Start by marking “You Are the Apple of My Eye” as Want to Read:
You Are the Apple of My Eye

You Are the Apple of My Eye

Kau sangat kekanak-kanakan – Shen Jiayi
Sedikit pun kau tidak berubah, nenek yang keras kepala – Ke Jingteng

Semua berawal saat Ke Jingteng, seorang siswa pembuat onar, dipindahkan untuk duduk di depan Shen Jiayi, supaya gadis murid teladan itu bisa mengawasinya. Ke Jingteng merasa Shen Jiayi sangat membosankan seperti ibu-ibu, juga menyebalkan. Apalagi, gadis itu selalu suk
Published February 2014 by Penerbit Haru (first published June 15th 2006)

Ha Giang
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*review in English because I want to tell what I truly mean without feeling awkward*

The plot isn't too interesting. I gave it 4 stars because it made me realize a lot of things that've been going on in my head since who knows when =))) If you want to know what I mean, I can't tell. You have to read it to experience it.

Every memory, no matter good, bad, happy or painful, will forever remain our youth. Instead of looking back thinking "Damn it I should've done this...that...", I will start telling
Luqman Arifin
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't imagine Jengteng's future if he didn't meet Jiayi. It tells how love can change people habit and motivation, that much.

Simple yet realistic. No drama. 10/10.
Deria Agggraini
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first time I knew this story is from the movie itself. I remember how me and my friends laughed a lot while watching it and I enjoyed it a lot. Even tho the ending is not like what I expected, it is still a great movie.

Then when I knew the movie is based on a book with the same title, it got me so excited to read it since I enjoyed the movie and it is also based on a true story. It is such a beautifully written story, so touching and hilarious at the same time, and I love how this story remi
Dick Cheuk
Not a bad effort but nothing special. It is an interesting story but being told in a bit boring way.

Almost give up after the 1st chapter and half way through the book. I don't think I will pick it up again.
Càfê Sữa
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever seen the rain?
Trần Ngọc
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I decided to read this book after watching the movie "You are the apple of my eyes". It reminds me of the memories with my beloved friends in high school, even though I have graduated for 4 years but those feelings are still the same as yesterday. Everyone should have a group of friends who are always willing to be with and get through the storm together, and please, don't hesitate to truly purely fall in love.
Rainy
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me miss my youth, my friends and a girl but not mine anymore :) a beautiful story.
I've been watching the film based on this book before readed it, but i was surprised because of the differences between book and film. A beautiful story, again.
To anyone who hasn't watched the film: you should read this book. To anyone who has watch the film: You Must read this book :)
Clary Bubbles Herondale
I haven't had books that made me smile like an idiot reading about the characters happiness in such a long while. It's such a cute love story, even if the ending didn't really turn out the way I want it to be. But if you are reading for a light romance book, I'll definitely recommend this book!
Emma Fang
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have many of you fall in love someone else when you was at school? Yeah! Almost all, right? The book not only told a true story about the author himself but also was short scenes of school memory. No happy ending though, it was still a great one.
Huy Tran
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beautiful story. Bring back a lot of memories. Read it again for 3 times.

I was dislike the ending at the first time I read this book. But after few years, reading back, I accepted the story. LOL.
sSnowY
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's truely a love story
Isaac Lee
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really a good book from the author's own experience
Azwar Adli
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story of the youth, dream, love, hope, and letting go in this book are really reflected each of us as a human. Simply beautiful.
Phan Anh Tuan
Have some good quotes. The story is quite short and monotonous.
Aufar Gilbran
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heart-warming
This book tells a story about the author's youth that almost entirely made because of love. The story itself is short (although it took a long time in real time) and simple, but the story is so colorful, painted by the love he felt.

What makes this book great is that the author tells the story as if it's imprinted permanently and lucidly to his brain, and he write it just as it is. So there's no spice to make the story exciting, nor do any twists. (Although this is kind of a downside too as somet
Santy Banjarnahor
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Hwoa. Finnaly, I finished this book.

I bought this book based on my friend recommendation. Actually not recommendation, she told me that this book has sad ending. She couldn't stand for sad ending story. And sad ending story always tempting me. That's the only reason why I bought this book.

Until I read it.

For the very first time I read this book, I'm in love with Ke Jingteng. He is such a bad ass who also sweet as honey. The best part of this book is its true story. I love the way of Giddens Ko
Bill Zhang
Romantic Novel is one of my favorite kind of Novel. Because by reading this kind of novel, I can always put me in the book to feel what the characters feel, and to think on their perspective. this book is a love story between two chinese high School students, however, some people think the ending gonna be good, but the truth is this book is more like a bitter-sweet ending. After reading this book, I think it is a good material that can be tought during class, the reason is Because this book can ...more
Yizhen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been many years since I read a Chinese novel, and I am glad to have picked up this book as a first. Considering the setup of this storyline I have no qualms and even enjoyed the third wall narration. The silly humour style is just what I needed after a long days worth of work. It was a relatively light read, except for the Taiwanese lingos that I might have read past without noticing.

Would love to have more (but less sappy/teenage girl fantasy) Chinese novels heh
Inas
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
there's a lil-much different with the movie. The novel was the best one, though i love the movie as well.

this book show much more relation between ke jingteng and shen jiayi and i really love the fact that they actually got to know each other from junior high school. i just love how dorky ke jingteng was...he's so sweet towards jiayi as always.
its fun to read, though the ending was hurtfull too...
Karen
Wow. I know it seems… late to read this, as the movie came out in 2011 but then I didn't watch the movie until a few days ago after the people performed its theme song at school. It suddenly got my mind back to my first year of secondary school when everyone was singing it.
This book was an eye-opener. It was the only book where the two people didn't end up together, and it was a beautiful story. No hand-holding, no kissing- but you can feel that the love is there.
Tiara Amany (A Wave of Vellichor)
It's not a favorite, but I like more than the other 4-star-rated books. It's also one of the most realistic romance novels I've read--maybe it's because it is also a semi-autobiography of the author's love life. This book shows that loving someone--even for years--doesn't mean we have to own them--being their friend is enough.
ZhiBing Lovegood
Disarmingly funny at times, but this book has a personal diary style to it which failed to move me at certain parts that should. So, movie > book in this case. If not for Giddens's own signature inked on page 15 of the copy I own, I would pass the book on.
Kai
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A love story? A story about friendship?
I like how this isn't the typical story but yet it is so relatable. Giddens focus on what other authors didn't.
His interesting writing style made it easy to read as well. Finished this in 2 days!
Annisa Nafilata
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The best love story ever!!!!!!!!
Tung
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of my all time favorites. It depicts how first love can be pure and sweet but painful at the same time.
Artemis
didn't really like the message at the end? made me feel like a self-help book instead of the autobiography it was :(
Nathania Stephanie
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is good. When I read this book, I felt so nostalgic hahaha... I think everyone should read this book, it'll take you back to your school life experience :)
Binh Ha
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Funny, easy-going books like this are a MUST every once in a while.
Daniel Ting
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A normal secondary school lifestyle, with a memorable love story.
M. Jamaluddin
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Imagine those years that bring you back a beautiful memories. Full of love, memories, and peoples in your past. An excellent book to read when you want to remember your high school memories.

• After D-100