Start by marking “Liberation (The Frontiers Saga, #10)” as Want to Read:
Liberation (The Frontiers Saga, #10)

Liberation

(The Frontiers Saga (Part 1) #10)

Episode 10

Heartfelt reunions with friends…
Desperate plans to gain advantage…
Opportunities that cannot be ignored…
Discovery of family once thought lost…

The time has come for Captain Scott to fight for that which was taken… the very freedom of the world he was sworn to protect.

“Liberation” is a 108,000 word novel, and is the 10th episode in The Frontiers Saga.

Epis
Published January 9th 2014 by Ryk Brown

To ask other readers questions about Liberation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberation

Start your review of Liberation (The Frontiers Saga, #10)
Jean
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series. This is book eleven in the Frontier Saga. This is the story of the battle for the liberation of Earth from the Jung. The story is none stop action. I could hardly put the book down.

The characters continue to evolve; unfortunately, we loss some characters, but also gain some new ones. The crew is working on getting Celestia in a flyable combat state as the Aurora is being shop up “again”. In the last book, Nathan brought the Ghatazhak fighters out of stases.
Jim
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Don't Plan on Breathing or Sleeping While You Read This!

What did Major Waddell do???? That's just the beginning! This book goes at warp speed except warp speed is too slow for the action in this series continuation. I get worn out every time I read one of these books but I can't put them down. The main characters don't ever sit still except when in a command chair or while piloting a space fighter. Man, these books are exciting! If you're debating whether to read this book or this series, stop d
Per Gunnar
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is yet another good, fun and action-filled book in The Frontiers Saga. The adventure continues from the last book and this time it is finally time for some Jung ass-kicking.

The book is true to the tradition of most books in this series in that there is plenty of action going on. Both on the ground and in space. Unfortunately being true to tradition also means that the Aurora is being shot to pieces…again! The author definitely has some Star Trek Voyager syndrome. I think this is the part th
Ross Dargan
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, my favourite of the series so far!
Clayton Falter
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still a very good series

Lots of character and action. The lapse in FTL scanning and communications continuity with deployed units that began after book 4 seems to have been given more careful treatment after the first 3rd of this book. No more laser rigs calling 32 light years without a FTL relay ship. No more "active AM scans can get instant results on targets light months away". So with blunders like that under control, the plausibility of action in the future setting is fairly high. Far bette
Christian Leonard Quale
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I believe Liberation can be fairly summarized as… ehm… stuff getting real. Stuff getting very real. The series has been coasting for a few books on things generally not going too badly for our heroes, and the genuine suspense being a bit limited because of that sense of predictability, but in this book the stakes are raised (again), and the tone turns a little darker.

I don’t want to write anything specific, so as not to spoil anything for anyone who may not want to know what happens in the previ
Michael
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To start, this book is #10 in the series - it's not a standalone novel, and you will be lost if you just pick up and try to read this one. If you enjoy a good space opera / saga, you need to start with Ep.#1 - "Aurora: CV-01" (The Frontiers Saga).

The author picks up right where he left off, the series is pretty good, and the action picks up quite a bit with some payback against the Jung in this next installment of the series: this one appears tighter and has really kicked it up a notch in compar
JP
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
This was a pretty crazy book so far as progressing the story. The Aurora, Celestia, and their crews and allies have a long slog ahead of themselves to free the Earth from the Jung, but they all have one huge advantage: nine books worth of experience in using the jump drive in combat!

There are battles galore, some people die, we get a few new allies and piles and piles of 'five minutes to impact, three to jump'. Everything you've come to know and except from a Frontiers Saga book. :D

That's really
John (JP)
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liberation (The Frontiers Saga, #10) the final battle for the liberation of Earth. I loved this story. Brown gives the Jung commander a voice. The betrayal of Earth is finally explained. The Aurora gets more than superficial damage. As is typical for these books the writing is crisp and intense, with battles in land and space. All the characters are in genuine danger. This is a great series, which you should borrow from your local library.
Thomas James
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fighting sequences are riveting!

We all knew the Aurora would get back to Earth. No surprise. A conquered Earth was a surprise! It's a bit of a stretch to imagine the number of battles won and other warships destroyed but, as I've said before, " One must be flexible to enjoy science fiction." Brown may be right. Ten episodes and it's time for a break from Nathan an his escapades.
David
I love Ryk Brown's Frontier series. This book doesn't disappoint. It's almost all action and strategy, flying by the seat of your pants, deceit, treachery, particle torpedoes, and vertical jumps. The book doesn't let up.

