Start by marking “Artist's Touch (Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild #1)” as Want to Read:
Artist's Touch (Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild #1)

Artist's Touch

(Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild #1)

Every starlet wants master painter Kenon Alavi to do her portrait…and more. But Kenon prefers firm to soft and sates his desires with the boyfriends of the women he paints, enjoying the diversity of many lovers but shunning any attachments.

Wallace Harte’s English degree isn’t helping him and working at a bar is the closest he’s gotten to being the Second Coming of Faulkner
Published February 26th 2014 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Artist's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artist's Touch

Start your review of Artist's Touch (Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild #1)
Anna Goerlitz
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, on-the-blog

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wally is an aspiring writer with writers block, tending bar to make ends meet. One night he tends bar at a gallery event and meets the flamboyant and arrogant painter Kenon.
Kenon wants Wally and a game of cat and mouse ensues when Kenon hires Wally to plan a party (?) at his artist guild G3.

This wasn't for me. I disliked more or less everything in the story: The main characters, the side cast, the setting of the artist
A.E.
I'm not the type to waste time re-writing a synopsis, you can read it for yourselves. Instead I like to talk about the content of the book. Kerry Adrienne gave me this book for an honest review, so here goes.

Two simple words...LOVED IT!!

This is a story that's pretty typical in the romance genre...and not just in m/m. Where there's a MC that's detached his emotions and heart from any involvement in fear of being burned and the other MC that kinda wears his heart on his sleeve and is a hopeless r
 Rosebud
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A chance meeting puts Wallace Harte in the sights of Kenon Alavi, artist extraordinaire, at a exhibition showing where Wally is working as an event bartender. Kenon, used to getting what he wants when he wants it, tells Wally to stay after the event expecting him to obey as so many others have in the past. To his utter shock, Wally runs out before Kenon can implement his plan to seduce the naive man for a night of hot sweaty man on man sex.

And so begins a game of cat and mouse as Kenon lures W
Penumbra
I received Artist’s Touch from the author through the Goodreads M/M Romance Group’s Don’t Buy My Love program for an honest review.

This story is told in third person through the eyes of both Wallace ‘Wally’ Harte, a writer, and Kenon Alavi, an artist.

(view spoiler)
Meg
Apr 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This read is exactly what the blurb says. A cat and mouse chase. Kenon is a very wealthy artist who has his pick of projects. Wally is a bartender struggling to pay off his student loans and housing expenses. While working a show for Kenon, Wally is approached by the artist and asked to meat him after the show. Kenon is so sure of himself he is shocked when Wally leaves without hooking up. From there on the chase is on.

Not wanting to tell t
Susan65
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
What we have with Artist’s Touch is a cat and mouse game between Kenon and Wally. Kenon is the pursuer while Wally is open to being pursued, but he doesn’t trust that it’s more than just a game. And at first, he’s right; it’s not anything more than a game. Kenon is convinced that once he has Wally his infatuation will go away. Wally knows he hasn’t a chance in hell of being more to someone like Kenon than a temporary distraction, and so he lives out his fantasy in the novel he’s writing.

Kenon Al
Apr 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-review-copy
A free copy of the book was provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

The Artist's Touch is mostly about flirting and building up sexual tension between two young men from different worlds. Wally, a just-graduated in-debt struggling young writer, and Kenon, a wealthy, famous artist. I found it to be a quick, easy read and enjoyed Kerry Adrienne's writing style. The story is quite sexy, although there is not much actual sex in it.

I enjoyed the character of Wally. He was a nice
Jilrene
I received a free copy of this book via the Goodreads Don't buy My Love program in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 fluffy hearts

What a beautiful romance. I started reading and did not want to stop. Not only was I curious about what would happen next, I felt compelled to keep reading. This is not a heavy mystery or complicated novel. This is a fun, sweet read with a touch of insta-love.

