Start by marking “The Rhythm of my Heart (Matters of the Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rhythm of my Heart (Matters of the Heart, #1)

The Rhythm of my Heart (Matters of the Heart #1)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  415 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
** This book is recommended for people over 18 years due to strong language and sexual content.**

ebook, First Edition
Published June 25th 2014 (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Rhythm of my Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rhythm of my Heart

Angela
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Warning: This book ends on a cliffhanger, so if cliffhangers aren't you're thing, then please stop reading!! If you don't mind one, then carry on reading, I promise it will be well-worth your time!!

This is Velvet Reed's debut novel and what a debut novel it was!!! She most definitly has a bright, bright future if the books to come are like this and she certainly has a fan for life in me!!! The book grabbed me from the very first word, and i don't mean of the first chapter. Rather in the beautifu
Kristine GPI Bookblog
Where so I even start with The Rhythm of my Heart? I beta read for Velvet Reed so I got to see the whole journey, chapter by chapter and I've got to say it's been an amazing experience.
Gracie is strong, resilient, she's the kind of girl you want in your corner. She's had a rough trot but she's come out on the other side of it stronger, smarter and with a deep love for her family and friends.

Cole is dreamy, he's a doctor, he's amazing with kids, and has such a special relationship with his fami
Dijya
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
It was one of those books where you think you know how the book was going to end but still you kept reading it and then suddenly..

description

There's a twist in the plot. It definitely gave the story a whole new meaning and what can I say, I'm a sucker for mysteries.I read this book in one-sitting only..and it was so sweet with it's own laughing moments too.

It was totally an enjoyable read..and just as I was thinking of giving it 5 stars..

description

A Cliffhanger??

Where did that come form..nobody mentioned a clif
Chris- Bookaddict
Jan 16, 2014 marked it as to-read
Grace Rivers is your everyday twenty-five year old. She could have the world at her feet, but instead chooses to help run the family business. After experiencing great loss early in her life, Grace values what's most important: her family and friends. But she aches to find that certain someone—that one great, passionate love who values family as much as she does.

Cole Tierney loves his life. He has a wonderful family, a loyal best friend and a successful career as an ER doctor. The only downside
Becky
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Grace is hard working, caring, self-less, family devoted person. She works at the auto repair shop that her father owns as well as helps take care of her niece.

Dr. Cole Tierney is is you typical crazy sexy ER doctor. He takes his job seriously had is proud of what he does.

Gracie meets Cole after a tiny accident, and they both have eyes for the other. But Cole just needs to figure out how to ask her out.

This is a CRAZY g
Author Stalkers
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received and ARC for an honest review

I so loved this book! Grace is not a wishy washy heroine and knows what she wants. She has a strong head on her shoulders and isn't wimpy and shy like most female characters. Oh and Cole is just yum! I cannot wait for more books by this author! This is a must read!

There is a plot twist you don't expect and it will keep you guessing!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Find review on our blog http://bjsbookblog2.blogspot.com on Friday 4th July 2014

ARC received for an honest review

After reading teasers pop up on Facebook, I was very keen to read Velvet Reed's debut novel, The Rhythm of My Heart, so given the opportunity to join the blog tour, I jumped at the chance.

And I was not disappointed

Rhythm of My Heart gives us a sassy, smart, loving woman in Grace. Giving up her career to help her family was never a hard decision, but she feels she is missing something.
Ange from Cover to Cover Book Blog
WARNING: Cliffhanger that left me screaming and crying! Be warned!

Let’s meet the players here and get into this great book!

First we have Grace. She received a full scholarship to Berkley for finance and after school was complete, she had many prestigious offers with some of the top names in finance. However, her family needed her and she left it all behind to go back home. Her mother had passed away from cancer when she was younger. That left her father, Bryan, and her brother, Charlie. They are
Shay
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Rhythm of my Heart and I just freaking loved it!!! You just have no idea until you read this. I'm so serious. Grace and Cole meet while taking her niece into the ER. Cole is the ER doctor there and the sparks fly high in that room. Hell. I even felt it!! One thing leads to another and a relationship forms between them two. It's sweet and hot but of course there are obstacles. Always are. Miranda is a coworker of Cole's. A mean bitch if you ask me and trust me you want to throat p ...more
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Wow, I was really wowed with this book. I just thought this was an amazing book and the writing was exceptionally excellent. Velvet Reed did a wonderful job with this book and I'm excited to see that this is a series and will continue and everyone's story will be told.

Dr. Cole Tierney is a happy man, he has the perfect family and a wonderful best friend, the only thing missing his his better half. He has had his heart broken and he hasn't been able to find a woman who can make his heart beat aga
Kat
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance 17+ yrs

I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review for the Tour.

This book is the Velvet Reed Debut Novel, and she has started with a BANG!!!

I loved the MC - Grace Rivers is your everyday twenty-five year old. She's put family first as that means more to her than Financial gain or status (YAY a girl I can relate too).

