Start by marking “Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)” as Want to Read:
Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)

Love, Tussles, and Takedowns

(Cactus Creek #3)

He’s a better fighter...but she has all the weapons.

After his combat injuries retire him from the military career he wasn't ready to give up, battle-scarred Hudson Reyes now spends his new life as a movie industry fight scene and weapons specialist simply doing what he knows best: surviving. Until he meets her. The one woman who makes him want to live again.

Sweet, ang
Published June 29th 2014 by Violet Duke (first published June 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Tussles, and Takedowns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Tussles, and Takedowns

Start your review of Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)
Coco.V
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/2/2019)! 🎁
J. Kahele
Too...drawn out for me. The writing was very good, but the plot, story line was dragged out too much :/
Bette Hansen
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm so torn writing this review because I am a HUGE fan of Violet Duke's books. This book not so much. While I really like the overall story, the writing felt rushed with many of the twists and character issues left unresolved. I love the characters in this book but I really want to know more about them. The book left me feeling unfulfilled. ...more
Coco.V
May 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/4/2019)! 🎁
judy l. smith
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good romance.

This series is full of great romance stories. Each book is a complete novel with no cliffhanger. The characters are great with lots of emotion. The writing style is easy to follow and focuses on the story details rather than a lot of steamy scenes. I would recommend the whole series.
Carolyn
Love, Tussles, and Takedowns is the third book in the Cactus Creek series. The books are all stand alone issues with interconnecting characters. It's a small town romance that is heavy on the humor and the heat leans towards a slow burn. This addition has all the "feels" that makes this book a five star!

Hudson Reyes is former U.S. Army Special Forces and injuries from combat force him to retire from the military earlier than he wanted. Hudson is now a movie industry fight scene choreographer and
Tonya Peterson
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting past the nightmares

Both Hudson and Liana has had a draumatic and tough past. But they both found that martial arts has helped a lot. When confronting their past they are nothing but I sync with each other and help each other out.
Izzybear
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hudson and Lia's story was very sweet. I loved the chemistry between the two. Their story made me laugh and cry. It was very touching. ...more
Meryl
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

Story is engaging. The link around her first husband is never closed, that kept playing in my mind through Lia and Hudson’s journey.
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

I loved Love, Tussles, and Takedowns. Hudson and Lia are amazing together. Where they both end up by the end of the book is just perfect. Such a great read.

Lia is this strong, tough, girl. She is the bouncer for the local bar, she is an antique arms authenticator, she does kickboxing and martial arts, she is just amazing. She is small, but man you do not want to mess with her. Loved her.

Hudson is trying to figure out his new life outsi
Char Sowers
Violet Duke brings us a romance with two incredibly romantic Alphas, that know their firearms and love to roughhouse - and find it incredibly SEXY! They are adorable, trying to take it slow but getting turned on at the slightest noise, roundhouse kick, and tap out. Liana, the heroine, seems like she has all of her trauma behind her, but there is something that she didn't really know wasn't resolved. Hudson has a deeply buried misery that when it rears it's ugly head - it's ... well ugly. This to ...more
N Swaffar
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆☆ 4.5 ☆☆☆☆☆

The first time Hudson has seen Liana, he couldn’t take his eyes off her. And as an antique arms authenticator trained in martial arts, Hudson was in awe. He was so turned on, on how much she knew her firearms. After he saw her ride her motorcycle, he was turned on even more. After that he couldn’t get his mind off her, he tracked her down and surprised her at the bar. When they started talking it was effortless, they talked like they’ve know each other for years. That day was the
Kayla
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahhh Hudson and Lia...I really liked these two. Honestly Lia HAS to be a gift from another world with how sweet and patient she is. These two damaged souls come together to heal each other with the best known power to man: Love.

With acceptance and caring these two create quite a powerful couple. I love that Hudson isn’t so careful with her. He doesn’t treat Lia like fine china. This is what made me truly and really LOVE Hudson.He know’s she can hold her own and doesn’t coddle her. He also chose
Bette Stanek
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third book of the Cactus Creek series by Violet Duke. Just like all the others, it can be read as a stand-alone, but you’ll appreciate it more knowing the characters and their backgrounds as they all run in and out of one another’s stories.

