Start by marking “The Assassin's Heart (The Assassins #1)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin's Heart (The Assassins #1)

The Assassin's Heart (The Assassins #1)

When CIA assassin Hannah Winslow mistakenly kills the wrong man, she vows never to take another life. Unfortunately Hannah's superiors believe the killing was intentional. Now Hannah is the target.

Hannah always knew it might come to this. Surprising her colleagues, she manages to disappear completely into a new, screamingly dull life, assuming a fake identity, shacking up
Published March 1st 2014 by Camel Press (first published February 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Assassin's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Assassin's Heart

S.V. Farnsworth
Jan 30, 2014 S.V. Farnsworth rated it really liked it
Advanced Read and Review of “The Assassin’s Heart”
By S.V. Farnsworth
A fast paced, engaging novel, The Assassin’s Heart by Julie Kazimer draws you in with action, twists, and charm. Well written and riveting, this adventure/romance is a great escape with heat. Julie engages the reader in intrigue and physical attraction with real romance on an ever closer horizon. Not a hearts and flowers book, this gritty, sincere story is a fun read. Julie captures the main characters’ drive to take “liking to
Meagan
Mar 12, 2014 Meagan rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction, suspense
I have a special fondness for assassin stories. They tend to come packaged with the kind of action and gallows humor that hits me right where it counts. Add in a little romance, a la Grosse Pointe Blank, and I'm happy as a clam. And in case you haven't guessed by the title, The Assassin's Heart has both. Shocking, I know. Unfortunately, the story didn't hit me quite in the way that I'd hoped. Full disclosure: I was reading the first half on an airplane after a very tiring work trip. So feel free ...more
Aimie Runyan
Mar 03, 2014 Aimie Runyan rated it it was amazing
While action books are not my wheelhouse, every once in a while, I do love a great suspense novel to get my blood pumping. JA Kazimer’s THE ASSASSIN’S HEART did not fail to deliver! One reason I don’t read the genre more frequently is that a) Too often I can guess the mystery element far too early, and b) The characters are often more like caricatures.

Ms. Kazimer never comes close to falling into either of those traps. I was kept guessing until the final climax, which is a heck of a thing to do.
GypsyBelle
Apr 10, 2014 GypsyBelle rated it it was amazing
WOW! Double WOW! If you are a fan of James Bond, and Mr &Mrs Smith then this is the book for you ! You have Six who can shoot a wings off a fly at 20 yards away, and her partner Ben who is oh so dreamy with his macho self. When a mistaken identity kills the wrong man , Six says never again. But now the CIA/OPS are saying you knew what you did and you are rouge what is a girl to do? Run , run and make a new identity. She knows she didn't do anything wrong , but who is going to belieave her ? ...more
Dean Miller
Mar 24, 2014 Dean Miller rated it really liked it
J. A. Kazimer has delivered another spell binding tale, this one with hints of love and romance that teeters on the brink of both failure and success. Characters are well defined and their relationships are complicated, believable, and easy to follow. Once I started this book, I didn't want to put it down.

Given the diversity of Ms. Kazimer's books, its amazing to find each one standing strongly on their own. This one sits near the top of the pile for me.
Marianne
Dec 03, 2015 Marianne rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book by Julie Kazimer. Kept me turning pages to the end. The book was a nice mix of adventure, mystery, and love to make it interesting to many readers. Definitely looking forward to grabbing another title by this author to see what else she has in store for me!
Lynn
Mar 23, 2014 Lynn rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The intensity of the story was created by never knowing exactly who the main character could trust. Her instincts may not be as reliable as she thinks. Good read.
Cindy Miller
Cindy Miller rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2017
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Emily Fox
Emily Fox rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2014
Meagan Lehnert
Meagan Lehnert rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Kelley
Kelley rated it it was amazing
Carina
Carina rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Chelsie Tooms
Chelsie Tooms rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Sophia
Sophia rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Elation
Elation rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2015
Sharon Belcastro
Sharon Belcastro rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Hmr28
Hmr28 rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2014
Janet
Janet rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2014
Isabella Volchok
Isabella Volchok rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2014
C.L. Norman
C.L. Norman rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Kay Lewis
Kay Lewis rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2014
Sahra
Sahra rated it it was amazing
Heidi Clark-Ladd
Heidi Clark-Ladd rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Bernadette
Bernadette rated it really liked it
Lanie
Lanie rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Leah
Leah rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Ana
Ana rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2014
  • Cold in the Shadows (Cold Justice, #5)
  • Mirror Me (Mirror, #1)
  • Blush
  • Colton's Deep Cover (The Coltons of Eden Falls #3)
  • Where Evil Waits (Mann Family, #2)
  • Between Shadows (Assassins, #1)
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • Play Nice
  • Desperate Hearts
  • Lady in Red (Mad Passions, #2)
  • Stripped (Black Opals #1)
  • Assassins in Love (Assassins Guild, #1)
  • The Hitwoman and the Chubby Cherub (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #13)
  • Moving Target
  • War With Love (Young Assassins, #2)
  • Sasha & Andriena #1 (Lovers & Sinners #1)
  • Barely Undercover (Legal Heat, #2)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
J.A. Kazimer is a writer living in Denver, CO.

When she isn't looking for the perfect place to hide the bodies, she spends her time surrounded by cats with attitude and a little puppy named Killer. Other hobbies include murdering houseplants.

After years of slacking, she received a master's degree in forensic psychology, which she promptly ignored and started writing novels.

In addition to studying
More about J.A. Kazimer...

The Assassins (2 books)
  • The Assassin's Kiss (The Assassins #2)