Wally is an aspiring writer. Well, maybe aspiring is a bit of a stretch in the beginning. He’s not found
Lisa
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
** I received this book free for review from the author through the DBML (Don't Buy My Love) program in the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.**

Kenon is a founding member of the G3, Artists Guild and a famous painter.
At the unveiling of his latest paintings, he meets Wally, a struggling writer of erotica who is tending bar to earn extra money.
He asks Wally to stay behind after the show but Wally runs.
Kenon then tracks Wally down and asks him to organize a masked ball and in the process he begins to
Donna
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, love-bytes
To start with – the first meeting. Wally (that name bugged me throughout) is working as a bartender at an art exhibition where world famous artist, Kenon Alavi (now that’s a name) is unveiling his latest masterpieces. Their eyes connect across the room with what I pictured to be perfect daytime television smolder and Kenon instantly adds Wally to his “to do” list.

Read my full review about how much I loved this book on The Blog of Sid Love
Imeida Ascolese
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had this beautiful story in my tbr list and it took me a day and a half to fall in love with Kenon and Wally.

Loved this story. Felt the love and passion Kenon and Wally felt, how it grew with each passing moment. Thank Kerry for bringing these two men to life. Can't wait to read more.
Chloe M
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I actually enjoyed this.
Loved the idea of an Artist's Guild in NYC.
Loved the characters.
Loved Kenon!

Can't wait for the next one.
Riveting stuff.
Elisa Rolle
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2014 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Amanda
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one from a new to me Author. Looking forward to more of this series.
Veronica of V's Reads
I received a copy of this book via Goodreads' Don't Buy My Love program in exchange for an honest review.

Kenon Alavi is a famous artist, highly sought for portrait work of the rich and famous. Kenon is openly gay and enjoys seducing the male partners/husbands of his female clientele. He was hurt, deeply, by a former lover and it has taken a toll on his willingness to pursue another relationship. He also heads the Gallant Gentlemens' Guild, or G3, a collective of artisans of all stripes that live
mah1
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, dbml
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Artist's Touch is a quick and sweet read and if you're looking for some fluff with mild angst, this might just hit the spot.

Overall the story is pretty simple; an aspiring writer falls for an artist, who has been betrayed by an earlier boyfriend and is only looking for brief flings.

The first problem I encountered with the book was the modern setting. It felt like the writer was used to historical settings, but I can't be
Crystal Marie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
What happens when two creative souls, one a world famous artist, the other a bartender/part time new author, meet for the first time? Sparks fly and resistance increases for these two men. Kenon has been hurt recently by another creative artist, who wanted to use him for his money and fame, only to sell him out and leave Kenon with broken pieces of his heart.
Tbird London
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wally is a poor boy who wants to be a bestselling author but knows in order to do that he is going to have to work his way up and more imp
Angela Goodrich
Artist's Touch tells the story of two starving artists, Wally and Kenon. Wally is an aspiring young author who works as a bartender in order to pay the bills as he struggles to find inspiration for his first novel - he is a perfect example of the starving artist. On the other hand, Kenon is a rich and highly sought after portrait painter who has the luxury of picking and choosing the commissions he accepts; yet he too is a starving artist, but Kenon is starving for a true creative outlet, an opp ...more
Victoria Rainey
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Night Owl Review

Original Review Published here: http://www.nightowlreviews.com/v5/Rev...

Kenon Alavi is a master painter who is so good that everyone is clamoring for him to do there portrait. He seems to have women throwing themselves at him however, Kenon is gay. The boyfriends capture his attention more than the women who throw themselves at him. Kenon is under the impression that what he wants he gets and when he spots Wally, Kenon expects Wally to fall in line along everyone else.

Wallace “W
Alicia
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
(This book was received free in return for an honest review.)

