Start by marking “Adrenaline Crush” as Want to Read:
Adrenaline Crush

Adrenaline Crush

Published September 23rd 2014 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Adrenaline Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adrenaline Crush

Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

3 out of 5 stars (Please read my detailed rating system below). I just finished reading this title. Full review to come. Not bad, but there were definitely huge holes in the plot and relationship development. I was a little skeptical about a book being able to be this short, and my theories about things missing were correct. I feel like this book would've been so much better if there had been mo
Nadine
Jul 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
Wow what did I just read and why didn't I just walk away? I'm slightly appalled that this book is being marketed to kids 12 years old and up. I read all genres of books. I love and enjoy YA. I would not let my 15 year old read this. I question the editor who took on this book and the publisher.

The main character is an adrenaline junky. A wreckless one. She's injured and ends up having to go to physical therapy for her broken ankle. However the center she goes to has her attend group therapy as
Juhina
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Adrenaline Crush was a very quick book. I had my doubts in regards to any character development with a book so short. When I started reading, I honestly wasn't a fan of the main protagonist, Dyna. Dyna seemed such a stereotypical adrenaline junkie. It's all about getting that rush rush rush. That is all that went in her head. Once she ended up splintering her ankle from a fall that she could have avoided if she didn't think she was indestructible, that is when the book became more interesting fo ...more
Gabby Sweetblazinggoddesslol
omg i wanna read this soooooo freaking bad i mean seriously why are you doing this to me laurie im like this

i mean seriously why i just want to read it is that so wrong.

im sad but all i can do is wait so i shall be sitting here like this
Bryce
May 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
I got a few chapters into this book when I ran into this: "'You're late,' a large shemale at the head of the circle snaps". Seriously, shemale? The whole paragraph is extremely disrespectful, and I had my mouth hanging open in shock after reading it. It's 2015, I thought that we had moved on from this type of ignorance, but apparently not...
Princess Bookie
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-net-g, read2014
My Thoughts: This was such a fun cute little novel. But it also had a deeper message.

We are introduced to Dyna who is adventurous and likes to take chances. She’s always doing something, riding a bike, running, hiking, she has so many big dreams.

One day Dyna starts hanging out with a boy. Well, on this same day she falls and hurts her leg pretty bad. She’s got to be on crutches for a while and we see a lot of this new boy. His name is Jay.

Dyna has to attend a recovery meeting every week. She m
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I am FREEEEEEEEEEE!!! Full review to follow!
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read Adrenaline Crush because I am drawn to books about injuries or illnesses, so when I saw that she was slowed down by the pretty serious ankle injury it peaked my interest... And then mentioning the war vet, it sealed the deal. I like to read about men in uniform esp the younger ones, they bring a unique perspective and I have all respect for the military heroes.

I liked Dyna, and although I am certainly not a daredevil nor do I enjoy high adrenaline things like biking and rock
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those divisive books that readers will either really enjoy or entirely loathe. I am on the positive end of that spectrum, luckily, though I can understand why others might have complaints. Adrenaline Crush took a tough subject and put a positive spin on it, but it was a bit predictable.

Okay, more than a little
Rachel
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review
ADRENALINE CRUSH is a heartwarming and engaging story with an incredibly positive message at its core. When the story’s protagonist, Dyna, has an accident that results in a potentially life-changing injury, she has to fight for her recovery and decide whether to let fear dictate her life.

Through her interactions with the others in her therapy group who have suffered even graver injuries – especially Pierce, an injured war hero who challenges her to be the girl she used to be – she’ll learn that
Kathy Martin
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book description tells the main points of this story but what it misses is the way the author sweeps the reader into Dyna's emotions. I am notably "risk-averse" but still found myself feeling the rush that Dyna feels when she almost wipes out on her mountain bike and when she does her barefoot climb above the swimming hole.

