Start by marking “Seduced by the Playboy” as Want to Read:
Seduced by the Playboy

Seduced by the Playboy (The Morretti Millionaires #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
A whole new playing field of passion

Fiery newscaster Angela Kelly wants nothing more than to take the Windy City by storm. But with her show's dangerously low ratings, she stands to lose everything. The pressure is on to save her career, and a tantalizing exposé on wickedly sexy professional baseball player Demetri Morretti might be her last shot. That is, if she can ha
Published June 17th 2014 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Seduced by the Playboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduced by the Playboy

Monica Cardoza
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Things aren’t always what they seem.

I know that I love reading stories about how two characters think they hate each other and by the end of the story they are madly in love. I do have to say that it did take me a while to get into the story. When I started reading this story I didn’t know if it was going to move but I have to say that I got into it. I knew it took me a while but by a couple of characters I became intrigued because it seemed that the playboy was a totally softy. It seemed that o
Hsiau Wei
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story is about friendship, love, family dynamics and forgiveness woven into one. They started off wrong footing with Demetri confronting Angela for the article that she did about him. The video of them arguing leaked out and her boss want her to do an interview for Demetri to tell his side of the story. He doesn’t want to but her boss insisted her to get him to agree for a show. Being someone who is persistent, she is not backing down and as they spend time together, they begin to like each ...more
Tori
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in an ARC giveaway, this has in no way influenced my review/opinion.

While I liked this book I didn't really love it. The writing was great, the characters were well developed, the descriptions were perfect, and everything was good.
I just didn't LOVE it. It was good, and the writing was tasteful. I would recommend it just not very highly.
Tamaria
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book and was sooooo excited because I hardly if ever win anything!!! First off I am a huge fan of Mrs. Yaye, I just love the way she tells a story.

This book was very good from the begininng to the end. I liked how the hero knew who he was and what he wanted and went after it which included Angela the heroine.

Angela, I liked because although she appeared strong and determined she was a giver, and compassionate. However, because of what she did in the past, she felt she wasn't worthy o
Madonna
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received Seduced by the Playboy through the goodreads program. I was not required to review this book.

I really enjoyed reading about Angela and Demetri. This is a story that shows you can make all the plans in the world about your future; but in the long run; it's all about the plans God has for you and what He says you need in your life that will make you happy. The theme of the book, other than romance, seemed to be more about forgiveness...not for the person you forgive, but for yourself. You
Tiffany
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Angela Kelly is a newscaster who does a piece on Demetri Morretti and it doesn't paint him in a good light. Demetri decides to go and do something about it and he is determined not to back down and Angela isn't going to back down either. Both of them were surprised by the instant chemistry between the both of them. As they spend more time together they actually really like each other but there is someone from Demetri's life that doesn't want them together. Angela has to face some issues from her ...more
Karen
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pamela-yale
This was a great love story between Demetri and Angela. For a playboy he was an honest John that changed from his misunderstood ways. As for Angela, she had to,learn that secrets can ruin you and having you second guess yourself. Excellent read and I can't wait to read the next installment in the Morretti Millionaires series.

This is my second read of Demetri and Angela's love story and I must say that I enjoyed it just as much the second time as I did when I read it the first time!
Texas Diva
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgiveness a gift to yourself...

Demetri and Angela was a whirlwind read and romance. Dennett is an athlete that has forgotten the good he can do. Angela is a woman on the rise with a secret to hide. they fall in love. Supporting characters throw in drama, betrayal and a cry for their stories too be told. This is a recommend read. The Morretti are some kind of sexy.
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was the first book of it's type that I have ever read as far as the theme which was very sports related(baseball to be more specific). Cute book and nice read! Different from what I normally read!
Nikita Isaac
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading I could not put it down. Lord have mercy the hot and passion between Angela Kelly and Demetri Morretti had me fanning myself. Pamela wrote another great book. I counted down until the next one and now I'm counting down til the third one.
Kelly Murphy
home run

Pamela really hit a home run with book one of the morretti series. Angela and Demetri were so cute and made for each other. I can't wait to read the next book.
Tigger
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really 4.75 stars on this one!
Sade'
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book with great characters. It had the simple romance theme with a typical "challenge" I look forward to reading the 2nd book!
Alicia
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Story was a little different reading for me. Chemistry was fast and fierce between these two characters!! Made me smile
Brenda
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First of 3 book series and I LOVED IT!! Great and MUST read! Angela and Demetri had me on the edge of my seat from page one. They were so hott the screen of my e-reader got foggy .. lol
Teresa Mcmillian
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book...I can't wait until the next book in this series.
Yvonne
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a nice love story. I recommend it.
Dafort
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
CONCEPT
The concept of this story recluse athlete confronts a local newscaster for slander, which is then caught on camera forces this couple to embark on a journey that should lead to popularity but instead take the seductive route. Outside forces and people intervene that develop a few “bumps” in this growing relationship. The couple must learn to trust their feelings.
STORY
Synopsis: Fiery newscaster Angela Kelly wants nothing more than to take the Windy City by storm. But with her show's danger
Wendy
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
"Seduced by a Playboy" by Pamela Yaye which I won through Goodreads Giveaways is a delightful and entertaining romance that begins with Angela Kelly's scandalous and salacious report on "Eye on Chicago" about Demetri Morretti, a celebrity baseball player and notorious bad boy. Disgusted with its half truths and outright lies Demetri confronts Angela at the network and finds he's not only angry but attracted to the fiery reporter. What begins as a cat and mouse game between the two quickly ignite ...more
Nevena
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5 stars.

