Start by marking “The Memoirs of Casanova (Complete)” as Want to Read:
The Memoirs of Casanova (Complete)

The Memoirs of Casanova (Complete)

This Tribeca Press edition includes the full original text as well as an easy to use interactive table of contents.

Histoire de ma vie (Story of my Life) is both the memoir and autobiography of Giacomo Casanova, a famous 18th-century Italian adventurer. A previous, bowdlerizedversion was originally known in English as The Memoirs of Jacques Casanova (from the French Mémoire

Kindle Edition
Published December 13th 2013 by Tribeca Press (first published 1822)

To ask other readers questions about The Memoirs of Casanova, please sign up.
Diane Schuller I'm sorry to say this actually is the abridged version. Though there is another abridged version that is something like 2400 or 2600 pages. Honestly.

J.L. Dobias
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelf-003
The Complete Memoirs of Jacques Casanova de Seingalt

(The boy who never grew up)

I purchased what appeared to be an incomplete copy of this on Amazon and then went to the Gutenberg site to find the full 29 episodes of which one is rather incomplete. It comes with a warning:

[Transcriber's Note: These memoir's were not written for children, they may outrage readers also offended by Chaucer, La Fontaine, Rabelais and The Old Testament. D.W.]Giacomo Casanova. The Complete Memoirs of Jacques Casanova d
Ciprian Chivoiu
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably you never knew how colorful those times could be, neither I until I read Jacques Casanova memoirs.
Eliza Beth
Glücklich, wer sich Genüsse zu verschaffen weiß, ohne anderen zu schaden!

Der Mensch ist frei. Aber er ist nicht mehr frei, wenn er nicht mehr an seine Freiheit glaubt. je mehr Macht er dem Schicksal bemisst, desto mehr beraubt er sich selber jener Macht, der Gott ihm verlieh, indem er ihn mit Vernunft begabte.

Wer stark genug ist , seine Handlung so lange aufzuschieben, bis er wieder ruhig geworden ist, der ist wahrhaft weise. Aber solche Menschen sind selten.

In der physischen wie in der moralisc
Christine Mitchell
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
No offense to Benedict Cumberbatch who narrates this audiobook (the only reason I chose it!) , but even with his voice, this feels very very cheap dime store romance bragging. I'm sure its better at some point but I give it a good 40 minutes of squeamish listening at his young age, at how fast everything advances and gave up.
Diane Schuller
Jan 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disliked

== This was crap. Rightfully, it deserves zero stars. Crap.==

I would NEVER EVER have read any part of this except that it was actually selected by one of our book club members! After several of us being in shock over the insane length of it, we were assigned several chapters each by the person who selected this tome.
Andrea Swinsco
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read, despite the frustration at the incomplete ending and missing portions of the original manuscript.
Zoe Kaboom

• La dama duende
  • El castigo sin venganza
  • Aliénor d'Aquitaine
  • Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • Oskar Schindler: The Untold Account of His Life, Wartime Activities, and the True Story Behind the List
  • George Orwell: The Authorised Biography
  • The Cherokee Nation: A History
  • Nove saggi danteschi
  • The Fabliaux
  • I Want You to Shut the F#ck Up: How the Audacity of Dopes Is Ruining America
  • Gogol: The Biography Of A Divided Soul
Giacomo Girolamo Casanova de Seingalt was a Venetian adventurer and author. His main book Histoire de ma vie (Story of My Life), part autobiography and part memoir, is regarded as one of the most authentic sources of the customs and norms of European social life during the 18th century.

He was so famous as a womanizer that his name remains synonymous with the art of seduction and he is sometimes ca
“We avenge intelligence when we deceive a fool.” 0 likes
“If pleasure does exist, and if life is necessary to enjoy pleasure, then life is happiness. There are misfortunes, as I know by experience; but the very existence of such misfortunes proves that the sum-total of happiness is greater. Because a few thorns are to be found in a basket full of roses, is the existence of those beautiful flowers to be denied? No; it is a slander to deny that life is happiness. When I am in a dark room, it pleases me greatly to see through a window an immense horizon before me.” 0 likes