I was also with her when she wakes up in the hospital and fears that she will lose her foot and fears that she will never again be able to do the daring and dangerous thi
Nikki S
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, September isn't looking too promising to me anymore. I was so excited about all the books that were coming out, but then as I started reviewing them, I realized that there’s only a few that I've liked so far.
And this one doesn't make that list. You may think this is strange because I even did a WoW post on it, but unfortunately, it wasn't what I thought it would be. Why you ask? The writing style. She was super annoying and she said some off the wall things. She made me real aggravated
Cheryl
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! The characters are so likeable and so understandable as they grow and change. The story is engaging and full of enough romance and uncertainty to keep the reader engaged until thievery last page. YA fans will love this book!
Amanda Coppedge
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I keep thinking about the characters in this story, wondering how they are doing. I fell head over heels in love with this one.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
I really enjoyed this one. It's a quick read with a great message. Full review to follow on my blog - A Life Bound By Books soon.
Kibbenza
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
When Dyna(mite) Glider, reckless adrenaline junkie extraordinaire, pushes it too far, she ends up with a devastating injury, a new-age physical therapy group, and something she's unfamiliar with--fear. Fear of being hurt again. Also there's some love-triangle stuff with these two guys: one who wants to coddle her and keep her safe, and the other who wants to push her to get back on the horse, so to speak.

I liked the book a lot, but it felt like the ending was really sudden? I guess I didn't rea
Maggie
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, 2014, ebook

Adrenaline Crush is one of those difficult books for me. It wasn't a bad book, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to anyone and in certain circumstances I might even try to talk someone out of reading it. A perfectly ok book is my normal 3-star rating, but a book that has some issues and isn't for me is my normal 2-star rating which is how I ended up giving Adrenaline Crush 2.5 stars.

When I first started reading Adrenaline Crush, which was in bits and pieces between ca
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I received from the publisher.

Is it just me or are more YA novels bringing in young combat veterans from the war in the Middle East as love interests? There was Something Like Normal by Trish Doller in 2012, there’s I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios coming next year, and there’s this one: Adrenaline Crush. There are countless others I’m forgetting or unaware of, but it’s funny how this war has been going on for so long and so man
Margie
Another amazing story from one of my favorite authors! Laurie Boyle Crompton has a gift for creating strong female characters, realistic and relatable relationships and swift story-lines...

Dyna is an adrenaline junkie - without a second thought, Dyna throws herself into the most life-threatening adventures you can ever think of. It's in her blood; her parents are hippie-like seize-the-day on-the-whim, and her brother is an avid mountain biker and sky-diver. Dyna loves nature and all the hidden t
Emily Elizabeth
3.5 Stars

Adrenaline Crush was a short, authentic story about staying true to yourself even when faced with the most difficult of challenges. This is the first book I've read by this author, and based on my experience, I would not be hesitant to pick up another. It was quite charming, and my interest never strayed from the story once I started it.

Dyna is an adventurous young woman who never backs down from a challenge. She has goals and plans and confidence, until a horrible fall that leaves her
Estelle
3.5 stars.

Initial thoughts: There were a lot of great details in this book even if it was really short. Could have used more development in some areas but for the most part I enjoyed Dyna and her parents and her fear of getting hurt after she put herself in one dangerous position after another.

Review originally posted on: Rather Be Reading Blog

So 192 pages is short for a young adult book, right?

The size intrigued me because there’s only one other I can think of (Something Like Normal by Trish Do
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Adrenaline Crush is a quick read that's somewhat of a coming of age story. Dyna is a huge daredevil -- her whole family thrives in living on the edge, and she's no different. An accident early in the book changes her life, though, and suddenly she's settling into a completely different lifestyle. She has a steady boyfriend for once, one who isn't nearly the thrillseeker that Dyna is. And even as she heals physically, she's still struggling mentally with fear and anxiety. The book follows her thr ...more
Brooke
Dec 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Won this book in a giveaway and couldn't be happier!

Summary: When a daredevil teen pushes herself too far, she must choose between two boys: the one who wants to keep her safe, and the one who dares her to return to her old self.

