Jump to ratings and reviews
Book #3 in the LOKI'S WOLVES series.
(A complete novel which can be read as a standalone or as part of the Loki's Wolves series)

Survival demands sacrifice. Healing requires forgiveness.

After losing her lover and then her mate, Victoria Storm builds a new life in Sierra Pines, California. When the Norse Fates predict the she-wolf will destroy the world to save her unborn child, her duties as Freya's priestess conflict with her responsibilities as Odin's Valkyrie.

Sawyer Barrett has hunted Victoria so passionately, he doesn't know whether he loves or hates her. Desperate to end the fighting, he will take chances with everything--except his heart. This hunter harbors a deadly secret he can't reveal without risking the tentative ceasefire and his father's continued disapproval.

Men revere him; monsters fear him. Jake Barrett--the notorious Hunter King--values loyalty to family above all else. When he believes his eldest son was murdered by a wolf ally, he releases a chain reaction of violent destruction that claims the lives of both wolves and hunters.

An ancient vampire plots the destruction of wolves and hunters alike. If the embittered rivalry doesn't end quickly, there is no hope for the Hunters, Victoria's pack, or the mortal world.

Genre: Norse & Viking Fantasy.

Suggested reading order for Loki's Wolves:
#0.5 Hunter's Mark (Prequel)
#1.0 Valkyrie's Vengeance
#2.0 Hunger Moon
#3.0 Battle Cry
#4.0 Wolf's Cross
#5.0 Blood Brothers (To be released in 2017 as per author's website)

362 pages, Paperback

First published September 1, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Melissa Snark

38 books546 followers
Subscribe to Melissa Snark's newsletter for new releases, prizes, and lots of fun. http://www.melissasnark.com/mailing-l... (Just copy & paste the link into your browser.) You'll get a free ebook just for signing up!

Author Melissa Snark lives in the San Francisco bay area with her husband, three children, and a glaring of litigious felines. She reads and writes fantasy and romance, and is published with The Wild Rose Press & Nordic Lights Press. She is a coffeeoholic, chocoholic, and a serious geek girl. Her Loki's Wolves series stems from her fascination with wolves and mythology.

• She blogs about books and writing on http://www.thesnarkology.com/.
Visit her website at http://www.melissasnark.com/.
• Follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MelissaSnark
• Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0076EEQIU
• Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/MelissaSnark

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 30 reviews
Profile Image for Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort .
758 reviews168 followers
March 3, 2015
Favorite Lines “Yeah, yeah, that's what all the hunters say.”

“It happened because I loved him too much, not because I was careless.”

“Now heal my heart, Valkyrie. We're going to war.”

“I'd love to run away with you, baby. More than anything.”

“Will you teach me to knit? I have a pile of Freya's golden hair just begging to be made into a baby blanket.”

What an emotional battle this book was for me! It took me 2 days after finishing it to be able to write review. Whenever I thought about this book I started to cry then sobbed. My kids thought I was losing it.
I knew Victoria and Daniel had a passionate love affair, what I didn't know was how much they loved each other!
It was beautiful! Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes! To think about what could have been. NOW IM CRYING AGAIN!!!
This author did am phenomenal job of making the reader fell he love and the loss of this couple.

I thought that I would hate The Hunter King but, he turned out to be an amazing character!
Victoria as always, rises to the occasion! Her packs welfare is her number one priority! This book is all about getting vengeance! I loved every word!
I know this review is scattered but I have so much that I loved in this book so I am sharing it all!
Over all IT WAS AMAZING!!! Never a dull page! So emotional that while reading it you feel like your heart is being ripped out of your chest. You feel Victoria, Sawyer, and Jake's pain and loss.
I can't wait until the next book and finding out more about the prophecy, the alliance, and Victoria's baby!
On a personal not after reading this author I named my new furry baby Freya!
Thank you Melissa Snark for writing such an amazingly emotional kick ass book!

I was given this book by author in exchange for an honest review

FIVE VENGEFUL FAIRES
Profile Image for Rosemary.
68 reviews
February 19, 2015
I received a free copy from Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review.

I have not read any previous books from this author. Battle Cry is the 2nd book within the series.

