Start by marking “The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)

The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses #5)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  23,453 Ratings  ·  442 Reviews
When Raven returns to Hipsterville's cryptic goth haunt, the Coffin Club, she discovers a secret door to another disco-"The Dungeon"-that is inhabited by vampires only. Raven learns that the nefarious Jagger Maxwell has welcomed the vampire clan into the club and has gained the popularity he missed in Romania. He is poised to take over Hipsterville, until a new vampire nam ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 177 pages
Published June 24th 2008 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Coffin Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Coffin Club

The Host by Stephenie MeyerFirelight by Sophie JordanShatter Me by Tahereh MafiDeadly Cool by Gemma HallidayNightshade by Andrea Cremer
best "eye" on the cover
730 books — 1,836 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsShiver by Maggie StiefvaterHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickBlood Promise by Richelle Mead
To Read
746 books — 768 voters

More lists with this book...

Briar's Reviews
The Coffin Club by Ellen Schreiber is one of my sweet obsessions in the YA genre.

Vampire Kisses was one of those series I binged read on a school trip. They were all adorable, they were sweet and it was everything I needed at the time. Going back to them, they are for sure my guilty pleasure. Happy endings, cute drama, adorable romance - everything I need in a guilty pleasure during rough times!

These reads are fast, and somewhat mindless. There's no crazy Dan Brown plot lines or Inception like m
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

I actually thought DANCE WITH A VAMPIRE, book four of the VAMPIRE KISSES series, was going to be the last one. So I was overjoyed to find out that the story of Raven and Alexander continues in THE COFFIN CLUB.

It is now summer vacation and Raven is missing Alexander. At the end of the last book, Alexander and his caretaker, Jameson, left Dullsville for Hipsterville to return the young Valentine to his family, leaving Raven all alone. Now that school is out,
Mary
Nov 11, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya
This was probably the worst book I’ve read this year, which is a real disappointment because I’ve heard that it’s really popular with teen vampire fans and I was thinking of purchasing the series for our YA collection here at the library. The dialogue is stifling, the writing is filled with clichés, and the teen heroine Raven is just plain dumb. I know that teens are often impulsive, risk takers, but Raven puts the hardiest X-game athletes to shame with the hazards in which she becomes involved. ...more
Kimberly
Non stop goth/vamp action in this book 5. I can not get enough of this series.
This one was fantastic. The author really draws a masterpiece of great proportions in how it would be to be a mortal surrounded by vampires. To be in love with a gorgeous vampire who soulfully loves and protects his mortal girl, denying his true nature to bite...The underground vampire dance club and the descriptions of it and the wild members just blew me away.
I have never before been into vampire stories, but this s
Ariel
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This had to be the worst of these books so far...
I thought Summer would bring something new and exciting, and her going back to see Aunt Libby held interesting prospects. I thought, well maybe this will be the book that she turns...

NOPE. Why? Why can't she just turn already? People love a selfish character. I would love her so much more, nah, like her, if she just took the plunge and did it. So what about her family, they play such a small role anyway! This book really didn't hold much value bec
Liviania
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Just a warning: this review begins somewhat harsh, but becomes nicer. I promise. The Vampire Kisses series happens to be a series that I have kept reading mostly because I keep receiving review copies. Otherwise, I would have stopped after the first novel. The impressions of the first novel stayed with me for quite awhile, and I believe for valid reasons.

My two main issues were Raven as a goth and Raven’s relationship with Alexander. As both of those are central to the books, it did cause quite
Lauren Stoolfire
What's keeping Raven's vampire boyfriend, Alexander, from returning to Dullsville? She has to find Alexander to figure out what's going on. Along the way, Raven can't resist checking out the Coffin Club. But when she stumbles upon a secret door in the club, she descends into a dim catacomb--to a hidden hangout where the drink of choice is blood, the real Coffin Club. Exploring the club is too tempting for her to resist, even after coming face-to-face with Alexander's enemy.

A friend of mine let m
Ahmad Sharabiani
Sep 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5), Ellen Schreiber
Lina
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
THIS SERIES ARE AMMAIZZINGG..:x:x:x.!!!
Karin
Jun 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
This installment of the Vampire Kisses series is a delight. It is much better than the last couple in the series. Granted, there are still problems with the novel, like Raven ALWAYS gets out of trouble too easily and she never gets caught by the adults in her life when she is doing something she isn’t supposed to. These issues don’t take away from the storyline thought.

