Start by marking “Conning For Keeps (Agents of TRAIT, #2)” as Want to Read:
Conning For Keeps (Agents of TRAIT, #2)

Conning For Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #2)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Lovers undercover…Secret Agent Marissa Jones has a gift. A con artist to the core, after deep hypnosis she can turn into someone else entirely. Marisa’s gift has gotten her into hot water over the years, but now more so than ever. With her smoking hot partner by her side, she needs to convince him that not only is she her true self, but also that she can be trusted—even in ...more
Published February 3rd 2014 by Entangled: Ignite

To ask other readers questions about Conning For Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conning For Keeps

Desire & Deception by Sahara RobertsPretty Reckless by Jodi LintonFor Love or Money by Cathy PerkinsPretty Shameless by Jodi LintonPretty Lawless by Jodi Linton
Entangled Suspense
23rd out of 23 books — 36 voters
Captured by Victoria LynneUntie My Heart by Judith IvoryThe Bridal Season by Connie BrockwayRitual Sins by Anne StuartTrue Pretenses by Rose Lerner
Con: Confidence Men and Women in Romance
22nd out of 78 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

**I received an ARC of this book in exchange for this honest review**

With this second installment in her Agents of TRAIT suspense romance series, Ms. deLaney has confirmed that she has a true mastery of the art of the novella. Novellas, by their very nature, are often unsatisfying and under-developed – but not with this series. Each character is fully realized and the conflict is intense, yet brought to us in a delightfully smaller package that allows for enjoyment on any schedule.

The series pre
Melissa Hayden
Steamy little agent read. We go on a mission with Marissa and Trevor now. Their histories have a heavy hand in why they've acted as such, but this mission will change things for them.

Marissa is teamed with Trevor, one she's partnered with for years now, on this mission to get a famous painting away from the deadly gangster like father. The kicker in the irony, she has deep feelings and desire for Trevor and this pose as engaged and a group wedding at the en
***ARC received through Netgalley***

In this second book of the series, the author focused on Marissa and Trevor. They are partners in a mission where they have to rescue a painting from the hands of the bad guys. They both have an history linked to this: she's an ex con artist and has always been fascinated by this particular painting and its myth. And he wants to revenge his friend's death. That brings suspense and mystery.

But the most interesting part (for me at least) is that they're both at
Sadie Anjum
I'm really enjoying reading the Agents of TRAIT series. It was very well written. I really couldn't stop reading until I had finished it. Seleste's sex scenes are very masterfully written, she's awesome! I love the main characters, how they had a colourful past that clashes with their lives as covert agents. Makes doing their jobs interesting. Marissa is sassy, kick ass chick who doesn't take any nonsense from anybody. Definitely my favourite character in the book. Her partner, who she falls for ...more
Marissa is a con artist, who works for TRAIT as an agent. she is teamed up with Trevor to get a painting from a Mafia boss. but nothing is as it seems at the beginning, not only have both of them their own problems with this mission but also are they attracted to each other - and they have to pose as an engaged couple.

this was a fun read with some steamy scenes and Mrs. deLaney knows how to write them. Nevertheless I missed the emotional development, the developing trust. the story was not perfe
Rating: 4 1/2 stars

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. I was not compensated in any way.
Marissa Joens works for TRAIT. This is the second in a series but I found that this book could be read as a stand-alone. If you like this book as much as I did, you may want to go back and read book one titled Gaming for Keeps. Then you will get to know more about what TRAIT is all about.

Trevor Harris and Marissa are going on a mission together. I
Zarith dol
4 stars
Marissa is a con artist under TRAIT payroll (government agency, etc) who has the gift to be under hypnosis and turned into somebody else entirely. On a assignment to stole a re known painting Certain Laughter that has be said to be a curse. The plan is to infiltrate the mob boss's son wedding event as a couple, earn the said mob trust to be near the painting and stole it away. Her partner? Trevor an agent who she has a crush in like forever. Trevor deep trust issue against Marissa for bei
DelAnne Frazee
Genre: Romance
Tags: Contemporary Fiction, Novella, Mystery, Suspense, Interracial Romance
Sensual Level: Explicit
Overall Rating: Very Good

Marissa Joens, an agent of TRAIT, has a very special and unique talent. Using hypnosis she is able to become anyone and fool everyone. The brash young woman with
Marissa is a former child con artist that has been recruited by the good guys, only problem is that not all her co-workers think she's fully reformed. Trevor has to work with Marissa on this mission but he thinks she's only in it for herself, and not trusting her means keeping a close eye on her. Unfortunately, that also means being close to the woman he's been wanting for years ..... and the feelings are mutual.

This is the second book in this series by deLaney and I really enjoyed this one. I l
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
** This is an adult book**

This book is sizzling!

What happens when you take under cover agents, a con artist, a mock wedding, and hot sexual tension? A steamy read that will have you wanting to read more about Trevor and Marissa.