One unforeseen accident leads her to meet every woman's dream...

Dr Cole
Carrie Richardson-horton
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Going into this book I was skeptical because I haven't read many doctor books. Oh my word am I glad I did!! Velvet Reed has hit it out of the park with this book!

Gracie- how could anyone not love her?! Gracie works at the auto shop for her Dad and takes care of her niece. Family is most important to her, and that really shows through the entire story. Gracie can be stubborn at times. She's a strong woman who doesn't take to backing down from things she believes in. After a minor accident with h
Tabitha Holmes
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God!!!!! I am still sobbing!!! Why would you do this to me Velvet Reed??? This book is such a beautiful story. It's about a girl who has been through tragedy in the past but has come through it all a better person. Grace Rivers is a really good person. She puts family first, ALWAYS. She's even given up a promising career for the sake of her family. Her heart cannot get any bigger. She takes it all in and goes with the flow. Her life is all of a sudden changed when she meets Dr. McSexy Pant ...more
Lisa
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First I will warn that this ends in a cliff hanger. Sorry for the spoiler but I know some don't like cliffhangers. With that being said, this is still an amazing read.

Grace was watching her niece that is deaf when she has an accident. Grace take her to the hospital where she catches the eye of a young, handsome, tall, blue eyed doctor named Dr. Cole Tierney. Dr. Tierney is doing is assessment when niece's father and grandfather enter. Dr. Tierney thinks that Charlie is Grace's husband but is qui
Anny hernandez
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

WOW I just finish reading this book, and I love it, love the characters, but the end I have to say their is a cliff hanger, I cant believe it left of like that, now I cant wait to read the second book, I felt in love with this book from the first page to the last, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begging with Gracie, she works at her family Auto shop repair, she love and value her fam
Angie
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

This was a wonderful book. Gracie has a good life even though she lost her mom at a young age and even though she had a great future ahead of her she decided family was more important than a high paying career. Only thing missing was someone to share her life with and her love of family. A minor accident with her niece has Gracie in the ER. That ER visit was about to change her life forever. In walks Dr. Cole Ti
Kerri McLaughlin
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Incredible debut!! I always find it amazing when an author can knock my socks off with their debut novel. As an avid reader, this is the type of book I crave, something new and different that reminds me of why I love reading so much! Ms. Reed had me so engrossed in Grace and Cole's story by the end of the first chapter that the world around me ceased to exist. This book was so much more than I expected it to be. The characters are so likable (except for one b*tch who needs to get throat punched) ...more
Jackie's Book Review
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Newcomer author Velvet Reed did an absolute amazing job with this story, it has a great storyline and the characters are so true to form.

The story centers around two main characters, the awesomely (I don't know if it's a read word or not but I liked it) Dr. Cole Tierney who is an emergency room doctor. Second is Grace Rivers an amazing woman and I loved the way Velvet wrote her character. Grace works for her family business and is a strong and independent woman with great family and friends in
Megan
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Grace and Cole's story was a beautiful, romantic, insta-connect type of story. It was super sweet and I loved that neither of them were too shy about going after what they wanted. Their romance was perfect and honest and I was thoroughly enjoying the book ... until halfway. There's this one moment in this story that broke the mould. Suddenly I wasn't just enjoying it but I was totally entranced. A whole new element was introduced making the story more complex and had me not wanting to put this b ...more
Megan
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Awww…. this starts out with the sweet meeting between two great people and then along the way a bit of drama gets thrown in and even some mystery and suspense. I absolutely loved the characters and the story line had me riveted to my tablet for the whole book. In fact, I read it in one afternoon and let me tell you, I’m in desperate need of book 2.
Cole and Grace are both really awesome characters. They instantly click with each other and have wonderful personalities. I took an instant liking to
Catarina Swartz
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rhythm of the heart is a beautiful love story about Grace Rivers and Cole Tierney, and how love can find you when you least expect it.

When Grace need to take her niece to the ER, She meet Dr Cole Tierney and the two are instantly attracted to one another, you can feel the electricity run through them and they can't stop thinking about each other. It doesn't take long for the two of them to get together and a beautiful love story emerges. In your heart you know these two are to be together.

This b
Kell's Bookmark Clique
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After just finishing this book, I had to stop by and review it straight away, as I want to tell the world how great it is.

I was very impressed when I learnt this was Velvet Reeds debut book, it has a great storyline, with characters that I instantly fell in love with, even the villain. Actually, especially the villain, as she is so deliciously evil, that I loved reading her part. (even though I wanted to punch her hard in the face)!

Gracie meets the dreamy Dr Cole Tierney in the ER room at the ho
Magic Within the Pages
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Liz
Rating: 5 Stars

**Copy received from author in exchange for an honest review**

What an amazing debut novel by Velvet Reed!