Seventeen-year-old Dyna comes from a family of risk takers and is an avid thrill-seeker herself, until the day she splinters her ankle in a terrible fall. Her whole life goes from mountain biking and rock climbing to sitting at home and attending group sessions at the b
Sandra (Waiting For Wentworth)
Have you ever started a book and immediately disliked the protagonist? And then spent the rest of the book trying to find something - anything - to like about them? Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt about Dyna in Adrenaline Crush.

I immediately thought that Dyna was very selfish and self centered. I didn't like that she came off as a major tease who made a point of messing around with guys and letting things go too far, only to put on the brakes and leave the guys hanging. She was also a real
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Such a shame. I really did want to like this one. I loved the opening, where Dyna picks out a boytoy. Dyna, which I suspect is short for dynamite, likes action of all sorts, including hooking up with guys. This sounds like the sort of sex positive contemporary I enjoy. Unfortunately, things quickly got weird.

Weird thing #1: "I just want to stir up this simmering July afternoon. And while fooling around is a definite possibility, I'm not about to hand over my pink."

Weird thing #2: "Mom and Dad bo
nick
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc

Adrenaline Crush could have been a decent read had the book been longer, allowing for the characters to develop and the romance to flow nicely. What we have instead, at 192 pages, is a rushed book that doesn't manage to turn into a memorable story in any way.

The main character, Dyna, as the title of the book states, is an adrenaline junkie. She craves that adrenaline rush and is always putting herself into situations that non-junkies would find scary and completely dangerous. Her latest activity
Katie
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before reading Adrenaline Crush, I hadn’t heard much about it but what I had heard wasn’t the greatest. I went in with low expectations and the book definitely surpassed them. I found myself really enjoying Adrenaline Crush and I powered through this book!

Dyna isn’t an easy character to like for a while. She’s fearless, at first, and totally willing to go after whatever she wants. However, after her accident, she’s scared of all the things she used to love and she thinks safe is the best way to
Rachel
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Received from NetGalley as an ARC for review.

I am really torn as I write this review. I’m not sure I will put this on my classroom bookshelf, but I can think of a couple of particular students I would suggest read it because it fits their personalities. And by the time I was done reading, I really liked Dyna, the main character, which is completely opposite to how I felt about her at the start of the story.

At first I struggled to connect to Dyna. She comes from a family whose motto is all about
Kay
Oct 06, 2014 rated it liked it

Adrenaline Crush should have made my heart race. It’s just too bad it lacked the uniqueness and excitement I was expecting from the cover and the description of the synopsis to do so.

Adrenaline Crush is a good book, but it didn’t leave any lasting impression on me as a reader. I read about 100 books a year and Adrenaline Crush isn’t going to be one I’ll remember, it just didn’t stand out in the crowd. It was average.

I liked the main character, Dyna, a great deal. She is a crazy fun daredevil who
Maia
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Okay, let's begin this review with a resounding cry of, "Stop using the termshemale in the year 2015."

Seriously, that's so gross.

Let us move directly on towards the
oh wait we've
entered into the land of
poetry
and deep internal thoughts...
See, even a random mothafucka on the internet
can make things seem
like poetry
by hitting the enter key
a lot.

I also want to take a second to giggle at the names of the love interests in this story. Like, a good hearty chuckle. Please do it with me at your computer/

• First Kisses and Other Misfortunes (Grimbaud, #1.5)
  • Thirty Sunsets
  • The Boy I Love
  • Infinite Repeat (The Art of Lainey, #0.5)
  • Evidence of Things Not Seen
  • Vivian Divine Is Dead
  • The Break-Up Artist (Break-up Artist, #1)
  • Journey Across the Hidden Islands
  • Wild
  • The Summer Invitation
  • Buzz Kill
  • The Opposite of Love
  • Summer of Yesterday
  • The Pretty App (App, #2)
  • Returning to Shore
  • Deadly Little Sins (Prep School Confidential, #3)
  • The Prince of Venice Beach