Start by marking “Sympathy For The Devil” as Want to Read:
Sympathy For The Devil

Sympathy For The Devil

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
alternate cover edition of ASIN: B00GLR793C

"It's kind of like watching Lost, but with a much more satisfying ending." - PrettyOpinionated.com

What if you could change your world?

Sympathy For The Devil is the very original story about a fallen angel who decided it was time to change his world, find his way home, and create anew...in his own image.

On an ordinary Saturday af
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sympathy For The Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sympathy For The Devil

Jennifer Laube
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. First I must say that I recieved a copy of this in exchange for my HONEST opinion. This was my kind of book. It had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning all the way to the end (just over 400 pages). It's hard to explain without ruining the twists and turns, so I won't. But what I will say is that the description doesn't do it justice. I dragged my feet about starting it, but boy am I glad that I did. I was up to 3 am finishing it! I will be adding Mr. Levine to my "Authors to W ...more
Cynthia Jobin
Good book, Very poor editing.

I am only 30% finished with the book. I will finish it, but I had to stop and write this. I am so frustrated with the missing words and misplaced punctuation. I wish I could take a red pencil and make corrections. I only hope I can finish the book without going crazy.

Becca
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved all the twists that this book had to offer and am proud to have been able to have reviewed this novel. It is going to be hard to go into any sort of detail with this book review because that would simply give a lot of the mystery away. You will really enjoy the journey that the author takes you through and will want to know what is going to happen next. I will admit that there are some parts of the novel that can get confusing but everythig is explained in the end, so don’t fret if you s ...more
Niki
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a huge surprise, what an unique concept. Mr. Homan is a young man in a old man's body. he is in a lot of pain and can hardly function. His only distraction is his Saturday's in the Ball park.
On day when he is on his way back home it starts to rain and hard winds, he can barely keep himself standing and a stranger offers him help. And asks him "what if you could have your health and youth back again, what are you willing to do for that?"

Then there is Donavan a journalist who works cl
Nancy
Jan 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this for my honest opinion. This book is very different. It has a premise like no other book I have read. It is hard to review the book without giving anything away, but I will do my best.

The book is separated into three parts. The first part of the book was set up like a murder mystery, with paranormal mixed in. While, some of it was a little disgusting, I realize that you can't really have murder without it. I Found this part of the book to be intriguing and easy to read.
Jessi Arias-Cooper
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It’s not often that a book surprises me again and again, but Gregg Levine’s Sympathy for the Devil kept me guessing all the way through. Just when I thought I’d know where the story was headed, another twist would throw me again. I LOVE that.

It was a unique mystery thriller that had me riveted from start to finish. I’ll confess that I’m not one to reread books very often, but now that I know the outcome, I think I’m going to have to read it again to pick out the hints and details that smacked me
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There aren't enough stars to show how much I really enjoyed this book! The twists and turns and revelations in this story keep pushing you along to find out what's really going on.
I was a little confused about 60% through, but I was assured by the author that it's a mystery and all would be revealed! The confusion wasn't off-putting, by any means. It made me want to read faster so I could figure it out!

There were a few minor spelling errors, but I might not have the updated version. (or was too
Gina's Library
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
While this book is in the mystery genre, it is unlike any mystery you've read before. It takes a while to get to the mystery aspect. It's was a little slow at first but picked up quickly.

Unfortunately this is one of those books that is very hard to leave a review without giving away the story.

Let's just say things are not as they first appear to be. This is a great book to curl up with during this extremely cold winter.
Kristin
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This was actually a Did Not Finish. I got about 68% through and finally convinced myself to put it down. I can't put any more energy into a book that I dislike that much if I can't find anything redeeming in it after 68%. :(

Brian Slevin
Feb 13, 2014
added it
Jul 13, 2011
G.L. Levine
Dec 03, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Pamela
Dec 01, 2017
Virginia Bacigalupi
Jan 19, 2018
G.L. Levine
Jan 19, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura DeLuca
Lisa
Steve Weber
Anita Yancey
Jan 21, 2014
Kindle Book Club ...: Book Promotion: Sympathy For The Devil By Gregg Levine 15 17 Jan 17, 2014 07:21AM
G.L. Levine has been writing short stories for himself all of his life. His debut novel, Sympathy For The Devil, has been something he has been working on for just as long. Having the general concept of Sympathy For The Devil in his mind for years since college, G.L. started but never finished many stories that he felt just weren't telling the story in the way it was meant to be told. However, thr ...more
More about G.L. Levine