I admit, I had a hard time initially just following the story. Perhaps, this may have been a non-issue had I read the first story in the series. I found that I had to keep going in hopes that the story would click for me, and IT DID!

It is action packed to be sure, there is a ton of information to process and a whole series of sub plots cooking in the back ground. Once I got going (about chapter 5) I was hooked.

Victoria is pregnant, grieving and trying to avoid a curse. <-- Rock and a hard place right there! So add in some shifters and vampires and valkyries things get really interesting!

The author has put a great deal of effort in explaining the workings of her world with careful and thoughtful research of her subject matter. The dialog of her characters were vastly entertaining and at times- hilarious. Of course, with a series such as this, you will end up with more questions at the end. It is not a total cliffhanger, but just enough that I want the next book... like, NOW!

The only bad thing I can really say is that I REALLY wish I had the 1st book prior to this one. I am actively searching AMAZON as I type. So my recommendation is this... GET THE FIRST BOOK AS WELL, as I plan to re-read this one once I do, who knows, it may change my overall rating of this book.

Happy Reading!

Profile Image for Ana.
1,967 reviews7 followers
December 18, 2014
Great Odin!!

I was gifted this and by the author Melissa Snark for an honest review.

This is book 2 of a great story. I had the pleasure of reading the first one and this second one did not disappoint me.

Victoria, wolf shifter and Valkyrie Priestess in the service of the Goddess Freya, has lost her parents, the love of her life Hunter Daniel and son to the Hunter King Jake. She takes another mate Alpha Alrik, in order to protect the remaining few in her pack and loses him too.

Now Victoria finds that she must make allegiance with the very ones she thought responsible for the deaths of her pack mates.

Daniels brother Sawyer finally realizes that Victoria, whom he has been chasing for vengeance is not responsible for the death of his brother and is filled with guilt for his role in all the pain he has caused.

The Hunter King Jake realizes that he must end his bad blood with the wolf shifters and join forces with them in order to defeat their common enemy. Who is this King Hunter really, a god?

Will Victoria be able to forgive Sawyer and will she make allegiance with the Hunter King? What will happen when she finds out the role her dead mate Alrik, father of her unborn child is now playing in Valhalla.

I love the combination of Contemporary and Norse Mythology that Ms. Snark employs in her stories, I have always loved history and this fantastical story kept me on my the edge of my seat till the end.

Battles, Mythology and magic, great book to read!
Profile Image for Emily.
395 reviews51 followers
April 6, 2015
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Being a fan of mythology in general, once I saw the words Loki, Valkyrie priestess and wolf shifter, I knew I had to read Battle Cry. I figured it would either be a book I loved, or a book I hated. It was the former.

At first, I had a hard time getting into the book. Part of it was the writing style, and the other part was due to the fact that while this is a standalone book, it is also the second in the series. I felt like I was missing important information throughout parts of the book. Plus, it took me a while to sort all the different people, rivalries and such out, which I think would have been much easier had I read book 1.

However, this did not deter my enjoyment of the book. Once I made it past the first few chapters, I was drawn in to this interesting world, both familiar yet different than the mythology I know. I wasn’t sure the author would be able to blend all these various elements (paranormal, fantasy, mythology, etc.) successfully, but I was very pleased with the result. The story flowed, the imagery was described in vivid detail, and the characters were three dimensional and entertaining.

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, and I cannot wait to read the other books in this series in order to learn not only what happened before this book, but what’s to come as well.
Profile Image for Donna Hokanson.
1,696 reviews32 followers
July 8, 2015
Turmoil and discoveries
This well written self-contained story has so much going on. There are discoveries to things unknown and battles that wage on, on so many fronts. Victoria is still doing all things to save her pack to include meeting with Hunter King Jake Barrett. Some really surprises in this well written story that is extremely entertaining to read. I can’t say enough as to how good this book as well as the whole series is.
Profile Image for texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com.
382 reviews84 followers
January 4, 2015
My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

***please note, this book was gifted via the author in exchange for an honest review***

"Take it easy there, Snowball. I don't want to hurt your Barbie-haired boy toy. I only want to talk--"
~Loki

Mmmhmmm....sure he does...;-P

Battle Cry is the second installment of the Loki's Wolves series by author Melissa Snark. Pack leader, Victoria, aka Victory, Storm has suffered a lot of loss in her time and while she struggles to deal, she also has the future of her pack to fight for, not to mention, the child she is now carrying. Her pack has lost so much and with their count having dwindled down so significantly, their future is bleak. Bad blood runs deep between her and the head of the hunters, and to make matters worse, a prediction of the unthinkable paired with a vampire threat, Victoria's world is turned upside down.