Jessica tries to get back to Earth to contact the resistance, but things don't go as planned. Nathan must protect the Celestia from the Jung, as he fights for Liberation.
Krishna Shah
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay, i can suspend disbelief when the story is good. But you can't pretend to not know something which you already knew about in the first book. There were several inconsistencies which a good editor would have picked up. Also, didn't understand the reason to send Jessica back to earth--she accomplished nothing but get good people dead. I would have given 2.5 just because of that.
Richard
I am a sucker for space operas.
This series has sucked me in.
I am only able to the works available on Overdrive, so I will not be reviewing the whole series.
In fact I'll give the same review for all of them.
Ryk Brown writes a consistent space opera and any fan will enjoy the action and little twists.
Suspend disbelief and enjoy.
David Syzdek
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More great adventures

Ryk Brown has another winning book with epic space navy adventures. I was worried about some characters having "plot armor" but this book had some characters not surviving mortal danger. Can't wait to read the next book.
Peter Sidell
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Continues to live up to my hopes - excitement and lots of action

The good guys keep winning, but not without losses and uncertainty. Cleverly choreographed space battles.
Perhaps a bit too much gratuitous death and destruction - but it does hold together with the plot.
Hakan Jackson
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these characters, but I don't envy them. They are very human and are put in some inhuman situations. The book doesn't get too dark, but it definitely comes close to the line. I immediately started reading the next book.
Johnny Tucker
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful time reading more of Ryk Brown's work!

Roy Brown's work I is a pleasure to read. When I finish each book, I take a deep breath and savor the moment.
Louise Pass
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Battles and jumps, heroic rescues, and hard choices

The saga continues, our plucky hero's face adversaries and hard choices, in taking back the Earth. Read this sprawling series!
Andy Pastuszak
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Froniters Saga is a truly awesome series of books. I could not put it down.
Kyle
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very action packed installation of the series.
Bill Moses
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice

Read series. Good, fast paced, very enjoyable. Would be nice to see some background characters fill a larger role. Lot of potential there. Overall an enjoyable series
Chris
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This was one of the more exciting of the Frontiers Saga book so far. Language is very foul, which is why I only gave it 3 stars.
Khalil
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, but this one is the best so far! Packed with action and suspense in a way many of the previous entires fall short. Hard to put down!
Kelly Nielsen
Jul 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Foul language strikes again
Huseyin Arslangiray
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the love of sci-fi

Simple yet full of details and adventures. Can’t stop until finishing the whole series. Definitely recommend this book to all who love sci-fi.
Bryce Carr
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good series with very well written characters. Very much enjoyed the whole series start to finish.
Dave Wurtz
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is getting better and better
Matthew Greig
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Enjoyable

I enjoy this series. I look forward to the next book. If you enjoy space sci-fi these are worth a read
Donovan Walker
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Darn it! Ryk did a mostly good job with this book. With most characters fully fleshed out in earlier works in this series, the story in 'Liberation' is mostly about action, adventure, and blowing stuff up. We get *some* interesting personal bits with newish characters and events near the end but overall I'd call this book one of logistics and plot. Still, entertaining enough to leave me wanting more (and hoping for something different in the next work)

And - why want something different?

His wri
Don Viecelli
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
From My Newsletter Number 61:

This review is on Liberation from The Frontiers Saga Episode 10 by Ryk Brown. It is part of a continuing series of ebooks that have been very entertaining from the beginning. I anxiously await each new release with high expectations.

Episode 10 begins with Captain Nathan Scott about to open the hatch on the missing sister ship named Celestia. Some of Nathan’s old navy buddies are on the ship and are certainly surprised to learn that Nathan is alive and the captain of
« previous 1 3 next »

• Descent into Darkness (Blood on the Stars Book 17)
  • Earthers (Silver Ships #15)
  • Earth Ascendant (The Forgotten Empire, #2)
  • Star Fire (Stars End, #1)
  • Sojourn (Silver Ships #12)
  • Star Kill (Stars End, #2)
  • Alliance (Silver Ships #13)
  • Boneshaker (Terran Scout Fleet #2)
  • SADEs (Silver Ships, #14)
  • Star Rage (Stars End #3)
  • Delphi Exploration (Delphi in Space Book 7)
  • The Pandora Paradox (Omega Force #12)
  • Banishment (The Forgotten Empire, #1)
  • Fatal Fringe (Ether War, #1)
  • Talus (Silver Ships #16)
  • War INC: Ace Evans Series book 1
  • Artifice (Silver Ships #11)
  • Star Fall (Stars End #4)
Born in 1960 and raised on an overdose of television, NASA, and science fiction, Ryk Brown has worked as a cook, rock guitarist, stage lighting technician, and paramedic. He currently resides in Northern California with his wife, daughter, and cat. By day he fixes computers, and by night he creates stories.
Having spent his entire life "thinking stuff up", the advent of digital publishing has final

The Frontiers Saga (Part 1) (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Aurora: CV-01 (The Frontiers Saga #1)
  • The Rings of Haven (The Frontiers Saga #2)
  • The Legend of Corinair (The Frontiers Saga #3)
  • Freedom's Dawn (The Frontiers Saga #4)
  • Rise of the Corinari (The Frontiers Saga, #5)
  • Head of the Dragon (The Frontiers Saga, #6)
  • The Expanse (The Frontiers Saga #7)
  • Celestia CV-02 (The Frontiers Saga #8)
  • Resistance (The Frontiers Saga, #9)
  • Born of the Ashes (The Frontiers Saga, #11)

News & Interviews

“eyes.” “Which will be made less effective by the midafternoon sun reflecting off the water.” 0 likes
“The one human constant seems to be that, when all else fails, goals are eventually accomplished through force. The amount of force deemed reasonable depends on the urgency of the need of those opting to use such force.” 0 likes