Start by marking “A Little Combustible Chemistry (Cactus Creek, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
A Little Combustible Chemistry (Cactus Creek, #0.5)

A Little Combustible Chemistry

(Cactus Creek 0.5)

Man, oh man, was he in trouble...

If the girl-next-door-had an unpredictable, feisty twin sister, this woman would be her. Though she'd doused it quickly, a sizzling, ultra-feminine awareness had flared in her eyes in that brief moment they'd met his, along with a sweet blush she'd fought with adorably, stubborn defiance. Damn, she was cute. And intriguing. With that quiet,
Published January 28th 2014

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeOrxBbysb_zps0163628c.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (2/20/2015)

This prequel is included in FREE book 1.

THE CACTUS CREEK SERIES:

BOOK 1: Love, Chocolate, and Beer [Luke & Dani] (includes: A Little Combustible Chemistry, Prequel)
BOOK 2: Love, Tussles, and Takedowns [Hudson & Lia]
BOOK 3: Love, Exes, and Ohs [Isaac & Xoey]
BOOK 4: Love, Sidelines, and Endzones [Grady & Sienna]
BOOK 5: A Little Holiday Meddling [Holiday Novella -- Noah & Katelyn]

Fran
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don't normally read prequels but this one was included in the actual book so of course I read it. :)
MsChris1161
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, own, reviewed
A LITTLE COMBUSTIBLE CHEMISTRY by Violet Duke is a brilliant introduction to her new Cactus Creek series. It is a smart, snappy, witty, steamy, and most of all a fun prequel to Love, Chocolate and Beer (Cactus Creek #1) that was just right at satisfying me with the novella and teasing me with the desire for more. As with Violet’s Nice Girl to Love series I fell head over heels for her likeable characters mostly due to the natural and realistic feel of her writing style.

The key players are Dani D
Mitsy
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a fun story
Yeah, I'm smiling and doing a little happy dance after reading about Luke and Dani! Wicked fun! Luke moves his chocolate shop next to Dani's brewery and the sparks fly. Oh, I love them. I love their banter. I love Quinn, Luke's longtime friend and business manager. I love Xoey, Dani's best friend. This is a really fun story. So great, I bought the first book off Amazon right away. I love it!

The writing is wonderful. I feel as if the author was smiling as she wrote. :) The short story just seeme
Michal
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mm-mmm, what a fantastic start to Dani and Luke's story! I love that we get a little backdrop before diving into Love, Chocolate & Beer, it really helped set it up.

Although I can't say much in the way of beer, (yet), I do love Cactus Creek's local brewmaster Dani. Her devotion to her brewpub and loyalty to her customers is as real as it gets. Beautiful inside and out we'll see if she can begin to discover that romance is in fact attainable.

And let's not forget Luke, chocolatier and new to
LadyCalico
Feb 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
What utterly vile putrid garbage! This is a very mean, ugly story containing some of the most mean, ugly, shallow, puerile, low-class, horndog characters ever to disgrace a mean, ugly story. If walking va-jay-jays without hearts, souls, or minds hooking up with walking dicks without hearts, souls, or minds is what passes for story, humor, and romance, then we as a nation have sunk ridiculously far into sub-human standards. Just what is an author's purpose of challenging herself to sink as low as ...more
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Dani and Luke are definitely different from the good girl series! I know I'm going to be looking forward to more one on one with the two.

Dani=beer
Luke=chocolate

Hm, how exactly will this work out between them?!;)
Guess you have to read the full length novel Love, Chocolate, and Beer to find out.
Karen Hrdlicka
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great prequel to set up the series.
Sami ♥'s Books
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How cute! I can't wait to read the next one!
Dee
Two-haiku review:

They have chemistry
Then find out other's business
They clash, make a bet

Very short freebie
To entice buying real book
I did, so we'll see
KimberlyDawn
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the prequel to the Cactus Creek series. Dani owns the bar, and Luke owns the chocolate shop. Their chemistry is amazing, but can they make more of it? I really enjoyed this prequel, and look forward to reading more about Dani and Luke. I definitely recommend reading it!
BL
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh those are fighting words.