I really enjoy this authors writing style. The healthy dose of mythology, paired with paranormal, toss in some shits and giggles and it makes for a fun, energetic read. Battle Cry has some highly emotional scenes as well as graphic violence and while there is humor here and there, it fit nicely. Very nicely. Ms. Snark isn't afraid to kill off a character and I have a love/hate reaction to that. LOL! One character in particular caught my attention IMMEDIATELY and I had my typical oh Imma figure this out right here and now moments and thought OH! Character A is gonna... two pages later, dead. I cursed, I laughed, I pushed forward.

Victoria herself is just a little 'meh' for me. There are other female pack members that I'm curious about and hope to hear more from as this series progresses. In this installment, it was the men who shined. On a side note, I miss Logan...Anywho, Sawyer? Awww. Even dear ol', bat shit crazy, I'm scared of his ass Jake will charm you and Loki...LOVED me some Loki. Such a smart ass. ;-)

So why not a higher rating? Romance. Or that lack there of I should say. And maybe that's not exactly fair, ratings wise but damn it! I wanted more. Don't get me wrong, there's chemistry, as well as tension but this was action over romance and I just always prefer a little more balance in what I read. With that being said, I will absolutely continue with this series!

For more of my reviews, please visit prufreads.blogspot.com
Profile Image for Kat Falla.
Author 11 books306 followers
December 19, 2014
In Battle Cry (book 2, so I HIGHLY recommend trying to win book 1), we continue on the pack leader's story: a formidable Victoria Storm. She is pregnant and mourning the loss of her beloved Daniel and is finally able to tell his father and his brother that it was not HER who killed him.

The books opens in the heat of action and the action never lets up! Following the different POV of Victoria, Jake, Sawyer, and the gods, we learn of all the convoluted plot twists and battle axes thrown in the path of pack leader Victoria storm.

Articulated crafted, I love the care for each perfectly chosen word that Ms. Snark has woven into the adventure story. I'm a fan of multiple plot lines and POV, it keeps my interest peaked. I read this book in a few sittings, always eager to get back to the book. Her fight scenes are some of the best I've read and I love the vampires getting their butts kicked. The undead are just that...evil and undead. I'd rather cozy up with a were or a tough-ass hunter anyway. Go were books!

I really wish I'd have read book 1 first, even though this is a stand alone book, as it would have explained the only thing that was never fleshed out for me in this book, exactly why she took a mate (Arik) and is pregnant with his child after her beloved Daniel dies. So time to delve into the back story on this one!

Victoria Storm is no simpery, whiny, or woe-is-me heroine. She has a tough as nails exterior with a heart of gold. Enough to do things that will get her in trouble. Doing the right thing even when she may get in trouble for it, that's the BEST kind of hero.

Kudos to Ms. Snark on a hard-core contemporary, fantasy, action novel. I can't wait to read more!

Profile Image for Laura.
3,187 reviews318 followers
March 20, 2015
A wonderful mixture of mythology and paranormal adventure with personal relationships thrown in for more conflict. A very difficult combination to successfully create and author Melissa Snark masters it.

Victoria, a white wolf shifter, has become Alpha of Storm Pack after her parents and most of her pack are killed in war between the races.
Jake Barrett is a combination of man and magic, head of the Hunters.
With the arrival of an influx of vampires from around the world, old alliances must be renewed to cull the undead.

Jake and his son Sawyer believe Victoria is responsible for the death of Jake's elder son Daniel.
Victoria blames the hunters for the death of her parents and pack mates.
Trust between them comes at a high price.
Things are not as they seem and treachery also exists among those each have known and trusted for years. Even in the halls of Valhalla there is conflict.

The author writes wonderful banter between characters and adds humorous elements to keep the story from being overly dark.
It seems that even after death men still love cars.

Loki gets many of the best lines, such as:

"They make films about me...although I wonder why I'm always the villain."

