. This book is about a team and how when they go undefeated but something happens to one of there star players so they have. To find a solution. I would recommend this book to kids that are nearing the end of 5th grade and anytime during the 6th grade. ...more
Gregory Barlion
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexis G
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack Shaughnessy
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book perfect season was a great book I loved it. It was super interesting. I loved how the kid play's on a not so great football team and he turns that around and throws 6 touchdown passes a game. He makes something out of nothing. He is a super nice kid and he goes through so much he had to go to a new school. His dad is never in his life his parents had him and his dad left. I thought this book was great.

Francis M
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a boy name troy and his dad left them taking all of the troy money from his job which is football in the NFL and he plays for the new york jets and the dad left him and his mom with all the bills and late dues to pay with no money.
Nic Recene
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book overall. I liked the exciting action of the story. It was hard to understand the plot but once you find out he doesnt acutally play its easier. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys football.
Noah
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good if you're a sports fan but that's not what it's all about. If you like adventure, or even some drama, then this book is recommended for you.
Tristan
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it was a good book. It kept me interested in the book. I liked this book and you should read it too.
Liam Starnes
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book.
Zach
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book about a kid working toward his dream. He doesn't do what other people want, he does what he wants.
Seth
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My rating for this book was a 5 out of 5 because it was a really really good book i think that this was one of Tim Green's best books.
Kaden Bennett
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1
Connor Lefevre
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book because it didn't skip around and it got into deep thoughts about people and I like that about books.
Dylan Serpico
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book for people even if you are not a person that likes sports.
Ryanm
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book
Andy Simoneau
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Book. Just Simply Amazing. This book proves that anything is possible in sports.
Perfect Season 1 1 Aug 22, 2018 06:41PM
  • True Legend
  • The Dolphins of Shark Bay
  • The Walk On (The Triple Threat, #1)
  • Second Impact
  • I'm With Stupid (Stupid Fast, #3)
  • Swagger
  • Over the Wall
  • Ninjas, Piranhas, and Galileo
  • Buttons the Runaway Puppy
  • Sparrow Hawk Red
  • Star of Stage and Screen (Nancy Clancy #5)
  • Rachel Spinelli Punched Me in the Face
  • The Archived SNEAK PEEK (The Archived, #1)
  • Betting Game
  • Jim & Me (A Baseball Card Adventure, #8)
Tim Green, for many years a star defensive end with the Atlanta Falcons, is a man of many talents. He's the author of such gripping books for adults as the New York Times bestselling The Dark Side of the Game and a dozen suspense novels, including Exact Revenge and Kingdom Come. Tim graduated covaledictorian from Syracuse University and was a first-round NFL draft pick. He later earned his law deg ...more