Start by marking “Rules of Harte (Harte, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rules of Harte (Harte, #1)

Rules of Harte

(Harte #1)

Evangeline Andrews is quiet and unassuming, or at least she hopes that's how people see her. Fleeing her life in New Jersey to hide in Dublin the last thing she needs are her secrets following her across the Atlantic. And what's the best way to keep a secret? Keep your mouth shut.

Life is one big game for online-gaming genius Julian Harte, and he plays to win every time. Be
Published July 1st 2017 (first published May 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rules of Harte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules of Harte

Rules of Protection by Alison BlissWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThoughtless by S.C. StephensBig Game by Aden LoweBully by Penelope Douglas
Favorite Men
345 books — 195 voters
Don't Close Your Eyes by Lynessa LayneComplicated Moonlight by Lynessa LayneCalm Before The Storm by N.J. KuhrJust Like Animals by Hettie IversThe Enlightenment of Alexander by B.Q. Hanson
Must Read Romance
43 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Rules of Harte (Harte, #1)
• Lisa •
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
FOUR HARTE STARS.

description

Well hello there Brooke Harris, I think I've just gone and found myself a fabulous debut author. One mysterious anti-hero, one broken, shy heroine and lots of; 'what am I reading' in between. One thing I can say for certain is I'm already desperado for book two. Here are my 'Rules of Harte' bookish thoughts ...

What's it all about?

"Evangeline Andrews doesn't want him, but she needs him. Julian Harte doesn't need anyone, but he wants her."

Eva is a shy, unassuming twenty something
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
4, Maybe 4.5 Stars... The more I write down my thoughts the more I fall in love.....**I've a feeling my affection will grow and grow for this series....**

Wildest fantasy, most amazing daydream.

"Why do you do this?
"Because I can."

Rules of Harte is a super, sexy, erotic read about losing your inhibitions, living in the moment and being a stronger person. It has a cast of fabulous characters led by our hero and heroine, Julian and Eva. As soon as I saw the word escort in the blurb, I knew I ha
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
**2 Confused Stars**

First off, let me say that the book blurb really doesn't fit what this story is about. And even after finishing the book, I'm not sure that I would know how to explain what it's about??

Let's start with my biggest hurdle....Eva. I just did not understand her. Not her personality, not her actions, not her mannerisms.....nothing. Her personality came off as, quite frankly, bipolar. One minute she was introverted, shy, timid, reserved and the next she's fiery, aggressive, loud a
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 OMFG "NO TIME TO EVEN PUT UP AN UPDATE" STARS!!!!!!

Yes that's right this one was definitely worth everyone one of those 4.5 stars.....why....well because I practically devoured it in one sitting.....seriously I was like this for the entire story;

So much so that I didn't even get as far as posting any status updates because I simply refused to put it down. I even took it to the loo with me (sorry too much info maybe??.)

I almost broke my neck reading it whilst walking down the stairs, and I e
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 "Let's Play" Stars
 photo RulesofHarte_zpsd72024ec.jpg

This book was so surprising!! I started reading and found that I finished it in 2 days. I couldn't put it down!! The story unfolded and I just had to know more and more. I must say that the story was predictable but in a fabulous way. It was very well written, it was intriguing, sad, steamy, sweet, romantic and super hot.

Eva is a lonely American girl living in Dublin. She just blends in at the office. She really doesn't have a lot of friends. Her boss is a mysterious m
 ♥  Barb ♥
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Julian stars

An orgasm was the first step up the ladder. A double meant promotion.

~ARC provided in exchange for an honest review~

When I first started this book...i'll be honest...I didn't know what to expect....but once I met sexy, millionaire businessman Julian... yep i fell hook, line and sinker. This book has it all....sex, humor, sex, love, mystery, more sex....and i really really enjoyed it. Only had to change my undies twice...*wink*
Can't wait for more from this author....Thanks Bro
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Rules of Harte (Harte #1)
Author – Brooke Harris
Publication Date – January 12, 2014
Type – Part of Series
Genre –Romance
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Review
I have mixed feelings on this one….on one side – I loved this hot – steamy read….but then on the other hand – I had a hard time believing Eva would be so naïve and gullible along with an office not screaming SEXUAL HARASSMENT!