"We're all really like dust bunnies, snarled messy clumps that get stuck in dark corners, except when we're exposed. Then we're blown about and torn apart. Although I suppose you might argue that Kansas said it better..."

With strong battle scenes and an abundance of magical healing, you'll be drawn into the story. Your emotions will get a workout. Could this be the end of life as they know it?
What role will Victoria play? Will the new alliances hold?
What more trouble will Loki cause?

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.
Profile Image for Pratr- Authors.
442 reviews10 followers
March 20, 2015
Independent Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock

Battle Cry is actually the third book in the Loki's Wolves Series. It says you don't have to read it with the other books but I highly recommend that you do. Otherwise there are sections that would not make much sense or you would not realize the significance it holds. Victoria is building a life for herself and her pack in Sierra Pines, California. Sawyer Barrett tracks her down there but before he even talks to her a vampire attacks him. Victoria ends up coming to his ad. Before you know it Victoria is meeting with the Hunter King to reach an agreement on them working together to fight the undead. They also hash it out over how Daniel (Victoria's lover and the Hunter King's son) really died. The Norns tell Victoria that the final days are open them. That she will be responsible for freeing Fenrir who will kill Odin. All to save her daughter.

I liked that this book incorporated more of the Gods into it. I enjoyed reading the exchanges between Freya and Loki. This book has lots of action in it right from the beginning. I liked that Victoria was able to work with the hunters more in this book. Victoria was not being led by her emotions either. I found I liked her better in this book. Her decisions were not just to show how strong of a person she is. She was doing what is best for the pack and her unborn child. I liked that Sawyer and Victoria were able to work together but I can't figure out if there is going to be more to their relationship. I'm looking forward to the next book to see if the Norns prophecy comes true and if Victoria will take another mate.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance and Norse Gods.
237 reviews16 followers
December 19, 2014
Battle Cry starts where Hunger Moon ended but can be read as a standalone book. Melissa Snark has blended paranormal and Norse mythology to bring a world and characters to life.
These are people I learned to care about. Their joy and their losses made me laugh and cry. Ms. Snark’s gift for writing paints phenomenal pictures.

Victoria Storm is a Valkyrie, priestess, a healer, a pack leader and now a mother to be. Jake Barrett and his son Sawyer are the Hunters who have eliminated most of the Storm wolf pack. A tenuous peace has been put in place and they are now allies. Victoria has been able to convince the Jake, the Hunter King and Sawyer that she is not responsible for the death of Daniel, their son and brother. They must band together with the other wolf packs to fight their common enemies. Their enemies are the vampire called Spaniard, the creature who killed Daniel and the Necromancer who lead the hordes of ancient evil vampires. These are very vile, gross vampires, nothing romantic about these creatures.

“Survival demands sacrifice. Healing requires forgiveness.” The main characters in the book, Victoria and Daniel are damaged emotionally. Guilt and sacrifice drives them both. They don’t know whether they hate or love each other.
Battle Cry is a fasted paced story that will hold you until you have come to the last page. Ms. Snark paints vivid pictures both tender and violent. I love this series and this author.
237 reviews16 followers
December 27, 2014

Profile Image for Raina.
3,663 reviews25 followers
March 2, 2015
Independent Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock

I give it 4 fangs.

Battle Cry by Melissa Snark is 2nd book in the Loki’s Wolves series. The books continue one after another. So read Hunger Moon first to have a better understanding of what is happening in this book. I suggest this book for adults and mature teens.

Warning: Spoilers from book one.

Victoria is the Alpha of her pack. But she has only been the Alpha after her father and several members of the pack were killed. Since then she has lost more of the pack. There are now only a few and Victoria is struggeling to keep them safe.

Jack is a Hunter. For a while he and his son Sawyer blamed Victoria for the death of his other son Daniel. Now they know the truth and that the two were in love and she did all she could to save Daniel.

Now Victoria and Jack are trying to work it out and save her pack and his hunters. Someone or something is trying to destroy it all. They now must put aside their differences if they want to have a chance at surviving.