For years now Marissa and Trevor have been partners. Their sexual tension building, but never something they've given into. Given their past histories, it's easy to understand why neither crossed that line. When they're partnered up to get a famous painting back from a
Britt Marczak

Reading anything that Seleste deLaney writes is just plain fun! While this is book two in her Agents of TRAIT series, it has a slightly different feel than book one, Gaming for Keeps, but still obviously in the same world, which really speaks to Seleste's strengths as a writer.

I loved reading about how Marissa and Trevor's relationship grew. Marissa has an awesome attitude and some really great lines. Trevor is, well, just too damn hot.

These books are like treats for me. :D

I enjoy Delaney's books, there is always an interesting twist and a thread of humor. Conning for Keeps is no exception. I love the hypnosis trick for Marissa, and Trevor's reaction to her being not quite herself. Gotta' love a man with the integrity to not sleep with a woman while under the influence - any influence - that keeps her from being able to make her own decisions.

Trevor and Marissa have such a lovely contrast to them - she's much more of a free spirit than he is. Or maybe just a litt
**I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for honest review**

Conning for Keeps is the second in the TRAIT series. I love these books. They're fun, suspenseful, and hot. Seleste deLaney is always a great story teller, and Conning For Keeps doesn't disappoint.

Marissa is a fun-loving character with a little bit of feisty, as well as some vulnerability. It makes her extremely likeable to read.

Trevor is stoic and a little brooding, which is just such a sexy trait in a character. I love how stro
I loved the premise of former child con artist turned legitimate secret agent. Seleste deLaney has given readers a well plotted, easily read action/suspense/romance. Her characters are engaging, the dialogue quite clever, and the love scenes are passionate. The pacing is fairly fast and there is a nice balance between action and romance. I enjoyed the friends to lovers aspect of the story. Though I did not read book one, I wasn't lost or confused. I liked this one enough to go back and read book ...more

This was a sick book! I cant give away any spoilers, so I will say that I was almost stuttering. OK there is this part where the agents, obviously undercover sort of covert people, are actually hypnotized. What a twist! I guess if you speak to the subconscious mind you dont have to worry about an agent giving away details right? This is something so different. I was upset it was a novella, cause it was GREAT!

There ia a romance between the agent/con artist Marissa and her new partner for this job
Check out my full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Conning for Keeps is the second novella in the Agents of TRAIT series by Seleste deLaney and features Marissa Joens and Trevor Harris, two secondary characters who were introduced and worked together in the first novella, Gaming for Keeps. Marissa and Trevor have done a lot of flirting in the past, and while their feelings appear to be deeper than either one anticipates or knows, there's an issue of trust that lingers, especially since Tre
Melissa Kendall
I read the first book in the agents of TRAIT series and really enjoyed it so when this one came up for review I jumped at the chance.

I would have to say this book is even better than the first. I loved Marissa and Trevor they're chemistry was smoking and I loved that Trevor loved Marissa more than Mari.

This was thoroughly enjoyable rad that i couldn't put down.

Overall i give it 4.5 out of 5
Fun story, interesting characters, fast pace with plenty of steam! Not everyone can write a novella and tell the story fully without rushing it - deLaney does it here!

Click here for my complete Scandalicious Review:
I really enjoyed this story it kept the suspense going all the way through the twist and turns at the end came as a suprise the romance was hot and steamy once i started reading it i couldn't put it down

i received a arc from netgallery in exchange for a honest review
Trixiter Marczak
WOW! Seleste did it again! As I started this book I thought "ugh, I'm so not going to like this" But...Seleste brought me in to these characters lives and had me under her writing spell!

Such a good story but such a talented writer!
I thought this was a really fun read. It has really enjoyable characters and a story line that had me laughing out loud at several spots. Would recommend reading. I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Marissa and Trevor could not help giving into the attraction. But sent away together for business and they could not keep their hands to themselves. They knew they had to play a couple but giving into the desires for each other. They got more that art work on this mission. A quick fun read. Would recommend this book.

I received this ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Fun, quirky read that threw me for a few loops, both plot-wise and stylistically.
Kristina Hammock
Kristina Hammock marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Steph Hren
Steph Hren marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Toni marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Tracy Cesaro
Tracy Cesaro marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Jaweher marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Tracy marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Author of speculative romance (aka Julie Particka, young adult author).

My quirky spy series, Agents of TRAIT, is published by Entangled: GAMING FOR KEEPS, CONNING FOR KEEPS, FIGHTING FOR KEEPS, and DYING FOR KEEPS (coming November 2015)!

My steampunk romance series is from Carina Press: BADLANDS and CLOCKWORK MAFIA.

The Blood Kissed novels (KISS OF DEATH, KISS OF LIFE, and coming soon TALES OF TH
More about Seleste deLaney...

Agents of TRAIT (3 books)
  • Gaming for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #1)
  • Fighting for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT, #3)
Gaming for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #1) Badlands (Badlands #1) Seducing Her Rival Clockwork Mafia (Badlands #2) Fighting for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT, #3)