I received this book in a giveaway, and it has in no way influenced my review.

What can I say... Insta-love. Very fast-paced. The story could have been much better if the characters (especially Angela) weren't so one-dimensional. Honestly, the only redeeming factor is the relationship between Morretti brothers, but even they only appeared for like 5 pages of the book.

I thought Demetri was a sweetheart, and probably the most developed character in the book. Angela, on the
Summer
May 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
2.5 Stars. TV Reporter Angela does an exposé on baseball player Demetri’s bad boy ways and sparks fly between them.

The author did a great job of setting the glam scene for her story with the descriptions of the clothes and the décor, I totally pictured all of it, the romance, however, moved a little fast for me, I just wanted it to take a bit more time for them to transition from animosity to love.

My favorite aspect of the book was definitely the reversal of the traditional romantic roles, I lo
Livia
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book One of The Morretti Millionaire Trilogy, tells the story of Chicago Newscaster Angela Kelly and professional baseball player Demetri Morretti.

Angela's career is on the skids and to give it a boost she targets Demetri as her scandal star, reporting on his escapades and prowess with women. She knows nothing about Demetri's private life, only what's rumored and what's been reported in the tabloids. Demetri's had enough and intends to confront Angela at the television studio where she works. T
Diamond Drake
May 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Christine
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seduced by the Playboy tells the story of Angela Kelly who is a newscaster. She does a story on Demetri Morretti which isn't exactly flattering. Demetri heads to the station to confront Angela, and soon the sparks are flying between them.

Demetri and Angela were both interesting characters, and had strong personalities. I enjoyed them together, and had a good time reading this book.

The only issue that I had with the story is that the romance and proposal was very rushed. It wasn't very realisti
Jackie Roberts
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of Seduced By The Playboy in a Goodreads giveaway. Imagine the joy I felt winning a book by one of my favorite authors, Pamela Yaye.

What a great start to the Morretti Millionaires series. Demetri Morretti and Angela Kelly both had huge hearts, this made them ideal for each other. I really loved Angela because she challenged Demetri in so many ways. Pamela really know to take her readers on a journey. In this book you get romance, passion, secrecy, and forgiveness. If you are a fan o
Becky
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book threw Goodreads giveaway.

I really enjoyed this book! I thought the characters were well developed (I would have like the learn more about Simone and Nichola though). The story plot was well written. I love sports romances and was hoping for more baseball but I understand the reasoning with Demetri's injury why there wasn't any. All in all I would recommend this book to others and looking forward to reading the next!
Sandra
Jun 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a GoodReads giveaway.

The storyline was good as were the characters but the book lacked something to keep the momentum going. There was an overabundance of description of things and that extra space in the novel could have been used for more dialogue. Overall, "Seduced by a Playboy" is only an okay read!!!
Toni
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-fiction
From start to finish the story of Demetri Morretti (baseball player) and Angela Kelly (newscaster) catches your attention. Angela has misconceptions about Demetri and he sets out to show her that he's not the man she thinks he is. Demetri plays to ein and he wants to win Angela's heart. This is the 1st book in the Morretti Millionaire series.
Harlequin Books
"...the passion and the deep analysis of each character’s actions will keep readers entertained. The story moves at a realistic pace and is a very satisfying read" (RT Book Reviews). 4 stars

Miniseries: The Morretti Millionaires
Charimaim Terrell
Mar 17, 2015 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mush read
Love the book read the series to it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Way to Her Heart
  • Sweeter Temptation
  • When Morning Comes
  • To Desire a Wilde (Wilde In Wyoming, #3)
  • Her Perfect Candidate
  • Midnight Play (The Blue Dynasty, #2)
  • Sweet Silver Bells
  • Her Heart's Desire
  • Decadent Dreams (The Draysons: Sprinkled with Love #1)
  • Forever with You (Bayou Dreams #5)
  • Heat Wave of Desire (California Desert Dreams #1)
  • Legal Seduction
  • Our First Dance
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • Bachelor Unclaimed
  • Forever a Stallion
My love for reading developed at an early age. My parents, Daniel and Gwendolyn Odidison, were both avid readers and encouraged me to read as much as possible. Trips to the public library were the highlight of my week and by the time I was in junior high I was reading everything from biographies to suspense to True Confession magazines!

I got my big “break” when I was only fourteen-years-old. I rea
More about Pamela Yaye...

The Morretti Millionaires (6 books)
  • Seduced by the CEO