Without giving away any more spoilers, if you like Paranormal, and Norse Mythology, then I suggest this book. Can’t wait for book 3.
Profile Image for Gwen.
291 reviews53 followers
December 29, 2014
I must admit to being totally biased when it comes to Melissa's books, I just love everything about them. You just know that when you buy the book you will come away having had a very satisfying read, that doesn't have any faffing about and you will be left dying for the next one. What I really enjoyed about this one was even though Victoria is a strong lead character who has been having a really bad day, week and life with more to come, she steps back a bit to let the other characters to develop more. This really bodes well for future books, I find single character driven books can get a bit repetitive and limiting in their scope.
Well done Melissa another great book and highly recommended for those who enjoy werewolves with a Norse mythology twist, just remember you need to have read the previous books.
Profile Image for Ann.
753 reviews4 followers
February 21, 2015
This is the second book I have read in the Loki's Wolves series and the story keeps pulling me in more and more. I am on pins & needles with Victoria's battles with the hunters. And her struggle to keep her pack together just keeps me wanting to reach out and help her through it. I really enjoyed during this book that even with her own struggles she is still willing to follow her goddess and help the other children escape from the 'Child Thief' villain in the book. I will certainly be picking up the next book in this series and can't wait to see what else Ms. Snark has to offer in other storylines.
Profile Image for Laura of Lurking.
244 reviews38 followers
June 18, 2015
Originally reviewed on LauraofLurking

Strong language: Yes
Drugs: No
Violence: Graphic
Sexual content: Mild

I received a free copy of this book from the author in return for an unbiased review.

Battle Cry is the third book in the Loki’s Wolves series, following directly on from the previous book Hunger Moon. This book starts out as almost 3 separate books in one, with the threads slowly being wound closer and closer together until, by the end, you have a cohesive whole.

You have the story of the Hunters, Jake and Sawyer Barrett, leading a platoon of men in the fight against the endless hordes of vampires. Grieving a son and brother, the men struggle on, with Sawyer out of control and bent on revenge.

Then there is the Storm wolf pack: decimated by war with the Hunters over a chronic misunderstanding, the pack is led by Victoria, a young werewolf grieving her lover, the lead Hunter’s son.

Finally, at the start of every chapter there is a small look into Freya’s halls where the goddess of war, Freya, and the trickster, Loki, are having an unexpected confrontation. This last story can be read as a short story all of its own by flicking to the first couple of pages of each chapter.

The novel opens to show the Hunters in an intense battle against vampires. A large pack of werewolves come to the aid of the Hunters. This is a fantastic show of battle, varied, intense and emotional, and exciting display of the author’s control over extended battles. It also shows the tension between all wolf packs and the Hunters. Soon, we switch to Sawyer Barrett waiting for Victoria with the supposed intention of calling a truce. The tension soon ramps up here, the plot thickens, and the adventure begins.

The plot was dense and intriguing. Battle lines were constantly being redrawn, and characters having to rethink their loyalties. As this book carries on where the previous one left off, the plot leans heavily upon hunger moon and the events that happened there. Primary to this is the death of Daniel Barrett, the eldest son of the Hunter Jake and secret lover of the werewolf Victoria, causing confusion and the rift between the two sides that formerly worked together.

While this is stated that it can be read as a stand-alone, and the events that are referenced from previous books have some details brought back up in this, I would recommend that the reader reads the previous instalments for the best effect. This book heavily relies on the emotional connotations of these events and of knowing the characters as well as the plot points themselves. This gives the reader a fantastic chance to give a deep read, but would restrict a reader who hasn’t read what came before.

The various points of view used in this book, often switching every chapter, were a great way to see the pain and confusion on all sides of the story. It gave a great sense of completeness that couldn’t have been given from one perspective alone. With a mixture of werewolves, Hunters, gods and those in between, I was able to see the world within the book in more depth, and it kept me from feeling “side X are the side I am seeing through, so they must be in the right.”

The characterisation was thorough and never missed a beat despite regularly changing. The changes felt natural, almost like reading a balanced argument. The point of view was wherever the action was, feeding the reader information so it didn’t have to be given in lengthy exposition. I particularly felt the emotions of the male characters in a depth that is rare in such a book. It had me hooked from the very beginning.