This is Lia and Hudson’s story. Lia was orphaned at the age of fourteen and was promptly brought into the Spencer family through the foster system. Her destiny was sealed after that. Especially where her three overprotective brothers are concerned
Maureen Hoar
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was slow moving. The characters didn't really connect for me. There are too many unanswered questions and holes in the plot. I was just left feeling empty. I truly wanted to love this book. The premise was promising but fell short for me. ...more
Wai
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The author was recommended by a member of another author fan group I am part of. So she must be quite popular if the general ratings are to go by. Maybe it’s this particular book but the heroine presses all Asian stereotype buttons for me.
Marissa Chavez
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
❤❤❤

Lia and Hudson were definitely meant for one another. You knew it from the moment they met it was going to work out for them! So happy they found what they were looking for!

Can't wait to read about Xoey and Isaac next! 😊
nikki-ann chambers
Disappointed

The concept of the story well unique and different. I was just disappointed that the sex was implied but omitted. With this storyline the sex would have been dynamic and different from the typical romance novels we currently read today.
Marie
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adore Violet Duke. Her writing is witty, sexy & entertaining! Love this series & wished I lived in my own version of Cactus Creek!
Tashia
May 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF: The writing for this one is just too much... the banter between the characters is corny as hell and I"m sorry but please let the Thesaurus rest. ...more
Amanda
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nearly perfect

Just not as graphic sex wise as I like. They actually kissed right? Very little description in there lol but loved the characters. Also undressing seems to have gotten forgotten. Great fantasy escapism though hard to get into the guns/weapons/war theme but I guess it goes with the jobs and people. Loved the two fighting. Sexy.
Diane
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Hadn’t read this author before but was pleasantly pleased with the book. Obviously part of a series but this was a complete book. Some of it was sweet and some a bit over the top with Lia being full of goodness and perfection, but was a good story. Sex scenes were minimal.
Linda Morey
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters . Lia knew all kinds of MMA moves and Kung Fu plus she was an antique arm’s expert . Hudson was ex military with hand injuries . They met , she was a virgin widow ( never found out if husbands war remains found ) and he took things slow. They said it would be ok to go to second base . Sweet story
Christine Peterson
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
I wasn’t sure about this book in the beginning, but it pulled me in and tugged on my heartstrings just like the other books I have read by the author. The was only one missing piece to the story...what happened to Leo.
Karri  Brown
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definite Takedown

Absolutely loved this book. This series is getting better everytime. This book made you cry and laugh. The scenes were hot and so interesting. I cannot wait to keep following the characters or Cactus Creek. Great read and series!! Love it.
Ellen White
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
For Lia a night in the bar by herself, seemed different this time, lonely. When asked for a dance, a connection with Hudson, was the beginning. Two broken soul, finding the healing that could be given to one another.
A different approach to her writing, and was good, and worth reading.
Ashlee
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tower-teams-v
I think I loved this one most of all. I'm excited to read the rest of the series, but need to wait for it to come out for NOOK. ...more
Gail
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, kindle
Read as part of a 10 pack on Kindle.
Iluvbooks44
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Violet’s books, she is one of my favourite authors.

I loved this book from start to finish.

I love the characters and the story.
Leann McKay
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another one bites the dust

Fabulous series by Violet Duke. These two are two wounded souls who are lucky enough to find one another. A must read
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
August 2014 Comment 1 11 Aug 15, 2014 03:41PM

• Fractured (Southern Alphas, #2)
  • Crazy For You (Last Frontier Lodge, #8)
  • Murphy's Law
  • Anti Hero
  • Blue Sky (Blue Devils, #1)
  • Driving Home for Christmas (Billionaire Holiday #1)
  • The Beauty and The Beast (Heroes Ever After #1)
  • One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series, #1)
  • What Happens in the Highlands
  • Arrested by Love (Long Valley, #2)
  • The Lawson Brothers Bundle (The Lawson Brothers, #1-3)
  • A is for Alpha
  • Be with Me (All I Want, #2)
  • Match Made in Wyoming (Wyoming Wildflowers, #2)
  • Her Texas Ex (The Dangerous Delaneys, #1)
  • Hung up on Hadley (Red Maple Falls, #5)
  • This Time Around (Love in the Heartland, #2)
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author Violet Duke is a former professor of English Education ecstatic to be on the other side of the page now writing emotion-rich stories with fun, everyday characters and sweet, sexy match-ups. Since her debut series in 2013, over a million readers have put all four of Violet's laugh & cry contemporary romance series on bestseller lists and Top 10 charts a ...more

Cactus Creek (6 books)
  • Love, Chocolate, and Beer (Cactus Creek, #1)
  • Love, Diamonds, and Spades (Cactus Creek, #2)
  • Love, Exes, and Ohs (Cactus Creek, #4)
  • Love, Sidelines, and Endzones (Cactus Creek, #5)
  • Untitled Cactus Creek Book 6 (Cactus Creek, #6)