Now in a fantasy world…this would be the most spectacular read
Jamie
2.5-3 Confused but steamy stars

Well..this one's going to be hard to review because, honestly, I was confused a lot.. like, really a lot. Was it just me? Possibly.. I really tried with this one. The characters were "almost" likable, but I really don't feel like there was enough character development done to get an idea of who Julian and Eva really were....

We know Eva had pretty troublesome past but there was only one scene that let us know what happened to her to make her the semi closed off per
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Michelle
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly offered by the Author in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 ‘Libertia Supra Omnis Stars

Eva has moved from New Jersey to Dublin, a fresh start and a chance to escape a past she has never dealt with. But even after a year she remains invisible to those around her. When she gets her invite to the masquerade ball, the elaborate affair her boss puts on each year, she suddenly finds herself in need of an escort.

Julian Harte has wealth and power. He also likes to render his services to women
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

One naïve foreigner looking to restart a future in a foreign country.
+ One wealthy escort with a dark and mysterious secrets.
description ONE mandatory masquerade ball that will change everything.

Will Evangeline Andrews be the belle of the ball? Or will the ball drop when all the masks come off?

description

My thoughts: What an awesome book filled with secrets, intrigue, and suspense!! I had no idea where the author was going to take the plot but it all turned out to be to the books benefit.

I swear, Julian Harte was one
Debra
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it

★★★☆ 3.5 stars!

Review to come x

**Copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**
Ivy Deluca
Aug 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
29% in and I just...can't.

I got this as a Kindle Unlimited rental and I didn't realize that it's

a) a cliffhanger serial(which I loathe) and
b) there's involvement of the hero with other women (or it definitely seems like it, as the narrative is a bit jumbled) and that's a major turnoff for me.

The "mystery" of who Julian is - it's not a mystery, it's very clear. Eva isn't a compelling heroine. She keeps being described as a strong woman but you telling me isn't the same as showing me. About the
Vanessa
4 Hot Harte Stars!!!

photo RulesofHarteCasting_zps8b8d8556.jpg

"You're looking for a fairy-tale, Evangeline. I'm not Prince Charming. I've told you that."

Well then! What happens when an innocently shy girl gets caught in a game of seduction? Hot escort meets awkward, Bridget Jones type, geeky girl who just needs a hot date for her big upcoming office party. Seems innocent enough…right? Yeah…NO! This ain't your basic escort romance! This book caught me by surprise, as it starts out more on the lighthearted and comical side but the
Michelle
** Copy provided by author in exchange for honest review**

☆ ☆ ☆3-3.5 Game On Stars ☆ ☆ ☆

Rules of Harte

Rules of Harte follows Evangeline Andrews, a shy 27 year old American living in Dublin. Always following the rules and keeping her head down, she lives a simple 9 to 5 job. That all changes, when she engages on a website looking for an escort to accompany her to a job event. In a series of chats with the escort, Julian Harte challenges Eva to step outside the box and let go of her inhibitions. Julian awak
Jen
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really good. Felt Eva was a little too whiny sometimes, but hope the next book gives a better picture of her history.
Laci
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Now I have to wait for book two. You are killing me.
Reanell Tisdale
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!!

How do I express the love I have for this book? When I signed up for the tour, I didn't even read the synopsis. I went in totally blind and sometimes this is the best way to go into a book. So I started reading Rules of Harte and right away I was hooked.

We are introduced to Evangeline Andrews as she gets an invitation to a work party. Eva doesn't think too much of it though, so she rushes off to a meeting. During the meeting Mia(the office bitch) calls her out as being new. Eva is
Beth
This is the first time I have read this author and I plan to continue with the series, but I have to admit that I struggled at times.

The beginning was a little slow, but then it picked up and I was good to go. I also felt a little lost at times, I felt like I was missing something. This is a romantic suspense, but there was just a little too much suspense for me. There is a mystery as to why Eva is in Ireland, I know she is working there, but what is the reason that made her leave the US. Also,
Lady E
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Won't be reading the rest of these books. not my cup of tea.
Mara De Guzman
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Harte Stars!
Copy provided by Ms. Brooke Harris in exchange of an honest review

An awkward, timid and mostly ignored young woman, that is who Evangeline “Eva” Andrews is. She doesn’t have any friends and her lovelife is also non-existent. She hates her co-worker, Mia, and their boss, the mysterious Mr. Doe, gives her the creeps yet intrigues her at the same time. When a masquerade ball for their company was announced, she was borderline panicking. With no friends and date for the ball, Eva is
PJ
3 'Masked' Stars

First off, this book loses an entire star due to it being in dire need of editing. I don't understand why you wouldn't release a polished manuscript. Such a shame.