The Rhythm of my Heart is a wonderful story about Grace Rivers and Dr. Cole Tierney. They meet by chance and there is an instant connection between them both that neither of them can ignore for very long. With every new relationship there are the trials and Grace and Cole are no exception.
This book had my heart in my throat, almost had me in tears. There is a beaut
Tash
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Can you hate (used with love of course) an author for writing a book that at the end you’re mind is empty or screaming at the same time as to the cliffhanger that was just strung from the words of the page. The Rhythm of my Heart is the debut novel by Velvet Reed and I have no words. The beauty that was written on every page, blows me away. Cole and Grace met under distress after Grace’s niece falls and Grace takes her to the hospital. Swoon worthy Cole is the doctor who attends to them and man ...more
Victoria Debono
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rhythm of my heart ❤❤❤❤❤
I was given the opportunity to Beta read Rhythm of my heart while it was in progress for an honest review.
This story really does pull at your heart strings, Grace is a very beautiful, daughter, sister and Auntie. Her life totally revolves around her family. She helps to run a family business as well as looking after her niece Ruby for her brother Charlie. My heart was full from the moment I met them all, but then there is an accident and in walks Dr Cole Tierney. Swoon!
Rachel Hendry
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An amazing debut novel that I absolutely devoured.
This book had everything I want in a book...a great couple in Grace & Cole...a great network of family and friends...and Miranda the character you love to hate and wish very bad things on!
I loved the multi POV ...now other books where I have read more than two POV 's at a time I found confusing and difficult to follow but I applaud Velvet Reed as this was not the case here...it was perfect and I felt connected to the secondary characters almo
Peggy
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you pick up a book thinking it’s going to be “a certain way” like a sweet romantic HEA that has some mild tension and a few steamy scenes; but then, you start reading and WOW! Big surprise, the book is not what you thought; it’s even better. For me, that is what Rhythm of the Heart is. I was expecting a lovely romance and found a multilayered love story/mystery, complete with hot, passionate characters, the nastiest, egotistical ex ever, and a seriously psychotic stalker/voyeur. The ch ...more
Sassy Southern
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This is a CRAZY great story. I was up till all hours of the night reading it. I love how the a
Marina Skinner

5 stars!

I was very excited to be able to have the opportunity to read the first book from Velvet Reed! I really loved it!!

Velvet has given us a book with HOT men along with a great storyline! There are some heart wrenching times that you kind of want to slap someone, then there are some heartfelt moments too! I loved Grace & her family especially little Ruby! Then there is her friend Ash, made me wish I had a friend like her! I loved Cole, his family & friend Sam were just so wonderful!

T
Erin
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing so hard I actually snorted & crying like a baby all at the same time.

Grace Rivers gave up her high end career to move back and help out her brother Charlie and his deaf daughter Ruby.Grace knew that when her family needed her she would drop everything in a heartbeat. She now works at her dad's Auto Repair Shop and looks after her niece a few days a week.

An emergency rush to the ER has Grace meeting a hot sexy Doctor named Cole Tierney.

Do you believe in love at first
  • Ahead of the Darkness (The Darkness, #1)
  • Never Goodbye (Albany Boys, #1)
  • Lost Without You (Lost, #2.5)
  • Backstage Dirty (The Savage Light Rockers #1)
  • Spark (Spark, #1)
  • Something like Redemption (Something like Normal, #2)
  • Longest Days (The Firsts, #3)
  • Falling for Trouble
  • One True Thing (One True Thing, #1)
  • Two Hearts, One Soul (Soul, #2)
  • Tempting Sydney (Tempting, #1)
  • More Than a Maid (Barboza Brothers, #3)
  • Something's Come Up
  • No Regrets (Pace of Love #1)
  • Soul Ties (Soul Ties, #1)
  • Blue Shoes, Vol. 1 (Blue Shoes, #1)
  • Broken Embrace (Embrace, #3)
  • Cuts Run Deep
Velvet Reed is an avid book lover, turned writer.

Born and raised in Sydney, Australia; she is a city girl at heart but loves the laid back lifestyle of living in country New South Wales. Married to her first and only love, she is a devoted mother of three who juggles her very active children and their many extracurricular activities, working in the middle of the night and writing.

Velvet's love of
More about Velvet Reed

Matters of the Heart (5 books)
  • Saving Our Hearts (Matters of the Heart, #2)
  • A Home for my Heart (Matters of the Heart #3)
  • Fighting for my Heart (Matters of the Heart #4)
  • Surrendering my Heart (Matters of the Heart #5)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Absolution
    $3.99 $1.99
  • My Dearest Love (Longing for Home)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Choices (The Love's Valley #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Secrets in Summer: A Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Walkin' on Clouds (Angels & Outlaws, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)
  • The Secret Wife
  • OBSESSION
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Chances (The Love's Valley #3)
  • Nearlyweds
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Sweet Resolve (Lucky, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Promises (The Love's Valley #5)