Start by marking “Thomas' Calculus 11th Media Upgrade Part Two Plus MyMathLab: Media Upgrade” as Want to Read:
Thomas' Calculus 11th Media Upgrade Part Two Plus MyMathLab: Media Upgrade

Thomas' Calculus 11th Media Upgrade Part Two Plus MyMathLab: Media Upgrade

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  324 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
there
Published April 21st 2007 by Addison Wesley (first published January 1969)

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas' Calculus 11th Media Upgrade Part Two Plus MyMathLab

Craig
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I studied from an earlier version of this book in college in 1980. Loved it then. My prof was Ross Finney (now deceased, like Thomas), at the time a co-author. A great book and a great teacher.
Katie Lynn Fox
Oct 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just took my calc 3 final and I'm now officially finished with this book. It's been good, but I'm ready to be done. I've been using it since August 2006.
Haneen
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I spent one year and a half studying from this book and here is the story:

Calculus 1:

SuTuTh 11-11:50 am

Calculus 3:
Fall 2011-2012
SuTuTh 9-9:50 am

The book is great..I enjoyed studying from it "for a while"...chapter 10 and 15 are horrible..but I finished calculus Finally..
Piotrekjablonski
Feb 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school-stuff
The best maths book i've ever seen. Perhaps, for some readers it may be too long, but every subject is explained in a very .. hmm... explicit way, which makes it an excellent self-study textbook.
Igor Fomenko
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very clear,very continiously with a lot of interesting examples and exercises.It`s not necessary to use other book to read this one. ...more
Zarish Fatima
1 year reading this book. it was my first maths book coming in uni. I liked it some of it was foreign to me and always will be because we do not do graphic and computer mathematical problems. But it would have been cool if we did. It is nice book and designed for students early in their professional studies and does not have any complicated symbolization like in other calculus books i went through.
Haytham Badawey
Used this book for practice and solving problems while learning Mathematica software. It's very dense and extensive book, covers too many details about calculus techniques, theorems, problems, applications, etc.

It's a famous book, and the solution manual is what makes this book unique and interesting.
Nadia
Sep 23, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone study calculus
bcos im going to have an exam 4 this paper on 2nd Nov then i've 2 use this book as a reference...i need it now..n going to really need it soon..huhuu..it do help a lot but sumtime quite confusing..but of cos the content of this book that i can say 4 now..it's MARVELLOUS..hehe..only 1 thing that a bit 'lece'..this book is very the berat lah..tebal sgt...nk buka pn susah..huhuuhuu
Mike
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I preferred this book to Stewart's for Calc 1-2, but once it got to chapter 11 Infinite Sequences and Series It started to go down hill. That's when I went back to Stewart's book. I give it four stars for chapters 1-10 which are better than average.
Jordan
Feb 07, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This calculus book is a good introductory book for the Calculus 1 class at SLCC, but once the student has passed into Calculus 2 and above the book is lacking in a great deal of explination and has little more value than a paper weight or kindling.
Rayfel
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good book
Rajat Sangwan
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
best book i ever read.....
Aleenahussain
Bb

FINALLY !
Muneshmeena
Jan 10, 2011 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
there is no time to think as bein an iitian i hav a lot to read.............so carry on readin n let me read..
Nate Ellis
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything you need to know
Suhu
Sep 08, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: construction
Buku ini telah membuatku merasa aku bukan lagi diriku. Di saat kamu ingin merasa bego, dianjurkan membaca buku ini.
Anum
Jun 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good guide with excellent excercises for a calculus student.
Jay Gadhavi
  • Complex Variables and Applications
  • Calculus
  • Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes [With CDROM]
  • Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics
  • Calculus, Volume 2: Multi-Variable Calculus and Linear Algebra with Applications
  • The Economics of Public Issues (HarperCollins Series in Economics)
  • Biology: A Course for 'O' Level
  • Naive Set Theory
  • Principles of Mathematical Analysis
  • Conceptual Mathematics: A First Introduction To Categories
  • Solid State Physics
George Brinton Thomas, a mathematician who turned a one-year teaching appointment at MIT into a 38-year career and whose well-regarded textbook has been used around the world, died Oct. 31 of natural causes in State College, Pa. He was 92.

Thomas, known as a young teacher for his ability to communicate mathematical concepts, was hired in 1951 by publisher Addison-Wesley to revise their then-standar
More about George B. Thomas Jr....