3.5 Stars
Creative writer/bartender Wally has captured the attention of famous portrait painter Kenon. What follows is a round about seduction on the part of both men. Both MCs are extremely insecure and allow others to impact their lives and thoughts.
Overall I thought that Artist's Touch was a fairly good book. The story was unique and the author "paints" a very pretty picture. Some of the descriptions were breathtaking and the reader
dbbks3
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, steamy, art
I enjoyed this story even with all of its angst. Kenon is instantly enamored with Wally but he doesn't do relationships.

He’d have Wally. He just needed to play the game a little differently than he usually did. Wally wasn’t used to the big leagues. He’d frightened the boy with his forwardness. He’d try again and take his time with him—a sneak attack instead of a frontal assault. Lure him. Seduce him.

Wally was a young writer who wasn't writing.

He took in a deep breath. The guild. He hadn’t felt
Sadonna
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it
2.75 stars. I thought the writing was pretty good, but I felt like it was missing some depth - especially for Wally. He seemed more a caricature rather than a character. Kenon was more developed - we got a better - although not completely clear - understanding of his motivation from past betrayals. I think the story would have been more engrossing if it were longer giving more background to the characters and their desires. Why i Wally in NYC? Where is he from? Why does he write? What is it with ...more
Susan Anne
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I recently received a copy of Artist’s Touch by Kerry Adrienne and really enjoyed it. Having been on the fringes of the NY art world at one time, it was fun to read about a successful artist and his fantastic home/studio/guild on the upper west side. He had many personal obstacles to overcome on the road to a relationship, but had help from a BFF to get there. The other protagonist also had an encouraging voice in the form of a fellow tenant in his slummy apartment complex. I found some of the s ...more
Melanie
Mar 12, 2014 rated it liked it

Rating: 3.75 stars out of 5

ScatteredThoughtsandRogueWords.com: "Artist's Touch was enjoyable romantic story, my first from this author. I found it to be sweet without being too cloying, and based on a terrific premise of an artist's guild, G3, which Adrienne is developing into a series. There was so much about Artist's Touch that I liked, from the plot to most of the characters that the positive elements outweighed the few issues I had with the story. So let's start with those first…"

To read my
Anji Plesh
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
An erotic read with sexual tension simmering on every page. The story of Kenon and Wally is a light quick read, the perfect escape on a dreary day. Always fun to immerse yourself in the story of a complete jerk being reformed by true love and this game of chase has the expected yet very satisfying ending. Would have enjoyed more time spent in this world as it is filled with luxurious details that tempt the senses and characters screaming for more attention. Looking forward to the next story in t ...more
Vicki Tubridy
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Artist Touch blew me away. I did not want this book to end so I pray there is more to come, please say that there is.

Kenon and Wally are just amazing so different yet the same if that makes sense. I felt for them both and was cheering for them hoping and praying while holding my breath to see what would happen.

I wanted to slap that Andretti ( sorry if I spelt that wrong) he just grrr

Seriously everyone needs to own a copy of this book.
Mike
Sweet story of a successful talented larger than life artist and a shy bartender

The shy Wally really worked for me and Kenon was an interesting mix of success, wealth, control, confidence and vulnerability. The slow build of the flamboyant, headstrong artist pursuing (and in the end wary of) the poor, possibly greedy dreamer made for heat and enough of a story to build a bit (albeit rushed) of a relationship and ensuing heat.
Mauricia Nacamuli
Aug 27, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not so sure.

Not so sure.

This is one of those stories that I just can't fathom or understand. Did I like it? I'm not so sure. The story lacked a depth. There was Kenyon oh so paranoid and Wally blushing at every turn. For goodness sake I was hoping for something I could really get into but boy was I disappointed.
Kristi Ahlers
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written novella with a ton of heart and heat. The relationship between these two men is amazingly drafted and executed. This is one book I have no trouble recommending. It's a quick and very entertaining read about love. ...more
USA Today bestselling author, repped by Marisa Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency. Believer in human rights. Love my kids, my cats, and music.

Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild (3 books)
  • Sculptor's Desire (Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild #2)
  • Guitarist's Wish (Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild #3)