The story is set across many different levels. You have the human stories of love, loss, and war, the supernatural creatures of varying intellect fighting for what they believe is right, or have been hypnotised to do, and the stories taking place right up to the level of the Norse gods. This book covers a couple of the major Norse myths, updated to fit the modern times and including the big players of their lore. I’m not completely up on this particular mythology and had to Google it a couple of times, but I felt it was fresh, while holding a regal yet bloodthirsty essence just a breath away. The god Loki had to be my favourite. He was crazy, funny, and got many of the best lines.

While all the different types of scenes in this book were well written, at the end of the day it was the emotional ones that I felt the deepest. The way the hidden wells of pain were cracked open inside characters leading them into fits of depression or anger depending upon their personalities felt very real and natural. It had me going from laughing, or being on the edge of my seat during a battle, to welling up within the space of a few lines.

This is a very character and emotionally driven novel, I suggest you read it with some energy food because you won’t want to put it down…and maybe a box of tissues.

photo Battle Cry teaser banner_zpseeqyade5.jpg

The 411
I found this to be an exciting novel that didn’t stop. It jumped from fights, to adventures, to deep emotional scenes, and back. The plot was fitted together tightly, and the characters well written. I enjoyed the constant switching of themes without losing the plot or the reader.

I think the fight scenes were handled especially well. In one case there is a three-chapter long fight scene, yet it is constantly switching tactics, points of view, and new events are always happening so it never feels old. Fight scenes are an especially hard thing to keep me interested in, so this was a real achievement.

I can’t wait to see where this series goes.
I give this a 4.5 adjusted to a four for reviewing sites.
Profile Image for T..
Author 13 books564 followers
June 23, 2017
I'll admit, I almost gave on on this one after the first few chapters. The jumping around an vague references kept me from connecting with characters. Since I'd read prior books Valkyrie's Vengeance, and Hunger Moon, and enjoyed them, I stuck this one out and at some point, the story line snapped together for me and I was caught up in the plot. The rating is due to the difficult start, but the book had a strong ending with a few twists and turns that kept me smiling.
Profile Image for Lilac Reviews.
98 reviews3 followers
March 22, 2015
Powerful writing in this novel! I have no doubt that one would love to read book one in this series before starting this one. However, I had no trouble following the plot or getting involved with the characters. Melissa uses all her senses when writing. The smells of battle and death are included here. The writing is descriptive, clear and polished.
It might be hard to find a person that hasn’t been exposed to a vampire or werewolf movie or book at some point in their life. Melissa doesn’t stop at the surface. She has built a multi-layered world and respects the lore and legends.
I had never seen this concept and loved this:
“The lone hunter sprinted toward the pack of enormous wolves. He reached across his torso to claw at the stylized dagger inked on the back of his forearm: his tattoo weapon, indestructible and always with him. The intricate artwork had rough edges that overlaid scorched scar tissue like a brand. Dark tendrils of energy surrounded the knife arcing beneath the surface of his skin.”
I also liked the small bit of business about the books some of the characters were reading. Speaking of the characters, the banter of the hunters, the pack loyalty/mentality, and the evil of the vampires… could have easily been trite. Not so with Battle Cry, they are 100% believable. You wonder how good guys you are rooting for could be against odds with each other. But they are in a complicated situation, reeling from past tragedy and trying to untangle truth to find their ground. Anyone that appreciates paranormal storylines will enjoy this read.
I was provided a free copy of this book in order to read and write an honest review.
Profile Image for Lyn Mckenzie.
850 reviews16 followers
October 23, 2016
Oh Wow... i absolutely frickin adored this book!!!!! I love this authors work and i love this series. I love the mythological aspect of this book and i am awed at how Melissa Snark manages to come up with the amazing ideas and concepts that she does.

The storyline in this book is amazing! It follows on from the book previous to this so i would say that anyone looking at reading this book really needs to read the books before it to truly understand certain parts of this book, it will be more enjoyable knowing the full back story. The plot is so complex and exciting, it is definately filled with non-stop action and adventure from beginning to end. There are major surprises around every cornerin this page turner of a book! I was shocked and surprised on numerous occasions in this book and my opinions of certain situations and characters completely change! I wold love to go more into this and who i am talking about but that will definately ruin some of this book but the people who have read this book will know exactly who i mean.

