Start by marking “The Hysterics” as Want to Read:
The Hysterics

The Hysterics (The Hysterics #1)

Once upon a time, I was Fallon Dunbar.

Rock and roll, drugs, and bad decisions were the life I lived.

I’d fallen so deep into the dark rabbit hole that I was certain I would never make it out alive. People like me didn’t get second chances. People like me didn’t get lifted from the darkness. So when the opportunity showed up, I had to take it.
I walked away from everything I
ebook
Published January 29th 2015 (first published January 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Hysterics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hysterics

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – The Hysterics
Author – Kristen Hope Mazzola
Publication Date – January 29, 2015
Genre – New Adult Rocker Romance
Type – Stand-Alone…or maybe not!
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4.25 - 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
I am a big fan of Ms. Mazzola after reading her Crashing Series and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to read this one…it seemed like it belonged on the other end of the spectrum with rockers,
NiCoLeTa E.
***2,5 stars from me***

I usually love the books with musicians, but this one didn't get to me!!!
I don't know why that happened...

The storyline wasn't bad at all, but while i was reading it something bothered me!!!
The two main characters were very interesting, but i couldn't feel the connection between them...
And i felt that the things went too quick about those two...
Yeah, they were having a difficult background, but we took so much time of the book to see the way they end up together, that we
 ⚛  KAT ⚛ ⊱Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books⊰

RELEASE DATE: January 29th 2015
MY RATING: ★★★★

4 Romeo and Juliet the Duo Drummers Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I really enjoyed this book, the slow build up of the characters which allowed for a broader connection, loved the fact it wasn't insta love, no whiny female (thank you god) and a story that you get lost in..

I was Fallon Dunbar, I was a drummer, I was confi
Rachel
Mar 31, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
So I am a HUGE fan of Kristen Hope Mazzola now that I have read her Crashing Series...So when I saw that The Hysterics were getting their own book...I was freaking out! I am seriously!! I was stoked...AND NOW IT WENT LIVE last week and I spent the weekend neck deep in this amazing not-so-rocker-rock-star-romance and OMG it is just awesome!

I loved that it wasn't just about a rock star saving a person or falling in love with a waitress in a dive diner...this romance made sense...these characters w
Kristen Mazzola
Jan 13, 2014 Kristen Mazzola rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW AVAILABLE
➝Amazon: http://amzn.to/1IxCC2b
➝B&N: http://bit.ly/1xZKDtJ
➝Kobo: http://bit.ly/17xnl4c
➝iTunes: http://bit.ly/1DZWvfB

Currently my favorite project to date! I cannot wait to share Fallon and Dane's story with everyone!

Jamie Roberts
Mar 26, 2014 Jamie Roberts rated it really liked it
I always love opportunities to read new romance stories that revolve around the music industry! The Hysterics is definitely a book that will hook you and keep you engaged from start to finish! Dane and Fallon are AMAZING together!

Official review to come closer to release date! :)
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
Sometimes you need to feel pain to heal from it...
I couldn't resist this rockstar read and took a chance on a new author. I was intrigued by the synopsis and drawn to the mystery knowing I would get my musical fix at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the author even included lyrics, and my favorite were the ones in the deleted bonus scene at the end of the book. While the story started out kinda slow it built up to a very nice finale that tied up the loose ends. Fallon (aka
Brittany James
Jul 28, 2014 Brittany James rated it it was amazing
If you want a 5+ Star read, pick up The Hysterics. You can thank me later! Lol. You'll fall in love with Dane and Fallon, er... Fae. This book is raw, real and beautiful. Life is messy, but love doesn't always have to be. My favorite thing about The Hysterics is that the characters knew a good thing when they found it. I would absolutely recommend this one to anyone who loves good books, rock and roll, romance, and the chance to live (and love!) again.
Nikki
Jul 31, 2014 Nikki marked it as to-read

Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
Again, I am in the minority with my opinion of this book. I usually love a good sex, drugs, rock and roll story but this one didn't do it for me.
Michelle (Michelle's Book Ends) Shealy
"Right then the world stopped around me. I was standing in front of Fallon Dunbar, the former drummer of Regicide Assisted, a band that had just broken up because rumor had it their drummer had died from an overdose of coke. She was a legend in the underground circuit, but she had flown in under my radar. I decided to not let Fae-Fallon- know I'd figured out her alter ego and went along with the sheer surprise of standing in the presence of this awesome chick..."

Fallon Dunbar isn't herself anymo
Lustful Literature
Feb 11, 2015 Lustful Literature rated it liked it
**JODIE'S REVIEW**

"The best things in life aren’t easy. They are tough, they are painful, and they are raw.”