Secondly, I am a stickler for all the little details, like how a hand or a body gets from point A to B. I want to be able to visualize every movement or I get stuck. This ties in with my first comment, because a good editor would pick up on these moments.

All that aside, I really enjoyed this story. Especially Julian who
Brandy Roberts
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Playing Irish would be my first read by Brooke Harris but not the last there was a lot of things I found enjoyable but sometimes I got a little frustrated with the characters . This will have your blood rushing in all the right places along with flutters in certain places . The hero and heroine made a interesting pair with an intense attraction , a lot of surprises happend to were I didn't see coming . Hope to see more from the charecters it felt like some things are left a mystery excited to se ...more
Justadele
May 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Mallory
2.5-3 stars

I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. I figured out the mystery of Julian pretty early, and I wished it wouldn't have been what I thought.

The heroine seemed a bit like a pushover, and wasn't really upset with the stuff that mattered. I couldn't get a good read on her or Julian.

I'm not sure if I'll finish this series because I was not a fan of what went on before everything came to a head. The writing was good, but the story was so confusing at times.
Faz
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Im so bloody confused stars!!!
It all started with a game but what a confusing game it was.
Im really lost for words on this book seriously. I'm not sure if I want to read book two seeing how this book has me confused... However knowing my brain I might just take a break to read book two later on.
Nikki
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

This book is a wild ride, it is going to take you up down, twist you inside out. It is not emotional ride though; I did not find that I needed tissues, unless it was to wipe the drool from my mouth. The story starts off fast paced and has a ton of twists and turns, I think you will see them coming and understand them but why the female lead Evangeline did not.

Plain Jane, always unnoticed, that is how Eva lives her life. She feels inadequate and not very
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brooke Harris
What a ride! A guess who thriller from the beginning, Rules of Harte, sucks you in and MAKES you turn the page to find out what or who will happen next!

Evangeline Andrews has been passed over her whole life. A happy home, men, fashion sense...it all eludes her. She's run away from New Jersey to find sanctuary in Dublin.

The company social event of the year is looming. Everyone who's anyone in the office will be at the masquerade ball. Eva has been invited, well, instructed to att
Nikki
Aug 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, hoopla
Brit
May 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
ARC provided for my blog by the author for an honest review

3.0

I tried so hard to get into this book but I was so confused to the point were I was skimming throughout the book. It had major potential. The characters were likable in away but I didn't relate.
Maybe because I wanted to know more about Eva's past.
Also the characters traits were everywhere.

I had a hard time rating this one. at one hand I liked it the other hand I couldn't

but that was mostly due to some terminology

- Boy milk -
- Wet
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bargain Basement: $20 Amazon Gift Card 1 6 Jul 06, 2017 03:14PM
Free Books, .99, ...: Rules of Harte Blog Tour Giveaway! 2 12 Feb 27, 2014 07:51AM
BR - Rules of Harte - Crystal, Lana, Mo, Alleskelle - Starting 2/18/14 56 31 Feb 19, 2014 02:34PM

• Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • The Pagan Stone (Sign of Seven, #3)
  • Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1)
  • The Hollow (Sign of Seven, #2)
  • Timber (The Mountain Man's Babies, #1)
  • Angels' Flight (Guild Hunter, #0.4, #0.6, #0.8, #3.5)
  • Bucked (The Mountain Man's Babies, #2)
  • Number Neighbors
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • All These Hidden Scars (Loose Ends, #0)
  • Don't Ever Forget (Adler and Dwyer, #1)
  • Trust: Meghan & Quint (Fettered #5)
  • (Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1)
  • Baby Mine (Hunter & Lennon, #1; Roommate Duet, #1)
  • För mycket av allt
  • (Watch Me) Body You (Run This Town, #2)
  • Dating The Undead (Bite Nights, #1)

Harte (3 books)
  • Jersey Girl (Harte #2)
  • Feels Like Home (Harte #3)