I seriously cant rate this book highly enough and i am dying to get my hands on the next book, i cant even imagine where the author is going to take this book next. How many shocks and surprises will be awaiting? I do want to menion that it is not just the storyline that made me love this book so much, it is also the way that Melissa Snark writes her books, she is seriously talented and is an amazing storyteller, the way she vrings her books alive is unreal, they feel magical and compelling but also are so realistic in so many ways. I love her work and guarantee that once you havew read just one of her books, you will be hooked for life!!!!
Profile Image for Jackie.
Author 21 books473 followers
September 6, 2015
Victoria Storm has lost more than most. Both her lover and mate have met ends so close together that her heart hasn’t really had time to heal. But, she must put that aside when she realizes the vampire who took her lover also took his soul. She must join forces with his father, the Hunter King and his brother who has made it his passion to try to hunt her down. As they try to navigate the treacherous waters of diplomacy and negotiation, truths will be revealed that could change the world if they got out. Can Victoria, her pack and the hunters forge an alliance to face the undead or will the undead win out allowing for the end of all they know?

This was a great addition to this series. You really get to see some of the dangers that Victoria and her pack are facing. It was also nice to see some of the secrets being revealed. We got to see more of what the Gods have planned and how much of Loki’s manipulations have caused the horrible scenarios that have caused the Barretts and Victoria so much pain. I was happy to see that Victoria didn’t have any new heartbreak. I was starting to wonder if that was going to happen in all the books. Melissa Snark really managed to weave a fantastic second book that brings the Norse Gods and legends to life and the paranormal world of werewolves and vampires together. I know this second book was a few years in the making I truly hope the next one comes sooner because I know this fan just can’t wait.
Profile Image for Amanda Kimberley.
Author 91 books205 followers
March 22, 2015
I received this book from the author via Goddess Fish Promotions in exchange for an honest review. I have read a lot of Melissa Snark's work over the years, but all of that work cannot compare to Battle Cry. This is by far, her best work yet that blends fantasy, Norse legend, and the paranormal. All of her work is really good, but I like Battle Cry the best!

Melissa is an exceptional storyteller. Her imagery is so descriptive that I find it complete poetry. The book had me hooked right from page one because it is action-packed. I loved all three distinct stories in the book and wanted to know what would happen to all the characters that it was very hard to put down.

There are many people out there that shy away from reading books out of sequence in a series because they are afraid that they will not be able to follow the story as well, but I can assure you that this book can be read as a stand alone because there is plenty of back story woven in brilliantly throughout the story that you will not feel lost. I honestly needed the back story because I hadn't read "Hunger Moon" Book One in quite some time. I truly believe that it will not hinder you reading this series out of sequence or reading the series by taking a long break between books.

This book is five stars!
Profile Image for Nikki Brooks.
2,847 reviews36 followers
September 20, 2016
EEEEgads where do I start! Victoria is still getting used to the idea of being pregnant and is having visions of Daniel! His brother is hot on her heels and she is unsure whether its safe to approach his family and explain what happened when Daniel died or if she'll just muddy the waters and turn potential fragile links to being allies to further enmity!! I was almost bubbling at parts from the sheer emotional tug she and Daniel have on my poor wee heart!

With pack needs, pregnancy, traitors, explosions and one serious OMG reveal at the Hunter Kings true identity and Loki's interference yet again, this book is all go!!! whilst there is a lot going on you won't get lost in the plot threads as long as you have read the books in order.

I'm now reeling at events which seem to be on the horizon and wondering just who on earth Victoria will share her life with, cause at the mo I'm rooting for all the men in her life!!!
290 reviews
July 30, 2015
I give 5 stars to Battle Cry by Melissa Snark. This is an urban fantasy / paranormal romance and is for readers 18+ due to sexual content.

I found Battle Cry to be an amazing book. I was caught up in the fascinating and truly original storyline; drama, action, and suspense. While reading the book, I was eagerly hanging on trying to find out what would happen next. At times, I had to keep a box of tissue handy nearby to wipe away my tears. Wow, I am truly amazed by how Melissa Snark wrapped up, and presented this story. She had a great way of weaving her tale of Norse mythology; other paranormal elements, and hunters, in this modern story.

The full review can be found on the below URL

DebA