Start by marking “The First Time We Met (Oxford Blue, #1)” as Want to Read:
The First Time We Met (Oxford Blue, #1)

The First Time We Met

(Oxford Blue #1)

The First Time We Met is the first novel in the sizzling new Oxford Blue romance series from Pippa Croft.

Senator's daughter Lauren Cusack is leaving Washington behind for the dreaming spires of Oxford University - and she's ready for a challenge. Now a fully-fledged Master's student, Lauren is determined to make the most of every single minute.

But then she meets Alexander
Published February 13th 2014 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about The First Time We Met, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Time We Met

Cora Tea Party Princess
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
5 Words: Lust, passion, sexy, hilarious, challenging.

This is a very steamy NA with more than a sprinkling of Downton-Abbey-esque old money traditions and snobbery. And I freaking loved it.

Sometimes I just need my NA fix, something that I won't take too seriously but I can still invest in and that will entertain me and keep me turning the pages.

For every cliché in The First Time We Met, there's a reminder that this isn't just your bog standard NA romance. Although there's lots and lots (and lots)
Elizabeth
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing

*Update* Edited to add: wow, there is a new film coming out in September called The Riot Club, featuring the gorgeous Max Irons (my idea of Alexander!), about an Oxford club of posh boys - just the thing to go with this fab series!!

The Riot Club Trailer

This was a brilliant read!

All American girl Lauren Cusack and British aristocrat/part time Special Forces officer Alexander Hunt meet while studying post grad courses at the fictional Wyckham college in Oxford. Sparks fly and they enter into an
Cecilia
Avrei voluto lasciare la recensione che ho scritto di getto su Goodreads terminata la lettura, ma poi ho pensato che no, qualche parola in più per questo romanzo va spesa, visto quanto è brutto. Ma non solo brutto, anche scritto male e pieno di farneticazioni che, se apertamente condannano lo stalker di turno, in realtà tacitamente portano ad accettare tutto quanto, dai regali consolatori ai comportamenti minacciosi come ormai nei romanzi rosa non si manca mai di fare. E mi fa dire una sola cosa ...more
Claire Robinson
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 - So When Is The Next Book Due Out Stars :(

The First Time We Met is Lauren Cusack's story, after managing to persuade her over-protective parents to allow her to study abroad she arrives at Oxford from Washington to realise her dream.

Not looking for any romantic entanglements Lauren is looking to soak up the atmosphere, make a few friends, and focus on her studies, unfortunately she didn't figure Captain Alexander (don't call him Alex) Hunt into the equation.

Alexander is tall, dark and han
Christine
05/23/17 - I am glad I paid $.53 for this book and not $9.99 which is the price I originally saw it for on Amazon. Actually, I want my fifty-three cents back, but I think Amazon's return policy is 7 days.

Too much name dropping of high end products. This book felt like an advertisement for Neiman Marcus. And the heroine did not just stop at name dropping of products, but famous people too and for no reason except to say it or brag (even though she said she did not brag. *eye roll* This is the pro
Samantha Tonge
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the beautiful setting and quality of writing, Croft brings a touch of class to the erotic genre. Lauren is a likeable character from the start and the reader can't help but fall in love with arrogant, repressed but vulnerable Alexander. Croft writes sex in a distinctive style, without the cringe-factor which is no mean feat. It's a fast-paced read and difficult to put down, with a great cliff-hanger ending. Bravo!
Rebecca Emin
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The First Time We Met appealed to me greatly as it is set in Oxford. It was wonderful to read the characters visiting places I know, and to imagine the story unfolding locally.

This book has everything you want in a page-turner; likeable as well as obnoxious characters, a female protagonist you can relate to and a smouldering, tall dark and drop-dead gorgeous hero with enough flaws to keep him interesting and human. When you add in rolling countryside, horses and dogs, the backdrop is as close to
Giuls
Sep 02, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 stellina perchè sono gentile

Questo libro è insulso.
Ma tanto.
La storia d'amore non ha sentimenti, nemmeno uno.
I personaggi non pensano (e grazie al cielo abbiamo avuto a che fare solo con il POV di Lauren).

Ecco come sono state riempite 300 PAGINE di libro:

descrizione di vestiti talmente-costosi-che-non-voglio-nemmeno-sapere-che-esistono, descrizione di palazzi, sesso, altri vestiti, descrizione di opere d'artee, sesso, altro sesso, altri vestiti, ancora sesso, palazzi, vestiti, sesso, non ho be
Stevie Carroll
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the author's new series for a big publisher. A gripping story for anyone who loves the quirks of Oxbridge colleges and the upper classes all seen through the eyes of an outsider who knows how privileged she is and isn't in comparison. The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger, but we don't have many months to wait for part two. Definitely recommended.
Felicia (felso)
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, i-own
Another great read by one of my favorite romance authors. If I had to describe the book using only two words...Smart and Sexy.
Janey
Feb 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, series
ARC received from Penguin Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Lauren Cusack has left her native Washington, US and arrived in Oxford to complete her masters?? Being a daughter of a politician, she is used to rubbing noses with the upper echelons of her society, whilst draped in the latest designer clothes.