I went into this book expecting one thing and got something completely different. I was ready for the typical rock star romance. I expected the drama, the overtop personalities and the chemistry that flies off the paper. I am happy to say with that Kristen did not disappoint.

I struggled with the character that was Fallon / Fae. She was this rock star who faked her death to leave that lif
Everything Marie
Jan 17, 2015 Everything Marie rated it it was amazing
This is a nice and short read. Dane and Fae you will fall in love with right away. It's a beautiful story. Well written. I love rock star stories especially when it involves both. Love is messy. Read it. You won't be disappointed.
Stormi
May 24, 2017 Stormi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Hysterics is an emotional rockstar romance about two people who both have dark and painful pasts. Even though they have extremely painful pasts, Dane and Fallon have two gigantic hearts and care deeply when they let people in. I loved this book and everything about Dane and Fallon. Their story is fun, passionate, and powerful.  I wasn't ready to tell these characters bye at the end of the story, but luckily they make appearances in some of Kristen Hope Mazzola's other works!
Liza
Jan 15, 2015 Liza rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review

A rockstar romance that is more than a rockstar romance.

The Hysterics is my first book by Kristen and I did enjoy this one.

To every Fae out there:
Don't ignore your inner Fallon.

That was the main message of the book. Fallon Dunbar died, Fae Dunham lived. Fae wants to start a new life and the only way she could let go of her dark past is to live another life. Meeting Dane, her world goes another 180 degree turn. She would not have any choice but live for he
Sue1958

It was a refreshing change to come back to a genre that I read, but not regular as some were merging into one another with the hot sex etc.

This one was a pleasant surprise, yes it had hot sex in it, but it had a story first....

The stars of this show are Fallon and Dane.

Fallon appears one day being introduced as Danes boss/manager.
There was an instant HOT HOT HOT from Danes point of view.
She wasn't known as Fallon now, the rock star who played drums, that person was long gone thought to be dead
Samantha  Kurtz of Sammy's Book Obsession
5 Stars From Sammy's Book Obsession

MY THOUGHTS~

I was provided with a Review Copy/ARC for review.

As usual, Author Kristen Hope Mazzola, blew me away with this book! The Hysterics is an awesome read. I couldn't put it down. It hooked from the start and never let go until the end. It even left me thinking about it after the last page. I love that in a book.

I absolutely LOVE books about music & romance. Granted, this is NOT your regular rock-star-meets-love-interest read. Nope. This story is
Dayna R
Jan 13, 2014 Dayna R rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! It's not your ordinary love story! There's rock and roll! There's sexy love scenes! There's secrets! Fae (or Fallon... Which ever you prefer lol) is crazy relatable! Underneath the tattoos and rock star past she's just a girl navigating through life and trying to figure out who she is. Dane is the swoon-worthy drummer with troubles in his past still haunting him. Two souls trying to rise above and live with love, passion, and rock and roll! The love story between the ...more
Mary Gebhard
Apr 29, 2015 Mary Gebhard rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. It’s not your typical rockstar romance. For instance, the girl, Fallon, is the rockstar in this book, which I loved! Fallon or “Fae” is trying to get away from the rockstar life. Fae gets sucked back in when she starts to fall for Dane, who is trying to get in to the scene.

I’m not going to give any spoilers or reveal too much about this book because I think it’s the type of book you should read without knowing too much. It’s the kind of book that sucks you in, so is that
Stefanie Minshew
May 05, 2014 Stefanie Minshew rated it it was amazing
Huge fan of Kristen! I will preorder one click anything she writes! Fell in love with her writing in the crashing series...

Fae and Dane are so well written, their characters alone are trying to find their way in life but she gets a second chance in life, when Fae gives up who she was in her past is when their paths crossed and the chemistry was strong. Music was deep in their souls and the passion led them into a romance that was not always easy with her trying to hide who she was in her past an
Le Ann Foster
Jan 26, 2015 Le Ann Foster rated it really liked it
***I recieved a copy of this book from the author for a honest review***

I fell in love with this book. From beginning to end you will be hooked. I laughed and smiled through out this book.

Fallon aka Face is a strong woman to walk away from her old life. Done is Hot Bad A $$ drummer with alot of guilt about his past. Fallon and Dame are perfect match to help each other from the past and into the future.

Kristen has written a beautiful love story and I can't wait to see if there will be more of The
Maari
Jan 20, 2014 Maari rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, life gives us a second chance.. & love shows us who we really are, despite our own misgivings.