Let the games begin, this is a great start to a book that helps get you to understand these characters.
Brienne Dubh
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review from website Escapology Reviews
escapologyreviews.com

After downloading Love, Chocolate and Beer to my beloved kindle I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was a two for one deal that included the prequel novella, A Little Combustible Chemistry. It also came with a note from the author that it was highly recommended to be read first. After reading both I couldn't agree more.

Straight away we are introduced to the smart and bold female brewmaster Dani Dobson and I must say I took to her r
Kayla
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Short Story it maybe but it was jam packed with blood pressure raising scenes. I laughed and blushed a lot through the 71 pages of this prequel. Even better? At the end of it I was practically screaming for the 1st book! Whats better than Chocolate and Beer? Watching the steamy story unfold between the owners and masters of each trade. When Dani and Luke met I became a complete female and practically sighed with envy and then quickly held my breath to see what would happen next with those two. T ...more
Lea
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
It's hard to rate a prequel novella. This was an enticing start and I, of course, want to know more. But not much happened since it's a "how they met" story. Good writing and good chemistry.
Vanessa
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-selected
I loved Violets first series so this one I knew would be no different and thank goodness I had the ARC copy of this because after reading this novella I would have been lost in the book. This was like a tease that made you NEED the next book because the chemistry between Dani and Luke is crazy, melt in your mouth chocolate, need a beer to cool down hot!! (See what I did there?) Anyways in the novella we meet the two main characters and their secondary ones as well. Feisty, in your face Dani is t ...more
Radeyah H.  Ali
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect prequel to Love, Chocolate and Beer!

It was fun and it really got me hooked.

I especially love how Connor and Brian from The Nice Girl to Love Series just snuck their way into the prequel so we know that they're well and thriving in their various relationships.

The prequel definitely sets the stage for Dani and Luke's epic love story. From the first moments they laid eyes on each other, there was instant combustible chemistry.

Cuddos to Author, Violet Duke for writing an ama
Sue
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Little Combustible Chemistry by Violet Duke is a great introduction to her new Cactus Creek series! Luke is new to Cactus Creek, hoping to make a success of his chocolate shop and make Cactus Creek his home. Dani is the brewmaster in the pub once run by her father and now run by her.

As soon as Luke and Dani see each other across the crowded bar there is definite chemistry! Dani is beer and Luke is chocolate. Luke wants her. He can't stop thinking about her. With surprises, fun, and a little s
Heather
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the prequel to Love, Chocolate and Beer, the first book in the Cactus Creek series.

In this novella, we learn about the first explosive meeting between Dani Dobson and Luke Bradford, however the night they meet, they don't exchange last names or occupations. All they know is that their chemistry is off the charts and to say it's combustible is entirely accurate!

This was a fun way to get to know the main characters of the first book and we also got a look at the secondary characters that
Melissa Marlow
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
A prequel to Love, Chocolate, and Beer. Contemporary Romance Novel
If there is lust at first sight Dani Dobson- local bar and brewery business owner, and Luke Bradford chocolatier and business owner definitely have the hot’s for each other.
So steaming in fact that they forget to exchange last names, phone numbers, and occupations after a hot sizzling moment in her liquor closet.
No this is not erotica so not over the top sexual innuendos, just clean hot sexy attraction that gets bulldozed by an un
Carra
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this prequel to Violet Duke's Love, Chocolate and Beer! The characters are immediately likable and the story is told in a way that makes you want to see where they all end up. I found the idea of the Valentine's Day/White Day promotion for the chocolate shop a little odd, but interesting enough to see how it plays out as the series continues. The chemistry between Dani and Luke is hot, immediate and the author does a great job of using it to set up the next book.

