Start by marking “Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)” as Want to Read:
Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)

Love, Tussles, and Takedowns

(Cactus Creek #3)

He’s a better fighter...but she has all the weapons.

After his combat injuries retire him from the military career he wasn't ready to give up, battle-scarred Hudson Reyes now spends his new life as a movie industry fight scene and weapons specialist simply doing what he knows best: surviving. Until he meets her. The one woman who makes him want to live again.

Sweet, angel
Published June 29th 2014 by Violet Duke (first published June 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Tussles, and Takedowns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Tussles, and Takedowns

Coco.V
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/2/2019)! 🎁
J. Kahele
Too...drawn out for me. The writing was very good, but the plot, story line was dragged out too much :/
Bette Hansen
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm so torn writing this review because I am a HUGE fan of Violet Duke's books. This book not so much. While I really like the overall story, the writing felt rushed with many of the twists and character issues left unresolved. I love the characters in this book but I really want to know more about them. The book left me feeling unfulfilled.
Coco.V
May 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/4/2019)! 🎁
judy l. smith
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good romance.

This series is full of great romance stories. Each book is a complete novel with no cliffhanger. The characters are great with lots of emotion. The writing style is easy to follow and focuses on the story details rather than a lot of steamy scenes. I would recommend the whole series.
Tonya Peterson
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting past the nightmares

Both Hudson and Liana has had a draumatic and tough past. But they both found that martial arts has helped a lot. When confronting their past they are nothing but I sync with each other and help each other out.
Izzybear
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hudson and Lia's story was very sweet. I loved the chemistry between the two. Their story made me laugh and cry. It was very touching.
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

I loved Love, Tussles, and Takedowns. Hudson and Lia are amazing together. Where they both end up by the end of the book is just perfect. Such a great read.

Lia is this strong, tough, girl. She is the bouncer for the local bar, she is an antique arms authenticator, she does kickboxing and martial arts, she is just amazing. She is small, but man you do not want to mess with her. Loved her.

Hudson is trying to figure out his new life outsi
Char Sowers
Violet Duke brings us a romance with two incredibly romantic Alphas, that know their firearms and love to roughhouse - and find it incredibly SEXY! They are adorable, trying to take it slow but getting turned on at the slightest noise, roundhouse kick, and tap out. Liana, the heroine, seems like she has all of her trauma behind her, but there is something that she didn't really know wasn't resolved. Hudson has a deeply buried misery that when it rears it's ugly head - it's ... well ugly. This to ...more
Neilliza Swaffar
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆☆ 4.5 ☆☆☆☆☆

The first time Hudson has seen Liana, he couldn’t take his eyes off her. And as an antique arms authenticator trained in martial arts, Hudson was in awe. He was so turned on, on how much she knew her firearms. After he saw her ride her motorcycle, he was turned on even more. After that he couldn’t get his mind off her, he tracked her down and surprised her at the bar. When they started talking it was effortless, they talked like they’ve know each other for years. That day was the
Kayla
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahhh Hudson and Lia...I really liked these two. Honestly Lia HAS to be a gift from another world with how sweet and patient she is. These two damaged souls come together to heal each other with the best known power to man: Love.

With acceptance and caring these two create quite a powerful couple. I love that Hudson isn’t so careful with her. He doesn’t treat Lia like fine china. This is what made me truly and really LOVE Hudson.He know’s she can hold her own and doesn’t coddle her. He also chose
Marissa Chavez
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
❤❤❤

Lia and Hudson were definitely meant for one another. You knew it from the moment they met it was going to work out for them! So happy they found what they were looking for!

Can't wait to read about Xoey and Isaac next! 😊
Marie
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adore Violet Duke. Her writing is witty, sexy & entertaining! Love this series & wished I lived in my own version of Cactus Creek!
Bette Stanek
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third book of the Cactus Creek series by Violet Duke. Just like all the others, it can be read as a stand-alone, but you’ll appreciate it more knowing the characters and their backgrounds as they all run in and out of one another’s stories.

This is Lia and Hudson’s story. Lia was orphaned at the age of fourteen and was promptly brought into the Spencer family through the foster system. Her destiny was sealed after that. Especially where her three overprotective brothers are concerned
Wai
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The author was recommended by a member of another author fan group I am part of. So she must be quite popular if the general ratings are to go by. Maybe it’s this particular book but the heroine presses all Asian stereotype buttons for me.
nikki-ann chambers
Disappointed

The concept of the story well unique and different. I was just disappointed that the sex was implied but omitted. With this storyline the sex would have been dynamic and different from the typical romance novels we currently read today.
Karri  Brown
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definite Takedown

Absolutely loved this book. This series is getting better everytime. This book made you cry and laugh. The scenes were hot and so interesting. I cannot wait to keep following the characters or Cactus Creek. Great read and series!! Love it.
Christine Peterson
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
I wasn’t sure about this book in the beginning, but it pulled me in and tugged on my heartstrings just like the other books I have read by the author. The was only one missing piece to the story...what happened to Leo.
Ellen White
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
For Lia a night in the bar by herself, seemed different this time, lonely. When asked for a dance, a connection with Hudson, was the beginning. Two broken soul, finding the healing that could be given to one another.
A different approach to her writing, and was good, and worth reading.
Iluvbooks44
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Violet’s books, she is one of my favourite authors.

