Start by marking “Kristy and the Baby Parade (The Baby-Sitters Club, #45)” as Want to Read:
Kristy and the Baby Parade (The Baby-Sitters Club, #45)

Kristy and the Baby Parade

(The Baby-Sitters Club #45)

The Baby-sitters just love little babies. So of course Kristy has the great idea of entering a float in the Stoneybrook Baby Parade. All the girls have to do is round up a bunch of adorable babies like Squirt and Emily Michelle, dress them in costumes, and plop them on a float. Easy, right?j

Wrong. The float looks like a big orange blob, the costumes are hideous, and the ba
Kindle Edition
Published February 25th 2014 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Kristy and the Baby Parade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kristy and the Baby Parade

Shira
Dec 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this is my first time reading this book!

straight-up awful book from ghostwriter Ellen Miles. this book has almost no merit. mrs. prezzioso wants a regular sitter for jenny and andrea but she mandates that that sitter (kristy) take an infant care class (an absurd premise considering the bsc members have all cared for infants before). the rest of the bsc decides to take it too, and then they annoy the reader with all the things they "learned" and how they "apply" that knowledge that they already h
Ciara
ugh. a baby-heavy kristy book. what could be worse? there is a shit ton of babysitting in this one. it opens with kristy at home, sitting for david michael & emily michelle. what the hell is up with the thomas/brewer clan & their obsession with middle name inclusion? the kids are bored & kristy suggests they make collages out of old newspapers & magazines. she idly reads the paper while they work, as 13-year-olds are wont to do. she stumbles across an announcement about the biann ...more
Lisa O
Extra star for the mention of Darryl Strawberry. 🤩😂
Logan Hughes
At the behest of Mrs. Prezzioso, all of the baby-sitters take an infant care class at the community center. So that’s one part of the book. Then Kristy takes a long-term job with Mrs. Prezzioso, helping her get Andrea ready to be in the biennial Stoneybrook Baby Parade. The BSC decides it should be a part of the parade, too, but they go about their planning sort of half-assed. Nobody consults with anyone else or works together, and they end up with a bad float.

I sort of like the idea of BSC boo
Jenn
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc
Kristy narrating + lots of babies + a poorly executed K*Idea = one awfully boring book. One of the only good things about this book is that the cover artist didn't make them look as awful as they should have. Also, there is a truly stupendous Claudia outfit later on. And by "stupendous" I mean "horrendous". :)

Okay, so the book starts out with Kristy baby-sitting David Michael & Emily Michelle and she sees an ad in the paper for the town baby parade. I know, weird right? There's so many thing
Marian
Feb 22, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, bsc, readit
This is a bit of an odd one. Kristy finally has a Big Idea that turns out horribly although it's never fully explained why, though it was bound to happen.

It's a given that when a BSC member suggests that the club enter a bunch of their charges in the baby parade, everyone else will agree it's a good idea.

If you're thinking there aren't that many kids under three in BSC-land at this point, you'd be right. Luckily the girls sign up for a class on newborn care at the request of a client and find a
Swankivy
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I actually barely remember this one, but must've read it at least once because I remember bits and pieces. I think it was just a really weird and disjointed book. What I remember more than the "baby parade" from the title is that the babysitters decided to take a class on taking care of babies, which results in them both being more qualified to take care of babies AND finding more babies in the area to take care of. And the reason they're focusing on this is that kids that are under age three ar ...more
Maria Elmvang
Probably my least favourite BSC so far. I just couldn't make myself care for it at all. And Jessi didn't know what colic was? Jessi, whom we're later told helped care for Squirt when he was a baby and had colic? Get your facts straight, ghost-writer (although to be fair it was the writer of "The Babysitters Remember" who got it wrong, as that one was written after this one).
Kate
This had to be the most sad-sack BSC book (and cover) of them all. The baby-sitters want to have a float in the parade, but everything goes wrong with their Old Woman Who Lives in a Shoe theme. The boot is orange, the kids have weird costumes... there was no moral to this other than: the Baby-Sitters Club is pathetic. But we already knew that.
Alex
This is by far the weirdest BSC book ever. As a kid I thought it was boring, but re-reading it now all I could think of was how completely odd this book is.

Let's start with the fact that Mrs. Prezzioso asks Kristy to attend a month-long class on taking care of babies before she can sit for Andrea, and all the other baby-sitters decide to attend as well. Are we supposed to believe that none of them have known how to take care of babies before this? It's not like it's an infant first aid class or
lisa
Dec 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kristy and the other baby sitters bite off more than they can chew, and lose themselves in the process of making a float for a "baby parade." This book bored me to tears when I was a kid, and since I don't remember anything about it, I wonder if I actually read the whole thing -- I have a feeling I skipped over a lot of parts.

Things I remember from reading this as a kid:
The only thing I remember about this book is that the baby sitters fight about what theme their float should be. Stacey wants t
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
this was one of the "fluffier" books and kind of felt slapped together for the sake of coming up with something for the month's book. Of course, Kristy's take-charge attitude is part of the problem - and the solution.
Kristen Staubitz
I don't remember reading this one when I was younger and I guess that's because it bored the hell out of me. This whole book felt like they had no idea what to write about for a Kristy book and just pulled the first thought remotely possible out of their ass and went with it.
Samantha
Of course Stoneybrook has a baby parade! That's totally normal!

I'll be sobbing in the corner if you guys need me.
Grace Castellucci
I liked the book. I didn't really get as intrested in this one as the others. These books are really good though. You should read them.
Jen
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Too saccharine for me. This was one I missed reading as a child, and I think I'm too old to enjoy this one the first time through now.
Julie Decker
Kristy and the other babysitters take an early childhood care class, which leads to them being introduced to more babies to care for. With so many cute babies, Kristy thinks it'll be great to make a float for the upcoming parade and have all the babies ride on it. But when the babysitters collaborate, nobody really wants to work together toward one vision. And how much did they learn at that class on how to actually take care of little babies anyway?

This book had an overall hacked-together feeli
April
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, reviewed

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc, childrens
Ugh. This was really NOT one of the better ones... two stars is probably being too kind, but where the BSC is concerned, I have to reserve my single star of EPIC FAIL for Claudia's Freind Friend which even now makes me want to punch things.
Jessica
Sep 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-collection
Not as 'action-packed' as the usual books.
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Rachael Mcclain
I loved all of these books when I was a young girl! My Aunt Ann made sure that I had all of them I could get my hands on... They are great reading for all young girls!
Nancy
Oct 31, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereading
In which Stoneybrook, for some reason, thinks having a parade of babies would be a good idea, and the club makes a horrible, horrible float. I. Hate. This. Book. Always have, always will.
Prisha
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes realistic fiction
It was interesting, I guess I could say, to see how people of my age acted almost thirty years ago, and to relate to them.
Amanda
Feb 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
A good series that I enjoyed as a child.I would recommend this to children as I still remember the story to this day.
Pranali
a fine book on babies
Rachel Brand
This was one of the first BSC books I read, and it inspired me to write my own rip-off BSC books. Which no one will ever be permitted to read.
Cws
JAR4 Mar
Dec 19, 2012

• The Middle School Gets Married (Sweet Valley Twins and Friends #68)
  • Face-Off! (Girl Talk, #2)

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 131 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)