As always, Kristen doesn't disappoint! Her characters are well-developed, she grabs my attention from the start & wraps things up at the end, yet leaves me always wanting more! I really hope that this book turns into a series!! I'll be watching..
Jennifer Hanson
May 16, 2017 Jennifer Hanson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Hysterics in my opinion would be considered a rockstar romance, but this one is not your typical "rockstar romance" as it touches on the not so pleasant aspects of being a rockstar and trying to get out of the lime light so to speak. I absolutely LOVED Fallon/Fae and Dane and am so happy with how this book turned out. Kristen is a great writer that has the ability to make you feel right along with these characters as well as feel like you are right there with them.
Jackie Ziegler
May 13, 2017 Jackie Ziegler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story of heartbreak and loss. Fallon is a famous drummer whose life has been hell and just wants a clean break .. Dane is an up and coming drummer who meets Fallon and falls in love with her. . One heartbreak changes everything though. Is this for the good or the bad?

Probably my favorite Kristen book .. so glad I read this one
Carrie
May 07, 2017 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fallon & Dane are both struggling with loss - Fallon with a loss of self - and they have a very sweet story of helping each other heal. There are quite a few laughs & swoony moments in the story, along with times I just wanted to hug each of them because of their struggles. Enjoyable story!! : )
Gail
May 19, 2017 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diehard Kristen Hope Mazzola fan here... I've been lucky enough to have met her twice!!! She is a absolute sweetheart!! ❤

I loved this book so hard!! I love a good rocker book...
I loved Dane sooooooo much!!! And Fallon (Fae) is kickass!!! They were perfect
Both hiding from the past.. trying to make a fresh start..
All of Kristens books are soooo easy to read.. very quick..
Heather Charles
May 15, 2017 Heather Charles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, I loved this book. It was well written and kept my attention. It is a book about rockstars and no cliffhanger. I can't wait to read about the rest of the band mates and continue of Fallon and Dane.
Ariella
May 07, 2017 Ariella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Fallon needed to start over. She works at a magazine. Dane knew who Fallon really is a famous drummer. On Dane and Fallon second date she found out she was pregnant. Dane was there for her. I loved this book.
LizaJane Chronicles
I had never read a series based on music or musicians prior to reading this book. I’m kicking myself in the ass for it now. I thoroughly enjoyed this book beginning to end. My only complaint is that it was too short, I wanted to keep reading and reading about Fallon and Dane forever!

From the first page you’re immediately drawn to Fallon. She’s a recovering addict and struggling the same way many of us do with trying to stay away from the temptations that make us feel good or more like ourselves.
LaDonna
Feb 18, 2017 LaDonna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Electrified Guitars for The Hysterics

A steamy rockstar romance with a uniquely broken hero and heroine. Fae is trying to start life over again with a new name, a new job, in a new city and needs new friends to complete her rebirth. No, that sounds needier than the former Fallon Dunbar is. Fallon had been a drummer in a punk band until the sex, drugs and rock and roll lifestyle had almost made her once of its statistics. Only a handful of people knew her former identity when she got out of reh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Rebel (Bad Blooded Rebel, #1)
  • Sex, Desires & Rock n' Roll (Redemption Tour, #1)
  • Always Rayne (Always Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Relentless Rhythm (Tempest, #4; Black Cat Records, #7)
  • This Road: Part One (Road Son, #1)
  • Victory Run 1 (The Story of Victory Payne, #1)
  • Middle Eight
  • Incite: Adam (Sphere of Irony #1)
  • Because of Luke (Lewiston Blues/Black Family Saga, #1)
  • Epic (Fierce, #3)
  • Music Notes (Heartbeat, #3)
  • Wild Thing (Billionaires in Disguise: Georgie, #2; Rock Stars in Disguise: Xan, #2)
  • Only the Beginning (Rockin' Country, #1)
  • Toxic (Addiction, #1)
  • The Redemption (Hard to Resist, #3)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
Hi! Thanks for dropping in...

You want to know more about me? Well, let's see...
I am just an average twenty-something following my dreams. I have a full time "day job" and by night I am an author. I guess you could say that writing is like my super power (I always wanted one of those). I am the lover of wine, sushi, football and the ocean; that is when I am not wrapped up in the literary world.
Ple
More about Kristen Hope Mazzola...

“Because some things in life just hurt so much that you need to feel physical pain to start to heal from it.” 4 likes
“My inner Jiminy was screaming at me to stop playing with fire again, but I was a moth drawn to a flaming hot drummer.” 1 likes