She is introduced to her peers at the colleges daily evening feast, by a friendly face, Immy, who she had met on the stairs on arrival. She gets the measure of a certai
Mandy Baggot
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you love stories about how the other half live then this is a must for you. Designer dresses, balls, hunts and a rather sexy lead make for a page-turning read set amongst the privileged in Oxford's university campus.

Feisty Lauren Cusack, comes to the UK to study but gets more than she bargains for when she meets Alexander Hunt. A titled, moody Alpha who is keeping secrets - what more could you want from a hero?

Pure, sexy escapism!

Rachel Lyndhurst
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ooh la la! A super-hot page turner that made my weekend. LOVED the British setting and loved to hate some of the ghastly toff secondary characters. Really looking forward to the next book!
CrazyForRomance
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Questo libro mi ha attirato sin da quando ho scritto la presentazione della Blue Trilogy per voi lettrici di CrazyforRomance, perché ammetto che nella trama ci sono molti elementi di cui vado pazza , ovvero un protagonista proveniente dall'antica nobiltà inglese (un retaggio che mi porto dietro dal mio amore per gli storici regency), un ambientazione tipica da luxury romance, un gusto tipicamente collegiale… in più ambientato negli storici, austeri collegi dell'università di Oxford. Più british ...more
Sandra Foy
Aug 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
have read quite a few books in this genre and know what to expect. However I just couldn't get on with this one. There was nothing happening. Lauren Cusack over from America studying at Oxford meets Alexander hunt, aristocratic Englishman, also studying at Oxford. They are immediately drawn to each other and get together. That is it, until the final chapters when the author creates some tension with the introduction of the obnoxious ex-girlfriend.

The character of Alexander did nothing to fire
Loretta
Se Pippa Middleton aveva intenzione di scrivere un libro sulle avventure erotiche di sua sorella Kate con il principino Will poteva tranquillamente usare il suo cognome di battesimo e non identificarsi con Croft.. Tanto che c'era poteva cambiare il nome in Lara..
Beh, non voglio dire che il libro sia orribile, dopotutto l'ho letto senza problemi perché scorre molto velocemente..
Ci troviamo davanti al solito figo, stile Alex Pettyfer, che la protagonista adocchia fin da subito ammirando con una v
Noodles78
Apr 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Got this from Netgalley and I read this as my drying my hair book. It's cheesy, trashy and I kinda loved it. Made me giggle, but I definitely would not read this out in public. A bit rude!!
Jane Hunt
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The First Time We Met by Pippa Croft

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

'The First Time We Met' is the first novel in The Oxford Blue Series. Lauren Cusack, an US Senator's daughter gets her first real taste of independence studying for her Master's degree in the academic excellence of Oxford. On her first night in Oxford she flees from an uncomfortable encounter with Rupert a vicious snob and lecher and runs headlong into a sexy, enigmatic Alexander. The spark of
Linda Sims
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
SERIOUSLY HOT, BUT....

Lauren Cusack the daughter of an American senator, has arrived to study in England at Wyckham College Oxford. It's here she meets the enigmatic, sexy and very compelling Alexander Hunt. He's the son of a marquis and very upper class.

There's a connection between Alexander and Lauren, which after a few false starts they decide to explore. Of course there's an ex girlfriend lurking in the background.

While I liked this, it wasn't without things that were a problem for me. I rea
Amanda
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wish this book - or series of books, could be made into a TV series. Okay, perhaps the hot scenes (boiling) would have to be toned down a little, but it would certainly liven up a Sunday night! Croft manages to evoke aspects of one of my favourite shows, Morse. Her knowledge of Oxford and its beautiful portrayal has me walking through the streets and living the grandeur and history of the place. Throw into this is the feisty American, Lauren, who wants to put a broken heart behind her and just ...more
Christine
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for my copy of this book.

This is boy meets girl at Oxford University story, well posh English toff boy meets well off 'I know Obama' American girl.

I like a good steamy dark read and that was what I was anticipating. However I just couldn't get into it at all. The writing style didn't really suit me. I wasn't feeling the passion or the sexual tension.