I loved this book from start to finish.

I love the characters and the story.
Glenda Bettin
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great series
Gail
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance
Read as part of a 10 pack on Kindle.
Leann McKay
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another one bites the dust

Fabulous series by Violet Duke. These two are two wounded souls who are lucky enough to find one another. A must read
Ashlee Marie
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tower-teams-v
I think I loved this one most of all. I'm excited to read the rest of the series, but need to wait for it to come out for NOOK.
Lynette
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with this series!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

Author Violet Duke takes us back to Cactus Creek, Arizona and I couldn’t be happier to be back in this crazy albeit nutty as hell town. Love, Tussles, and Takedowns pairs two people who have way more in common than most unfortunately some of the things they have in common could very possibly keep them apart. These are two individuals who have both been touched by violence that haunts them, the
Opinionated and Brutally Honest Reviews
Very entertaining. I think I fell in love with her brothers. I wish there was some suspense so that the Lia emergency line could actually be because of an emergency.
Marcia
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a Cactus Creek novel but it can be read as a stand alone. I recommend, however, that you read all of her books cause they are really good.
Hudson Reyes is scarred, inside and out. Injured in Afghanistan in a combat incident, he is home and resigned to never being a soldier again. He has also resigned himself to a life of loneliness and unhappiness, until he spies Lia at a friends wedding and can’t get her out of his head. Liana Lin has her own scars from her past to deal with, but she’s
MsChris1161
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, reviewed, ebook
Violet Duke has once again spun her special kind of magic and delivered an amazing story for her readers. LOVE, TUSSLES, AND TAKEDOWNS is the second full-length book in her Cactus Creek series, but can be read as a stand alone. As I said, Violet' s style of writing always feels a bit magical to me. It's charming, witty, and so very colorful in her descriptions I am completely drawn into the world she builds, in this case, Cactus Creek. The residents of the town itself are quirky, intrusive, clos ...more
Alima Livzletlivz
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’ve loved, loved Violet Duke from the first time I read her – a brilliant writer with an insight into the souls of her characters, heavily invested into the emotions of her heroes and heroines, a tremendous energy of keeping wit and humor between the lines and a sublime spark of passion and love, just ready to sizzle the pages of her stories.

If Love, Chocolate and Beer was a heady concoction of rich, warm chocolate and beer brewed to perfection, Love, Tussles and Takedowns is armed with the unc
« previous 1 3 4 next »
August 2014 Comment 1 11 Aug 15, 2014 03:41PM

• Collared (Going to the Dogs #4)
  • Her Forever Gift (Big Sky Mavericks, #5)
  • Favorite Places (TroubleMaker, #2)
  • Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Miracle on Chance Avenue (Love on Chance Avenue #2)
  • Blue Balls and Push-Up Bras (Blue Balls, #1)
  • Playing With Him (The Players Club, #0.5)
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2; Copper Mountain Christmas #3)
  • Hockey Is My Boyfriend (Part One)
  • Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • The Red Order (Order of the Seers, #2)
  • Stuck On You
  • Bachelor's Special
  • Joshua's Folly
  • Coffee, Tea, the Gypsy & Me
  • Negotiation Tactics (Sutton Capital #3)
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author Violet Duke is a former professor of English Education ecstatic to be on the other side of the page now writing emotion-rich stories with fun, everyday characters and sweet, sexy match-ups. Since her debut series in 2013, over a million readers have put all four of Violet's laugh & cry contemporary romance series on bestseller lists and Top 10 ...more

Cactus Creek (6 books)
  • Love, Chocolate, and Beer (Cactus Creek, #1)
  • Love, Diamonds, and Spades (Cactus Creek, #2)
  • Love, Exes, and Ohs (Cactus Creek, #4)
  • Love, Sidelines, and Endzones (Cactus Creek, #5)
  • Untitled Cactus Creek Book 6 (Cactus Creek, #6)
“He’d never, in his entire life, thought he’d ever be on the receiving end of a vibrator used as a martial arts weapon.” 0 likes