It’s summertime in Dullsville and Raven is chomping at the bit to get out of school. The only thing putting a damper on her plan
Peace Love and Reviews
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
School is out! Alexander took off leaving Raven at Dullsville. it's not what you think, he took off to bring his nemesis young brother back to him. But being Raven she had to see Alexander, so she set off to have a summer at her Aun Libby's place back in Hipsterville. Drawn to this Gothic bar named Coffin Club she decided to visit it once more. Two things: to see if Jagger is still in town and to belong. It was her dream club only she discovered something much more underground- or should I say u ...more
Kayla Eklund
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it
The Coffin Club is the fifth installment in the Vampire Kisses series. While this book was good, I didn’t like it nearly as much as the first four books in the series. The Coffin Club felt like a filler book for the middle of the series. While we learned some important information, most of it seemed like things like the reader could have lived without knowing. The plot didn’t bring any new problems left unresolved for the next book. All of the problems were over with by the end of the book. A co ...more
Karyn
Nov 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tween
Bryana wells
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire-kisses
this book was one of my favorites from this series. which means a lot because all of the books in this series are amazing!! at first i got very mad because of the fact that i thought alexander was going to be gone the whole book, but when she went to that mansion and found alexander i was very super happy. alexander just keeps getting better and better to me every book. i love this book and i think that its just wonderful. romance is my weakness and this book is megga romantic.
Kelsey
May 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire-kisses
OMG!i luved it.best one so far.I LUV PHOENIX. Phoenix is amazingly mysterious and hottttt.i luv his hair.Purple and black baby.Alexander got on my nerves till the end when u find out...omg jaggers awesome in dis one. I <3 Pheonix!
Shweta Choudhary
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
It has always been good to read Raven and sterling's sweet romance. its so soothing and calm. cute. I like raven how she cared about her boyfriend ..brave. I missed trevor too in this. I love her aunt.
I am gonna read more .
S. Conorich
This one tottaly shocked me! For one the ending who knew that the guy was Alexander!? Not me! Oh wow i was really shocked! Oh and Thats the last book at my school for that saga! So sad!
Aphrodite
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires
wow such a twist cant w8 to get the next one!!!:D
Sara
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was fun but oh BOY do my eyes hurt after all those eyerolls. RAVEN, WHY ARE YOU SO NAIVE AND RECKLESS? Raven is a classic example of 'curiosity killed the cat', except she'll actually die one day!

description

So basically, they go back to the Coffin Club, which used to be a gothic club that Jagger was running. Only now he's turned it into an actual Vampire Club in the dungeon underneath the actual club. WHAT EVER COULD HAPPEN IF A MORTAL GOT INSIDE?

The more I read these books, the less reason I se
Braden Brookman
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is very exciting i couldn't put it down! In this book a strange boy shows up and starts hanging around Raven's little brother and his friend Henry and when Raven has her suspicions about him she does some digging and finds out that his name is Valentine and that he is related to Jager and Luna. Alexander and Raven find out that Valentine is looking for his siblings and wants to be reunited with them so Alexander leaves Dullsville to help Valentine find his siblings and reunites them to ...more
Mary Bronson
I think that this series is getting better and better. This is a great short vampire romance novel. I like Raven as a character. This book shows how she knows she is different from a lot of people in her life, but when she goes to The Coffin Club she knows that this was a place she can be herself and shine.
Mandy Jee
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire
Bought this book 4years ago at a bookstore, it's on big discount because the bookstore is closing soon. I love reading it until now. I read it more than 10times! Wanting to buy the other series but it's not in my area....look foward for this book to go over Asian area(my area I assume)!
Elmo
Kayleigh
Adriel
Niko
A well written book. Enjoyed reading it.
  • Bad Blood (Blood Coven Vampire, #4)
  • Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2)
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • The Taste of Night (Dangerous Girls, #2)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Dating for Demons (Half-Blood Vampires, #3)
  • Night Life (Vamps, #2)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Never Bite a Boy on the First Date
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #3)
Before I took pen to paper, I was an actress. I attended a local university majoring in theatre and spent a summer in London at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts where I learned about the “Old Bard” from amazingly talented teachers.

When I returned from London, I relocated to Chicago where I lived for five years. There, I graduated from the Second City Training Center and performed improv, Shakes
More about Ellen Schreiber...

Vampire Kisses (9 books)
  • Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)

“Black is a girl's best friend.” 341 likes
“Raven: "Don't you notice that?"
Alexander: "Notice what?"
Raven: "The girls?"
Alexander: "What girls?"
Raven: "Hello! You were worried about bringing me to a bar when all along I should have been concerned about bringing you."
Alexander: "I don't know what you are talking about."
Raven: "The girls are drooling all over you!"
Alexander: "Well, there is only one girl I want to be with and she's right here.”
75 likes