I've read Violet Duk
Christine Lacombe
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great start to a new series. Cactus Creek was mentioned in her previous series. I love the back and forth banter between Luke and Dani. She owns the bar/brewery and he owns the chocolate shop next door, but they don't realize this until almost the end of the book. When they meet, it is an instant chemistry. This prequel is totally setting up the scenario for Love, Chocolate, and Beer and you definitely need to read it first. I received an arc for an honest review. Note: Please read thi ...more
⚜️Trea
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very short prequel to the Author’s Cactus Creek series. The characters were very well written, and very feisty! They have an insta-lust attraction, but when the heroine discovers exactly who the hero is, she begins to fight against that attraction. The book ends on a cliffhanger, but it was funny enough that I would be very interested to see where the rest of the series goes! However, I got the feeling that the author’s other series was tied to this, as if this was a spin-off, so I’ll ...more
Kathryn Adair
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy-romance
I love having the chance to read this Prequel Novella to LOVE, CHOCOLATE, AND BEER.
To see how they meet how they reacted how the challenge started.
This made you dying for the next book!
Sparks fly. I do wonder what would have happened had they known exactly who each other were would that spark still be there? I think so. The Chemistry between the two is hard not to see. They both want each other they both cannot stop thinking of the other. But Stubbornness is a factor in Dani.
Read how it all star
Wendy
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked how this prequel set the scene for the books to come, didn't have a complete romance, but still felt like a complete book. Prequels to me sometimes feel rushed, when a writer tries to cram in a complete romance from start to HEA, which I didn't see in A little Combustible Chemistry at all.
We get the chance to meet Luke and Dani and see how their first meeting goes, see where the series will take us and meet some of the more colorfull j(a.k.a. Xoey) characters. This prequel is a v
Amy
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
Chocolate, beer and love? Where do I sign up?

In this prequel novella to Love, Chocolate and Beer you meet Dani and Luke. One owns a brewpub and the other owns a chocolate shop. I would definitely suggest reading the novella before you start Love, Chocolate and Beer because it is fun and it tells how Dani and Luke met and how their competition begins.

Also these two have some serious chemistry and are fun to read about!! I am off to read more about them!!
Melinda
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Get ready for a sexy tale filled with fun, sex and of course all of Violet Duke’s sexy imagination between these two. I am so excited for this series by Violet Duke I couldn’t put this book down once I started. This is a great prequel of what is going to happen between Dani and Luke. So much to say for this is just the sexual buildup between these two that will make you want more. Check out the full review from the actual book for it is awesome.

MORE @ http://melenasreviews.wordpress.com
Jackie
Although I may never read the rest of Luke and Dani's story this first introduction to the pair was not only laugh out loud good but made me hungry for some chocolate and a little drink to wash it down.

Neat initial start to a series that has serious potential to please a large audience of contemporary romance readers.
Stacey is Sassy
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Very cute

Very cute

This was a good read for a novella. I am glad that the author supplied this prequel for free as it gave a very clear idea of the authors style and capabilities.

I will definitely be reading this series and can see the potential characters for future books.
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great teaser

Wow! That was funny, sexy, and exciting. I love the fact that I start reading the book tomorrow. Dani and Luke are hilarious. I can't wait to get to know them. I wish I didn't have to sleep. Don't read this novella unless you want to read the book. This installment left me begging for MORE. Happy reading my fellow bookworms!
  • Her Forever Gift (Big Sky Mavericks, #5)
  • A Spy for Christmas
  • Collared (Going to the Dogs #4)
  • Blue Balls and Push-Up Bras (Blue Balls, #1)
  • An Officer and a Rebel (Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • One Wild Night (Wild Rush, #0.5)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2; Copper Mountain Christmas #3)
  • Playing With Him (The Players Club, #0.5)
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)
  • Steal Me, Cowboy (75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #5)
  • Hush (Tangleheart, #1)
  • Anything for You (Coming Home, #1.5)
  • Joshua's Folly
  • One Step Closer  (The DeLuca Brothers, #1)
  • The Borrowed Bride
  • On Thin Ice (On Thin Ice #1)
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author Violet Duke is a former professor of English Education ecstatic to be on the other side of the page now writing emotion-rich stories with fun, everyday characters and sweet, sexy match-ups. Since her debut series in 2013, over a million readers have put all four of Violet's laugh & cry contemporary romance series on bestseller lists and Top 10 ...more

Cactus Creek (6 books)
  • Love, Chocolate, and Beer (Cactus Creek, #1)
  • Love, Diamonds, and Spades (Cactus Creek, #2)
  • Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)
  • Love, Exes, and Ohs (Cactus Creek, #4)
  • Love, Sidelines, and Endzones (Cactus Creek, #5)
  • Untitled Cactus Creek Book 6 (Cactus Creek, #6)