I think this may be better suited to younger readers or people who like all that posh upper class shenaniga
Alessia
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: letti-nel-2014
Avevo bisogno di un libro così.
La mia mente stressata ne aveva bisogno.
Il mio cuoricino melassoso ne aveva bisogno.
E il mio animo di lettrice (troppo spesso) delusa dal genere NA ne aveva bisogno.
Sarà l'ambientazione favolosa, sarà Alexander Hunt, sarà la capacità di Pippa Croft di tenere le redini della storia dall'inizio alla fine. Fatto sta che mi sono goduta questo libro dalla prima all'ultima parola.
Ho già iniziato il secondo, e la meraviglia si sta ripetendo.
Consigliatissimo.
Leggere Romanticamente
3 stelline e mezzo
La recensione qui ---> http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...
Il confine dei libri
Buon pomeriggio, readers!
Oggi parliamo del primo libro della trilogia “Blue” di Pippa Croft intitolato “La prima volta che ti ho incontrato”, edito dalla Newton Compton Editori.
Il libro ci narra di Lauren Cusack, figlia di un senatore, che si appresta a lasciare l'America per andare a frequentare un master post laurea alla Oxford University. Lei vorrebbe, attraverso lo studio, mettersi alle spalle la delusione d'amore subita, ma il suo intento viene sconvolto da Alexander Hunt, bellissimo e vol
Jeannie Zelos
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The First Time We Met, The Oxford Blue Series 1, Pippa Croft.
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
I made a stupid mistake requesting The Second Time I saw You, ( review to come) as I thought it was a stand alone...however its a trilogy, and I was blown away by that part so had to get the first part just to see how it all started. I read a lot, 700-800 books a year, and contemporary romance is a genre I love but which carries a lot of bland, easy reading novels. That's fine for many readers who
Erin
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5*

I was first introduced to this book and author after I took part in a promo blitz for it ran by GG Book Tours. I liked the sound of it but hadn’t got around to reading it until just recently. It’s the first book in Pippa Croft’s Oxford Blue series.

So the story follows American student Lauren as she comes to England to attend Oxford University. There she meets Alexander and finds it hard to resist his advances even though the purpose of moving to England was to stay away from men.

I really l
Sorcha O'Dowd
I was really excited at the prospect of reading ‘The First Time We Met’ as being a Brit, there aren’t all that many books set in England in this genre, and as much as I’ve loved all the American books I’ve read, I did feel sometimes that I had trouble relating to them because they were all set in the States. ‘The First Time We Met’ took me on a journey in my favourite British City ‘Oxford’, and my god was this a great journey, one that has made me laugh and cry, and I know will continue to niggl ...more
Claire
Jun 14, 2014 rated it liked it
I was lucky enough to receive a free preview reading copy of the book from Netgalley.

Lauren Cusak arrives at Oxford, after a struggle with her parents to let her move from America to England to complete her masters degree. She is the daughter of the US Senate and just had her heart broken by her long term boyfriend. She is determined not to let anything get in the way of her studies, but that all changes when she bumps into Alexander Hunt in the corridors on her first night at the University.

Th
Moon Love
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is Pippa Croft's debut novel and the first in a trilogy. The second book is already available as an eBook and the third will be available in October. I can't wait to find out what happens with Lauren and Alexander next. I had high hopes for this book and all of them manifested. I read this 360 page book in about three and half hours. It's safe to say I devoured it.

Lauren is a sweetheart. I love how she wants to be independent and true to herself. She's been hurt in the past, and not much ha
Katey Lovell
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'd heard so many fantastic things about this book that I couldn't put off reading it any longer. And once I started it I was engrossed. Totally and utterly engrossed. Here's what I loved about this book.

This is an unapologetic sizzling romance full of lust and desire. I love a good steamy passion-fest and this was perfect. Lauren Cusack is the stereotypical well-to-do American abroad, studying for a Masters in art at Wyndham College, Oxford. However, studying isn't all she is doing in Oxford-
  • Made in Nashville
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • All That Glitters
  • Sex, Lies, and Cruising
  • Summer Secrets (Wickham Hall, #2)
  • Watershed (Love Where You Roam #1)
  • Saffron Skies
  • The Vintage Ice Cream Van Road Trip (Cherry Pie Island, #2)
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Christmas is Cancelled (Christmas is Cancelled, #1)
  • Christmas Ever After (Puffin Island, #3)
  • Silencing Sapphire (Stalking Sapphire, #2)
  • From Scotland With Love (Short Story)
  • Pompidou Posse
  • The Kiss Before Midnight
  • The Bone Garden (Wesley Peterson, #5)
  • All Aboard (The Canal Boat Café, #1)
  • Closing In
Pippa Croft is the pen name of an award-winning romantic novelist. After studying English at Oxford, she worked as a copywriter and journalist before writing her debut novel, which won the RNA's New Writers' award and was later made into a TV movie. She lives in a village in the heart of England with her husband and daughter.

Oxford Blue (3 books)
  • The Second Time I Saw You  (Oxford Blue, #2)
  • Third Time Lucky (Oxford Blue, #3)
“Whatever gave you the idea I had any intention of fitting anyone's picture? I plan on creating my own.” 1 likes